Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:11 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » XWF War Games 2022
It's Dangerous To Go Alone
Game Girl Offline
(ง︡'-'︠)ง

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

07-30-2022, 07:00 PM Star  It's Dangerous To Go Alone -->

[Image: KncxSFg.gif]

In the outskirts of Narfinex City, residing in a small workshop beside the high, stone walls. An elderly man sits beside our hero, a welding mask over his face and only ghostly strands of white hair peaking from the top of his head. Game Girl winces as sparks fly from the arc welder beside her. A sneer of pain crosses Game Girl’s face as she stares into the middle distance; the constant buzz of the welder grows louder and louder until it drowns out the sound of the obnoxious yet ominous pop music playing over the radio.

Black creeps in from the side, hastily eating away the pixels of color distorting the image of Game Girl as the scene switches into a forest on fire. Embers fly through the air as pillars of charred smoke leak in from all-around. Game Girl kneels, bloody and beaten; she pants heavily her strands of azure hair dropping raindrops of sweat. Her knee twists, a shock of panic hitting her face as a figure approaches. She grasps the torn stump where her arm used to be as a large, gauntleted hand comes into view. Game Girl’s brow lowers; the corner of her mouth twitching as staggered breaths leave her battered lungs.

“Why?” She asks, fully expecting no answer. “Why would you do this?”

The figure says nothing, a blood-red cape billowing behind him as he circles around Game Girl stopping at the oversized Warhammer in the scorched grass. Paige looks down at her weapon and back up to the towering menace who slowly reaches down and lifts the hammer with ease; twirling the handle in his gauntlet and measuring the weight as he walks over to Game Girl.

“Just know…” A distorted voice spills from him, backed with venomous bile and malice as he tips the head of the Warhammer to Game Girl’s cheek. “... You caused all of this.”

GG pupils shake; her eyes darting to the bodies of soldiers then back to General Big Bad cuts of static accompanied with loud, alien crunches of sound show the bodies replaced with those of her teammates and back to Big Bad reeling the Warhammer back before a flash of brilliant white and a helpless scream.

“Agh!”

Game Girl pants as beads of sweat flow down her. The droning buzz stops as the engineer lifts his welding helmet and inspects GG.

“You okay? Didn’t hurt cha’ did I?”

It takes a second for Game Girl to realize where she is, looking at the wrinkled eyelids and fancy white mustache on the face in front of her. Swallowing the lump in her throat she speaks. She places a delicate over the engineers.

“Nope, I am in great emotional turmoil but thank you for your concern.”

GG gently pats the engineer’s hand with a kind smile. He gives a concerned look before clearing his throat and putting the arc welder down.

“Well young lady, y’all fixed up.”

Game Girl examines the steel arm attached to her with a twist and curls her fingers in rhythm to a mechanical whir, a smirk sticks onto her face as she lifts the arm admiring it.

"So cool."

She bends her wrist before forming a tight fist, the metal shifting together giving the sound of a sword unsheathing. The engineer removes his gloves and wipes sweat from his brow with a rag.

“That right there is the peak of robotics. Adamantium overcoat with mithril lining, a crystalline battery fueled by Redstone; strong enough to punch a hole through an adult Rathalos yet precise enough to pluck a splinter out of a Squif’s eye. Unbreakable and ee-ree-placeable.”

GG nods politely not knowing half of these words.

“I can’t thank you enough! How can I repay you?”

“Well.” The engineer hitches his thumbs into his overalls. “I think 100,000g will cover the cost.”

( 0 _0)

“Of course, we can make those monthly payments.”

“S-sure! Say 5g a month?”

The engineer squints.

"You do realize that will take over a thousand years."

Game Girl counts on her fingers and looks up to the ceiling before cracking a nervous laugh.

"Ye-yeah that's doable, right?"

The engineer sighs, grabbing a nearby tool and raising it with a theatrical shake. GG frowns as she places her robot arm back down on the bench with a mournful grimace. Just then the doors open to the shop, and Princess stands bathed in the sunlight flanked by guards on either side. As she enters, a small toad person raising the fringe of her dress to not be dirtied, the engineer halts his work and goes to the ground in a bow. Game Girl rolls her eyes, relaxing her fist against her cheek. Princess smiles at the engineer.

"Please, sir, there's no need to bow when I enter your place of work."

The engineer slowly stands to his feet.

"Your highness, if I knew you were coming I would have grabbed my Dyson vacuum and spruced the place up."

Princess covers her mouth with a delicate giggle before waving it.

"Oh please, engineer, there's no need for you to run and grab your Dyson at the smallest inconvenience. It's truly an honor to admire your work process with my own eyes." Princess looks around at the scrap heap hovel. "Although it is an uncoordinated mess, not like a Dyson could help that though."

"Hey." GG interrupts with a wave of her new shiny arm. "You here to pay my bill, Princess?"

"The bill has already been taken care of."

GG smirks and gives a nod.

"That's kind of you, I appreciate it."

"Oh not by me." Princess walks up closer to Game Girl. "Your friend, Hanari is it? He paid your bill and subsequently broke our economy too."

