Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-23-2024, 05:51 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "CCPE Cannabis Cup 2022" RP Board
..what was that?
rickyrodriguez Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-08-2022, 04:05 PM

'Wraith. Kimberly Pain. Ashlynn Cassidy. Mark Cross. Holden Ross. Dickie Watson. Dane Preston. Mac Bane. Austin Ramsey. Hayley Halsey. Paul Montouri. Corey Smith. Michael Graves. Latina Submission Machina. Krystal Wolfe. Apathy. Bobby Bourbon. Justin York. Brittani Helms. Betsy Granger. Ken Davidson. Krystal Zdunich. Sebastian Everett Bryce. Jessie Salco. Gerard Angelo. Jason Cashe. Levi Russow. Mark Flynn. Diamond Steele. Thunder Knuckles. And Cholo.

These are the men and women I..potentially..hafta get through in order to win this whole damn thing. Yet..I'm only gonna hafta go through..mayybee..a handful of them. That's one of the most intense things bout these kinda tournaments. You don't know what's waitin for you in the next round..or the one after that. Really keeps you on edge..y'know?

So..what's a guy to do? What's a guy to do to prepare for a situation in which he can't really be prepared for? He prepares for it all. He sits his ass down..and he studies..he watches..and he prepares himself as if he hadda face each and every one of those individuals. Now..I know that sounds like alottabit but such is life.

Luckily for me, I have more than just some experience with a fair number of this group. That's gonna help. Few bad feelins that can be rectified here. But that's not what this is about. This kinda event? It's worth sooo much more than just petty squabbles and even pettier people. Win this kinda event and none of that matters..none of them matter. Win this kinda event and nobody will ever forget who you are.

That's what I'm after..that's the impression I wanna leave on this business. An unforgettable one. The most important one. But in order to do that..Ima hafta tear through each and every fuckin person in front of me. Somethin I'm more than ready..able..and willin to do. But first? It's time to partyy~'

The sun shone brightly overhead, surrounded by a cloudless blue sky. A warm temperature and light breeze made this the perfect day to spend at a beach. Which is exactly what Ricky Rodriguez had in mind. And what better way to do it than with three of your most favorite people in the whole ass world?

Big Ass Bobby, Alessa Holloway, and his loving wife Jennie Fenix were those three people. Nobody he spent more time with. Nobody he knew better. Nobody he trusted more. With the surge of high profile matches and events on the horizon, this is exactly what Ricky needed to get his head cleared and ready for what needed to be done.

Ricky and Bobby ran around the beach, chasing after one another. A game of tag might seem like a pretty childish thing but it's Ricky, who's really super surprised about that? Plus running in the sand proves to be more beneficial than running on pavement anyway so hah. Laughter filled the air as the two continued to run after one another. Both of them shirtless, the smaller of the two brothers wore a pair of black and red swimming trunks while the other wore a pair of camouflage ones.

Jennie and Alessa, the two of them laid out on that beach, getting a bit of sun. The warmth of the sand beneath them combined with the blazing sun overhead was quite the relaxing experience. Jennie was decked out in a neon green and dark blue bikini, dangerously close to spilling out of her top. While Alessa, she rocked it out in a metallic red slingshot kinda thing.

They watched on as Bobby caught up with Ricky, the two of them crashing together and falling to the sand. After wrestling around a bit, Ricky managed to slip away from Bobby and get back to his feet. Brushing himself off a bit, Ricky offered up a hand to Bobby who took it, getting up to his feet as well.

Big Ass Bobby: 'How are you feeling about The Cup?'

A soft sigh rolled free from Ricky as he gave a rather nonchalant shrug of his shoulders. Concern showed on Bobby's face as he tilted his head, looking at his younger brother.

Big Ass Bobby: 'That doesn't sound like you. Is everything okay?'

Pausing for a moment, Ricky gave it a bit of thought before speaking back up.

Ricky Rodriguez: 'Nah, I'm good, I'm just feelin really..swamped..I guess. There's alottabit goin on and I'm really not even tryinta think bout all that right now.'

