Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-27-2024, 02:07 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Madness Character Development RP Board
Family Catch-Up
Sean Parker Offline

TITLE - Anarchy Champion

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-01-2023, 07:14 AM

The Parker family home in Santa Barbara, California was a sight to behold. The family had been a centerpiece of professional wrestling for over thirty years. Every wall and cabinet was filled with framed stills depicting the careers of Sean and his uncle, Butch, Championship belts from different promotions and generations, trophies, awards you name it. It was the first time in almost a month that Sean had been here since his acrimonious and controversial departure from the Hardcore Wrestling Alliance, the company he had competed in his entire career and that his uncle had inherited ownership of in 2015. 

In the kitchen, Sean’s aunt through marriage, HWA co-CEO, Wisdom, a beautiful, striking woman in her early forties, is preparing dinner. Butch, a muscular behemoth himself standing a whopping 6ft5, still looking in incredible physical condition despite his semi-retired state. Wisdom eyes fleet across to Butch as he chops some vegetables, his mood indicative of the way he is slamming the sharp knife through the capsicum peppers.

“Please be understanding tonight, Butch. This was a big thing for Sean to do, stepping out on his own like this. The last thing he needs is you bringing him down.”

Butch doesn’t respond, engrossed in his mini battle with the vegetables on the chopping board. Wisdom rolls her eyes. She clears her throat loudly in attempt to snare her husband’s attention.

“Excuse me? Am I invisible?”

Butch looks up, as if snapped out of a trance.

“Sorry, did you say something?”

Wisdom’s eyes roll again and she adds a shake of the head to her disappointed visual ensemble.

“I said you need to go easy on Sean tonight!”

A sigh emanates from the Parker patriarch.

“He made a brave decision to go out on his own like this, Butch! For Pete’s sake, he’s been away from HWA for a month and he’s already won a World Championship! I still can’t believe you wouldn’t support him.

“What choice did I have? The premiums were to going to be extortionate to cover him after that injury!”

“Don’t give me that, you know we can afford it! He had that injury 10 years ago! He worked his ass off in rehab, all those surgeries, the sessions, the therapy! And how do you reward him? Dark matches! Mid-card matches! Putting over Academy graduates!”

“He needed to pay his dues! That’s how I learned!”

“He’s 25, Butch! Not some green-as-grass rookie who doesn’t know how to do a vertical suplex. He’s a generational talent, Butch and you squandered it out of some bullshit sense of protecting him!”

“What if he got hurt, Wis? Hmm? What if something went wrong, he’d be back to square one!”

“Don’t give me that, Butch! You know as well as I do there’s more chance of him getting struck by lightning than getting hurt again. We had the chance to build the company around him and Matt. They could've had a historic rivalry over the World Championship but you wanted to keep him in the shadows.”

“I’m not arguing about this anymore, what’s done is done. He’s moved on.”

“Yes, he has and you will NOT hold that against him! He’s on the verge of making a huge name for himself and he’s done without your help and hindrance. You will be supportive.”

There is a long moment of silence before Butch reluctantly nods in acknowledgement. The sound of a car can then be heard pulling up outside. Wisdom gives Butch one more look.

“Be nice!”

Outside, Sean has pulled up in his red and black Camaro RS. He looks out the windshield at the house in front of him. He’d had many happy memories here, family dinners, birthdays, Christmases, Thanksgivings. Tonight was different though. He hadn’t spoken to his uncle in a month and so much had happened. Did he even know what he had done in those four weeks? His World Championship win in WCW? His debut for Zion? His appearance on Madness for XWF? He sighs deeply. Sean’s girlfriend, Michelle is sat next to him in the passenger seat. She notices his anxious demeanor and places a comforting hand on top of his.

“Remember, be nice tonight, Sean. Please don’t argue or let what’s going on with you and Butch ruin the evening. David and Evina have been dying to see you again, the last thing they want to see is their dad and big cousin fighting.”

Sean exhales deeply through his nose and nods. He brings Michelle’s hand up and kisses it.

“I know. It still hurts though, Shell. I’ve done so much, proved so many doubters wrong. I’m World Champion for the first time and I doubt he even cares.”

“He’ll care babe, you know he will. Please, just enjoy the night. Play some video games with your cousins, tell them some war stories and have a nice dinner.”

Sean sighs again.