"Hanari paid for it?" GG's eyes widen as she shoots up from the chair. "Wait! Hanari is here!? Did they all make it here!?"

Stars light up in Game Girl's eyes as she clasps her hands into a joyous prayer.

"Hanari is or was here, flushed the markets with more gold than we can count as well as something called 'premium currency. Your other friend…" Princess looks behind her briefly and whispers this closer to GG. "The War Criminal!" Shooting Game Girl a look before adjusting her posture. "Has made some great headway towards Mt. Final Boss I believe, although his methods are odd."

"Well." GG shrugs. "At least he's got results, and don't worry Princess, he steps out of line and I'll wallop him back to Pyongyang."

"What's Pyongyang?"

"No idea, I just keep hearing people say it. What of The Blue Tango?"

Princess raises an eyebrow.

"Who?"

"The Blue Tango!” Game Girl turns her palms expectantly. “The light in the darkness! Friend to all people! Vanquisher of evil! THAT Blue Tango."

Princess stays silent for a second before looking at her guards who shrug with a muffled "I dunno" from under their helmets. Princess turns back to Game Girl.

"Some bald gremlin fell into The Lands Between?"

Realisation sets onto GG's face.

"Ooohhh biscuits. I should probably go help him."

"That's a smart idea."

GG gives a nod and curls her robotic hand into a fist.

"And maybe on the way I'll find Blue Tango!"

“... Sure!”

Our hero smiles and squeezes past Princess and her guards, heading towards the door. Princess spins around before GG exits.

“Hey, these teammates of yours, are you sure they’re up to the challenge?”

GG stops in her tracks, her robotic hand clasping the door frame as she looks over her shoulder.

“Honestly? Yeah, I think they will be. I feel guilty that I just dragged them here, unsure of what they’ll come up against but that’s what teammates are for, to help each other.” GG turns fully around to face Princess. “And when we go kick Big Bad’s butt so hard he’ll be respawning with missing teeth, I’ll return the favor on Urf and make sure they all go on to win War Games. Even if it costs me another arm.”

Game Girl steps out backwards with a confident grin, placing two fingers slightly in her mouth and letting out a loud whistle. She throws her robotic arm in the air as her personal cloud swoops in and picks her up; flying away from the city. Princess exits the workshop as GG flies high away into the sky, she laughs to herself before smiling widely as the scene shifts up towards the sun shining brightly in the sky.

Beside a long destroyed bridge in a Lovecraftian nightmare of cobblestone and horror; the skeletal remains of a great dragon lay still across from Game Girl stepping down from Nimbus. GG walks around the silent horrorscape, examining her surroundings. She notices the blood spills around her, the scattered weapons and dust filled armor littering the grass. She inhales deeply and exhales with a smirk.

“Ah, breathe in that stagnation! Such good memories.”

Game Girl takes a seat on the ground and rifles through her satchel taking out odds and ends and placing them to the side in search for something specific; a Chaos Emerald? No. Ocarina of Time? Nope. Keyblade? No, you get the joke now right? It goes on for some time until Game Girl retrieves a White Soapstone and begins to write her name on the ground. The sign glows with mystical energy as GG places her belonging back into her satchel. The luminescence of the summoning sign ebbs like light hitting water, casting shadows on her face as she rests her head in her hands.

“Now we wait.”

Game Girl sits in silence for two seconds before groaning and falling on her back.

“This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring!”

GG lifts her robotic arm up and examines it closely, her reflection coming up warped and faded. Her arm drops with a loud thud which leaves an impact in the soil. She sits up with her legs crossed and looks around, her eyes fall upon a broken statue and the clouds begin to part as light shines upon it; a roar sounds loudly followed by a grand thud and Game Girl’s comes crashing into the statue; Game Boy runs into frame carrying a broadsword and removes rubble from GG’s body.

“Paige! You okay!?”

Game Boy removes the stone from GG whose noises of laughter grow louder as her face is uncovered.

“Dude! Did you see how far I went!?”

GB gives a laugh as a smile grows.

“Bopped you real good! He’s got an arm on him.”

Game Girl flips herself over onto her feet dusting herself off and retrieving her magical Warhammer from her satchel as her and Game Boy glare at the approaching giant. GG cracks her neck.

“First one to fell it gets to choose where to eat!”

Game Boy rushes the enormous creature with a giddy laugh, raising his sword. As Game Girl rolls her eyes.

“GB we eat at the same place every week anyway!”

She rest the Warhammer on her shoulder as she watches GB somersault away from the monsters attack and making precise stabs, a smile never leaves her face and the laughter builds up once more as she readies her weapon.

“Fine! You’re on you dingleweed!”

Our hero rushes into battle with her friend, both of them attacking in turn as the back of blue hair fills the our view as the sound of laughter and battle quickly cuts and we go to Game Girl’s face, shrouded in overcast with bags under her eyes. She looks back at her new arm, her hand pushing down the soil as a caterpillar climbs the metal. She lifts her hand with a grin.

“Things used to be all fun and games.”

She examines the caterpillar and her smile turns to a frown.

“Then war comes and changes everything. It really blows.”

