Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:00 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 3 RP Boards 2022
Act CII: Bullfighter - Part 1 of 2
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

09-17-2022, 08:57 PM

15 September 2022
John Wayne Airport
Santa Ana, California

"You booked me on a plane to head out to Scotland?" I asked in disbelief as I took a look at the plane ticket being handed to me.

"Sure did!" The blonde responded with her ever-so peppy attitude, seemingly not fazed in the slightest by my expression. She managed to somehow ignore the obvious elephant in the room as to 'why,' instead focusing on one of the other million thoughts a minute that spun through her head. "You know, for someone who just lost on Warfare, by the by, you're not looking too bad in spirits."

I gave a simple shrug in response. "Because I figured out things, at least somewhat. King was a good opponent, and we tore the house down together. He can go on and proclaim himself a 'ruler,' but our match could have gone either way. I know now that I'm just a touch below the heights I was once at, and I know where to start working on things. For once, I have at least some sense of direction."

"Well, glad to see you're making the best out of a bad situation," the blonde said, walking with me as we walked through the sterile halls of the airport, luggage rattling behind us as we went through lines. Between my suitcase in one hand and my duffel bag in another, my hands were clearly full. It was early morning still - I had been wanting to get a move on early back to home and managed to beat the traffic, but this new 'gift' had blindsided me. And speaking of...

"So... you wanna explain why you have me going to Scotland, of all places?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Consider it a favor!" She responded with a smile. "I had to pull a lot of strings to try getting this done, but it worked out in the end. I managed to get you set up with one of the world's best trainers."

"Is that so?" Needless to say, I was skeptical. This was high praise coming from her, and yet... "So tell me, who's this magical trainer you've managed to pick out?"

"Skyla Hawkins."

"Never heard of her," I shot back quickly with a squint of my eyes. "Are you trying to drag me along...?"

"What? No!" She said, holding her hands up innocently. Or rather... one hand, considering her other was busy rolling her suitcase along. "I swear, uh, scout's honor and all that! You're clearly taking things here seriously again and you're wanting to put in the work to get better on things again, so I took it upon myself to repay that by getting you better materials to succeed and maybe... y'know... improve your confidence a bit! Beats being in your apartment along being a downer anyway, right?"

Her explanation gave me a quiet pause as we continued walking. Improve my confidence... I told her my doubts before this past week before we had gotten to binge watching XWF content together, and she had been thinking for a while. Did that mean-

"You planned this for a while, didn't you?" came my eventual question, my curiosity towards this woman expanding itself again.

"Well... maybe I did!" She said with a wave of her hand, trying to dismiss me and have me not notice the faint flush on her cheeks. "Besides, not like that would change things either way, wouldn't it?"

My first instinct was to press her and ask her why she would do such a thing. I still had my doubts as to this 'Skyla Hawkins' woman, but if nothing else, this woman was at least genuine in her concern and trying to help me. But at the same time, I knew if I pressed her, she'd likely try to dismiss me again and dodge the question given how she just brushed me off there. My flight would be leaving soon enough, and I had business matters to tend to rather than something like this, so instead I made it a mental note to ask later. For now, though...

"Okay, well... thank you, then. How can I repay you?"

"Well..." The woman brushed her long locks out of her eyes, turning to look at me as she did so with a smile that was far more cheeky. "I think you can start by remembering my name."

I cursed underneath my breath. That was the least I could do, given the situation. And yet, I had actively avoided trying to think of her name because I knew I would end up messing it up. The woes and stresses of my match had ended up taking up far more of my mental space than I had intended, and through it all, the name that I had forgotten in the process was...

"Charlotte."

"Christine," She replied with a deadpan expression, noticing the slight sag in my shoulders as she delivered to me my shortcoming yet again.

"One of these days, I'm going to remember it," I said in a reassuring voice. But, whether I was reassuring her or myself, I wasn't sure of in that moment.

"Uh-huh," Christine said with a knowing expression. She then reached into her jacket, pulling out a brand new manila folder. I raised an eyebrow, already knowing what it was going to hold at this point. "I figure we should get to business right now, though. Luckily for you, we've got your opponent for Relentless all ironed out now, so we should get right to the nitty-gritty."

