Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 09:15 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
American Gladiator
Ring Master Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-12-2022, 10:30 AM

[Image: 250px-American_Gladiators.png]

Ring Master grew up watching American Gladiator's. They were a big influence on him getting into fitness and bodybuilding. In fact, to this day the memories were clear. It would be Friday night and the entire family screaming at the television for the Gladiators. The show hasn't aired in decades, but Ring Master heard a rumor they were doing a reunion show. This was his chance to not just compete against the very best but beat them. So, Ringmaster showed up to Universal Studios waiting in line for a chance to impress the judges. He knew this was a chance of a lifetime to relive his childhood but there was doubt. He wasn't a chiseled young man anymore. The intensity of Ring Masters training was not up to par compared to these guys. The door swung open as everybody walked in. The crowd surpassed one hundred people as they were directed to a stage located at the far end. Once there the group was told to wait. A few minutes go by when Mike Adamle appears. He walked up the stage holding a microphone. Mike was the original host of the show, but he still moved pretty well for his age. Ring Master had a smile on his face at this point still lost in the moment. Mike Adamle spoke to the crowd.

Mike Adamle
Welcome everyone to a very special edition of American Gladiators. Can you believe it has been thirty years since the show started airing? I'm sure everybody here showed up thinking they would compete on the show. However, things are a little different this time around. We wanted to throw a curve ball and grant an opportunity of a lifetime to one of you. Whoever we select will become the next American Gladiator. Yes, you heard me correctly we need someone fresh and exciting. Someone who excels in everything they do. This procedure is going to be a little different. It will be done in two parts. The gladiators will pick an event. You must compete against them and during this time they will evaluate you based on your performance.  After the event the gladiator will ask you a question. If you fail to impress, we will shake your hand and give you a complimentary t-shirt. However, if you are chosen then congratulations.

[Image: american-gladiators-90s-tshirt-mens-regular-white.jpg]

The crowd acknowledges what is being said. Looking around Ring Master could tell that most of the ladies and gentlemen present were too vanilla for this opportunity. However, Ring Master having a sports entertainment background had a slight advantage because he knew the pressure and how to feed off the crowd. He waited patiently as they called his name. He stood in front of the greatest gladiators. Even though he competed in front of sold out crowd the great Ring Master became nervous and tried to keep himself together. Nitro approached Ring Master. Putting his arm around him with a smile as they walk over to Powerball. This was a popular event, and the objective was easy. It was to score as many points as possible by depositing as many balls as they can into the five equally spaced scoring pods within the time limit.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Nitro takes his place in front of Ring Master. The XWF athlete cracked his knuckles as the whistle sounded and the game started. He made a juke on Nitro after grabbing a ball and slamming it into the cylinder. He flexed his muscles and as he grabbed another Nitro turned it up a notch.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76112bbdcc8238d143ec81...=giphy.gif]

His body slams to the ground bouncing back up. Nitro laughs as the time continues to fade. Ring Master resets and as he makes another attempt, he bulldozes Nitro into the ground getting another basket. The others in the group were having mixed results at their events. It was the final thirty seconds as Nitro and Ring Master have battled it out with the XWF star getting a few more points. Sweat was pouring from both men as Ring Master tried to score one last time only to be denied.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611643e63baf0349006ba...=giphy.gif]

The buzzer sounds as both men shook hands respecting the effort given. The cameras zoom in as nitro grabs a microphone and spoke with Ring Master.

Nitro
Listen, the performance you just gave does not surprise me at all. I know who you are and it's why I selected you. However, this version of sports entertainment is different from what you do in the ring. How do you feel competing on American Gladiators will help you in XWF?

He stood tall next to Nitro. It was an honest question from a hard-working individual. Once the question was down Ring Master leaned in looking into the camera.

