Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:45 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 2 RP Boards 2022
Connections Through Time, P1
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

09-16-2022, 08:40 PM

The Road So Far:

A Secret War Is Brewing, P1

A Secret War Is Brewing, P2

A Secret War Is Brewing, P3

Civil (Servants) War, P1

Civil (Servants) War, P2

Civil (Servants) War, P3

[Image: executive-summary.jpg]

Peter Vaughn recently found himself in the midst of a war. It was not a pleasant experience.

As Vaughn has grown into the role as the new Head Custodian of the Custodial Coalition, he's learned about conflicts with other groups around the world. One of these organizations, the Maintenance Mafia, was nearly wiped out thanks to Vaughn's deceit as a triple agent. But to Vaughn's surprise, the Mafia returned last month, almost destroying the Coalition's headquarters in a full-on assault of mercenaries and mechanics.

Vaughn was able to fight off the incursion with the help of many unique gadgets, but the leader of the Maintenance Mafia, Bernardo, was able to make his escape through one of the Coalition's Emergency Escape Elevators. This should not have been possible, leading Vaughn to wonder if there might be an inside man in the mix who helped arrange the attack on HQ. He does not know how right he is, as his top associate in their organization, Bill Sykes, has betrayed the Coalition. His reasons for doing so remain somewhat shrouded in mystery.

But Sykes knows that, eventually the truth will be discovered. The only question is when?

2008 - The Past

~The picture comes up on a long hallway, stretching out before us. The floors and walls are drab, showing it's not the ritziest place in the world. But the sunlight coming through the windows adds a bit of life to the hall. Ahead of us, slowly turning the corner, we can see a young man rotating around from another area. He seems to be enjoying himself, bouncing around as he pushes the floor buffer ahead of him. It's not from the use of the admittedly-enjoyable equipment, though. It's more due to the headphones he's got around his head, as made evident by his weak singing voice echoing down the hall.~

Peter Vaughn: "Now, I've got a confession. When I was young, I wanted attention. And I promised myself that I'd do anything, anything at all for them to notice me..."

~As the 16-year-old Peter Vaughn moves down the hallway, he's making sure to hit every spot, keeping the floor buffer perfectly straight. The shine behind him really stands out. His singing really does as well, just for all the wrong reasons.~

Peter Vaughn: "But I ain't complaining! We all wanna be famous! So go ahead and say what you wanna say! You don't know what its like to be nameless, want them to know what your name is, 'cause see when I was younger I would say..."

~Vaughn continues to bounce and move with the song, doing a quick spin before continuing to push the buffer. Behind him, we can see another man coming around the corner and walking towards him, his head already shaking at Vaughn's antics.~

Peter Vaughn: "When I grow up, I wanna be famous! I wanna be a star; I wanna be in movies! When I grow up, I wanna see the world, drive nice cars, I wanna have groupies..."

~The man grabs Vaughn by the shoulder, startling him and causing him to yank the headphones off. He looks back, scrambling to pause his music, as he looks at the imposing older figure behind him.~

Peter Vaughn: Dad!! Er... I thought you weren't back until after lunch?

~Peter Vaughn's father considers his son for a few seconds, before snorting to himself.~

Dad: Yes, well, lunch proved to be a bit smaller than I expected. Now what are you doing here, besides butchering a perfectly good song?

Peter Vaughn: I, er, well, I had a few extra minutes, and you had this bad boy just sitting there, so I thought...

Dad: You thought you'd just take it out for a spin without permission?

Peter Vaughn: Ummm... yeah... sort of... sorry, Dad...

Dad: You know, when other fathers have to deal with something like this, it's usually the car that's getting 'borrowed'.

Peter Vaughn: ... We don't own a car.

Dad: Fair enough, son. But seriously, why are you working today? Shouldn't you be at school? What's going on?

~Peter's dad had always had the ability to see right through his son. Not that it was hard to read young Peter Vaughn, as he was clearly hiding something. The young man sighs and nods to his father, before speaking again.~

Peter Vaughn: Look, don't be mad... but I decided I play hooky today.

Dad: What? Why??