“You know, it was incredible being in Manhattan at Madness. Thad really knows what he’s doing there, you know. That roster is stacked with talent. I can’t wait to get in the ring there properly.”

Michelle smiles, seeing the passion and excitement in her boyfriend’s face.

“See,” she says warmly, “this is how I want to see you, babe. Excited, passionate! Hang on to that.”

“I’ll try.”

They lean towards each other and share a kiss before climbing out the car and approaching the front door. Sean and Michelle walk in. Even though things had been tense, members of the family and close friends were always permitted to come in without knocking.

“Hello?” Sean says loudly as he and Michelle take their coats off. “Anyone home?” 

The sound of two smaller pairs of feet running through catch their attention.

“SEAN!” 

Sean’s little cousins, 6-year old David and 10-year old Evina toddle through from the den and jump at Sean who can’t help but smile as he bends down and hugs them tightly. 

“Hey guys! Have you been good?”

“Yeah, we have! We missed you!”

“Aw, I missed you too!”

The kids give warm cuddles to Michelle too. She and Sean had only been dating a few months but with her being an active wrestler on the HWA roster and trained by Sean’s aunt, she was already practically family. Wisdom and Butch materialize from the kitchen, an apron still wrapped around her. She beams warmly, extending her arms out. Sean and Michelle both embrace her warmly.

“So good to see you guys!” 

She kisses both Sean and Michelle on the cheeks.

“How was your drive?”

“So-so,” Michelle replies, “Sean flew back from Manhattan this morning so we had to leave early to beat the afternoon traffic.”

Butch and Sean look at each other for the first time in a month. Wisdom and Michelle exchange worried glances. Butch extends his hand out.

“Good to see you, Sean.”

Sean looks at Butch’s hand and catches a subtle nod from Michelle. He looks back and shakes Butch’s hand.

“You too, Uncle Butch.”

“I hear congratulations are in order. World Championship in your first pay-per-view appearance. Impressive. Is that the title there?”

Sean’s eyes follow Butch’s gaze as he looks down at the leather duffel bag.

“Thanks,” Sean replies. “And yeah, though the kids might want to see it along with a couple of little gifts for them.”

“Why don’t you all get comfortable in the living room,” Wisdom suggests, “Dinner won’t be long, hope you’re both hungry.”

“I’ll help,” Michelle chimes in, following Wisdom into the kitchen. Meanwhile, David and Evina are unzipping Sean’s duffel bag, raking through it. David pulls out the WCW World Championship, struggling to lift it up.

“Wow! Is this your belt?”

Sean smiles as he lifts the belt up and places it over his little cousin’s shoulder.

“It sure is, buddy. You look much cooler in it than I do though.”

The Parker family living room emanates a cozy ambiance, warmly lit by soft lamps. Wrestling posters and memorabilia adorn the walls, a testament to the family's deep-rooted passion for the sport. He sits on the comfortable leather couch, fully immersed in a video game, while his young cousins, 6-year-old David and 10-year-old Evina, excitedly surround him, eager for his attention.

In the kitchen, Michelle and Wisdom are putting the finishing touches on dinner. 

“Well, that was better than I expected,” Michelle admits, a tone of surprise contouring through her voice.

“Butch has been warned to keep it civil,” Wisdom assures her. We want Sean to feel loved and welcomed. We’re so proud of what he’s done.

“Thank you, Wis,” Michelle smiles. “He won’t admit it, but he’s hurting so much that Butch couldn’t see him win that title.”

“He did watch it. He’s watched every single match he’s had. He cried when he won that World Title but both of them are too stubborn to talk about this properly.”

Back in the living room, the evening continues to unfold. The room is filled with laughter and cheers. Sean, affectionately called "Cuz" by his younger cousins, showcases some wrestling moves, playfully making David and Evina his wrestling apprentices, eliciting squeals of joy from the kids. Butch watches stoically from afar.

About ten minutes later, Wisdom calls them all through to the dining room as they sit down to dinner. They all begin to eat.

“So, Sean,” Wisdom starts, breaking the silence. “Tell us about your adventures in the wild world of independent wrestling!”

“It’s been….great, thanks Aunt Wisdom. Obviously WCW kept me busy, it was very um…different, let’s put it that way.”

“And you won the World belt in WCW, right?” Evina asks, in awe.

Sean beams.

“You bet, I did, Eevee! 

