Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 09:10 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Wrestlers
Sincere Lee Wild Offline
XWF's Ultimate Sin

XWF FanBase:
Monster Heel

(always booed; cheats; hurts people)

02-01-2013, 07:34 AM

Okay I just have to voice my opinion take it or leave it doesn't really bother me. Real wrestlers in an efed is something I just can not stand in my opinion it takes away and lacks imagination.

Though there are not rules against it I have noticed some people using real wrestlers out of character. This is no way to put you or anyone on blast so do not take it the wrong way. If your going to have a Mankind character it has to be realistic for instance in sure the real Mankind wouldn't say titty fuck or cunt.

I'm just saying if your going to use a real wrestler use him appropriately. This is why I think feeds should be for created characters only but I have said it once and will again. Opinions are like buttholes everyone has one.

Amber

[Image: jf84dg.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Angelus Offline
The Whole Damn Show

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

02-01-2013, 08:57 AM

I definitely get where you're coming from. There was a brief discussion about this last night on Skype. I know there are a couple people who agree with you. So you're not alone on that. My opinion, and it's just that, only an opinion, is that "real" wrestlers work when they kind of fit the universe the XWF exists in.

Example, for me I could see a Jeff Hardy or Brock Lesnar joining the XWF in the universe where the XWF and WWE and TNA all co-exist. In a way it kind of adds a real life wrinkle to the world we're creating here.

Where I agree with you is if you have real wrestlers acting out of character or taking the character in a direction that they would never go in. Personally, I'd like to see the real wrestlers showing up here stick to the Jeff Hardy's, Lesnars, maybe a Chris Hero, or Samoa Joe. I think if we start trying to influx the Attitude Era here then something is lost. That's just my opinion. Though, I trust in management here that that wouldn't happen.

[Image: fightaboutit.jpg]
2x XWF X-Treme Champion:
1.31.13 to 3.31.13: 62 days
8.14.13 to ???
Current Reign: 21 Days
Hate Post Like Post
Sincere Lee Wild Offline
XWF's Ultimate Sin

XWF FanBase:
Monster Heel

(always booed; cheats; hurts people)

02-01-2013, 09:05 AM

Whole heartedly agree with everything your saying. Toodles everyone heading to the airport tovet home.

[Image: jf84dg.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-01-2013, 12:41 PM

It sounds like you're saying if a person has a real character, they have to ONLY do things that character has done on TV.

That in itself WOULD kill creativity, so I can see how such a thing would be a real bummer.

Unfortunately, no, we don't allow a person to come in and be a real wrestler and ONLY do things that wrestler already did. They have to actually be creative. I can sit here and make a 1000 word argument on reasons why it actually takes more creativity to be a real wrestler in an e-fed, successfully, rather than having an easy and free slate of your own wrestler. Trust me when I tell you if can go both ways. If somebody plays as Stone Cold and all you see them doing is the same interviews that the character did in WWE years back, then they will be removed.

A lot of people forget how limited, and I mean really limited, any "real wrestler" is within the realm of WWE and TNA and the like. They're almost no-dimensional if that even makes sense lol so yes, there is an insanely vast sea of room for creativity if a person wants to bring in a real wrestler. They are encouraged to "add on" that character and turn it into their own creative piece of work. If you think you can take one of your favorite real wrestlers and give them more depth and more storyline background than WWE ever did, then you're encouraged to do it.

If you ever see a "real wrestler" here who is only doing the EXACT same things, basically on replay, that you saw them do on live television then you can bet they won't be here long. Our RPing methods allow a character to actually be followed at all times with a camera that "sees all" and it allows for rather creative stories to unfold. I for one can't WAIT to see what XWF's Jeff Hardy is doing in his spare time, or what kind of adventure Brock might take us on, or what somebody like Cyren can come up with for HIS vision of Stone Cold. I actually think it's going to be very entertaining.... just like it always was in the past when I ran feds that allowed this.

It works. It's only an experiment in the XWF realm, but in the e-fed realm as a whole we already know it works if the owners of the fed KNOW how to make it work. They also have to be able to RP well enough (and creative enough) to WIN most of the time so they can live up to that real wrestler's reputation. If Stone Cold comes in and loses several matches in a row, it means he's doing it wrong and loses the right to be that character. See how that, in itself, will work it out? Smile

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(02-01-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-01-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:Real wrestlers in an efed is something I just can not stand in my opinion it takes away and lacks imagination.

