Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-29-2024, 01:57 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
A Spirited Journey, P2
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

07-04-2022, 12:38 PM

The Road So Far:

A Spirited Opportunity

A Spirited Journey, P1

[Image: executive-summary.jpg]

When Peter Vaughn assumed the responsibilities left by his former mentor, the Head Custodian, he knew that it could lead to some strange places. But Vaughn never expected what would happen when he was called to the Adolphus Hotel, one of the most haunted locations in Dallas, in order to search for three missing custodians. Vaughn found himself falling through a black void, trapped in the hotel, while his top associate, Bill, was left on the outside, with no idea what had happened. Strangely, there was no sign of what happened to Vaughn.

In the real world, Bill has been launching a major search, involving all of the Custodial Coalition members he could call in. Their goal: rescue Vaughn and the other custodians and avoid losing a second Head Custodian in only a few months. Bill was 'helped' by a supposed psychic guide who only went by the name of Phil. But Phil's time ended badly in the hotel, as he was clearly rejected for being a charlatan. With Phil sent to the hospital, Bill was then joined by more 'help': the members of competing ghost organizations in the Ghost Hunters and Ghost Nation television shows.

In the spirit world, Vaughn has been searching through the mysterious under-world he found himself in, assuming to himself that it was all another virtual reality prison for him to escape. Even the sighting of a creepy, undead girl did nothing to dissuade his opinion. The girl appeared to do something to Vaughn, changing his outfit and sending him on a long journey, following a path that's led to one of the custodians, Scarlette. Vaughn managed to rescue her from where she was being held, only to then face off against another army of small demonic forces.

It's already chaotic, and we're just getting started, folks. Buckle up.

~The picture opens up with an inside shot of the Adolphus hotel. The fireplace has been lit inside one of the lounge rooms, which is an interesting decision considering that temperatures outside in Texas have been regularly hitting 100 degrees. This could be seen, though, as another sign that the Adolphus Hotel is, indeed, haunted, as it's far colder in the building than it should be.~

[Image: adolphus4.jpg]

~We see one of the ghost hunters, Dave Tango, walk into the room. He checks on a camera nearby, making sure it's up and running, and then moves past the mirror, taking in the fireplace. After a moment, though, Tango turns and walks back in, studying the mirror as if he saw something... or didn't see anything. He gets closer to it, and we now realize that there's no sign of Tango's reflection. He waves his hand in front of it, confused, then taps on the glass.~

Dave Tango: That's really strange. Why have a mirror that doesn't reflect?

~Tango shrugs, not having an answer. Suddenly, there's movement in the mirror, catching his eye. We see another of the ghost hunters, Shari DeBenedetti, appearing. She looks around, apparently talking, but Tango can't hear her. He scratches his head, looking behind him and seeing nothing. He looks back, and Shari is moving through the room, checking on the camera herself.~

Dave Tango: Shari? Shari, can you hear me? What's going on?

~Tango steps forward to check the mirror again. He looks down at the items on the mantel... realizing that the ones that have text are all written in reverse. He gasps.~

Dave Tango: SHARI!! SHAR---

~We switch sides to a shot of Shari, as she finishes making sure the camera is up and running. She gets on her walkie.~

Shari DeBenedetti: This is Shari. I don't know where Tango went, but the camera should be up and running now. Heading back your way.

~Shari walks away, not noticing that the mirror is shaking slightly... as if someone is hitting it from the other side. We seem to zoom out from the shot, now viewing the room from the camera's point of view. There are several monitors set up, allowing for easy access. We see Grant Wilson and Jason Hawes standing side by side, looking annoyed but trying to stay civil for the moment. The current leader of the Custodial Coalition, Bill, is standing behind them, looking like he's wondering how he ever got into a situation like this.~

Grant Wilson: Is Tango slacking off again?

Jason Hawes: Hey, you know Dave, he's a good guy.

Grant Wilson: All I know is, my team's already got all their shots set up. You're the ones holding us up.

Jason Hawes: You mean these terrible angles they chose? You can barely see anything in this room!

Grant Wilson: You can see the door and the bed, what else do you need??

~The two former friends come nose-to-nose, with Bill quickly stepping in.~

Bill: Gentlemen, remember, you've both agreed to work together on this, for the good of the missing people, right?

Jason Hawes: Well, tell this guy to be more of a team player.

Grant Wilson: ME??

Bill: SO... have your teams found anything yet? Or is this going to be a waiting game?

~After a few seconds pass, Jason and Grant finally back down, turning to the cameras.~

Grant Wilson: Even with both teams using all our equipment, it's too big a hotel to fully cover with our cameras. You have teams searching floor to floor?

Bill: Yes. So far, they haven't found anything yet. They have yet to reach the sixth floor, though, which seems to be the most active. You might want to concentrate some of your investigations there.

Jason Hawes: ... You could have told us that BEFORE we placed all our cameras.

Bill: ... Sorry, I just thought of it.

Grant Wilson: I can send my team up there to look around, since they're available.

Jason Hawes: I'll call Steve to join them. We want to make sure there are enough professionals there.

