Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-15-2024, 06:32 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback
Caliban Offline
The born and raised irish airbourne

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

08-03-2013, 12:29 PM

This is short as it is a reply to another post on the looking for a fight forum, Im just copying and pasting it here instead of providing a link, basic back ground someone is questioning whether Caliban should be here or not

I never said I was going to lose either, I am going into it to fight, I'll repeat myself for you, "I expect defeat AS MUCH as I expect victory, I'm here because I love to be in a ring with people who can beat me down because every time they do I get to get the fuck back up and go straight back every time until I do beat them. I do belong here, it's everyone of you who questioned it, your wrong about one thing and that is, this is the wrestling business at the start it's not about winning the first time out it's about winning in the end. If you don't understand that then forget what I'm doing here and ask yourself what are you doing in the wrestling business in the first place. Why do you think Foley lost an ear and terry funks a zombie, WHY DO YOU THINK TOMMY DREAMER IS WHO HE IS, why is Austin Aries now one of the biggest names in wrestling on a nationally recognized scale, same with Claudio Castignoli, John Moxley, Tyler black and the list goes on. Take a look back at the first years of their careers, they weren't wrestling to win and they knew that, they were wrestling to prove themselves good enough to be winners and now they are. If I have to get the shit kicked outta me by everyone from satty right here to Gilmore, Steele, Callaway and Diaz, I will come back every week with this same smile on my face and ask for another and another and another and keep pissing everyone off more and more so the challenges don't dwindle. I'm not here to beat jobbers and pretend like I don't have to work for this none of you have any idea how much I worked for this, I had 3 operations on my body just to bring it up to code so I could get into the wrestling ring for the first time. I'm not 300 pounds and I'm sure as shit no Bill Goldberg clone. And someday when you least expect it, nobody will be expecting me to lose anymore

So yeah there it is, it's the first thing I've written here that I feel gets the position my character is in at this point in his career, below is also a match video I put up when I first started

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=5100 what I really want to know is how is my character doing technically at the minute, I am new and this is my first serious Character and was wondering what kind of tweeks I could apply to get my point across

[Image: saz0o3.gif]

[Image: 32zp5xt.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-03-2013, 12:43 PM

Please just fix the use of "your" and "you're" in your posts, then take it from there. That grammatical error is KILLING my ability to follow the plot in your posts. I know it seems crazy for that to be a dealbreaker, but it has been thus far.

September 2013 and May 2019 Star of the Month
1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

[Image: VIh61T5.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tony Santos's post:
Caliban (08-03-2013)
Caliban Offline
The born and raised irish airbourne

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

08-03-2013, 12:58 PM

I know and unfortunately its just not something I have ever got my head round and nobody I know will proof this for me as frankly they don't wanna read wrestling posts, I am trying though, 6 months ago I didn't use apostrophes or comas at all, but I will say one thing if that's your deal breaker then its been the same on any other type of written word type gaming I've tried so I guess I must not be that bad at this lol, thank you for bringing that to my attention, it is something that is being worked on just gimme a little time to work it into the old noggin

Thanks for the reply

Craig

***Fixed at least in sig and recent posts***

[Image: saz0o3.gif]

[Image: 32zp5xt.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post