Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 09:41 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 2 RP Boards 2022
Possibilities
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

09-23-2022, 08:58 PM

ooc: Formatting later

September 19th, 2022

The car puttered and whined as Ned accelerated, surrounded by a vast, open sea of grain and hill, swaying softly in the cooling breeze that brought Summer towards Autumn. It was a cheap sedan, the AC barely working, but it did the one thing it needed to do: drive. Kaye took in a deep breath as the wind rushed past his open windows. The last thing he had spoken about with Darce rang through his head, reverberating endlessly as he approached the outskirts where he planned to start heading towards his destination. His hands trembled slightly at the thought, but he had been thinking through it all for a long time and he understood that something had to crack. In short:

He had lugged around so much baggage and history from every little escapade and it had all became too much. Something had to give. Something was going to.

He pulled over to the shoulder, feeling the car vibrate underneath him as it passed over the small speed bump and slowed to a halt, an intersection in view just up ahead. It wasn't lost on him how undesirable this situation was, but he knew he had to buckle down and accept it. He had kicked the can down the road and delayed the inevitable for as long as he could. He was never good at surrendering, to circumstances or anything else. But this was long past the opportunity to decide. He stepped out of the car, his eyes still fixated on the intersection and walked over to one of the stalks of grain, his fingertips dancing against the rough texture as he thought about what was to come next. Which path to choose.

Which tie to sever? What could happen with each?

“Working class sensibilities are something I can get behind. Don't get me wrong, I know for me, it's a little... awkward, to say the least. There's a solidarity in a blue collar and I wouldn't have been able to pursue my dreams of wrestling without putting in the work myself and the support of my father, who spent way too much of his life lifting one thing or another to line the pockets of some billionaire. Your janitor stuff, Vaughn? It might be one of the few aspects about you I actively respect. But like a tattoo of a swear word, it always seems to come with an asterisk.”

“See, you couldn't admire the hustle and bustle of the working man and find a power in that. You couldn't embody the grit and power that comes with doing all the work because you never did it because it was the right thing or out of pride for a job well done. God knows unless you can a Peter Vaughn scented candle, you were never going to be happen. You didn't respect those doing the work with you, you admired the ones cracking the whip. When offered the chance to lift the boot off yourself and do something with a tiny bit of empathy, you just aspired to be a fancy new fuckin' boot. Do you really think that pyramid scheme shit wasn't going to stain your hands, too, or did you just figure not handling the bulk of the money or power would let you weasel your way out of culpability? What happened to you, Peter? Was it just greed that lured you into this lifestyle? Was it's Chris' flawless ability to play up your ego and accommodate you like a Tom Cruise to his David Miscavige? I'm not inquiring facetiously here, I really want to know. Because the sad fact of the matter is with a little self-respect, you could be more like me, Pete.”

“Now, before you chuckle your little dimwitted head off, I'll stop you right now. Because I'm sure you're wondering, “why would I like to be Ned Kaye?” Well, to start off, you'd be a hell of a lot more respected. Think about it, Peter, I can be in a career lull for months and people will always come to watch me perform and they do it because despite you having the edge in championships to me, I happen to be a hell of a lot more liked by my contemporaries. Am I perfect? Absolutely fucking not, but when I fail, I admit it and I wipe the dirt from my hands, the tears from my eyes, and the blood from my brow and I start swinging again. You clean messes for a living and yet you've failed to realize that the biggest heap of trash is the one you voluntarily hopped right into. See, that's the other difference between us. You weren't chosen for your character, you were chosen because you follow orders. You go ask Theo if he says jump and if I leave the ground and you'll find out real quick that there's no dollar amount on my loyalty. I choose my path, Peter, and I had the decency to forge it out for myself instead of tossing it up to some glorified accountant, MLM leader, attempted murderer scam artist.”

“But the debts of your little Enterprise in every sense of the term are about to come due, like all debts are oft to do. Years ago now, Chris Page beat me to get at Robert Main, a man he despises so much, he tried to take his legacy, his trust, and his life on countless occasions. Do you know how hard I tried to petition for that match? To find a time and place to face him again and beat the man who tried to kill my friend? I don't because I lost count, Peter. And now he is gone. And his legacy is you: an emblem of the worst of his behavior. Of the way he views professional wrestling, a side-gig to the most expensive kind of masturbation imaginable. That was my match to have, Peter. My chance to show him that his way doesn't work. And even though I am vindicated slightly by time itself, I was not given my chance to make that statement for now and forever doing what I do best: wrestling.”

“Until now. Until you.”

“You act like you get me or that you understand what makes me tic, but the truth is Vaughn, you wouldn't know what to use to clean my floor despite all your experience in doing so. I'm here to prove a goddamn point. I'm here to get that belt not to feel good, but to remind the world that I belong. That The Trilogy is three chapters, all of them draped in gold. But mostly, it's because I don't like you. I don't like what you stand for. I don't like the way you talk or think and I am more than done with you having a single shred of influence in this company. It has outgrown you and I'm just here to get it re-tailored. You can have your legacy birthed from infamy and wear it like shame around your neck for the rest of your godforsaken career. But I'm not here to infamous.”

“You know goddamn well what I'm here to be.”

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
59 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
61 | 39 | 4
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Ned Kaye's post:
Dick Powers (09-27-2022), Raion Kido (09-24-2022), Theo Pryce (09-24-2022)