Big Ass Bobby: 'That's totally understandable, Ricky. You're doing a lot. Maybe even too much, you think?'

As much as Ricky didn't want to admit it, Bobby had a point. He was signed to four different promotions. The sponsorship deal with Elevated. Not to mention the side projects, not even having to do with wrestling. It was safe to say Ricky's plate was loaded to the brim.

Ricky Rodriguez: 'I mean..yeah..things have been pretty busy..really fuckin hectic, sure. And yeah, it feels like I'm always gettin ready for a match..or there's a photoshoot..or some kinda business meetin. It's like there ain't much time for shit else, y'know?'

Bobby nodded his head knowingly. He knew it wasn't the easiest thing in the world for Ricky to talk about so Bobby decided to just keep quiet and let him vent to his heart's desire. Ricky's eyes closed briefly as a sigh slipped free from behind his lips.

Ricky Rodriguez: 'It sucks cause like..I wanna do everythin. I wanna get in on every possible thing I can, y'know? These big promotions. This huge ass one off shows. All the business deals. I want it all, Bobby. This is the kinda life I want..the kinda life I busted my ass to get to, y'know? And if I gotta feel like I'm a lilbit drug out or tired at times..then that's what I gotta do.'

Big Ass Bobby: 'Ricky..'

Bobby placed a single hand on his shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

Big Ass Bobby: 'I know what it took for you to get where you're at. I know what you went through to get here..what you've sacrificed to get here. But that was then. You're here now and I know you're not going to stop. No matter what it takes, I know you're going to keep going..and I know you're going to sacrifice. But where does it end?

Look at how close you were with the people in Fight. You were always right there with them. You were so close. Then you started doing more and more and started hanging out less and less. I get that sometimes it's what you have to do but you have to be careful and keep that balance of business and personal going. There's some things you don't want to sacrifice.'

Turning his head to the side, Bobby looked over where Jennie and Alessa laid only to look back at Ricky with a tilt of his head. Ricky sighed softly, nodding his head a bit, as if to agree with Bobby. His gaze lingered on Jennie, a soft smile growing out across his face.

With the two of them being a good distance away from Jennie and Alessa, their conversation couldn't be heard by the two of them, at all. Jennie returned Ricky's smile as she heard Alessa speak up.

Alessa Holloway: 'It's nice to see them having fun.'

Jennie Fenix: 'I wonder what they're talking about..'

Alessa Holloway: 'Probably something dumb.'

The both of them laughed out in unison, Jennie shaking her head. With their conversation concluded, Ricky and Bobby made their way back over to those two. The rest of their day couldn't have gone better, except for the volleyball game, of course.

It was going pretty much back and forth, the score remaining as closely as possible. That is until Jennie 'accidentally' fell out of her bikini top, causing Ricky to be understandably distracted. Bobby cracked a few jokes at Ricky's expense but after a few more serves and Alessa had the same kind of slip, it was Ricky's turn to laugh and joke.

Accidental or not, Jennie and Alessa kept the momentum in their favor and picked up the win. The four of them laughed and cut up and just had a really good time as the day went on. The sun was beginning to set and they were relaxing on that sand. Ricky sat on the sandy beach, Jennie sitting between his legs, his arms wrapped around her. Alessa stood in front of Bobby, relaxing back against him. The four of them found themselves getting lost in the sight before them, just totally at peace.

Before it got too dark, Ricky and Bobby got a good fire going. The four of them sat around it, talking about anything and everything as the night went on. Ricky lit up a preroll and started to pass it around between them all. Alessa wasn't sure where the thought came from, probably the pot, but once it hit, an inquisitive look grew out across her features as she looked at Ricky.

Alessa Holloway: 'You remember Eddie from high school?'

Taking a long drag off of it, he thought about her question as he passed it off to Jennie. It took him a moment but it was visible when he remembered.

Ricky Rodriguez: 'Ohshit, yeah! He was in our homeroom, wasn't he? Always fuckin off in class. Was funny as hell tho.'

She nodded in agreement, taking the joint handed to her. While those two talked, Bobby gazed off into the distance, it not being really clear what he was looking at. Alessa noticed this and nudged his side, breaking his concentration. Shaking his head, as if to recover himself, he looked at Alessa.

