Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-07-2024, 06:20 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Willingness to succeed
Jacki O'Lantern Offline
Frightfully Delightful

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-09-2023, 01:50 AM

It is rare we ever come across Jacki O'Lantern doing outside media appearances, but surprisingly enough she got asked to be a guest on a radio station in the El Paso area, and so she agreed, so there she stood leaning in front of the hood of her hair outside the station. Her cats joined her to help cure her nervousness. She looked toward every one of them and spoke.

Jacki O'Lantern: This is a great chance at trying out something new, but my buds, I am nervous. How do I act? What should I say? What if they don't like my face paint?

She says nervously while running a hand through her hair as she crosses her arms and looks around at her surroundings.

Jacki O'Lantern: I might be overthinking this, for all we know this could be fun and I might make some friends along the way. Would you agree?

Her cats meow in response, and start rolling around on the grass. Jacki laughs and watches them before making her way over to the front of the building. When she found her way inside she was nicely greeted immediately by all three radio personalities, then took a seat and placed the headphones on, feeling the tension slowly start to drift away while allowing them to speak first.

Eddie: Welcome back to Rock Haven Radio where we bring you the best rock music from the 80s, 90s and today, but we here on the show are all about diversity. That being said, let me ask you all this, how many of you are wrestling fans?

Ash: I'm a huge wrestling fan. My old man and I could watch it on the TV for hours and argue who would win a match with him. It's comedic yet entertaining.

They all share a laugh.

Caine: I don't know a fucking thing about it, but hey, maybe our guest here can help educate me. She calls herself the Queen of Trickery, but y'all might know her better as Jacki O'Lantern! Welcome to the studio, Jacki. How are you doing today?

Jacki smiles and leans forward into the mic.

Jacki O'Lantern: Hey man, I'm doing pretty good. Not going to lie, though, I was pretty nervous before coming here. It's not often I do these kinds of things, but hey it's a new year, so why not give something new a try.

Eddie: We are glad you could make it. Looking at you right now, you are wearing the face paint which we love by the way. Do you have someone do it for you, or do you do it on your own? How long does it take to apply?

Jacki laughs and runs a hand through her hair before answering.

Jacki O'Lantern: I do my own face paint, actually. I feel more comfortable that way, I guess. It usually takes me about thirty minutes, so not long at all. I feel like years ago you wouldn't see a lot of female wrestlers wear the face paint out to the ring, and now it's a very popular thing. You see it a lot more, which is pretty awesome.

Ash: I agree. It's good to see that you aren't afraid to be more creative. Since we are on the topic, what got you into wrestling, and what made you want to pursue it?

Jacki O'Lantern: It's a funny story actually, but before getting into wrestling I did acting for a bit. Nothing major, just small roles here and there and me along with another actor had a long conversation over our love for wrestling and acting, then he later went on to explain how he knew a wrestling trainer and suggested I should try it out. It took a lot of convincing, but I gave it a shot in the end, and would eventually learn my true passion is wrestling.

She grabs a bottle of water and has a sip before smiling and setting it down while her eyes look over them.

Caine: Is it true you prefer being involved in death matches, if so do you have any favorites that you've done?

Jacki O'Lantern: That's a tough question to answer. I love being a bit of an extremist. Favorite match hmm… I was involved in a trick or treat death match a couple of years back, so that ranks up there.

Eddie: That had to be brutal and right up your alley, but let's put wrestling aside for just a minute and talk about life outside the ring. Do you have any other things besides kicking the shit out of someone?

Jacki O'Lantern: I love skydiving, which is probably no surprise to anyone. It's scary at first, but once you try it a few times the fear goes away, at least from my experience. I just recently got into golfing, and I am taking a liking to it.

Ash: That last one is surprising, but you do, you boo. You got any upcoming matches you would like to talk about?

Jacki smiles and nods her head.

Jacki O'Lantern: This Saturday I'll be competing in triple threat action for the XWF right here in El Paso, where I'll be taking on Barney Green and Bobby Bourbon. Will I have any tricks up my sleeve for this one? The only way to find out is to catch the show.

Ash: Good luck to you, and thank you for being here. You were such a cool guest, probably the coolest one.

Jacki and Ash share a fist bump before they jump back into the music. She removes her headset and goes into more of a conversation with them as the scene cuts. 

After what happened at the Denzel Porter Invitational between Finn Kuhn and myself, your pumpkin girl has that lingering defeat to carry along with her. Believe it or not I'm not upset over that result, in fact I'm actually happy. Finn showed me a side to him that I've never seen before. A more extreme side rather. I applaud him for bringing everything to the damn table. Congratulations on the win, and thank you for exceeding my expectations.

In life whether you fail or succeed, you must move forward and see what challenges await us next. Mine just so happens to take place on the upcoming Warfare with two other opponents. One of them happens to be Bobby Bourbon. A guy who has found a lot of success within the XWF, has a sharp tongue and is not afraid to use it, because of that reason alone one might be imitated by such behavior and run scared.

Throughout my career, I've seen and dealt with people like that to the point where it has become customary and made me realize I needed to grow a thicker skin and continue standing up for myself and what is right.

You bud are not what is considered right. Make no mistake about it, you're talented in the ring, but the way you handle yourself is what is wrong with this business. That is one of the reasons why I can't wait to knock the respect into you and prove that I don't need to change who I am in order to get my point across.

That brings me to my next opponent, Barney Green. Barney, you and I are like in a sense that we leave it all on the line, even if it means we're laying in a puddle of our own blood afterward. I admire your dedication. However, my desire to win exceeds more than you could possibly imagine.

With my recent losses I suffered I could have easily hung up my boots, and never showed my face here again, but if I did that, then I'd be letting not only myself down, but the people who support me. That being said, I can't wait to use this match as a reminder that I can succeed if I put my whole heart and hard work into it. Warfare is my calling to make twice an impact an I'm there to answer it.

[Image: g9-Tkfz9-d.webp]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Jacki O'Lantern's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-09-2023), Theo Pryce (03-11-2023)