Ring Master
First of all, it's an honor to be here today. It's amazing to compete against you. The American Gladiators are the best in the business at what they do. You guys are high energy all the time. XWF is the same way to me. It's why I wanted another opportunity at Raion Kido the newly crowned Universal Champion. He represents the best the XWF has to offer right now. He deserves that Universal Title by working his ass off. Leap Of Faith was huge for that guy earning the right to cash in whenever he wanted. The great competitor he is knew when the perfect opportunity to strike is, and he capitalized by beating one of the greatest XWF stars we have ever seen. Yet for as great of an athlete, he is Ring Master wants to show just how great he can be. I was still getting my bearings when we competed last, and he owned me in our match. I realized where I was in terms of talent, and it shocked me. I've always been a guy that excels in all I do yet with him I am nothing. Ring Master didn't challenge the Universal champion to prove he deserves a title shot that would be silly. I did this to show how much I've grown and that I appreciate him making me a better person through it all. Angie Vaughn is another tough competitor. She is a true candidate for rookie of the year. If anyone is surprised by her success, they shouldn't be. Tough as nails stepping into the ring with two men and confident, she can beat us both. Positivity is something we need in this company, and she represents that. However, if either of them think I am not excited about this match think again. Wrestling is my passion and will always approach it with a smile. This match will show Raion and Angie Vaughn that I was born to do this. I belong in the ring with them.

The interview ends as Ring Master made his way to the second event Jousting. He was met by Gemini. A powerful, assertive black man ready to take your head off and not think twice about it. Both men get head gear and suited up properly as they stand on the platform ready. Ring Master blows him a kiss which really annoys the gladiator. The referee blew the whistle as both guys go at it. Each of them getting a good shot but neither of them falling off the platform. It went on like this until just under thirty seconds when Ring Master took one last aggressive approach.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76112a54f3ff33ccf68525...=giphy.gif]

Gemini went flying to the mat below as the whistle goes off ending the match. Ring Master jumps down as they sit there catching their breath. Gemini looks over at him pissed off he lost but he lost fair and sqaure. They roll off the mat as the cameras once again found Ring Master and Gemini as they spoke.

Gemini
I don't say this often-young man. I was overwhelmed with you. The fact you kept going shows your endurance, determination and talent. How do you feel an event like this helps with a triple threat match?

He was still trying to calm himself down as he wiped the sweat from his face before answering.

Ring Master
Gemini, I appreciate the kind words. You're very intimidating in person. More than I would like to admit.I'm glad you chose this event because to me Jousting is not only a great sport, but it keeps our reflexes sharp. XWF is tough. The roster is superb and no matter who I get in the ring with I need to be quick and focused. Raion and Angelina as mentioned before are worthy opponents. This event allows me to have my head on a swivel for when I am getting attacked at all angles. I'm a fighter, survivor, overcomer and leader. You will never see me play favorites in a match like this. I'm a nice guy but being your ally is not my agenda. It is about victory. Unconditional victory leaving no doubt who the most talented man in XWF is. Every match to me is a new challenge and that's what keeps me going. I thank you for your time and hopefully we will see more of each other down the road.

The two men fist pump each other. They was no time to waste though as Laser approached him. The crowd was thinning out as only a few remained. Ring Master was having a great experience and although winning the chance to be an American Gladiator sounded amazing, he valued the friendships and lessons being taught by some of his role models growing up. Money could not buy this type of happiness ever. Once Laser reached him, they wanted to have some fun with him and blinded folded Ring Master. They walked a short distance as the crowd cheers. Ring Master had no idea what was going on when the blindfold was removed. Breakthrough and conquer was next on the list. The perfect event of football and wrestling something Ring Master knew finally. This event was different as it required two gladiators as Malibu would be the second part of this event. The referee told everyone to get ready. On the whistle Ring Master charged Laser. he didn't try anything slick just power against power.

Ring Master
Here goes nothing.

[Image: breakthrough-and-conquer-1567728721-1567728723.gif]

Ring Master was successful spiking the football and taking a few steps over to the wrestling mat where Malibu stood. The guy had a smile on his face as he prepared himself.

Ring Master
You realize this is where I am most comfortable so give it your best shot.

