Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:21 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » XWF War Games 2022
War Masters 6: Genghis Vaughn
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

07-30-2022, 02:05 PM

[Image: warmasters.png]

[Image: tumblr_of6efppJzP1u6oeoao2_r1_540.png]

"The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms."- Genghis Khan

~The horse's breath steamed out of its nostrils, visible in the frigid air, as it pushed itself forward in slow-motion. Its eyes were wide, adrenalized, showing the horse was in full gallop. The camera slowly pans upwards, past the horse's head, to show the armored warrior sitting on its back. Peter Vaughn looks towards us, an intent look on his face as he notches an arrow into the recurve bow and begins to aim.~

This world is a savage place.

~The arrow shoots off, flying past the camera into the distance. There's no way of knowing if it hit its target. Vaughn is already beginning to discard the bow, throwing it away from him as his horse continues to charge forward.~

I know I placed myself in this situation. I had allowed my emotions to get the best of me, destroying that drunken asshole's face with that glass bottle. Whether he deserved it or not, I couldn't control my rage outside the ring. That's how I ended up jailed in a prison cell.

~Return fire slowly flies past Vaughn, but he ignores the fluttering arrows of death. He's reaching behind him now with one arm, grabbing hold of the hilt of his weapon. The beautiful and deadly saber comes out, shimmering in the light as Vaughn begins to position it to his right.~

But Mastermind gave me a way out of my predicament. All I had to do was step through his door, and there would be a way to change my fate. It seemed to be an obvious choice. Yet now, I find myself here, in a time not my own, charging into battle... the stench of death and despair all around me...

~The horse begins to adjust to the left, following its masters' leanings. It continues forward, even as running soldiers come into view. They're abandoning their line, trying to run away from the approaching attackers. The man in front of the horse looks back while scrambling, running into a flag, which constricts around his throat, almost like a tie. Vaughn's arm braces, ready to slice forward.~

And God help me... I've never felt more alive...

~The blade slices through the air, coming downwards on the first hapless soldier, as Vaughn's face is shown. As he brings the saber down upon his enemy, we can see that he's grinning, his eyes locked on the bloodshed about to occur. We hear the sound of a scream... before the shot goes to black.~

There's a visceral thrill to having a foe's blood literally on your hands.

It's something I've felt before in wrestling, that rush of knowing that you've broken your opponent open. Sadly, I've never been allowed to use sabers before. But I will remember the lessons I have learned here.

Of course, some people struggle with that concept, don't they? After all, Calypso seems to think how he's learned from his previous mistakes against me. But has he really? Or is he lying to himself once again? How many losses can you put on the board before it's clear that you're still as idiotic as ever? I'll admit, he even had me fooled for a time, thinking that he could actually be worth something, but that quickly was proven to be an overestimation of his abilities. And thinking he deserves another chance at me after this match? Preposterous. He blew his opportunity, just like he's going to blow War Games for his team. He was so proud of the squad he assembled, too.

Let's talk about NKWC, the one guy I was treating as an equal from his team. He was basically saying I'm a worthless tag-team partner, someone who can't be trusted to stand by his teammates. Well, NKWC? You might have a point. I've never been that great of a team player. I don't like tagging out too often, and I don't really care about following the rules in a tag match. If you're letting me down, I'll walk out, just like I did when Calypso was looking like a useless lump in there. I wouldn't say I'm completely worthless as a partner, however. I did have one teammate that I had a lot of success with, in a short amount of time. A great tag-team wrestler. One of the best. Maybe you've heard of him: a guy named Mark Flynn?

Strange, isn't it? You say I'm useless in tag-team wrestling, yet I won in TPW with Flynn. In your eyes, does that make Flynn that much better? And does that mean that he's the true champion on your team, and not you? Something to ponder, certainly. Of course, none of that matters in War Games. It's an all-out brawl with no tags, no rules, nothing but chaos. I thrive in chaos, NK. You? You're going to be looking to tag out and escape as soon as you get in there. Afraid that's not going to happen, buddy. Your Flynn ain't saving you this time.

Gamey and Carnie? Barely worth talking about. I mean, I'll give this to them: they're the only smart people on their teams, because they realize that I'm the biggest threat to them moving on. But praise isn't going to soften me up. I'm still going to be coming full speed inside that cage, bashing their heads against the steel as hard as humanly possible. Just because you respect me, it doesn't mean I'm going to return the favor.

I only grant respect to those who have earned it. So prove it inside the cage. Show me that you can stand up to the onslaught that awaits you.

But expect that your blood WILL be on my hands...

[Image: Genghis-Khan-swords.gif]

~After a few moments, we see Peter Vaughn seated inside what appears to be a large yurt (or for those uninformed, a circular tent), drinking the liquid that he's been handed. He coughs for a moment, looking into it.~

Vaughn: Is this... watered-down yogurt?