Peter Vaughn: I kind of... overheard your boss talking. He said your evaluation was coming up soon. He made sure to mention that the floors looked awful. I knew where this beauty was, and, well...

Dad: So... you skipped school to help me?

~Vaughn slowly nods. His father can't fight off a proud smile, but he tempers it after a second with a clearing of his throat.~

Dad: Look, Peter, I appreciate what you're doing for me. Not many sons would do that for their fathers.

Peter Vaughn: I just want to help.

Dad: I know you do. You've been the best son I could ask for since your mother... well, since it's just been the two of us. But you can't ignore your schoolwork to come here and do work for free. Graduating high school has to be a top priority for you!

Peter Vaughn: But... should it be? I mean, c'mon, Dad, you know I don't stand a chance of going to a big college. So why does a high school diploma matter?

~Vaughn turns away, shrugging, but his father puts an arm on his shoulder to stop him from walking away.~

Dad: First off, don't sell your old dad short. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve regarding college. Second, son, you have the chance to make more of your life than I did mine. I want you to have that opportunity. You can do anything you put your mind to, you know that.

Peter Vaughn: I know you tell me that, Dad, but the other guys...

Dad: Who cares what those bullies think? You know you're worth ten times what they think they're worth, and that's a hell of a lot.

Peter Vaughn: ... Thanks, Dad. I'll... I'll keep trying...

Dad: That's all I ask. Oh, and that you stop singing random songs in the halls.

Peter Vaughn: You know they'd love me on American Idol.

Dad: Oh, please, God, never go on that show, hah hah hah!

~The two share a quick bonding moment, laughing over trivial matters. You can tell that they really share a connection between them.~

Dad: So what do you have this set to? It's doing a gorgeous shine back here...

Peter Vaughn: Yeah, I made a new floor wax concoction. It seems to be working really well.

~As the two continue to talk, the sound of footsteps can once again be heard. We see a person approaching the Vaughn's from behind, with Vaughn's dad noticing and turning around. He looks a little startled.~

Dad: I thought... we were meeting later?

Man: Sorry, sir, it couldn't be helped.

~Puzzled, Vaughn looks over at the man, who isn't that much older than Vaughn himself, maybe in his early twenties, if that. His father turns, noting Vaughn's interest.~

Dad: Oh, Peter, this is a young gentleman I've done some work with before, Bill Sykes. Bill, this is my son, Peter.

Bill Sykes: Oh, the famous Peter Vaughn! It's great to meet you at last. Your dad talks glowingly about you...

~Bill extends his hand, and Peter politely shakes it, with the two nodding to each other.~

You never really know what's going to happen the first time you meet someone.

The majority of the time, that first meeting is also the last meeting. You never see that person again, and that's perfectly fine. But sometimes, it's not that simple. Sometimes that first meeting is just the start of a new chapter in your life. Sometimes it becomes an unexpected whirlwind, with that person causing waves throughout your timeline, affecting you in ways you never expected.

And sometimes you punch someone in the dick, and they just can't let that go.

When we were having that tag-team match, Ned, you had a couple of partners that you could rely on. I had Bam, a tremendous brawler, and then... Elijah, an immense disappointment. When I became convinced that he was too big a liability to the team, I decided I’d take an alternate route. And yes, that involved delivering a low blow to you to end the match. Really, you should consider it a mark of honor. There are only so many who have been blessed with a shot to the testicles from yours truly. It's something you can tell your grandchildren...

Wait, did you have any children beforehand? Otherwise... this is a little awkward...

Anyhow, back on subject. You seemed to take my strike against you a little personally, Ned, remembering it even through War Games. You made your challenge to me, wanting this opportunity to finally earn another championship in the XWF. It's been a little while, hasn't it, Neddy? The withdrawal symptoms from a lack of gold in your life can be pretty harsh. Unfortunately, I'm afraid you won't be quenching that addiction anytime soon.

I do respect what you've done in the business, Neti Pot. I'm not going to sit here and go on about how inferior you are to me, how you don't deserve this title shot. At least, not yet. Currently, I'm thinking of you as one of the biggest tests of my XWF career. Not on an Alias or Mark Flynn level, you understand, but definitely a noteworthy competitor to go in there in the middle field with guys like Centurion and Barney Greene. I might even rate you ahead of Jim Caedus... maybe.

