Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 07:46 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 3 RP Boards 2022
Heaven's Treasure
Raion Kido Offline
The Lion

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

09-16-2022, 04:49 PM

It had been a dream match, but also a wake up call. Atara Themis had reminded Raion, in her own way, that not every match, no matter how much he appreciated it, would be met with mutual respect.

“Argh!”

And though he had won, this lesson he would take to heart - for Relentless had come, and Mark Flynn awaited.

“HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!”

But now the Pryce was Right, and the Lion was caught in the hold of the leader of the Trilogy, under the gaze of Jason Cashe and Ned Kaye. Much as he tried to power out of Pryce’s Arm Trap Crossface, it was no good. The move was very tightly locked in.

“Well Kido, since you were dumb enough to choose a submission match against a submissionist like Flynn despite not being a submission expert, we have to make this a crash course. Now will you give up?”

“Never!”

“Doesn’t matter. Soon you won’t be able to do anything at all.”

Raion keeps up the struggle, but soon his muscles are spent, and become completely frozen and numb, without him being able to get them to respond.

“See, the idea of a submission is to get the foe to give up, but that requires a very real danger on the other side. Now your sense of touch is gone, and you can’t move. What sense do you think you’re going to lose next?”

The Lion attempts a deep breath to summon whatever strength he can muster, only for a choked gasp to exit his nostrils.

“TSK!”

“And now your nose is gone, you’re having trouble breathing. Make another guess. What sense will be the next to go?”

One more time does the Lion try to fight, but this time, the choking is at his throat, and once again he’s barely able to gasp for air.

“Correct. Now you’ve lost your taste. Do you feel like giving up yet?”

A fierce glint of fury emerges from the XWF Universal Champion’s eyes, but soon his eyelids feel heavy, and he begins to doze off…

“There’s your sight gone, Kido. And now, since you can still hear me, allow me to explain.”

Theo Pryce takes a breath without relinquishing the hold, and it’s all Raion can do to listen through ears that very soon become stuffed.

“Some submission moves are targeted at the limbs, but the hardest ones, and the most effective, are those that incapacitate the foe completely. What better way to have them at your utter mercy when the very blood fails to flow, or the very air fails to enter their lungs? This is what’s in store for you against the likes of Mark Flynn…”

With the last of his strength, the Lion listens to Theo’s words before they finally fade.

“... and you’re going to have to find it in you to do something like this on your own.”

Pryce finally releases the hold, and the Japanese wrestler is laid prone on the mat. It is completely uncertain whether he is fully unconscious.

“Is he even alive?”

“Only one way to find out!”

A beaming DioGEE takes out a black Sharpie marker, and, eyes glinting with glee, approaches the fallen Champion…

“Stop that, Cashe! This isn’t Chris Page’s group. We’re not drawing a dick on the Universal Champion’s forehead.”

Somewhat taken aback, Jason Cashe glances at Theo.

“No fun.. Can I draw a cat nose instead?”

“Fair enough.”

The DioGEE draws a cat nose upon the one of the Universal Champion, and turns back to his teammates…

“Uh, Cashe, you forgot to draw the whiskers…”

“Oh shit! I got fuuuuuuuuuuucked up!”

Cashe again goes to Raion Kido…

“WHOA!”

… But the Lion has awoken! He catches the DioGEE in a roll-up onto his belly, traps his arms behind his back in a double underhook, and surges forward in a bridging position - holding Cashe in a chin lock!

“Holy shit, Kido!”

“RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH…!”

“Kido? KIDO! Break that up before you kill Cashe!”

… Raion breaks the hold, and rises to his feet, the effects of Theo’s earlier move still wearing off him. But the Cornerstone of the XWF finally nods in satisfaction.

“Well, I have to admit - that looked like a killer! How did you come up with that?”

When Raion speaks again, he’s smiling like the boy that lies behind the Lion.

“When you had me in your move, and when I heard your explanation, I recalled something from Saint Seiya. A technique that deprived the foe of their senses, and left them as a living corpse, fit only to send to the afterlife. The ultimate form of attack and defense.”

The XWF Universal Champion’s smile widens, but this time, the grin comes not from a boy - but from the very Lion himself.

“And it seems the time is just right for Mark Flynn to taste… the Treasure of Heaven.”

The Lion looks at the rest of the Trilogy, and gives a mischievous wink…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Before I won the Leap of Faith match, it was said I was the Cho-KING of the XWF.”

The sun reaches its zenith over an Asian-style built tower in the wilderness, overlooking a tranquil water pond. A place of relaxation, but also of learning - the Huntington Botanical Gardens, in the City of Angels. And it is from here that the Lion begins his speech, sitting cross-legged in the lotus position, with his eyes closed.

“Before I won the Universal Title, it was said that I would be the weakest Champion ever. After War Games was over, it was also said I was an unpolished Champion, and there were those who said I would be a flash in the pan.”