Woman: (It is Airag, oh great Genghis Khan! Your victory drink, as always, warmed to your liking!)

~Vaughn glances at the woman, then shrugs and takes another gulp of the strange liquid. It's not terrible, just... different. He wipes his face with his sleeve, nodding to the woman, who gratefully walks away, probably glad to have not been put to death. Vaughn sits back in his seat, brought all this way through many travels, as he looks over at the guardsman near him.~

Vaughn: Bring the scum forward.

~The guardsman nods, somehow understanding Vaughn despite the language difference, and heads out. Vaughn starts to take another sip, then reconsiders, putting the cup to one side. A bedraggled prisoner is dragged in, looking like he's been put through a meat grinder. He is tossed forward, collapsing in front of Vaughn, immediately going into a prostate position.~

Prisoner: (Please, I beg of you, oh great leader, spare my life...)

~Vaughn considers the man with a sneer, shaking his head.~

Vaughn: So this is the great hero? The one who thought he could rise up and challenge me, believing that he fought for the side of good? This is the fool who cowers before me now, with his mangled face dripping blood onto the ground? I cannot stand the sight of him. You there! Cover this man! Block his face from my view!

~The guard immediately steps forward, grabbing an ugly blue blanket from the side of the room and throwing it over the prisoner's face, covering his looks.~

Vaughn: That's better. You deserve to be covered up, to be hidden away from the world. You are a failure, a disgrace as a fighter. What say you?

Prisoner: (I only wish for another chance, glorious one! I will serve you, working for your goals! I would join your army! Anything to survive!)

~Vaughn seems to consider this offer for a moment, looking over at some nearby advisors who are keeping their mouths shut. Vaughn then begins to laugh, leaning backwards in his chair as he lets it out. The others in the room, sizing up the situation, begin to laugh as well. The masked prisoner sits up, possibly hopeful that his offer will be accepted. But Vaughn leans back forward, suddenly stopping the laughter. He spits at the man, causing him to flinch away.~

Vaughn: You are not worthy enough to join me. If you had come to me, showing courage, standing strong against me, I might have considered it. If you would have fought your hardest, braving death itself, you could have joined my Golden Horde. But you have proven that you don't deserve the opportunity. You deserve nothing... but death.

Prisoner: (No! No, please, show mercy! Spare me! I will do anything for you! Anything!)

Vaughn: There is nothing I would want from you. You are just lucky that torture is banned here. My men... will be quick. Take him!

~The prisoner tries to spring forward to grovel at Vaughn's feet, but he just kicks him away. The guardsmen grab him on either side, dragging him backwards out of the yurt, screaming all the way for mercy. The screams soon end outside of the tent. Vaughn sits back, looking down at the spilled cup on the ground beside him. He shrugs, not worried about it in the least. The cloth doors move aside again, as the guards drag two terrified women into the yurt. They're thrown down at Vaughn's feet, as he looks at them, confused. One of the women is clutching an injured arm to her side, with the other being protective of her.~

Vaughn: And what is this? Why bring these two to me?

Guardsman: (They are the family of the man you just removed from this world. By right, these women are now yours to own for whatever you wish. They are your property now.)

~The two women cower, instinctively covering up their chests with their arms. Vaughn doesn't seem to notice.~

Vaughn: So, will they cook and clean for me? I already have servants that can do that.

Guardsman: (No, oh mighty one, they are yours... to make them submit to you. For you to use them for your own needs.)

~Vaughn looks confused for a few more seconds, then finally puts it together. The ace/aro wrestler starts shaking his head, but then realizes that denying a well-known trait of Genghis Khan could be dangerous. He thinks about it for a moment, looking down at the spilled cup again.~

Vaughn: The airag is disagreeing with me at the moment. Take them away and keep them safe for me. I will... claim them later.

~The guardsman nods with an evil grin, and the two women are taken away. The injured one's whimpers are quickly quieted by the other woman, knowing that they have at least avoided catastrophe today. Vaughn looks to feel the same way, sitting back in relief against his seat.~

Vaughn: Being a ruler isn't always easy, is it?

~Vaughn laughs to himself, but then sits forward again at the sound of screams coming from outside the yurt.~

Woman: (The air! It burns! The air is on fire! Help us, Genghis Khan!)

~Vaughn immediately jumps forward, running out of the yurt, ready to confront whatever comes his way. But he stops in amazement, taking in the glowing field of light that stands before him.~

via GIPHY

This war is getting more and more interesting by the minute.

