Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 05:44 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what are the rules?
JohnMWhite Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

(usually booed; often plays dirty)

01-22-2013, 01:28 PM

I've been here for a while and thrown up a couple of RPs but with my first card due tomorrow, I'm still not really sure how things work around here. I saw in the thread for Warfare that my match has already been written - how does that work? I'm guessing my performance can't have been taken into account for the match because I hadn't RPd for it yet. Who decides the winners and how are they decided? How do you up your chances of winning? What are you allowed and not allowed to do in your posts? What are these new Rated rules going to be like? Do we ever get to actually combat one another in our own posts? There doesn't seem to be any thread around here that covers this sort of info for newcomers.
Edit
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-22-2013, 01:44 PM

(01-22-2013, 01:28 PM)JohnMWhite Said: I've been here for a while and thrown up a couple of RPs but with my first card due tomorrow, I'm still not really sure how things work around here. I saw in the thread for Warfare that my match has already been written - how does that work? I'm guessing my performance can't have been taken into account for the match because I hadn't RPd for it yet. Who decides the winners and how are they decided? How do you up your chances of winning? What are you allowed and not allowed to do in your posts? What are these new Rated rules going to be like? Do we ever get to actually combat one another in our own posts? There doesn't seem to be any thread around here that covers this sort of info for newcomers.

Match Written--

There will be a page the lays out more of these rules in the future that we are working on.

Sometimes in order to keep results moving quickly we write matches before the role play deadline with either two endings or an opening so that I can add the winner at the end. If the match is a hard fought one throughout the week the match will be longer, performance is taken into effect as I can adjust the matches accordingly and add what needs to go in certain places before I post the results. But the primary BASE of the match is written in order to get results up on time.

Who decides the Winners and how--

For Warfare I am the primary judge along with Tyrone. We discuss winners and I make a final decision and add them to the matches, but if a match is close I will call on other management or 'guest judges' for more opinions. Some day you may be asked to guest judge someone else match.

Winners are decided by the overall quality of writing and entertainment value of all the pieces written against the opponent. This means, that even if you wrote two rp's and your opponent wrote four with more words, it doesn't matter as long as the quality of writing and entertainment value is high you will still win. Whoever writes the most entertaining piece sin the eyes of the judges over the course of a week will win the match. Length and amount of role plays written has no factor in deciding winners and you will find that this rule WILL be in effect for XWF. Many feds say they stress quality over quantity but they do not. I have been in XWF for almost seven months and been efedding for almost 10 years. I can say with certainty that XWF is the best quality based fed I have ever been a part of. When we say quality we actually mean it.

What are you allowed to do with posts?

The rules for role playing are 2 rp's a day is the maximum amount you are allowed on the Wednesday/Saturday show. You are allowed to have them be as long as you want, but keep this in mind.

If your story drags then it will hurt your overall score. Generally a lot of people try to stay within the 2000 - 3000 word range. But I have seen rp's up in the 5000 word range that have scored very, very well.

"Rated" rules... Check out this link and if you have any further questions or want to know if a certain situations would be 'allowed' feel free to PM me.

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=435

Combating each others posts...

Theoretically yes, people will be posting back and forth more as these titles become available and people feel the urge to role play more. We are still trying to 'transfer' from our other boards so recently there hasn't been as much 'back and forth' role playing going down. But it will increase to a point where you will be trading blows. In fact, we had a match where both opponents wrote 14 role plays each. Two ever day where they were going back and forth at each other every day throughout the week. Some day will get back there, adding the titles into the mix will help... lol

We do have an anti-sandbagging policy as well. If your opponent posts all his work at the last second you can petition to a GM for an extension past the deadline to write an rp in response to what your opponent posted as his 'last second' work. We encourage back and forth posts in XWF, because we believe it is an essential 'fun factor' in this game.

There will be a page discussing these rules when Shane gets a chance to get around to it.

If you have any further questions respond in the thread below or PM me.
Sid Feder Offline
Saving myself for you

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-22-2013, 01:46 PM

We are on new boards so I think they're still working on moving things over such as rules threads and other info.

Match writing here is done in advance sometimes with alternate endings. The best RPer wins no matter what. This is one of the few feds I've ever seen that actually lives up to the 'quality' rule for who should win a match.

Wallace W. or somebody will have to clarify the rated rules.

What do you mean by combat each other in own posts? Back and forth physical attacks? The closest we have is that 24/7 Insanity board where people join in a thread to continue an ongoing story. Go jump in. =D

*drops bitch* What happened--? ? *walks away*

SiD    Fede
Sid Feder Offline
Saving myself for you

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-22-2013, 01:47 PM

Looks like W.W. beat me to it. LOL

*drops bitch* What happened--? ? *walks away*

SiD    Fede
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-22-2013, 02:09 PM

I may sticky this post to use or type up some additional rules tonight for a 'temporary' rules for the newcomers until everything is moved from the previous board. Madison, type some stuff up if I'm forgetting anything?? lol