He was taunting one of the legendary gladiators trying to play mind games with him. He knew he had ten seconds to get him outside the circle and it would not be easy. He flexed his muscles and yelled. The moment he finished those words the ref blew the whistle and both men started groping each other trying to find that perfect spot to dominant the other. Suddenly Ring Master was picked up and thrown outside the circle ending the event. Ring Master sat there on the turf confused. Malibu and Laser walk over and offer him a hand which he accepts. The XWF star was humbled by the better man. He would not qualify to be the next American Gladiator as both Malibu and Laser asked him his final questions of the evening.

Laser
I chose this event for you. I wanted you to shine and show the world that Ring Master was a man of his word. You did manage to breakthrough but not quite conquer. Yet you remain in high spirits which I love about you. What is your biggest challenge this Saturday night to grab a victory?

Ring Master
Laser, my mother taught me at a very young age to never let my emotions change who I am. It doesn't mean I won't get angry, sad, pissed off or anything in between. I have the ability to keep my emotions from getting out of control and using them in the match. I realize that our Universal Champion is loved by everyone that comes in contact with him. This will be the first time I am considered the bad guy just for wanting to compete with him. The emotions will be high and even with my spirits high my challenge is not losing the fans I've worked hard to impress. They are a big part of our matches and deserve a great effort by all three of us. This might seem like an odd challenge for most but Ring Master lives for the fans. I am weak without them trust me on that one. The triple threat match is going to trulty test the loyalty of the XWF universe and Laser the end result could surprise everyone. Saturday Night Savage will be explosive and yours truly is going to stand tall against two soon to be XWF legends.

Malibu
I know earlier you mentioned not wanting a future title opportunity if you did pin the Universal Champion. Why would you say such a thing when everyone deserves that opportunity and any last words for Angie?

Ring Master
Contrary to what people believe about the industry. There are some superstars who don't demand things. I'm one of those old-fashioned men that doesn't demand anything. I want to earn the opportunity. In order to earn the chance at the Universal Championship I have to earn the respect of Raion Kido and Angie Vaughn. Yes, both of them are in this match and without the respect of them both why should I be rewarded with a rare opportunity most never get? Respect should always be earned and given until you're disrespected and as I stand here before you, I realize they are both coming for me. The objective for all three of us are the same but when respect is involved it makes the meaning of the match significant compared to others. Only time will tell if we have that toward each other but I'm ready for war. I'm determined to push Raion and Angie to the brink of craziness. All of us demand perfection but chaos will reign.

He took a moment to gather his thoughts as the competition ended declaring a winner.

Angie Vaughn is unique. She is a beautiful young lady who understands what it takes to be a winner. It runs in the family, and I like that. She has a toughness about her that no one can measure except Ring Master. Malibu, toughness is not measured by how much we can lift. It's about being about to withstand adverse conditions and hardships. A triple threat match is not a standard match it has conditions unlike the others. When the world looks into my eyes, they will see my adversity. They will understand what hurt is and that I've dealt with unique conditions all my life. So, Angie when you step in the ring with me just know I define toughness. I'm not going to take a backseat in this match. Saturday Night Savage is my show and while Kido enjoys brand domination in XWF I'm going to be the face that runs this place no matter what I have to do. Can you shatter my toughness? I'd love to see you try.

Malibu
Thank you for the effort tonight and best of luck to you on Saturday Night Savage.

He lowered his head and started toward the exit. He got to compete at the highest level with some great people, but his emotions got the best of him. Ring Master was about to open the doors when Mike Adamle approached him.

Mike Adamle
Hey! I know you didn't win but let me be one of the few to say we've never seen such domination from an individual. The gladiators did not expect you to do all that and we truly hope you take this experience and never forget it. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

He smiled and handed him the consolation shirt. Ring Master walked out of Universal Studios. The war was about to start, and someone was going to prevail. Ring Master would eventually make his way to Saturday Night Savage. The show was set to start in a few hours. The hallway was empty, but it allowed him time to clear his mind. He could hear the crowd filling the place as he started getting changed.

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Ring Master's post:
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (08-12-2022), Charlie Nickles (08-12-2022), Dolly Waters (08-12-2022), Raion Kido (08-12-2022)