Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-06-2024, 01:36 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Soft Deadline Back to the Hunt IV: Den of Lions.
Prince Adeyemi Offline
The Heir Apparent
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

07-07-2023, 08:20 PM

“Empires inevitably fall, and when they do, history judges them for the legacies they leave behind.”

Noah Feldman

Isaiah makes his way back to his new Yakuza comrades, leashed lion in hand and Ezekiel bounding about nervously behind him.

They were on a tight clock, and have been since their childhood bestfriend and current… (Enemy?) Jeremiah had kidnapped their other childhood friend and Isaiah’s current girlfriend Chaeryoung just to screw with them. The little dipshit had sent them on a wild goose chase, one which took them through Japan, fighting alongside and against Wargames teammates, and led them to wrangle a sub-Saharan predator set loose in the middle of Tokyo.

Safe to say - it’d been a shitshow.

But hopefully, this shitshow was about to be cleaned up for good - with the lion in hand their “worthiness” should be proven, the Yakuza should trust them and Jeremiah would get what he wants. Isaiah hated taking orders from a punk on a screen, but he had to play it cool until he found a way to locate the coward - his girlfriends life literally hung in the balance.

“Contact Tojo, tell him his problem is solved - and we’d like our friend back.”

The Kingslayer’s tone rang of impatience, but also an air of superiority. I mean, he is literally walking around with a leashed lion here. A generic henchman gingerly walks towards Isaiah to reach out for the Lion’s leash as Isaiah pulls it back away from him.

“Tut tut, Tojo first, then my friend’s safe return - then you get your lion and we can take business.”

The henchman sighs in relief, coward.

Isaiah rolls his eyes at the reaction, running his free hand along the back of the big cat, eliciting a soothing purr. It brought such warmth to his heart that for a second he considered finding a way to keep the cat, pull a Duke Junior. Naaah, cliché and more work than anything… Unless….

A high-pitched laugh interrupts his musings, followed quickly by some excited claps.

“Oooh, you gaijins are CRAAAZZZYYY! Capture a lion? IN TOKYO? I thought you two would come back dead for suuuuure. Empire doesn’t play games either huh?”

Empire was a Harlem gang that Isaiah had fought against in his youth, but has now been taken over by Jeremiah - it was to establish relationships between Harlem’s Empire and Tojo’s Yakuza family that Isaiah was even here.

“I don’t play games - at least not while you’ve got my friend hostage. How about you hand her over and then we go play some Street Fighter or something later.”  

“I’m more of a Mass Effect, space wars kinda guy, single-player - no competition.”

Isaiah holds back a vicious eye-roll.

“My friend, please.”

“Hm, it’s good to know Mr Kingpin gets things done… Even if it’s through unconventional methods.

Isaiah holds back a venomous rebuttal.

Holding someone’s lover hostage to get them to do your dirty work was hardly unconventional - clichè movie villainry, massive dickery.

“I did what I had to do, now do yours before this lion needs to eat.”

Tojo looks him right in the eye and lets a few beats pass.

His face cracks back into a smile before he lifts up his phone and hits send on a text.

“I imagine I’ll be seeing a lot more of you Mr King - A deal is a deal.”

”What a matchup huh? Who would’ve thunk!

When I was off screwing with you, to screw with Ned, I’d have neeeevveeeeer guessed I’d get to beat your ass just the next week Bobby - really.

But maybe it’ll teach you to keep my name outta your dirty mouth.

But someone up there seems to like a lil poetic justice and if they had any sense about it they’d have put Ned and I in a tag-team match against you and your newfound enlarged phallus-ed friend!

At least that’d give you a way out from getting pinned again.

Perhaps for another day, another show.

How ARE you handling being on the losing end of things all of a sudden? I mean, you’re by no means a washed up hasbeen like some of your other stable comrades, you’re still BOBBY BOURBON. King from a year ago, record-holding ex-Universal Champion, Wargame’s Warmachine.

You’re a rootin’ tootin’ America lovin’ MONSTER.

But recently the records been a lil unfortunate hasn’t it? Bustin a little too early, overestimating your stamina, not quite making it to the end, flopping to a crashing defeat…

And in comes your new big-shlonged boyfriend. Like a timely blue-pill to spice up a depressing night, he comes in to re-establish Bobby Bourbon as a force to be reckoned with.

For all the tough shit you talked to Ned Kaye, getting a Big Buddy to beat your opponents up is kinda off-brand don’tcha think?

When the going gets tough, the Bobby gets going or recruiting it seems.

What is this, CCPE 2.0? Ya’ll even got cute little merch.

I thought you were all turning a new leaf, trying to be better. Didn’t ya’ll decide to be good kids over some waffles or something, or was it shawarmas? We know you love your Marvel movie references.

But no, Bobby felt his iron-grip on dominance slipping, his “Savior of the XWF” card being slowly taken away and decided - screw it, I gotta change things up.

We love some change Bobby we really do, but at least have it fall in line with what you just said a few minutes ago. Consistent, genuine change. None of that insincere shit. You’re better than that Bourbs.

Can I call you Bourbs?

Oh how the mighty are… Falling.”

