Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-29-2024, 08:54 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » News, Rumors, Hype, etc...
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archie Lawson names his picks for his "Power 10"
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

08-09-2013, 05:11 AM

Number 10
Mr. Satellite
The current Television Champion will be disappointed that he did not manage to win the Rumble on Madness but should be happy with his performance. Eliminating three people is no easy task and the TV Champ proved why he is a worthy champion. You can't help but think it's only a matter of time before Satty has a go at taking that crown.

Number 9
Jessie Diaz
Jessie had a great showing in the rumble this week making three eliminations. She was one of the most impressive rumble competitors and despite her failure to win should be delighted with her overall performance.

Number 8
Alexandra Callaway
She managed to secure a tag team win for her and her partner Christine Nash this week and not only that but was declared one of the top three performers on Warfare on the night and has earned herself a shot at the X-Treme Championship in a fatal four way ladder match next week on Warfare. Although this will certainly be no easy task she has proved herself as a worthy opponent for Stevie Tyler. She also picked up a win at Night of Payne over Andrew Morrison again showing just how impressive she really is.

Number 7
Shawn Steele
Shawn has had it tough in recent weeks with the ongoing battle against the Connection and mainly John Austin. However, this week Shawn proved just how good he really is. He secured four eliminations in the rumble and lasted a large amount of time. Heyman's rumble was always going to be a tough challenge for the lone wolf but anyone who says that he was not impressive is lying.

Number 6
Luca Arzegotti
Luca pulled off a HUGE win over Peter Gilmour, no pun intended, this week on Warfare. Not only this but he screwed the Brotherhood and more specifically Peter Gilmour over in the rumble this past week on Monday earning the Black Circle a point in the on going battle. Luca keeps on winning and this is why he is ranked at number 6. He has moved out of John Madison's shadow and into the spotlight.

Number 5
Griffin MacAllister
After recently joining the Brotherhood and pulling off a victory last week in his return match against former Connection leader Ricky Desmond, Griffin has had plenty to say. He can say all he wants though as long as he continues to back up these words with impressive matches. Another victory this week saw him gain the Tag Team titles alongside partner Sebastian Duke. Since his return he has continued to impress and we can only hope that he continues this impressive record in the weeks to come.

Number 4
Sebastian Duke
Finally the Black Circle has got some decent competition and it comes in the form of a certain monster who has been nothing but impressive since he finally made his long awaited return. The Brotherhood, led by Duke, made a huge signing in the monster Nightmare this week and seems to be strengthening week by week. This bitter rivalry will continue to get tougher for both parties but this week was a win for the Brotherhood as the team of Sebastian Duke and Griffin MacAllister walked away the NEW Tag Team Champions. Mystica and Elisha eat your heart out.

Number 3
Stevie Tyler
Stevie had a tough week last week after suffering a loss at the hands of the United States Champion Eli James. However, this week he brought back his A game with a huge victory over Peter Lake, the man who won the gauntlet last week to earn a shot at Stevie's X-Treme Championship. Defending the belt was a massive success and is the reason in which Stevie sits at number 3 in the Power 10.

Number 2
LJ Havok
Despite being unheard of to most, LJ Havok had a huge week this week and ends up at number 2 in the Power 10, earning a shot at the one and only King, John Madison or should I say Juan Madison? No? Maybe? In what was one of the biggest events of the year so far, LJ knocked off 29 other competitors to earn a shot at the most prestigious title in the company. The golden crown that has been sat comfortably on Madison's head for some time now. Best of luck to the rookie.

Number 1
Eli James
Not a lot needs to be said about the reason in which Eli James currently sits at the top of the Power 10. Eli has worked incredibly hard to make the Congregation to success that it has been. His hard work has evidently paid off as in my first week of hosting the power 10 he has defended the United States Championship against the impressive Tony Santos and is well on his way to being voted July's Star of the month. A great month for Eli James and an even greater week. His promising and unique image has allowed him to immediately rise to the top and I can't help but think there's plenty more where that came from.

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

[Image: 97166.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 10 users Like Archie Lawson's post:
(08-09-2013), (08-09-2013), #MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (08-09-2013), AlexandraCallaway (08-10-2013), Andrew Morrison (08-09-2013), Christine Nash (08-09-2013), Mystica (08-09-2013), Peter Fn Gilmour (08-09-2013), Shocker (08-09-2013), Tony Santos (08-09-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-09-2013, 05:35 AM

Quote:Luca pulled off a HUGE win over Peter Gilmour, no pun intended,
HAHAHAHA I get it because he's FAT!

I think my buddy Juan Madison deserved a spot on that list. He eliminated Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on Madness and then transformed into a black man and threw Peter Gilmour down some stairs.
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-09-2013, 06:22 AM

ill be on the list next week after i beat ur lame ass John ;)

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

08-09-2013, 07:36 AM

What does everyone think of the first Power 10? Agree with it? Disagree? Who were the honourable mentions?

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

[Image: 97166.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Andrew Morrison Away
The Storm Of Destruction

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

08-09-2013, 07:57 AM

^I agree with the list, although I'd have to give an honorable mention to Christine Nash. She may not have had as great of results as some on this list, but RP-wise she was in that 7th-10th range and she is a co-tag team contender with Callaway.