A victory over you is just what I need to get people to respect my Supercontinental Title reign, after being forced to defend multiple times against Calypso. I'm not going to let it go to waste, Nedward. I plan to take full advantage of this opportunity to crush another competitor and continue to build one of the greatest championship reigns in XWF history.

I hope you're prepared to give me the greatest challenge possible, Ned. Because I want to break you at your best.

2022 - The Present

~The picture comes back up on a shot of an apparent garage. We see a couple of gearheads working under a raised Camaro, doing some repair work. The camera moves beyond these workers, though, managing to slip past the wall to show a series of computers connected together. There are four people there, typing away, apparently inputting some data into the system. As they work, they hardly look at each other, intent only in completing the jobs that have been assigned to them. That might be due to the man walking behind them, carrying a semi-automatic machine gun. As the work continues, a red light suddenly begins flashing, as an alarm sounds. The guard immediately brings his weapon up.~

Guard: INTRUDERS! BEGIN DELETION PROTOCOL!!

~The startled computer programmers shift into uneasy action, trying to go through the steps to erase their hard drives. But an object comes crashing through their window, landing near one of them. The object immediately begins spewing off a green cloud, covering everyone in the room.~

Guard: That... that smells... miinnnntttyyy....

~The guard collapses, as does everyone else in the room. The camera shifts beyond the wall to outside, where we see the mechanics now positioned behind the lowered Camry, shooting some air drill guns towards their foes. A scream is heard as one of the air blasts lands. But another grenade soars in, this one landing behind the two men. They spin, prepared to run, but it goes off before they can get out of range, soaking both men in a thick layer of what appears to be soap.~

Men: YYAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

~The substance appears to clean extremely well... practically too well. The men fall over, now just skeletons, as the soapy substance ate away everything else. With the main line of defense fallen, you can hear shouts of submission, as nobody else wants to end up that way. They lay down their arms and fall to the floor, as Peter Vaughn and a group of Custodian Sentinels move in, armed and ready for any counterattack. They move to the wall, with Vaughn using another gadget to open a secret door, getting them into the computer lab. He sees the still-blinking computers and smiles.~

Peter Vaughn: It worked...

~Vaughn steps forward, kicking one of the bodies out of the way. There's a small groan, but Vaughn ignores it, intent only on having access to the network of one of his greatest enemies. He pulls out his radio.~

Peter Vaughn: Bill, get in here. We've got exactly what we need. The Maintenance Mafia Mainframe is ours.

~All around, guards are securing the prisoners for their journey back to Coalition territory, where they'll likely be interrogated. Vaughn isn't concerned with them. He's more interested in the men who started this war: his old 'pal', Bernardo, and the turncoat within his organization. After a few more moments, the doors bang open, and Bill Sykes makes his way in.~

Bill Sykes: Wow, you guys really made a mess of this place. I'm surprised the computers are still functioning.

Peter Vaughn: You're joking, right? This was about as subtle as I could be. Minimal fatalities, minimal property damage... I mean, it was kind of boring, come to think of it.

Bill Sykes: Well, we'll let you nuke the place from orbit next time.

Peter Vaughn: Wait, we have access to nukes? Why didn't anyone tell me??

~Bill sighs as he takes a seat at one of the computers, gaining access.~

Bill Sykes: No, Mr. Vaughn, there are no nukes... that you know of...

~Bill said the last part under his breath, but Vaughn still looks over, as if having heard it. He thinks it over, then shakes his head.~

Peter Vaughn: Look, Bill, just get into this computer's brains and find the information we need. I want to know troop movements, I want to know safehouse locations, and most importantly, I want to know any info regarding the saboteur in the Custodian Coalition's ranks!

Bill Sykes: So you just want the world, as usual...

Peter Vaughn: I'll take what I can get. You're the only guy I can trust, Bill. We have to find out who Bernardo's got his claws into. So please, see what you can find out.