Expectantly, she held the folder out to me, but instead, Christine's gaze was forced to follow my own eyes that went to both of my hands being occupied with my luggage. "Yeah... I think you're going to have to wait on that one."

Well, I had to give Christine credit. She only paused for a second, trying to readjust, before going on ahead of me slightly as she adjusted her purse and duffel bag on her shoulders. She then proceeded to open the manila envelope in front of me as she walked backwards, holding it up in my eyesight as if it were flash cards. I held in a chuckle at the display, with her enthusiasm almost infectious at this point, but it didn't stop her from going on.

"So, you're going to be on the third day of Relentless - my condolences, Part 3 of Back to the Future is honestly my least favorite-" Before she could continue on, I cut her off.

"Never watched the trilogy," I said with a small shrug.

"What?!" Christine almost shouted before managing to catch herself in time. Looking around and trying to shrug off the few people who looked around and noticed her as best as she could, she cleared her throat before turning her attention back to me. "Right... we're changing that. I'll make sure it'll be available for you to watch on the flight. A-ny-way, you're going to be in an 'I Quit' Match against another new face to the company. Unlike with Isaiah King last Warfare though, this guy is just as good, if not better, and he has a bit more experience to his name."

Christine pointed down on the basic information sheet, pointing to the guy's face that was pictured alongside his name. "'Buster Gloves'? The Hell kind of a ring name is that?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Only the name of the former Wisdom Champion in Level-Up Wrestling. Believe me, funky ring name or no, the 'Bull of the North' is a feared opponent," Christine said in an attempt to get my mind back on track.

"Believe me, I'm not doubting that in the slightest, but-" Quickly, my vision perked up as I recognized what was coming ahead. "Step to the left," I directed while adjusting the duffel bag on my own shoulder accordingly.

"What'd you sa- Ow!" Christine winced as her shoulder hit the pillar, causing some of the pages in the folder to go loose, causing her to have to collect the offending documents.

"Told you," I said while shaking my head. Hopefully, she'd keep her ears open next time.

"Anyway... go on?"

"As I was saying... I'm not doubting that. Obviously he's skilled, even if he really needs a lesson in how to pick a ring alias. Him being a champion elsewhere proves my point. Tell me more about him." I asked, prompting Christine.

She quickly got the memo, flipping through to a set of different pictures now. She pointed through each of them, showing them off to me. "So, he really knows what he's doing. He started off in the Army, and actually became a Sergeant over three tours while competing in MMA at the same time. And like, some of his knockouts were just..." Christine brought a hand to her mouth, mimicking a chef's kiss. Clearly she was infatuated with yet another of my opponents...

Sure enough, Christine found herself in that mindset too, coughing slightly and covering her mouth while doing so, so as to hide the blush on her face. "A-Anyway... he's also a black belt in BJJ, but given how you handled yourself against Isaiah King, I'd say that's nothing you haven't faced before. But the real good stuff on him happened in Level-Up Wrestling, like I said. He's coming off a solid four-month reign, he's at the top of his game, this is his first time appearing outside of the company... needless to say, even if you've got the opening match-up, you're gonna have a lot of eyes on you on the big stage."

Christine went on, even with her speech finished, pulling up some notable photographs of his moves in the ring. His D'arce Choke technique looked almost impenetrable - I was going to have my work cut out for me if I was locked into that. Still...

"Guy to your right," I chimed in while moving.

"Ah- sorry!" Christine managed to get out, avoiding a bump for the second time today.

I took a deep breath, trying to collect my wording. A tough challenge was in front of me, there was no question about that.

"I'll handle it. I have to. If there's one thing I can say about myself, confidently, it's that I'm not afraid of any opponent. This guy - I'm so not calling him [b]Buster fucking Gloves - can say he's got the experience over me, the accolades over me... fine. Whatever. He can hold that high above his head all he wants."[/b] My gaze turned resolute as I looked in front of the man as he was pictured holding the Wisdom Championship high.

"Because one thing is for sure - this man has never stepped foot in an XWF ring. I don't care what odds people have this match coming in at, I don't care what he's done before now, I don't care if the whole world is against me. I'm going to go into Hill Valley in two weeks from now, and I'm going to look in his eyes, and I will show him the eyes of a man who has nothing to lose, and everything to gain."