W-L Record Since Return: 1-1 (singles or tag) 0-1 (special/gauntlet matches)
[Image: pdCdNLq.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Morrison's post:
Christine Nash (08-09-2013)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-09-2013, 07:57 AM

I always appreciate an initiative to highlight good performers but I also want to mention that the XWF abandoned rankings systems like this long ago because they became more trouble than they're worth. The basic formula that led to this discovery was this:

A. People started actually taking the slots too seriously and would be insulted if they appeared lower on the list than they expected to be, even if just ONE slot lower

B. It was nearly impossible for one person to actually read every single RP and know EVERYTHING that every single RPer has done for that week, meaning the rankings always were flawed and primarily opinion-based in an environment where many different styles and tastes come into play, so certain styles started getting favored while others started getting less recognition

C. Due to the reasons above, it started taking longer to figure out the exact rankings and turned into a chore that often times had NEGATIVE reactions either via PM or on the boards for all to see

Please keep all that in mind and remember if you want to post a list like this, to give it a name like "Archie's List" and include a disclaimer in the list itself that it's 100% your own opinions and has no connection to anything official because the XWF does not give number rankings. This is more like the "employee picks" that Blockbuster video used to do, where you could see which movies were the favorites of that employee that week. The next person's list of 10 might be completely different than yours, with just as many good reasons for each nomination, and that's fine because none of them are official.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Shocker Offline
Your Favorite A**hole

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

(usually booed; often plays dirty)

08-09-2013, 08:13 AM

Yeah, that makes sense. I would think we could all be adults about it, but that's a stretch. Just from my own perspective, I never put much effort in if i'm better then someone else. If I lose all the time, I don't really worry about it. It's fun that people like my writing style, but I understand why others hate it. For example, I always liked reading short story rps that you can read in 10-15 minutes. I'm not a big fan of reading really long rps that string into 4+ rps that would take you a few hours to read them all. I've read them before when I have time off work, but most of the time I never have that much time to read through some much material. Regardless, everyone does great work, regardless of experience and amount of time put in.

[Image: banner2.png?t=1375195158]

Reasons I'm Better Then You

2x UFO Champion
Highest Viewed Shove It GM Show: 8/31/13
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-09-2013, 09:31 AM

i should be on it

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Ricky Desmond Offline
Business as Usual

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

08-09-2013, 09:37 AM

(08-09-2013, 07:57 AM)Administrator Said: I always appreciate an initiative to highlight good performers but I also want to mention that the XWF abandoned rankings systems like this long ago because they became more trouble than they're worth. The basic formula that led to this discovery was this:

A. People started actually taking the slots too seriously and would be insulted if they appeared lower on the list than they expected to be, even if just ONE slot lower

B. It was nearly impossible for one person to actually read every single RP and know EVERYTHING that every single RPer has done for that week, meaning the rankings always were flawed and primarily opinion-based in an environment where many different styles and tastes come into play, so certain styles started getting favored while others started getting less recognition

C. Due to the reasons above, it started taking longer to figure out the exact rankings and turned into a chore that often times had NEGATIVE reactions either via PM or on the boards for all to see

Please keep all that in mind and remember if you want to post a list like this, to give it a name like "Archie's List" and include a disclaimer in the list itself that it's 100% your own opinions and has no connection to anything official because the XWF does not give number rankings. This is more like the "employee picks" that Blockbuster video used to do, where you could see which movies were the favorites of that employee that week. The next person's list of 10 might be completely different than yours, with just as many good reasons for each nomination, and that's fine because none of them are official.

Sorry this is completely my bad. I didn't mean to make it sound like anything official. I just assumed that was it was on my account people knew it was just my opinion. However, obviously this account has out ever been in a authoritive position so I should have sign posted that. My bad. Sorry.

[Image: oNSyU33.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-09-2013, 09:45 AM

(08-09-2013, 09:37 AM)Ricky Desmond Said:
(08-09-2013, 07:57 AM)Administrator Said: I always appreciate an initiative to highlight good performers but I also want to mention that the XWF abandoned rankings systems like this long ago because they became more trouble than they're worth. The basic formula that led to this discovery was this:

Sorry this is completely my bad. I didn't mean to make it sound like anything official. I just assumed that was it was on my account people knew it was just my opinion. However, obviously this account has out ever been in a authoritive position so I should have sign posted that. My bad. Sorry.

Not really something "bad" or to apologize about. I just was making some things clear that the majority of the roster today is unaware of. Some of you guys would be surprised how many different forms the XWF has taken over the years and how many things we've tried in the past that have allowed us to get where we are today. I have no problem with personal picks as long as everyone is aware they're not official.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-09-2013, 09:48 AM

I figured it was more of an in-character list rather than an actual rankings of who's writing better than who.

The way I saw it was a list that's based purely off of wins for that week.

Number 1 is Eli James because he made a successful US title defense against an up and comer. LJ Havok is number 2 because he shot himself up to a king match after winning a battle royal. Stevie Tyler is number 3 because he defended his X-Treme Title, and so on...

Kind of like how WWE wouldn't put out a top list of guys with the best in-ring psychology, but they do have a list based on who's doing what on the shows.
Hate Post Like Post
Hunter Payne Offline
RIP Ray Peterson

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-09-2013, 04:35 PM

I wanted to do something similar to this, but more like the NFL Top 10 list. Have a category of ranking. Example: The Top 10 Most Xtreme. Then name them off but have short breaks in between each number (or put them in different threads). Giving others time to provide commentary on the person and their number like "I think they should be higher on the list because of this, this, and this." This would be a fun thing to do management. :)

[Image: 111315-wwe-Eddie-Guerrero-pi-mp.vresize....high.1.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post