~Bill nods wearily, as Vaughn moves off to the side. He starts talking to one of the prisoners, questioning him to see if he has any knowledge of Bernardo's whereabouts. As Vaughn does so, Bill pulls up a flash drive, plugging it into the side of the computer. It quickly connects, with Bill immediately running a program that searches for key words... and deletes those files. Bill hides the program behind an application, then starts looking into different files, trying to act like he's looking for the files his Head Custodian has asked for.~

Bill Sykes: This, uh, this could take a while. Anybody willing to go get some drive-through and bring it back? I'll pay.

~A custodian comes over, interested, and they begin to talk about what Bill might want, as the camera shot swings back over the wall... to a laptop that's currently up and running... we cut away.~

2042 - The Future

~The picture focuses on a high-tech screen, one unlike we've ever seen before in our time. It appears to be running algorithms, cracking through an intense security grid. The screen beeps, having been successful, and the screen is quickly folded into a pocket size and stored away by the man standing before us in a black mask. He walks over to the edge of a roof, looking around at the surrounding area. There appear to be fires in the distance, as well as the occasional scream or yell, showing that this isn't the nicest future before us. The man slowly raises up his mask, looking around with his face exposed.~

Peter Vaughn: What a world we live in...

~Vaughn has clearly continued to live his rough lifestyle over the last twenty years. His face is weathered, with a gray goatee covering his chin. He still appears to be in pretty damn good shape for a man of his age, though, as he quickly twirls a rope in front of him with little effort. The rope secures to the side of the rooftop via a magnetic set-up. He tosses the rest of the rope over the side, then quickly leaps off the edge, disappearing from sight. The camera moves forward, shining downwards to show Vaughn 'running' down the side of the building, using the rope as his guide.~

~He reaches the window he was looking for, stopping his momentum, and quickly pulls out another gadget. This one appears to be on par with a portable blowtorch, although it works much faster than anything we've got today, quickly removing the window as an obstacle. Vaughn then pushes off the wall and flies through the window, landing inside. He gets to his feet, staring around at all the 'antiques' that are hanging on the walls.~

Peter Vaughn: Heh. Sentimental old jackass...

~Vaughn starts to leave the room, but comes to a stop as he focuses on one particular poster that's been secured to the wall. It's a shot of Peter Vaughn and Ned Kaye facing off, with the Supercontinental Title between them. Vaughn smirks to himself, remembering that battle, before continuing out of the room. He walks down the hall, alert, as we can hear a news broadcast going on somewhere ahead of us.~

Broadcaster: And in other news, President Marjorie Taylor Greene has sworn that the recent explosive failure of the Benedict Oil Rig was the result of a conspiracy against her administration, rather than a failure of her legislative maneuvers. Opponents say that this is yet another sign that President Greene should never have been sworn in...

~Vaughn slowly opens the door to his side, making his way into what looks to be some sort of Augmented Reality room. The news broadcast is displayed on the side of the wall, projected from some unknown origin. Vaughn approaches the nearby couch, looking behind it, but he doesn't find what he's looking for. There's a clank of glass opposite his sight line, so Vaughn swings around, pulling out a phaser-like weapon. He points it into the darkness on that side of the room. The light comes on, showing an aged Bill Sykes, sitting at a small bar. He's pouring two drinks.~

Bill Sykes: It's about time you got here, old man. I've been expecting you.

~Bill holds up one of the drinks, offering it towards Vaughn, who doesn't make a move. He just stares at the man he's been hunting on and off for twenty years, focusing on having the man in front of him... finally...~

I've gotta say, I'm really looking forward to meeting you on Night Two, Neddy. For a fight we just got signed, it feels like it's been in the works for quite a long time.

Y'know, I've been following your "Notorious" exploits for years now, even before I signed with the XWF. I watched you come into the company in 2019, and I watched you fight through a lot of struggles to get where you are today. Sure, there were a few disappearances in there, but for the most part, you've managed to make yourself a steady member of the XWF roster. You've earned people's respect here, despite your split win/loss record and your fight to regain gold.

I'm just wondering... how did you do it?