“What did you do?!” David asks. “How do you win it?”

“Well, I picked up my opponent and hit her with one of my finishing moves!”

David and Evina exchange impressed glances, wide-eyed and filled with admiration for their wrestling champion cousin.

“And Michelle said you just got back from Manhattan this morning? Were you wrestling there?” Wisdom asks.

“Not exactly. I was on a show for XWF Madness. I’m making my in-ring debut soon but I made my first appearance there. I’m really, really excited about this place.”

Butch’s attention peaks for the first time in the conversation.

“XWF?” He asks. “Xtreme Wrestling Federation?”

“Um, yeah, is that a problem?”

“Sebastian Duke’s old stomping ground. Be careful. That man is nothing but trouble.”

“He’s dead anyway. It’s his son that manages the brand I’m going to be wrestling on.”

“Oh yeah, wee Thad? How’s he getting on?”

“Not so wee anymore. I’ve only known him for a week but he seems like a good guy. Good eye for the business. I’m excited for what he’s got in store for this brand on XWF, he’s got a clear vision for me which is always nice.

Michelle kicks Sean’s shin under the table at his backhanded comment. Butch isn’t ignorant to it and he catches Wisdom’s eye whose stare practically bores into his skull.”

“Well, as long as you know what you’re doing. You always had that spark, that unique edge.”

“Thanks, Uncle Butch. I'll forever be grateful for the opportunities HWA gave me. But I couldn’t be held down anymore. There’s no way I could’ve achieved what I’ve done so far if I’d stuck around.”

“Sean, you would’ve gotten your chance,” Butch suddenly says. “Not everyone gets to be handed things.”

“I didn’t ask to be handed anything, Butch,” Sean retorts. “If you’d just given me some creative freedom to be myself and show you what I’m capable of, you’d have seen I didn’t need to be handed anything, I would’ve shown I deserved it. Things aren’t the same as they when you were my age, Butch! The young guys don’t do the bag-carrying or coffee runs! When you ride in the Kentucky Derby, you don’t leave your prized stallion in the stable, Butch!”

“You’re seriously not quoting Star Trek to me…”

“My point stands! I could’ve done great things for you in HWA but you chose the bureaucratic route. You chose the cheap way out. And now I’m showing the world exactly what I’m capable of!”

The room falls silent as the weight of their conversation hangs in the air. Sensing the tension, Wisdom intervenes gracefully, trying to steer the dialogue towards a more peaceful direction.

“Let's remember that we're here as a family, supporting and loving each other, no matter the differences.”

Michelle nods in agreement.

“Yes, tonight is about cherishing our bond and memories together.”

Butch gazes at Sean, a mix of emotions playing on his face. He takes a moment to collect his thoughts, realizing that Sean's decision to leave HWA came from a place of ambition and growth.

“Sean, I might not fully understand your choices, but I respect your journey. You're my nephew, and I'll always be proud of you, no matter where you go.”

There’s another wave of silence. Sean doesn’t respond. Michelle nudges him again under the table, inclining her head in a gesturing fashion. He takes a deep breath but simply says:

“Thanks.”

As dinner continues, the atmosphere gradually lightens. Wisdom and Michelle initiate conversations about past family vacations, cherished memories, and even some playful teasing that brings laughter to the table. Sean banters with his younger cousins, creating a beautiful sense of camaraderie. As the night winds down, Sean says his goodbyes, hugging each family member tightly.

“We're always here for you, Sean. Remember that.”

Sean smiles.

“I know, Aunt Wisdom. I won't forget.”

Sean leaves with Michelle, feeling a semblance of a sense of acceptance and love from his family but still not fully convinced of his uncle’s genuine feelings about his career choices. He looks forward to what his career is going to bring him, especially as he ponders on the possibilities that await him in XWF. He looks down at the WCW World Championship belt in his hand as he places it respectfully back in the duffel he brought.

“Maybe it’s time we got you some friends to keep you company.” 

Sean smirks as he and Michelle climb into their car as the scene fades to black.

XWF Record
Wins -
Losses - 3
Draws - 1

Achievements
1x XWF Anarchy Champion (current)
Roleplay of the Month - December 2023
Superstar of the Month - February 2024
Madness Brand MVP - 2023

Non-XWF Achievements
1x WCW World Champion
1x Zion Endurance Champion