Yeah, I agree. I've never been too crazy about having real and fake characters mixed in a fed. There's just something about it that bugs me. It seems like it would be more fun to take certain qualities from a real character, and applying it to your own. Like instead of Stone Cold Steve Austin, you just make your own version of a hell raising redneck.

But I'm open to whatever you guys want to do. Who am I to tell you what counts as creative and not creative?

Hell, maybe I'll bring back Owen Hart from the dead and do Zombie Owen.
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-01-2013, 04:12 PM

(02-01-2013, 03:51 PM)John Madison Said: Hell, maybe I'll bring back Owen Hart from the dead and do Zombie Owen.

Why would he have to be dead? lol The point is that if somebody likes a real wrestler, past or present, they can grab that character and be as creative as they want with them. I'd love to see what someone can do with Owen Hart, Macho Man, Mr. Perfect, etc... and if somebody who is facing that character references them being dead, then the person making the reference is just going to look stupid and open themselves up to a devastating rebuttal if the handler of the real wrestler knows how to work this type of idea.

In my opinion it's worse to just flat out make it obvious that you're imitating a specific real name, but you just slap a generic name on them. THAT is not creative.

Just BE the guy you want to be then, and let's see how well you do it. If you suck at it, then you won't get to do it for very long at all. Access to real names is only for the most creative of people; not just for the random sake of using real names because it's cool to benefit from their legacy. If somebody wants to be Zombie Owen, they're going to catch a lot of heat because of the way it mocks his death rather than pays tribute to his legacy... A true fan of his wouldn't do that, and that in itself tells me the person wouldn't get very far because they're only mocking the idea.

Likewise if a wrestler is still living but can't wrestle, you're not going to assume the role of the non-wrestling version. I'm pretty sure The Giant Gonzalez is still alive (maybe?) but eventually got restricted to a wheel chair. The version of Giant Gonzalez that one of you guys might bring in would be the one who can walk, and pull off a couple wrestling moves. He might even do a big splash off the top rope if that's what you want, or he might be a master wood (of absolutely massive pieces, due to his own huge size) in his spare time in your stories.

E-feds are based off of people's like (or love, in some cases) for professional wrestling and fantasy combined. There's really no reason a fed as advanced as ours should restrict the use of a real wrestler, as long as we're strictly enforcing the specific rules they must adhere to. I like the idea of seeing where a handler can take that real name, and see how much better it is than the limited/bland versions we're actually given by WWE/TNA/etc.

Those who have done this before or who want to try it, know what I mean by it actually taking a lot of creativity to pull off. Those who automatically don't like it, will never choose to make a real wrestler of their own, and that's perfectly fine too. Free choice all around.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Jeff Hardy

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-01-2013, 11:59 PM

I wasn't a fan of the idea of using real wrestlers to begin with either. After roleplaying as characters I created I started thinking more about the concept and realized everything Admin just pointed out. I mean why not elaborate upon a real wrestler you like in a fantasy based wrestling game online? Why not take a character like Jeff Hardy and make his character more then what he ever could be in real life? I mean you'd have to give him depth, you'd have to show more then what is seen simply from watching TNA or even old WWE clips. You'd have to give insight on what he does everyday and unless you're secretly a stalker of the man, you'd have to make it all up and be creative. Hell if someone came in as John Cena and gave their interpretation of him off camera, smoking blunts and charging $500 bucks an autograph to kids he's visiting in a cancer ward at a children's hospital....I would think that was great. Hilarious almost. It's really all about creativity and telling a believable tale. So have an open mind and don't judge so quickly. However everyone is entitled to do what they want so if you hate the concept of rping as a real wrestler don't do it, but don't say a person is out of creativity just cause they use a real wrestler. I know I have see a shit ton of uncreative lackluster shlubs roll in come up with a name and a pic base, barely try and disappear. So creativity definitely doesn't just rely on that alone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeff Hardy's post:
(02-02-2013)
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

02-02-2013, 01:38 AM

I will admit I spoke at length about this topic with Shane and some others. Not a great length, but a length never the less. I was adamantly against this when I first heard of it. There has'nt even been a show with these guys on it yet, but I'm already changing my mind. Thinks I've seen from Brock and Jeff so far have been entertaining and for the most part, accurate.

Now, I'm curious as to how things will turn out.

As long as there is a balance in portraying these guys accurately along with going in and giving them more depth, I'm all for it.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sebastian Duke's post:
(02-02-2013)