Big Ass Bobby: 'Hm..what?'

Alessa Holloway: 'Are you okay?'

Big Ass Bobby: 'Yeah, I was just looking at someone.'

He motioned his head to the side. Off in the distance, there was an unknown person standing completely still. The moonlight made it just visible to let them know that it's someone but any features beyond that were unknown. All of them looked over in that direction, seeing exactly what Bobby was looking at.

Jennie Fenix: 'Well, that's not creepy at all.'

Jennie scooted closer to Ricky, leaning up against him. Bobby and Alessa moved so they could sit but still see that figure off in the distance. They resumed their conversations, the entire time that figure not moving from where it stood. The unease eventually grew into worry which grew into a sense of foreboding.

Big Ass Bobby: 'Reminds me of this story dad told me once.'

Ricky's head perked up as he looked over at Bobby, curiosity visibly growing within the young man. Bobby picked up on it and started telling his story.

Big Ass Bobby: 'He was telling me about this time they were at the beach. Some night fishing, they'd done it hundreds of times before, no big deal. They saw someone out there, just like that..just standing. They were packing their things up and watched that figure out there while they did. Next thing they knew, it just dropped..collapsed to the ground.

From what dad said, grandpa was a really good guy and wanted to see if they needed help. So, they ran across the beach until they got where whoever it was collapsed. But there was nobody there and yet..you could see, in the sand, where they fell and laid there. Like..the indent.

Never once did they see anyone run up to him so they weren't sure why they collapsed. And beyond that, there was nothing that showed they got up. Nothing that showed anyone walked up to them. Just the indent of their body in the sand.'

Ricky, Jennie, and Alessa hung to his every word as he spoke them. Ricky took the last hit off of that joint, tossing the end into the fire. He looked away from Bobby for just a moment, looking off into the distance at that figure. It looked almost as if it was closer than it was before.

Big Ass Bobby: 'But..it was more than that, it didn't just end there. They packed up all their equipment and left. It took him a while but dad fell asleep once he got home. He said..he was woken out of a really deep sleep. It was like something was on his chest..and he couldn't breath. Once his eyes opened up, he saw something above him..on top of him.

It was like a shadow. No face. No real form to it. Just a shadowy mass. Dad couldn't move an inch so he just laid there. Whatever it was, it got down, right up in his face. It was like it wanted to tell him something and dad knew what it was. There wasn't a word exchanged but dad said he knew exactly what it said.

He never told me what it was but the whole time he was telling me about it, he looked nervous about it..like he expected whatever it was to swoop back in and snatch him up. I never saw that look from him except for when he told me that story.'

A chill ran through Ricky's spine, causing him to shudder a bit. Shaking his head, Ricky looked out in the distance once more. Only this time, he saw nothing. Whatever it was that was standing out there was gone. Quickly, Ricky shook his head before looking from Bobby to Jennie.

Ricky Rodriguez: 'So! This was fun but uhh, we should prolly..y'know..go.'

There wasn't a word of disagreement from any of them. Ricky and Bobby focused on ensuring that fire got put out while Jennie and Alessa made sure they left nothing behind. Suffice to say, it took them no time whatsoever to be loaded up and driving out of there. Looking into the rearview mirror, Ricky could've sworn he saw something standing in the distance, where their site was.

Closing his eyes tightly, for just a moment, he took in a deep breath before opening his eyes and seeing nothing there. Shaking his head, he turned to face Jennie, the two leaning against one another. With Bobby driving, Ricky really wanted to just push away the whole ass happening and get his focus back to where it needed to be: The Cannabis Cup.

'This is it. It's comin up time to put all these preparations to work. Everythin I've learned bout all of these people. Everythin I've done to make myself better for this event. It's time to lay it all out on the line like that. I know I can do this. As good as everyone else in this is..I know I can be better. Better mentally. Better physically. Just..fuckin..better.