Is it just longevity? Is that what I'm missing? Because I have been in the XWF a full year now. I've won two championships and made my name known to the wrestling world as one of the great competitors of the current generation. Yet all I hear from my opponents, time and time again, is that I don't deserve to be here; that I didn't earn my place and I never will. It'd be quite demoralizing if I let stuff like that get to me, but really, it's just made me fight harder every single time it's come up.

So are you going to go down that path, NotorNed? Are you going to follow the script that so many before you have read through? I hope not. I'm looking for some original banter from you, not just the same old "You were a Janitor and you aren't worthy of the title". Because then I'll have to break out the same defenses, and damn it, that's just going to get boring.

I don't think a Notorious guy like you wants to be boring.

My plan is to continue to prove that I'm one of the greatest Supercontinental Champions of all time. Of course, there's not much competition for that honor. You have Thaddeus Duke holding the belt for a cup of coffee, and then you have Corey Smith's monster reign. I'll be the first to admit that I have quite a ways to go to topple him from the top of the pile, which is why I need matches with men like you, Neddy. Matches to justify my championship run is truly legitimate.

By Relentless Night 2, I will have 118 days logged in my Supercontinental Title reign. That's just under halfway to Corey's run. What a fitting way to celebrate that by knocking down a Ned and winning at the biggest show of the year.

I appreciate your contribution in this, Neddy. It shall be remembered, by me at least. And I'm sure, just because you're going to put on an amazing performance next to me, you'll get another title shot soon enough. Maybe you'll be able to do more with that one.

I'm pulling for you, Neddie K. Not at Relentless, of course, but for a future you, pulling out of your slump. I know you can do it.

2008 - The Past

Bill Sykes: Y'know, we ought to go get a drink sometime, Peter.

Dad: Give him another five years, Bill.

~Bill laughs along with Vaughn's father, even as Vaughn looks a little uncomfortable.~

Peter Vaughn: Geez, Dad...

Dad: Don't worry, son. It's sort of a private joke between us. Bill's not exactly a drinker himself.

Bill Sykes: Not yet, anyway, although the way your father works so much harder than the rest of us, I might have to start. Hah!

Peter Vaughn: He definitely puts in the hours. Honestly, I'd be fine with him cutting back a little bit. I want him seeing his grandkids when he's 90.

Dad: How late are you planning to have kids, Peter? I'd like some grandkids in my 60's-70's, please! And I plan to be there for all of them, son.

~Vaughn and his father exchange a look, with Vaughn once again seeming to be worried about how hard his father works. But he holds back his comments, since he wasn't very outspoken at this age. Still, once again, his father seems to know what's he's thinking.~

Dad: Don't you go worrying about me, son. I've got a long way to go yet. As for you, I think you need to go finish your homework and studying for tomorrow's classes... where you WILL apologize for ditching school.

Peter Vaughn: Awww, Dad... at least let me finish buffing the floor here, it looks wrong to leave it this way.

Dad: Bill and I will take care of it. Look, son, you truly have a chance to be better than me. Don't miss that chance. Find a way to seize the moment. You understand?

Peter Vaughn: Sure, Dad. Sure.

Dad: Now give your old man a hug.

~The two Vaughns come together, with Vaughn's father giving him a strong pop to the back as he sends him off. Vaughn waves back, then puts on his headphones again as he walks away.~

Peter Vaughn: "When I grow up, be on TV, people know me, be on magazines..."

~Both Bill and the father wince, then laugh at each other. They watch Vaughn go around the corner, disappearing from sight. There's a strange flash of light, but neither man notices it. They're too intent on each other, with Vaughn's dad pushing Bill back against the wall.~

Dad: You... should not... be here...

Bill Sykes: I... I'm sorry, Head Custodian! I was told to deliver this message to you as quickly as possible! I... I didn't expect your son to be here during the day!

~Vaughn's dad angrily grabs the message and looks at it. His face pales, as he takes a quick swallow. He looks back at a scared Bill Sykes, studying him for a moment.~

Dad: Never involve my family again. Peter is NOT to have anything to do with our Custodial Coalition. Do you understand? I have to go. Please finish buffing this floor, so that my son isn't suspicious, okay? I'll be back later... I hope.