I thought there were a few fascinating competitors already that might meet my team in the finals of War Games. But having Chris Page and Dick Powers join up, along with my partner, Thad? The quality just went through the roof in this one. I know, many have complained about it. I've heard the cries of "cheating" from our opponents, who are basically wetting the bed with night terrors thinking about facing Mastermind, Dolly, Thad, & myself. But for me? Adding better foes is a tremendous decision.

I always want to fight the best, because you only get somewhere when your competition matters.

Once we send the Speed Runners to a fatal error screen, the War Masters will be ready to dominate in the finals. I will admit, there are some powerful teams out there. Jenny Myst gave herself the deal of the century by picking the new Universal Champion, Raion Kido, as her top contender. Sure, she fucked up after that, as she picked the wrong Vaughn, plus Martin proved himself to be a horrendous tag-team partner, but Kido's still a win. The big problem I see there? Kido also just gained a MASSIVE target on his back.

Every single person is now going to look for their opportunity to injure him inside the cage. If he's weakened after the PPV, anyone could dethrone him and ruin his new "Alias-Killer" reputation. Trust me, I'm hoping that Kido makes it through to the finals to face me. Honestly, I like the kid, but that doesn't mean I'm not keeping an eye on that beautiful belt around his waist.

As for Myst, well, her time is limited. No more cheap tricks to escape your fate. Hell, if I wasn't already the Supercontinental Champion, that TV Title would be around my waist right now. In fact, the more I look at this, I think it's Kido vs. an entire team. His partners are going to let him down, and he's likely to be destroyed. So, sad as it is to say, I suppose I'm expecting to see Ned Kaye's team in the finals.

Hey, Ned, how's the nutsack feeling?

Gotta give it to Kaye, signing Jason Cashe, Mac Bane, and Ring Master was quite a feat. That may be the most powerful team besides my own. That being said, I've fought Cashe and Bane before, and I feel good about taking them on again. RM is probably their weakest link, which means I think I can squash him as well. As for Ned, well, I'm afraid low blows are legal in this contest. Remember, protection is your friend... although even a solidly made cup will break after multiple blows. Ah well.

So let's look at the other match. Latina Submission Machina has put together... a laughingstock of a team. Seriously. Tommy Wish? Unknown Soldier? I don't even know who Mercy is. Let 's just put this team aside, because Oswald's makeshift squad is getting through.

I mean, c'mon, Page & Powers are such an upgrade, especially when you've already got Bourbon. And best of all, Ozzy can't run from the cage once he's locked in! So that guarantees he has to actually fight!

I know Chris will have no problems with me going full power against him. The guy loves to fight. And he won't hold it against me if I wipe him out in there. It's just business, after all, and me beating Page just adds more luster to my name. Same goes for Bourbon, I'd love a win over him. As for Powers... well, Dick, meet fist.

Looking at these matches, it's clear to me who the final teams are going to be. It just depends which groups bring the numbers. That said, once I'm in the finals, anything goes, right? I want this victory. I NEED this victory. If my team joins me in it, then alright. If my team disappoints, then we'll see what happens, won't we? But I don't plan on letting anyone stand in my way towards taking the War Games trophy home with me.

Whoever makes it through to the end, whoever drags their sorry, beaten corpses into that cage, you're just stepping out of the frying pan... and into the inferno. Prepare for the Plunge.

~Vaughn waits, his saber drawn, watching as the white flames continue to dance in the air. His troops have formed circles around the site, prepared to join their leader in glorious conflict. The flames finally begin to coalesce, giving us what appears to be a doorway. After a moment, Dolly Waters steps through. But this is Waters as Vaughn has never seen before. She almost seems to be glowing, as she stares over at Vaughn and his weapon.~

Vaughn: That's a new look for you, Dolly. Did Mastermind send you to get me?

Waters: Our work in these times is done, Peter. We were only here to learn of our true nature. To have these ancient instincts, and experiences lived through our bodies, and now…

~Dolly looks down upon her hands where flames dance and writhe with anticipation for vengeance, and then to Vaughn’s glowing saber, it’s dominion of the Universe shining out for all of the warriors of the world to see. ~

Waters: …now the spirits of the warriors within us remember what we are. We are being called now to the war of the future. The vengeance of the martyr. The rule of the universe. The dream of the artist. The strategy of the master. It is time that we be unleashed in War Games.

~Vaughn thinks about it for a moment, then begins a low, soulless laugh. He looks at Dolly with a smirk.~

Vaughn: I suppose... if it's a war you need to win... then I've got the army for you... isn't that right, my soldiers? Are we ready for battle once again??

~There is a roar among the savage troops all around them as Vaughn raises his saber high in the air. He revels in their reaction, seemingly ready for a bloody, violent war. We fade out.~

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Peter Vaughn's post:
Dolly Waters (07-30-2022), NorthKoreanWarCriminal (07-30-2022), Raion Kido (07-31-2022), Theo Pryce (07-31-2022)