Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-28-2024, 08:48 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Fasting and Writing
Elisha Offline
Don't go down to the woods tonight.

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-09-2013, 09:54 AM

Eli James seemed to be quiet on the ride home to The Promise Land following the events on Warfare. Mystica seemed a bit frustrated at the loss, as did his partner Elisha. Elisha sat there with his head down mumbling. Once they arrive, everyone goes to their place of residence, except Eli and Elisha. Eli catches Elisha by his shoulder as if to tell him to let everyone leave. Once they are gone, Eli and Elisha take a walk together towards Elisha's cave.

"Elisha.. Elisha..

"S-S-Sorry. Lost.

"Everyone loses. People get gold and lose it the next day. It's a part of the circle of life. You.. you failed in another way. Let me ask ya.. do ya wanna go back? You wanna go take a few days of vacation in the barn?

Elisha stops walking and looks at Eli in fear.

"NO! N-N-N-N-NO! P-PLEASE. I DO GOOD.

"I took Eric Rex away from you because there was something much better inside. You, Elisha. Ya see, people are afraid of monsters. Parents tell them there's no such thing. When you talk about Frankenstein, Werewolf, and things like that.. of course its not exactly real. But the monsters that live inside our hearts, that's real. People hide them away, but they're there. I brought you out Elisha for a purpose. To be a prophet.

"Prophetprophetprophet. Yes. I help.

"Don't make me put you back there. Mystica is gonna teach you soon about the monster within.

Eli walks to Elisha and grabs him by the throat. Eli has a big smile on his face, but it slowly fades into a straight face.

"Bein' a prophet comes much persecution, sometimes from your own kind. Next Wednesday, you have the man I just beat.. Tony Santos in a Thumbtacks Casket Match. Next week, you're on your own.

Eli walks away, heading back towards his home. Elisha stands there watching him go away. Elisha had gotten an appetite from his match. He usually eats every two hours. He runs out into the woods to capture something. He hears, coming from the direction that Eli had walked..

"24 HOURS YOU FAST. NO FOOD. SLEEP WELL.

Elisha was so close to killing a full-size deer. What a feast that would have been for him. His stomach is growling, telling him to kill and eat. His mind is weighing both options, thinking Eli may not see him kill, but the Almighty would. Eli and the Almighty seem to have a direct communication to each other and Elisha doesn't want to go back to the barn. Elisha ignores the deer and decides to obey Eli's command. This is the first time Elisha has ever fasted. He's not use to denying himself something like this.

As he walks towards his cave, he sees his young mother, Lacey Rex, sitting on the steps of a cabin. Elisha turns his head at an angle confused as to why she's at the cabin and not home in the cave. She's sitting there with a book on her lap reading. He walks over to her slowly.

"Son. 'Bout time you came. Past your bedtime.

"Sorry, Mom. Mothermothermother. Mom. Sorry. Eli talk to m-m-me.

"Oh, alright. That's ok. Here, sit down with me. I wanna read to you.

Elisha sits in front of Lacey on the dirt ready to listen.

" 'We all hunger. We all thirst. We all crave. What is it, oh reader, that you hunger, thirst, and crave for? When your stomach growls, do you want to reach your hand out in the garden and partake in what we call food? When your body wants to fulfill natural pleasures and your eyes are filled with lust, don't you want to go have sexual relations? Don't. When you're out working in a field, and the sun is beating down upon you, and you want a sip of something to drink.. don't you want to go to the well and drink? Don't.

You must fast. Fast at least three times a month. Fast what you want the most at the time. Rid yourself of those earthly cravings and let that craving turn to something far better. Eternal satisfaction. Fasting is to deny yourself of an earthly crave, and set that crave aside to focus your attention on the eternal. My words are life. Eat them and you will be satisfied.'

Ain't that the truth, son? That's from Book of Eli."

It's what Elisha needed to hear to get through his hunger cravings. He wonders if Eli told Lacey to read that, or if it was a divine message to him. Elisha gets up and reaches out for his mother's hand.

"No, son. I'm home. You go to yours, okay? Eli wants you to write some poems and be by yourself a little while. I'll be here.

Elisha's head goes down and he walks away slowly sad. He can't help but hear his stomach telling his mind to eat. He just pushes on and gets into his dark cave. He sees a notepad and another book lying where he usually lays down to sleep. A post-it note is on top that says, "You talk in stutter, but you can write just fine. Write away, Elisha. Eli". Hoping to help forget about his hunger, Elisha figures he mine as well start to write his thoughts on paper.

"I had a different name once, long ago it seems
A normal sinner like the rest, but now I'm a beast
They stare with funny looks from what the outside shows
I use to enjoy things cooked, but now I love how blood flows
The taste of the red liquid that has its life
I'm just a darkened soul that was never meant to die

A casket of nails, nothing more than a vacation for me
The pour creature that will be across, the red liquid he will bleed
As he feels the fleshly pain, someone he should have sought
Could have made him free, but he'll lie in darkness says the prophet
Doom will plague the very pit he'll lay, for tomorrow
Rest in the casket with rusted nails, die in a drunken sorrow

- Says The Prophet of Doom

[Image: 2b6d4bc0-f04e-46fe-98b2-4584c5178299_zps1fa4586d.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Elisha's post:
(08-14-2013), #MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (08-09-2013), Great Buzzard Eli James IV (08-09-2013), Mystica (08-09-2013)