~Vaughn's dad hurries off, as Bill Sykes takes a few deep breaths before reaching for the floor buffer. He switches it on, trying to control it, but not being near as smooth as Vaughn was. He looks behind him, confused.~

Bill Sykes: What kind of polish is this using, anyway?

~Bill shakes it off and keeps going, determined to get it done as quickly as possible so he can get out of there. We see him turning the floor buffer around, facing away from the camera... ~

2022 - The Present

~And as the camera seems to keep rotating, we see an older Bill Sykes standing in front of a large monitor inside the Maintenance Mafia establishment. He clicks a button, bringing an interesting design up on the screen. It's blueprints, but for something that no one should recognize... unless they're with the Mafia.~

Bill Sykes: Here's the most interesting thing I found on the Mafia database. These plans seem to indicate this device will be able to channel a massive amount of power. But I can't quite tell for what. It looks like it must require a very unique power source, but that's about all someone like me can tell about it. I think we'll need to get our scientists involved immediately.

Peter Vaughn: Do you think this device has already been built?

Bill Sykes: Hard to say. But it looks like it's still a work in progress, judging by the fact that this blueprint has been edited in the last 48 hours.

Peter Vaughn: Then we still have time...

~Vaughn motions to the nearby guards, who begin moving around the room. Bill doesn't notice, as he's busy pulling up the next shot.~

Bill Sykes: I did find some suspicious notations about Norway. I'm wondering if this is somewhere we should look for Bernardo or his inner circle. There are some bank records attached, we can probably have our accountants search through them as well.

Peter Vaughn: That's good work, Bill. You always do such... good work.

Bill Sykes: I do exceptional work, thank you... very... much...

~Bill finally notices the cluster of troops that has encircled the room, standing around some of the exits. He puts on a confused look.~

Bill Sykes: Ummm, Mr. Vaughn? What's going on?

Peter Vaughn: Did you find any more information on the potential traitor? Could they be in this room right now?

~Bill looks around the room again, then stares back at the Head Custodian, Peter Vaughn, who has unknowingly taken the same role his father had many years before.~

Bill Sykes: I searched the database as precisely as I could, but I didn't find anything specifically linking to a mole in the Coalition. They might just be smart enough not to hard code something like that.

Peter Vaughn: Hmmm... Luke, will you step in here please?

Bill Sykes: .... Luke?

~Luke Carlson, a developer who helped build the Memphis robot, among other defensive weaponry, for the Coalition, steps into the room. He looks uneasily at Bill, unable to answer his stare before looking downwards. Vaughn moves over to him, putting a hand on Luke's shoulder.~

Peter Vaughn: Just tell us what you saw, Luke.

Bill Sykes: Wait... were you... keylogging me?

Luke: ... That and more, Bill. I'm sorry... but I saw your program run to delete any mention of your name. I was able to restore every file you removed. Mr. Vaughn... asked me to do it...

Bill Sykes: I... I didn't... I mean... it's not what you think, Mr. Vaughn... Peter. It's not...

Peter Vaughn: Why'd you do it, Bill? You've been with the Coalition longer than most. You faithfully served the last Head Custodian. Why would you betray me??

~Vaughn angrily grabs Bill by the shoulder and tosses him backwards out of the chair, sending him sprawling onto the ground. Bill crawls backwards, struggling to get to his feet, as a furious Vaughn walks after him. He reaches to the side, picking up a keyboard and yanking it free so it can be used as a weapon. Bill puts his hands up, defensively.~

Peter Vaughn: I Want... To KNOW... WHY!!!!

Bill Sykes: Peter... I'm sorry. But you would never understand. You... you were never supposed to be in this position. You were never supposed to be Head Custodian.

Peter Vaughn: So... you became a traitor out of JEALOUSY??

Bill Sykes: NO! It's far from that!! I swear! But I can't explain.... I can't!

~Vaughn furiously shatters the keyboard on a nearby desk, causing Bill to dive to the side.~

Peter Vaughn: I TRUSTED YOU!!!

Bill Sykes: Peter....