A long, black limo turns around the corner and glides to a halt before the three characters, Isaiah, Ezekiel and Tojo. A prestinely dressed chauffeur exits the drivers side and opens the back door, helping an unharmed Chaeryoung out of the vehicle.

Isaiah inhales deeply and holds a yelp in.

Ezekiel doesn’t bother with as much, moving so quickly towards her that it startles the lion slightly and elicits a growl.

As he grabs Chaeryoung in a large bear hug

Ke-chk!

Isaiah flinches, remembering the bomb Chae had been strapped to.

The chaffeur opens the far door. Safe.

An imposing, aged Japanese man steps out. He's dressed in a formal, but modern looking kimono, on its back is emblazoned a crest of some sort.

Isaiah takes it all in before he notices that all the Yakuza hanging around, Tojo included have dropped into a low bow, arms to their sides.

The Kingslayer quirks an eyebrow.

"Oyabun! I didn't think-"

The man waves a hand casually, shutting the loud mouthed Tojo for good. He looks somewhere in his late sixties, but Isaiah wasn't great with getting the ages of these Japanese men down. He walked with purpose, bowing his head slightly to Chae before standing before Isaiah. Tojo lifts his head from his bow, and the rest of the Yakuza follow.

”Mr King, thank you for solving our little cat problem.”

He had a strong Japanese accent, but with a hint of something… Colonial.

”You lot didn’t give me much of a choice.”

Isaiah gestures to Chae with his free hand, the other still holding the lion’s leash. The lion had settled into a regal sitting position next to him.

”Yes, a messy affair that was… Being delivered so gentle a woman to be… Held.”

The old man was measured with every word but failed - no - chose not to hide his disdain.

”I expect she was treated with respect… Mr…”

Tojo inhales to introduce the clearly revered man, but he is once again stopped with a quick gesture.

”Forgive my grandson, he is eager as always. I’m not so old that I can’t introduce myself, how rude of me not to earlier. I am Tojo Sautoro - Head of the Tojo Family and your benevolent host. I’ll forgive your insinuation of my lack of honor this time.”

The man bows his head ever so lightly, even as a mischievous smirk pulls at his lips.

”Pleasure - I’m assuming I need to get your assurance that you and Jeremiah can begin business negotiations? Tokyo is beautiful and all, but I have a deep craving for a New York slice right now.”

Sautoro chuckles, saying something rapidly in Japanese. The chauffeur gestures to the open door.

“Allow me to help you meet those cravings while we talk business-”

”With all due respect, I’d rather head back home - you can grab dinner with Jeremiah.”

Tojo winces at the interruption, his hand twitching to crack Isaiah with a backhand.

“While we talk business… Perhaps about how we can both deal with our Kingpin problem.”

Isaiah’s face betrays his surprise, he tilts his head to the side but readies himself for any surprises.

“That doesn’t sound too… Honourable.”

“Neither is kidnapping an enemy's loved one, that’s cowardice. That being said, your insinuations about my honor could cost you your head, Kingslayer.”

“You know a good pizza place then?”

It was Isaiah’s turn to smirk, walking past the man towards the open limo door. As he walks past Chae, he whispers something in her ear, kissing her on the cheek.

“Mr Omega, we meet again.

I do love a good reunion - particularly as the both of us have gone on to grow and develop through some matches.

Me, by quite impressively defeating our then Universal Champion, obliterating him so badly that he couldn’t stand against Corey and Dolly… And you…

In tag matches I guess.

What, did kicking your ass turn you off from singles competition? Figured someone stable and helpful watching your back was exactly what you needed after I had my way with you?

I’m glad it’s turned out reasonably well? I quite liked teaming up with maniacs for War Games too, remember - that wonderful thing where… You know…

I pinned you?

I mean, I didn’t make it far after that - but I did get to do something for my team at least. Team fighting was nice and all, but I’m not sure I’ve quite figured it out yet.

I’m glad you kinda have? Coming off a fresh win and everything.

It’s great really! I hope you and your band of misfits conquer the tag division - ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP!

Rocketing through to success.

In your lane.

You know - where you can conveniently halve the responsibility of losing. It’s a great division - if you know what to do, but it takes quite a different skillset doesn’t it?

The tags take trust whereas this rodeo you’ve gotten yourself into takes self-confidence.

A triple threat now - the briefcase match later - that takes bravery.

It takes a lone ruthlessness… That I’m not sure you have.

You and Bourbon have gone off to find yourself eyes in the back of your head while I’ve evolved and adapted to earn them.

I’ve gone on the hunt - screwing with Ned Kaye - crushing Kido.

I chase MY demons.

While you two get others to deal with them.

At Leap of Faith, hell, this Saturday - neither of will have you buddies to help you. It’ll just be us three, and right now - I’m obviously the only one who has the balls to take that leap of faith on his own.

Standing on my own shoulders.

Not cowering in cowardice.

I am Isaiah King.

I am the Kingslayer.

And you two cowards are just in my way.

Maybe scram?"

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Prince Adeyemi's post:
Ned Kaye (07-12-2023), Peter Principle (07-15-2023)