Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-15-2024, 08:37 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! Information on the Warfare Gauntlet taking place 7/31
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-26-2013, 12:58 AM

Next week's Warfare will follow a special format. There will be two ten-person gauntlet matches. The way gauntlets work is that the match starts out as a singles match and whenever someone loses by pinfall/DQ/submission, they head to the back, and a new participant comes out to face the winner. This keeps going until all ten participants have fought.

What makes this match different in XWF, is that the spot you drew in the gauntlet actually has an impact on your character's endurance in the overall match. Each participant will start with a full health bar.

100%

This bar at 100% means your work is being counted at its fullest strength.

However, as the match goes on, your character can either lose strength or gain strength back. You lose strength by simply competing since fatigue will set in. Depending on how close your match was, you will lose a certain percentage on your health bar after each opponent you defeat. In order to gain energy on your health bar, you will need to squash a no-shower. So gaining energy will most likely be out of pure luck.

Obviously, the earlier you enter the match the harder you'll have to fight in order to progress.

For example, if Ricky Desmond and Jack Kronus turned out to be a close contest, then the next match-up might look something like:

55%
Ricky Desmond
- vs -
Guy Toadie
100%

Let's say that Toadie puts up the same quality as Kronus. Toadie would lose but he would knock off the same percentage that Kronus took off Desmond. This would result in the next match looking like:

10%
Ricky Desmond
- vs -
100%
Russelmania

Remember, this a rough example.

Obviously in this situation, Desmond would be put at a major disadvantage. His writing would need to the point where he could crush Russelmania's. Let's say Russelmania no-shows for some reason. Squashing a no-show would mean Desmond gains momentum. So the next match might look something like...

45%
Ricky Desmond
- vs -
100%
Christine Nash

This format creates a very unique, unpredictable match. The last time we did something like this was for Gauntlet City back in March.

The deadline for this show will be back to normal. 12:00 PM PST, on Wednesday.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
DeathMerchant (07-29-2013), Peter Fn Gilmour (07-26-2013), salmanvandam007 (07-27-2013)
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-26-2013, 02:08 AM

Nice job explaining it all. I already knew how it worked, but a lot of others weren't her for Gauntlet City. Seems like anyone can understand this.
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

07-26-2013, 04:05 AM

this is going to be my toughest match to write for yet.. but im going to go full out.

good job explaining it madison

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Andrew Morrison Away
The Storm Of Destruction

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

07-26-2013, 04:48 AM

this is my first gauntlet, just curious how one would go RPing for this type of match?

W-L Record Since Return: 1-1 (singles or tag) 0-1 (special/gauntlet matches)
[Image: pdCdNLq.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Morrison's post:
Christine Nash (07-26-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-26-2013, 06:47 AM

Best advice I can give is to really put forward your best quality stuff, lol. Sorry if that answer sounds too simple. Looking back at Gauntlet City we had people putting out around ten RPs each, but I don't think that will be the case here. Gauntlet City was gigantic (30 people) whereas this is two ten-person gauntlets. I think it's better with ten because I'd say it was nearly impossible to win in a 30-man gauntlet if you drew anything lower than ten.

One thing that this really depends on is quality output (or just rp output in general).

If Natural and Ward were to no-show, that would give Duke a major advantage since you absorb energy through squashing someone who no-shows. The harder you guys hit him though, the easier he'll be to knock out. Or if you can't just beat him outright, then that would be even better.

It's really a unique theme to have for a show, which is why we don't do it that often. I thought it would be a fun thing to revisit though.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour (07-26-2013)
Ricky Desmond Offline
Business as Usual

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

07-26-2013, 08:05 AM

Really looking forward to this even though I am entering at number one. I think the great thing about XWF is all of these original ideas. More stuff like this should be done for sure!

[Image: oNSyU33.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

07-26-2013, 09:41 AM

i think me being #10 gives me a HUGE advantage

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Great Buzzard Eli James IV Offline
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-26-2013, 10:25 AM

I'll be rocking in my chair at ringside seein who will face me for my title next. Good luck, boys.

[Image: N1KpZEA.jpg]

1x Universal Champion
1x Undefeated Trio Champion (1/3)
1x Undefeated Tag Team Champion
1x Undefeated European Champion
2x Undefeated UFO/FTW (Ark of the Covenant) Champion
1x United States Champion
2013 July Star of the Month
The One Who Ended & The Administrator
Former Owner of the XWF
Hate Post Like Post
Ricky Desmond Offline
Business as Usual

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

07-26-2013, 10:28 AM

Rocking in your chair? Will you two giant brothers be there too? Will you have a lamp? :O

[Image: oNSyU33.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Christine Nash Offline
The Twisted Angel!

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

07-26-2013, 11:22 AM

Looking forward to this... Can't wait to see how this works out seeing as I have never hear of this like this before. I am sure we will all give our 100% and then some. LOL

9-16-0
1 team win

DTA - Don't Trust Anyone!!!

Hate Post Like Post
Jason E Smith Offline
Welcome the Darkness

XWF FanBase:
Tweener/Neutral

(crowd reaction varies; dips between face & heel)

07-26-2013, 11:40 AM

This is a very good opportunity for anyone that's in a gauntlet... and ideas like this really shakes things up a bit, looking forward to this
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-26-2013, 11:47 AM

Exactly. It pretty much gives a boost to some of the guys who might struggle against the more established talent. It's one of those things where the very best RPer doesn't necessarily win. It all depends on effort and a little bit of luck.
Hate Post Like Post
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

07-26-2013, 03:22 PM

The gauntlets are fun as hell. I might even go that route with the Madness tournament since I'm so damn undecided Wink
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

07-26-2013, 05:53 PM

(07-26-2013, 10:25 AM)EliJamesIV Said: I'll be rocking in my chair at ringside seein who will face me for my title next. Good luck, boys.

shine it up real good for the BROTHERHOOD Wink

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Hate Post Like Post
RussellMania Offline

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

(usually booed; often plays dirty)

07-27-2013, 11:13 AM

Wow, excited for this..... I've got a busy week but for something like this I am going to make the time.... Should be an excellent match! So many possibilities... Looking forward to it!
Hate Post Like Post
DeathMerchant Offline

XWF FanBase:
Monster Heel

(always booed; cheats; hurts people)

07-29-2013, 09:25 AM

This will be my first gauntlet and I must say that I really like the concept. It is unique and should be very entertaining. Nice job by whoever thought of it. The best of luck to all involved.

[Image: HLane.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post