Now we are at Relentless, the XWF’s flagship three-day Pay-Per-View, and not only am I still the defending Universal Champion, but I have also been undefeated since War Games, which makes this close to two months.

And when the time came for me to defend, one among those nay-sayers was the first one to fall.

So at this point, I wonder what anyone shall have to say now. Especially Mark Flynn - one of the very people that I defeated before all this even happened.

But I’ll give you enough courtesy to hear you out - after all, at least you and I were the biggest winners of Chris Page’s Cannabis Cup, we’ve both beaten Micheal Graves, and in the end, this match was inevitable.”

Slowly, but steadily, the Lion opens his eyes, and rises to his feet. Once he resumes his talk, the force of his voice echoes through the wilderness as a message from the Heavens.

As the sun in the sky, and the Gold Cloth that the Lion wears, gleaming splendidly in the sunlight, it was now time for the cosmos to burn.

“So let’s hear it, Flynn. Want to call me the John Starks of the XWF again? Will you scrape the bottom of the statistics barrel like you were Biff Tannen holding the Almanac? Will you shine yourself up speaking about how dominant you have been like it somehow mattered?

Let’s hear about how you were the greatest thing ten years ago. ALIAS said much the same. How did that work out for him? The most dominant Universal Champion the XWF has seen, beaten by RAION KIDO.

Tell me then, Flynn, what happens now. Tell me again how I choked after knowing that you never were Television Champion, or King of the XWF. Tell me again how I choked after you too lost a match with Charlie Nickles in it, and this was just last Warfare. And tell me again how I choked after knowing you never won War Games. Tell me that, Flynn, and see how meager it sounds in comparison to everything else I have achieved!”

Raion lets out his mighty roar. Every single time he had the chance would Mark Flynn speak about the Cho-KING of the XWF, and point out his every failure. Perhaps once he had a cause to be silent, in order to prove himself.

But after the Cannabis Cup, he had a motive to speak. And after his first defense?

It was time for the Lion to render Mark Flynn silent.

“But see, Mr. Sports Pundit, I too can play this game. As far as I have it, you held gold in 2012, and ten years later you came to hold it again. Since you chose basketball for your reference, you know who else did that? John Salley. Part of the Bad Boys Detroit Pistons, that served as the temporary barrier that Michael Jordan overcame to become the ultimate basketball icon.

What they don’t really say is that, just like you, John Salley was just another teammate in teams where the true stars came to shine. Much like Isiah Thomas in the Bad Boys, Kobe and Shaq in the Lakers… and the very own partner against which you turned.

And nobody would remember John Salley, if it weren’t because Michael Jordan beat the Bad Boys.”

The XWF Universal Champion grins slightly as he lets the silence carry his last statement. Far be it from him to compare himself to one of the greatest athletes of all time, but if Mark Flynn went as far as to call himself the best wrestler in the world, why could he not make a sports reference of his own?

“Maybe the point is clear, but it doesn’t matter. Since I know you’re just raring to talk about War Games, I’ll be the first one to say it was the North Korean War Criminal that pinned me. And all the while, the name of Mark Flynn was nowhere to be found.

I recall you saying at the time of Leap of Faith that both you and him would take part in the match, and at the time, I said you should have, because I’d make sure to destroy you both.

And right now at Relentless, I say you shouldn’t have taken him out. This should have been a handicap match - for that was the only chance either of you might have had against Raion Kido!”

This time, Raion points towards the camera, letting out another savage roar that echoes throughout the Botanical Gardens. He had considered the possibility of that at Leap of Faith.

And he had pictured that again before Mark Flynn had turned on his partner, and threw the tag team titles away.

If the prospect of facing the XWF Tag Team Champions by himself did not give him pause, would Mark Flynn alone?

“So answer me, Flynn, what exactly should I fear? You beating three inductions to the Hall of Legends? I beat one right after my debut! People in the top 50 rank? I’ve beaten five of them, and among those names is yours! And if you want to tell me how you beat Charlie Nickles more than I did, at least when I beat him, it was in a match where the Universal Title was at stake. There you have him, half-gone, the other half still fighting with the Brotherhood of Bastards… and winning at that. You know, much like I won after having lost to him, so maybe you should stow that finger somewhere before you point it at me.

But there’s something else that I’ve picked up, Flynn. Even in a team, you couldn’t pull your weight. You might have been one half of arguably the best XWF Tag Team in history, but now we see what truly happens when the North Korean War Criminal isn’t there to cover your sorry backside. At least I carried the Meat Clowns to the very end of War Games, and I was the last man standing. You couldn’t even rescue your own partners before Thunder Knuckles took you out!

And that is why, Flynn, you’ve made the greatest mistake of all: you threw away your partner and the XWF Tag Team Titles just so you could be the one to challenge me, all on account of your own wounded, fragile ego. That’s what lies behind it all - Mark Flynn can’t stand not being in the spotlight, he resents being King of the Midcarders, and will stop at nothing to get the spotlight he craves. You’ve thrown your reign away just so you, and only you, could have a shot at the Universal Title. Spit all the statistics you like about your supposed dominance, at least I did not need to trade in the Leap of Faith briefcase over which I’ve beaten you and four others!”