~As the guards hesitate, wondering if they should intervene, Vaughn steps forward... and then there's a blast of light that engulfs the room. When the light fades and vision is restored, Luke is the first one to stand up, looking around.~

Luke: Where... where are they? Bill... the Head Custodian... where did they go?!?!

~The guards spring into action, with some of them racing to the exits to search outside, while others begin taking readings inside the room. They're professionals. But they won't find any sign of either man. Not at this time.~

Sometimes my anger can get the best of me.

I admit, it's not one of my best features. But at the same time, when you find you can't really dig deep into your emotions anymore, it's still a bit of a thrill to get my rage on. It's one of the few times I can really... let loose.

So you think that's going to happen at Relentless, Nedgar? You think I might lose control and do more damage than I'm intending? I mean, it's happened before. Look at so many other competitors who have fought me and had to nurse injuries afterwards. Hell, Jim Caedus never recovered, although I can only claim credit for the physical damage.

Really, the match we're set up to have? It's going to be hard for me not to lose myself in the violence and fury of a Blast From The Past Brawl. Do you realize all the weapons that are going to be there for me to use? Busts of past presidents? Irons? A dustbuster? Hey, that may sound funny, but if used improperly, that thing can do some serious damage with its components.

What if I trapped your fingers in a Super 8 movie projector? Or cracked your skull open with a Betamax? Would you be able to come back from getting slashed to pieces from an exploding lava lamp? I mean, really, the possibilities are endless in a store like this.

My mind's already spinning at the thought of the utter chaos we could unleash at Relentless. We could truly steal the show with the surprising amount of bloodshed that could go down.

When it all comes down to it, though, Needles, I need to remember that it's not a Last Man Rising match. It's not about keeping you down for the 10 count. All I have to do is knock you senseless for the 1... 2... 3. And then my title reign continues.

So if it ends up being a choice between splattering you with a bookshelf, or leaping off that bookshelf to crush you with the Plunge, well, I know what I'm choosing.

Although the splatter effect will be really tempting...

But it's really about the victory, Neddy. A victory over you, another tough loss in your record, and another huge win in my book of the conquered.

Man, I can't wait to see your name in there...

2042 - The Future

~As the older Peter Vaughn aims his weapon, Bill Sykes shrugs his shoulders, still holding the drinks.~

Bill Sykes: Do you need me to take a sip out of each of them? I will if you want. I'm fully vaccinated from COVID-41, I promise you.

~Slowly, Vaughn lowers the gun. Sykes holds out the drink, and Vaughn takes it, staring inside for a moment. Sykes is already drinking from his, so Vaughn throws caution to the wind and drinks as well. He looks at it, shocked.~

Peter Vaughn: This tastes like... apple juice.

Bill Sykes: That it does. Sweet-tasting, isn't it?

Peter Vaughn: All the apple trees died seven years ago. How could you possibly have...

Bill Sykes: Let's say it's a long story... and it all started from that day in the Mafia den.

Peter Vaughn: Twenty years... twenty years I've looked for you.

~Vaughn grinds his teeth for a moment, thinking of all the close calls over the past two decades. Sykes just smiles.~

Peter Vaughn: I almost found you so many times... but you were so smart, avoiding every building that might have a cleaning crew. I nearly tracked you down in Argentina, but the uprising there saved your skin...

Bill Sykes: Honestly, that one was a little too close for my liking. A couple of revolutionaries held me for twenty days. They made it hard for you to find me, but I didn't think I was going to get out of that. Luckily, I was able to reach my scrubbing pad...

Peter Vaughn: You think I care about your war stories? Traitor?

~The 'phaser', for lack of a better descriptor, is back up, pointed at Sykes. Vaughn's aim is steady, but Sykes still doesn't seem concerned.~

Bill Sykes: If you just wanted to shoot me, you would've done it already.

Peter Vaughn: I need some answers first. Like, why have you suddenly gone back on the grid? I didn't believe that it could be you when the information poured in. That's why I came myself, rather than sending a strike team. I had to see for myself. So why, Bill? Why come out of hiding?

Bill Sykes: Would you believe it's just because I've gotten tired of the chase? Neither of us are young men anymore, Peter.