The people I have behind me..they know I can do this. They know I can stay outta my head long enough to do what hasta be done. And they're right. I can do all of this. I know I can be as good as they think I can be. I can give them a reason to praise me. I can give them a reason to be proud of me. Yeah, I've hit my speed bumps..hell, I've straight up crashed into the fuckin wall to get where I am.

But each and every time? I've recovered. I've gotten over each of those speed bumps. I've pulled myself from the wreckage and I've kept fuckin goin. Nothin can stop me from accomplishin this. I deserve this. More than any of the others in this whole ass thing.

I push myself harder than they do. I take this more seriously than they do. Each and every time I'm on camera..whether it be for a talkin thing like this or for a match. I put myself out there, a hundred percent. My strengths. My weaknesses. I lay it all out there for the whole fuckin world to see. I have nothin to hide, good or bad, from anyone.

I have given every bit of myself, body and mind..to this business and cause of that this business has returned the favor. As much as I've given it's given me back in return. Money. Notoriety. Accomplishments. Love. But it's not enough..I want more..I need more. I wanna be able to walk down that street and be recognized from every corner. And I'm on my way to that..I'm inchin closer..and closer..and closer to that.

But by winnin this? By provin to everyone that I am truly better than everyone else in this tournament? It'll put me that much closer to where I wanna be. I'm so fuckin close..I can taste it. I just gotta couple more corners to turn and there it is. Right there for the takin. It's mine..and I don't care who I hafta go through..or what I hafta do..I'm takin everythin.

My name is Ricky Rodriguez and I will be the winner of the Cannabis Cup.'

The sound of Ricky's voice led into a reveal. A local gym would be the backdrop for this piece of footage. Off in one section of that gym was a wrestling ring and laying in the middle of it was Ricky Rodriguez. His arms extended out on either side of him, he stared up at the slightly dim lights above him.

There was a rarely seen stoicness to the expression of Ricky. He laid completely still, his chest rising and falling steadily. Those thoughts ran through his mind at a mile a minute. Parting his lips, he managed to pluck individual thoughts from the jumbled mass he had to contend with.

Ricky Rodriguez: 'There's nothin I won't do to be successful. No line I won't cross. No person I won't leave behind if I hafta. I know it's fucked up to say..but it's facts. It's the nature of this business. If someone isn't a benefit then there's no place for them. It's disheartenin, to say the least, but I've worked too fuckin hard for too fuckin long to let anythin hold me back.

Relationships. Sahara, she deserves every bit of happiness she has now and she's a good friend. But when we were together, she was like..a spike covered anchor. She brought me down and fucked my head to the point that I wasn't doin what I know I can do in that ring. So, I broke free before I drowned. I did what I hadda do in order to find that success.

Tag Teams. In Liberty Pro, me and Marisol Vilaro, we were in a group with Kenzie Rydell. Things started off great, everyone benefited from it. But then they weren't. Kenzie thought she could stand on us to elevate herself. Fuck that. Nobody is gonna boost themselves at my expense, not if I have anythin to say bout it. So..we jumped her. We beat the shit out of her and kicked her to the curb. And to really emphasize our point?

We were on her ass like a shadow. We hounded her and cost her every opportunity she had. I watched her spiral and I fuckin loved it. And in the end? I'm still in Liberty. I'm still pullin in all the attention and Kenzie is nowhere to be found.'

Taking in a breath, Ricky nodded his head. Rolling up to a kneel, Ricky pushed the rest of the way up until he was on his feet.

Ricky Rodriguez: 'And that's just what I've done so far. Each time..it's gotten easier. Easier to do what I hafta do for success here. Easier to toss aside who needs to be tossed aside. Say whatever you wanna say bout me cause of it but it's what works. As much as you don't like it..you can't deny results..you can't deny success. But most importantly? You can't deny me. This is my time.'

A slight smirk crept out across the features of Ricky. Nodding his head in full agreement with his own words, Ricky walked to the ropes and ducked out of that ring before making his exit from that gym, the scene fading away. As it did, a promotional video for the Cannabis Cup rolled, highlighting each and every competitor.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like rickyrodriguez's post:
Theo Pryce (07-09-2022), UndeniableAshC (07-08-2022)