The facts spoke for themselves. Unlike Mark Flynn, Raion Kido hadn’t stepped over anyone’s toes to get to this point - live or die, he did so by himself, under his own power, and fairly at that.

And in his own mind, the Lion had gone against Charlie Nickles to avenge Betsy Granger, and against ALIAS to avenge Atara Themis.

Maybe it was time, inside the Lion’s own thoughts, for him to avenge Flynn’s partner.

“But here comes the interesting part, Mr. King of the Midcarders. You may gladly embrace that title, but I don’t settle for the comfort of the midcard. My entire career has been to seek the match of the night - even from the undercard against Xavier Lux or Lexi Gold, or even when the Main Event was right above me, as with Centurion or Atara Themis. Whether at the bottom or at the top, it’s my duty to have the people talk about the matches where Raion Kido took part as the very Main Event! And I do that, Flynn, because I always seek the highest challenge - the greater the odds, the greater the victory, and the sweeter the prize. Which leads me, of course, to the stipulations for this match.

Because this Ultimate Submission Match, Mr. Greco-Roman, is your game, your bread and butter, but it is the match I sought. The Dark Warrior begged me to get Xtreme and I gave him something beyond his wildest expectations in a Last Man Standing match, and now I’m extending the same courtesy to you, and putting myself in the greatest challenge. For this time, there won’t be a Lightning Bolt stopping your heart cold, or a Lightning Plasma reducing you to a quivering mess.

This time, there shall only be the ultimate test of endurance - how much time it shall take you to submit, or collapse under the pressure of the world coming down upon you. Because that it’s exactly what’s going to happen, Flynn. I’m bringing to you Heaven’s Treasure - the ultimate form of attack and defense.”

The Osaka wrestler clenches his fist as he peels back his lips. He had chosen this challenge, and at Relentless, he would prove that he could play, and win, at odds that did not favor him.

“And I promise you this. You may avoid eye contact before a match, but when that train goes down the tracks at the Main Event of Relentless Night Three, I’m going to look at you square in the eyes, and then I shall proceed to dismantle you - to deprive you of every sense. Touch so you can’t move, smell so you can’t breathe, taste so you can’t so much as choke when you try to scream in pain. Soon sight shall begin to fade as you struggle to keep awake, and the final thing gone shall be your hearing - ultimate oblivion.

Unless, of course, you decide to give up. Which shouldn’t be a problem, after you’ve done so with your partner and the titles.

Ten years, Mark Flynn. Ten years of languishing in a mediocrity of your own choosing. Ten years of being the King of the Midcarders, but you made it to the best XWF Tag Team Champions of all time. And now you’ve burned it all away, just to be in the Main Event of the XWF’s flagship three-night show.

Now you’ve chosen to throw your legacy away in order to face a guy that did in one year what you didn’t do in ten, and once you and I are done, maybe you’ll think back on the time you told Charlie Nickles that he dropped his title, his claim to fame and his entire legacy… only to walk away a loser.

Defeated by RAION KIDO!

A third roar, the loudest of all, even making the blades of grass around him tremble. Flynn had done that when he mentioned the Lion’s name to Charlie Nickles - and now this slight would be visited upon him ten-fold.

“Make no mistake, Flynn. That’s exactly what’s going to happen. I come into this match with a legacy already cemented. I’ve done nothing but prove myself despite those times you’ll most certainly want to point out, and I’ve achieved a victory worth infinitely more than all of them put together. Now? It’s laying bricks on top of bricks to expand the house the Lion has built.

No longer am I a flash in the pan, a choke artist, or unpolished. All the names that dared to say that have fallen to the Lion’s fangs, and all that remains is you. And at Relentless, the Lion comes to defend his title at your own game, in your own element, for the ultimate challenge. The XWF Universe has heard me talk of the power of the cosmos, and come to see it for themselves.

But now? They’re going to see what happens when the odds are the greatest. They’re going to see just how greatly the stars themselves may burst. At XWF Relentless, the greatest extravaganza of the year… they’re going to experience the glory of Heaven’s Treasure.

Make your final peace, Flynn, and apologize to the North Korean War Criminal…”

The XWF Universal Champion clenches his fist once more, and extends it towards the camera in a swift, decisive motion.

“... once Heaven’s Treasure has taken your senses away.”

Fade to black.

3000 words (wordcounter.net)

[Image: yfesfA4.jpg]

Signature courtesy of Atara Themis!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Raion Kido's post:
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (09-18-2022), Atara Raven (09-16-2022), Charlie Nickles (09-16-2022), Dick Powers (09-17-2022), Finn Kühn (09-16-2022), Marf (09-17-2022), Mark Flynn (09-19-2022), Theo Pryce (09-25-2022)