~Sykes sighs and steps back around the bar, refilling his glass. Vaughn looks tempted to join him, as he hasn't had any sort of fruit drink in so long, but he holds himself back.~

Bill Sykes: You know, Peter, things were never supposed to end up the way they did. I worked with your father over thirty years ago. You know, things should have gone differently with him, and with you. And that night in the Mafia den... our people were never supposed to die like that, Peter. You have to understand, I didn't know about the security system Bernardo added in case I was found out.

Peter Vaughn: What... what are you talking about?

Bill Sykes: I'm talking about Luke... and Gerald... and Patrick... and you, Peter. None of you were meant to die that day.

Peter Vaughn: Okay, is there something in the apple juice that I should be aware of? The only deaths that day were of Mafia members... and our friendship.

Bill Sykes: Yes. That's the way you remember it. Now.

~As Sykes sets his empty glass to the side, he reaches down with his other hand, pulling up a remarkable-looking gadget. It's twirling and spinning, although it's hard to follow for long with your eyes without feeling like something's wrong. Vaughn stares at it, then looks away, thrown off.~

Peter Vaughn: What the hell is that??

Bill Sykes: This, Peter, is a device that I spent twenty years trying to complete. Earlier this month... I finally managed it, in a small lab off the coast of Nova Scotia. You wouldn't believe the power source I found that made it work. And I had one goal in mind, Peter. To change that day. To change it for the better. And although it didn't go quite how I thought... I think I succeeded.

~For a second, Sykes seems to shudder. We can almost see through him for a moment, but then he comes back into being. Vaughn, too, seemed to feel it, blinking his eyes as if experiencing a migraine.~

Peter Vaughn: What... did you do?

Bill Sykes: I almost got it right, Peter... and now that you're here, I think we can fix it together... but I need your help. I need your... stability...

~As Sykes talks, Vaughn reaches behind with his left hand, pulling out a specialized-looking controller with a single button. He prepares it in his hand, ready.~

Peter Vaughn: I don't understand, Bill. Tell me what's happening.

Bill Sykes: There's no time. Things are changing. We might both disappear at any moment. And I can't allow that. I've got to try again, Peter. Please, come with me...

~Sykes twists a dial on the machine, and it begins to flicker. He steps towards Vaughn, but hits a barrier... the portable electromagnetic shield generator that Vaughn brought with him. Sykes staggers back, gasping.~

Bill Sykes: Peter, NO!! YOU HAVE TO....

~There's a blinding flash of light that takes over everything... ~

He twists the controls, as Vaughn creates an electromagnetic shield around him. The blast goes off... and suddenly all three Vaughns are standing there in an unknown place, staring at each other.

20?? - Location Unknown

~After a few seconds, the light seems to fade, at least partially. It doesn't go away, but it does dim, allowing us to see the wild field that is currently overgrowing the area. After a few seconds, a head pops up out of the growth, looking around while rubbing his head.~

Peter Vaughn: What on earth happened? Where's Bill?? Luke? Guys? Anyone read me?

~Vaughn checks on his bluetooth, but there's no response. There is, however, a groan from behind him. Vaughn turns and looks back... as the 16-year-old Vaughn pulls himself out of the grass, slowly dragging off his headphones.~

Younger Vaughn: I don't... where am I? Who are you?

Peter Vaughn: This... this is a prank, right? I'm being pranked? Is this those Jackass guys again?

~As Vaughn looks over at his younger self, a third voice is heard from behind.~

Older Vaughn: It's no hoax or prank, boys. It's real... I don't know what or how he did it... but it's real...

~All three Vaughns glance back and forth between each other, with a few pointed fingers gesturing back and forth, before they all take a collective breath.~

Younger Vaughn: Oh boy.

Peter Vaughn: Oh, fuck.

Older Vaughn: Oh, shitsplat.

~The camera slowly zooms away from the Vaughns, showing the nearby landscape... and the lack of any sign of a human civilization. We slowly fade out.~

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Peter Vaughn's post:
Dick Powers (09-17-2022), Dolly Waters (09-17-2022), Marf (09-17-2022), Raion Kido (09-17-2022), Theo Pryce (09-24-2022)