“Like, me and Game Boy joined the XWF because it was supposed to be fun. We fought bad guys here because it was fun… Now, everything has changed.”

“This world is getting darker.”

“And people don’t know how to have fun anymore.”

“No, instead we see visions of Mastermind’s children being stuck in a real war, Dolly is just throwing profanity out hoping that some words she’s saying actually hurt instead of making her appear juvenile and being a poor student of the John Samuels school of teaching, Peter Vaughn is trying to cover up abandoning Calypso by lying basically and Thaddeus Duke proves that you don’t have to be good at insulting people to have a career here. He’s honestly kind of an inspiration.”

“Thaddeus even admitted that he joined War Masters because Dolly called him. I mean, if it was a decision by the big bosses then it’d be fine, but the fact that Dolly undermined not only her bosses, but her own captain by making that call shows such a lack of respect and teamwork it honestly gives me a migraine. At least no one really objected to Duke joining the team unlike what happened with Sudden Death, I guess people realized that they really needed the help :)”

The caterpillar begins to crawl up GG’s arm.

“Thaddeus Duke is a really good fighter but I do think he should check his ego some. Saying he wouldn’t refer to himself as the GOAT because he doesn’t need to tell people what he is when he’s still in the petting zoo. Saying he’s back and it’s a big deal when he’ll be back in two months anyway for another one-off, like he did before when he failed to secure a good ‘retirement’ before going to another wrestling company where he can be above average once again. It’s honestly sad seeing how far the apple fell from the tree; Sebastian Duke was a threat! He was a huge deal, even when he started falling off the deep end, he had an aura and amazing mysticism about him.”

“Thaddeus is cute and boring, copy pasting his father’s promos but with a bland twist and claiming he’s better than his dad.”

“How exactly?”

“Because you beat him after he hasn’t wrestled for however long?”

“That’s not an achievement, Thaddeus, that’s patting yourself on the back for not wetting the bed.”

“I believe you can be better, but you have to prove it. Yes, you’ve reached great heights but like the tallest diving board you’ve hopped on it before falling all the way back down and flailing only managing to cause small waves before swimming to the deep end to borrow more talent from the parent you so despise.”

The caterpillar comes all the way up to GG’s shoulder, Game Girl gives a very light pat to the creature’s head.

“Perhaps lend some to Dolly as she flails in shallower waters than yourself as the only thing she does is root on people who paint bigger targets on those she represents. I meant what I said last time Dolly, I do truly pity you. You’re the poster child of wasted potential and instead of doing literally anything about it… You refuse. Why? And all this rage and anger comes out in such toxic ways, and pretty underwhelming ways. Honestly, Dolly, you have beaten me twice, once with help and once on your own and you couldn’t come up with anything better than what you gave?”

“A better wrestler wouldn’t have let me live that down, a better wrestler would have ruined my confidence in a devastating way! But you couldn’t manage that!? I could have done that! And I’m really nice! Instead you compare me to a mobile game and say aesthetics wrong? How could you have missed the ball so ultimately?”

“Try harder, Dolly. This year is your chance to compete, look around at the competition and half of them are on your level but you’re too submissive to even realize it. It’s depressing, Dolly… And yet you still command more respect than Mastermind…”

“Who, despite being the worst wrestler and talker in the company, does spit straight facts. Yes, Mastermind, I am a video game. Great job. You just keep focusing on not having an aneurysm and you’re doing great, sir.”

“Then there’s Peter Vaughn, who may have had an aneurysm. Peter, sir, you do know who won promo of the month, correct? How can someone as charismatic and hard-working as Calypso be the weak link in your tag match? It’s quite mind-blowing to see how oblivious you truly are, perhaps that’s the effects from being homegrown from a backwoods nothing company and coming into one with some prestige… Some. And not to talk down your roots, but it is the truth… Sorry.”

The caterpillar crawls past GG’s shoulder and down her back.

“Attacking each one of you individually doesn’t really count for much anyway; while you show the efforts of Mastermind’s children in some inane and, very oddly contrive, future war, War Games World Record Speedrun 100% Any% are actually doing something that matters now. They risked everything to help me, they’ve put there lives on the line for what was a stranger. I owe them everything and I will give them everything I have, 100% Any%.”

“I might not be a sole survivor, I’ll admit that, but I gurantee I will get them there. I will do my absolute best to make sure they get the shot of happiness they deserve. And if winning War Games makes them happier, even in the slightest, then I will do whatever it takes to make that happen.”

“And at the end of the day, we’re all gonna look at War Masters, offer a handshake and say GG EZ.”

A grin creeps onto GG as the light front he summon sign shines a brilliant light into our hero’s eyes. Shocked she stands up straight and readies herself.

“Welp.” Game Girl cocks her arm like a shotgun. “Time to-WOAH WHAT DID I JUST DO!?!?”

SPECIAL STAGE COMPLETE!

[Image: mAmAfiJ.png]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Game Girl's post:
Dolly Waters (07-30-2022), NorthKoreanWarCriminal (07-30-2022), Raion Kido (07-31-2022), The Blue Tango (07-31-2022), Theo Pryce (07-31-2022)