"Because that's the thing, Christine. When people have been riding high on success, they get used to it. A little too used to it. They let themselves grow lax at the top, but sooner or later, the man on the bottom gets the glint of ambition in his eye. He has that ambition, he grabs onto it, he clings to it, he gets addicted to that feeling and he rides it all the way to the top where he throws off the man who's gotten lax. This guy got a taste of that when he lost his belt, but believe you and me, if he thinks he's going to come right into an XWF ring and expect a cakewalk out of me, I will submit him so fast nobody will be saying 'I Quit' faster than him."

"So yes. I hope he brings his all. I hope he brings that same hunger and tenacity with him that he had when he won his belt in the first place, just so he can face my own endless ambition that I'm going to climb to the top with. I want him to see my ambition, the drive of a man who yearns to truly be the best. I want to face this man at his best, so I can show him just what exactly this company has. We're going to steal the show together, and win or lose, I'm going to expand my own limits and get closer to figure I want to be - the Kaiser."

"That was... well said. So, all things considered- AH!" Christine yelped as she backpedaled right into the metal bench that was right behind her, the papers in the folder flying everywhere. I sighed, stopping and bending over to help pick it up.

"Yeah, that was on me. I got held up talking about him that I didn't pay too much attention. Sorry about that..." I managed to get everything in a neat stack, bringing it back to Christine who slid it all back in the folder.

"It's okay..." She winced before getting back onto her feet. "Just... be sure to take the folder with you while you go, yeah? Matter of fact..." Not waiting for my say-so, she quickly unzippered my duffel bag now that we stopped walking and slid it all in.

"Thanks. Anyway, it's... not much further to the gate now. Anything I should know about our mysterious Miss Hawkins before we part ways to our own flights?" I asked. The more information I had before dealing with her, the better...

"To put it succinctly..." Christine said, placing a finger on her chin. "She's tough. Like, really really tough. The reason why she's so selective with whoever she trains is because most people would wind up dead from her training regimen."

"Sounds to me like she's not too effective of a trainer then if things are that bad with her," I muttered as I shook my head.

"But it works with her! Believe me, if she sticks with you, and vice-versa, you'll be going way past any limits you thought you had, and then some. I don't think I've seen anyone with a better head for combat than her, honestly..." Was Christine just... sweating just from talking about this woman? "Anyway, we agreed to have you go to an address that I'll text you when your flight lands. I think she has some sort of... trial ready for you to see if you're good to go, but she didn't really go too much into detail..."

"Joy..." I muttered as I shook my head. "Well, guess I better not keep our mystery woman waiting then. I'll be off, and if I don't somehow die in the process of being 'trained' by her... we'll meet up again at Relentless. Hopefully, before my second win back."

"Yeah, looks like it..." Christine brought herself up, dusting herself off before giving me a nod. "Good luck, Finn! I know you can win there tonight!"

With that, the pudgy woman went off to a separate gate, leaving me by my lonesome as I looked out amidst the ever-expanding airport. I sighed, releasing the pent-up air in my lungs as I stepped forward.

"You're going to fail."

I perked up, looking around. Was that Christine? My eyes squinted, trying to figure out the source, and yet... I didn't see anyone looking at me. It must have been someone talking to someone else.

"I know you hear me..."

The chilling voice that crept down my spine finally gave me pause. A dull ringing in my ears was intensifying by the minute as it felt like an endless sea of eyes was staring right into my very core. My own layer of sweat was starting to build as my heart was pounding against my chest.

"How many times are you going to do this? How many times will you be coming back to this place? How many times does this have to happen to you again and again to find out the truth?"

"You are a mere failure. Just like how you failed against Caedus. Just like how you failed to get the Universal title. Just like how you failed against Isaiah King..."

"And just like how you will fail at Relentless."

I clenched my fists around my luggage, biting my lip hard enough to where I could taste my own blood.

"Watch me," I said with a tone strong enough to cut through to the silent voice in my own heart.

"I'll become the star of this damned show."

(Word Count - 2,789 per wordcounter.net)

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Finn Kühn's post:
Marf (09-18-2022), Raion Kido (09-18-2022), Theo Pryce (09-25-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (09-18-2022), Vita Frickin Valenteen (09-24-2022)