Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-07-2024, 03:10 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Heroes and Villains P1
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

03-03-2023, 10:55 PM

As the shot opens with what sounds like the beginning of an epic soundtrack, we find ourselves standing in what appears to be a set of natural hot springs. Stationed around the springs are several statues, each posed in a heroic or benevolent manner. The bubbling water is focused on for a minute, showing the heat below... and showing the figure's eyes as he slowly rises from the depths. The music ramps up, in triumphant fashion.

The armored warrior, clad in blue, strides out of the hot springs, raising before him a trident seemingly made of brilliant steel. He swings it back and forth for a moment, seemingly in perfect harmony, as befitting a truly heroic individual. He then turns and launches the trident to the side... straight into one of the statues, sending it crashing over onto its side before shattering. The warrior spins, firing the trident as if throwing a shotput, with the trident striking right below the neck, beheading the statue. As pieces of both begin to settle into the ground, the warrior reaches up and snatches off his helmet... revealing Peter Vaughn's wicked grin.

I can see why one would want to enter this way, Ray. It's pretty much an aphrodisiac for the soul, isn't it, portraying yourself as the mighty anime hero and showing yourself to be a glorious Lion of Saint Samantha, or Sebastian, or whoever the heck it is. I don't know, I'd never HEARD of the show before seeing you positively drool over it again and again.

Vaughn marches over to the side, picking up the severed head of the statue from the ground and staring at it.

Alas, poor what's-his-name, I knew him not at all, Horatio.

Smirking, Vaughn sticks his blue warrior helmet onto the detached head, before tossing it randomly behind him. We hear the plunk as it drops into the hot springs, quickly sinking from sight. In the meantime, Vaughn is already working to get the chest plate off, tearing the armor off of him.

Don't get me wrong, Ray-o-Sunshine. I get it. As far as dedicating your life to something, you could do far worse than choosing an anime. I've fought guys imitating superheroes, guys imitating monkeys, and guys imitating wrestlers. They all were much worse off than you are. There's nothing wrong with clinging to an ideal and wanting it to be true. To be real. So yeah, I get it, Raya. I get it. The problem is when you start believing in it TOO much.

With the chest plate now making its way down to the bottom of the hot springs, Vaughn concentrates on the lower half of the armor, shedding it piece by piece.

You see, when you start letting it overtake your life, it becomes a serious problem, kid, and not just in the way you might be thinking. You see, it also blinds you to the truths that are evident in life, like, say, that you can't fully trust that anyone out there is fully looking out for your best interest. They always have their own motivations, their own driving force, and their decisions may not be the best for your future, even if it improves their own positions.

Guys like Chris Page, who has done an incredible job for my career, but who is always going to look out for his own bottom line. And guys like Theo Pryce, who has made a living at using other people for, what, a decade now? I know the devil I've signed on with, Kid. The question is, are you willing to open your eyes and see what you're dealing with?

The rest of the gear is off, out of sight underneath the swirling water below. Vaughn breathes in deeply, enjoying the shedding of the heavy armor as he feels the night breeze on his now-released skin. Thankfully, he was at least wearing blue trunks and a tight blue scuba shirt underneath. Much better than the alternative, which Kido probably would have been willing to do.

It can be hard, I know, to remove those rose-colored glasses you've looked through over the past year, Ray, but I want to help you with it. I want you to see that trying to be such a fantastic uber-fan favorite who "shines like a beacon in the eastern night sky" doesn't quite work when you're allying yourself with the Legion of Doom boys over there. I mean, Jason Cashe? C'mon, you've seen what he's capable of... and pretty much all the rest of him, as he loves to show himself naked, doesn't he?

Thad Duke? That guy would sell out his own wife in order to win a match, an argument, a parking space, pretty much all of the above. Buster Gloves? Him, I think I've helped a little into the darkness, as he's willing to win anyway possible now after losing to CCPE so many times. And, of course, Theo, who's quickly working to make sure everyone in the Saga lasts as long as possible in the tournament, because it puts more money in his pocket. None of these guys scream "honorable" to me. Not like you, Rayban. Not like you.

Vaughn takes a seat on the side, putting his feet into the hot springs as he looks up towards the camera, shaking his head. He takes a deep breath before continuing, keeping himself calm.

You and I, Kid, we truly do have a lot alike, even if you don't want to see it that way. We both took the XWF by storm when we entered into the federation, skyrocketing to the top. We both were handed quick opportunities by Theo, and we both capitalized on them, even if the respect wasn't there with our victories. And I can hear you now, Rayo, you're yelling that "I beat ALIAS! You can't take that away from me!"

Just watch me, Lie-on.

You surely know all about how Jim Caedus was weakened when I faced him. He was falling apart. He was about done. That's why few want to give me the credit I deserve for crushing him and ending his XWF career for good. But what about you? ALIAS? He was crumbling by the time that match came around. He was so weak that he agreed to a Fatal Fourway against his best interests, getting suckered into it by Theo. And then you took advantage, didn't you? Just like anyone else would. You waited until Charlie and Dolly got their licks in, with ALIAS basically on his last legs, before you took him down and got the victory, becoming Universal Champion. And ALIAS? His XWF career has ended just like Caedus.

Whether you acknowledge it or not, Kiddy, we took a very similar path to the gold.

Settling back, Vaughn reaches to the side, picking up a strange piece of fruit. It's one of those varieties that you only ever see in anime, and yet it's been 'brought to the real world' for one night. He takes a bite, the consistency sounding similar to a pear or apple in the crunch. But it doesn't appear to satisfy, as Vaughn tosses it away.

The difference between us next, Spangler, is that you had Theo looking out for you even then. He threw you some soft fights, trying to help you survive as the champion, while for me, he immediately brought a rejuvenated ALIAS back to face me, giving him, from what I've heard, a tremendous pay raise out of his fear of me. I didn't have Papa Theo watching my back then, sad to say. I didn't even have Page. But you got blessed... until Theo couldn't protect you anymore.

Until Mark Flynn got his opportunity and tore you to shreds... making it clear that you were never the top champion that everyone thought you were. I mean, hey, it stings, doesn't it? It must have stunned you pretty badly, as ever since then, you haven't once pushed for another title opportunity. You could have done like me and won the Supercontinental Title, or gone for the Television Title, and let's face it, you obviously would have been a favorite. But you couldn't do it. Your loss slashed your confidence too badly, and you let it get to you...

Until this tournament.

With that, Vaughn gets up and steps to the side, where, surprisingly, there is a bulletin board set up near the hot springs. It's a jarring difference, which is probably exactly what Vaughn wanted. On the board, we can see the current tournament standings.

I'm glad you've become motivated again for something better, Rayzee. I was hoping you'd trash Lachlan and Mastermind, and so you have. Hell, I don't even think you've needed Theo's help, although it's always hard to tell what he's told the referees. Yeah, you're inspired again, young Lion, there's no doubt. The problem is, I am too. I hope you paid attention as I crushed Calypso's clitoris and grinded Goth into the ground.

And now, I'm so looking forward to sending a hero crashing down from the sky, back to mortal soil.

I'll take nothing away from your skill, Raybeam. It's there, and it's only going to get stronger as the years go by, if your battles at the DPI are any indication. Your naivete, though, could very well be your undoing. It just depends on if it'll be me showing it to you, or your new 'pal', Thaddeus.

Vaughn taps the bottom brackets, where Thad Duke's name is prominently displayed. He then looks back, as if anticipating a stupid objection.

And before you say anything, yeah, I know about Noah Jackson, and there's no way in HELL that Theo lets his new golden boy fall to such a goofball. Nah, he'll rig it for Thad, just as he'll probably try to rig it for you, over your own objections. I'm hoping you won't stand for it, being such a damn good guy, but I fully expect Theo to try, because there's no way he wants me in the Final Four. But then, it doesn't really matter what he wants, does it?

With that, Vaughn casually pushes the bulletin board straight into the hot springs, causing it to turn flat and float on the surface for a few seconds before finally sinking below into the bubbling broth. Vaughn watches it go, before turning and walking to the side, talking as he goes.

Let's face it, Kid. The rest of the tournament doesn't matter. This is the finals right here and now, for you and me. This is the match that everyone will be talking about on Sunday, knowing that the winner is probably going all the way. Hell, most of the 'faithful' out there have already crowned you the winner, naming you as the hero who deserves it most, the one they all look up to as a faultless fan favorite.

But every hero needs a good villain, Ray, and I'm fully capable of taking over that role.

With one swing of his foot, Vaughn quickly brings back up the trident that had been laying on the ground near the hot springs. He spins it around once again, showing how effortlessly he can control it. It must be because of all those years working the mops, one of those "Miyagi-Do" tricks of the trade. After one final twist, Vaughn holds the trident over his head... before bringing it down, breaking it across his knee. Apparently it wasn't steel after all, but another fabrication.

It's time for the White Knight to take a Black Plunge. I'll see you soon, Ray. I'll see you really soon.

Vaughn starts laughing, which is creepy in itself as he's never been someone to show off much emotion. Really, there's little joy heard in the laughter, as Vaughn walks away from the destruction he's dealt to the hot springs, leaving it for someone else to clean up. We slowly fade out.

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Peter Vaughn's post:
The Blue Tango (03-04-2023), Theo Pryce (03-04-2023)