~Grant and Jason glare at each other again, while Bill steps away. He is working to hide a smile, having found a way to send people other than his own custodians into what he deems as the "danger zone". Of course, he has no idea about what just happened to Dave Tango on the first floor; otherwise, he would be making sure he was the first one out of the hotel. The view focuses on another camera angle, this one showing what appears to be a sinister-looking portrait hanging in one of the rooms. You can understand why they decided to put a camera on it.~

[Image: adolphus5.jpg]

~It is a truly bizarre portrait to be hanging in such a prestigious-looking hotel. The shot zooms in, showing the battle between light and dark... ~

~The camera angle seems to shift upside-down, coming to rest on a dark, evil battlefield. We see demonic creatures, growling, then yelping as they're knocked away by the strike of Peter Vaughn. He appears to be having a grand old time, smashing away at all of the creatures that are still within reach. Many of them are in full retreat, not used to such a stiff assault like Vaughn is giving them. Vaughn sends another one flying with a boot, almost like a soccer kick, before he stops, breathing heavily as he looks around for his next opponent. But they're all fading away into the mist, having had enough of The Mechanic for the moment. Vaughn dusts himself off, wincing a little as he rubs his left arm, where he probably took a hit during the melee. He shrugs it off, turning back to where Scarlette is still laying in a seated position, looking shocked at the fact that they weren't both torn to shreds.~

Peter Vaughn: Fat lot of help you were. What is it with me getting terrible tag-team partners lately? First Calypso, then Elijah, and now you! I miss the days when I could count on my teammates, I really do.

Scarlette: What... what the hell are you talking about?? Those were DEMONS! I'm not fighting demons!!

Peter Vaughn: So, you just want to die, is that it?

Scarlette: No, no, I want to live, I swear it!

Peter Vaughn: Then get off your ass and do something about it, girl. Damn!

~Vaughn walks over to the path, pleased to see it's still there. He dusts himself off and waits, as Scarlette slowly gets to her feet and staggers over to him.~

Scarlette: I just want to get out of here. I want to get back to watching my soaps and the Bachelor reruns.

Peter Vaughn: So, the stupidest shows in existence, then?

Scarlette: Hey!

Peter Vaughn: Look, we're going to be spending some time together on this path, so for my sake, let's just keep it quiet, huh? I'm here to save you, but that doesn't mean I have to like you.

~~Scarlette looks legitimately shocked at Vaughn's words.~

Scarlette: But... but every boy likes me!

~~Scarlette strikes a sexy pose, as if to prove a point, but Vaughn's already turned away and is starting up the path.~

Peter Vaughn: Just keep up, idiot...

Scarlette: Wait! Come back!

~Scarlette hurries to catch up, running next to Vaughn. She stays right behind him, glancing in all directions, worried about what's coming next. For Vaughn, he looks rather relaxed, as a good fight always makes him feel a little more alive. It's slowly fading, though, as he continues the monotonous walk on the path.~

Peter Vaughn: I wonder where this path goes, anyway...

Scarlette: It goes that direction.

~Scarlette points ahead. Vaughn stares at her as if she has a third nipple growing out of her forehead.~

Peter Vaughn: ... I MEANT, where is it leading us? To a way out? Or something else?

Scarlette: Oh. I'm going to hope for a way out, okay?

Peter Vaughn: You do that.

~The duo continues on, as they go over another rise. It doesn't make much of a difference in what they can see, though, as the fog is still rather thick around them. But as they go down the hill, Vaughn suddenly stops, with Scarlette colliding with his back.~

Scarlette: Ow!

Peter Vaughn: Quiet! I hear something!

~Vaughn listens for a bit, then starts forward more cautiously. Scarlette looks ready to run away if needed. They start to see something appearing in front of them in the fog, with the strange noises getting louder.~

Noise: Mmmph... MMPH!! MMMPPPHHH!!!

~Ready to fight once again, Vaughn jumps forward... and then stops at the strange sight in front of him. An older man in janitorial overalls is floating in mid-air, apparently suspended in some sort of substance that looks like some sort of ectoplasm. He's completely stuck, with only his eyes able to rotate in order to stare pleadingly in their direction.~

Man: MMMMMMMPPPPHHH!!!

Peter Vaughn: Well, there's something you don't see every day...

~Vaughn steps up, studying the strange, almost jello-like substance that the man is trapped in, as Scarlette looks on in horror. We cut away.~

Some people love mysteries. I'm in more of the "shoot first, ask questions later" camp, myself.

But there is definitely something fascinating about you, Calypso. So many puzzling quirks in the way you work. From looking at it from the outside in, people would just assume you were a joke. A fraud. A goofball.

Which, okay, that last one definitely qualifies.

But the more I study you, CalTech, the more I see the briefest glimpses of something there, something that could be hidden behind your insane antics. It really makes me wonder why you're trying to hide that true self of yours. You may try to deny that but look at what you're doing with your idol there. This "Stone Cold" guy. You're telling him you want to steal his mannerisms. You want to take his entrance music. You want to use his finisher. You basically want to be a clone, apparently. But why? Why would you want something like that?

It does nothing for your career. It really just makes it easier for people to taunt us both, saying that this Supercontinental Title match is actually a mockery of the division. After all, if you're not real enough to use your own moves, why should people take you seriously? Hell, even that Stone Cold said so.

Maybe the main issue I'm having with your fake appearances to the crowd is that it reminds me a little of my old self. As I've said before, back when I just a regular happy-go-lucky wrestler, I would try to put on other people's antics. I would come out to Mike Zybala's music and even try his disappearing/reappearing trick (which never worked well for me, by the way). Or I would march to the ring, trying to act like the tough bastards I watched and pretending I was like them. You know what? That didn't work too well for me.

It was only when I embraced my true self and let the violence flow that I became the wrestler I am today.

So yeah, maybe part of me wants to help you become something more than just a rip-off of a has-been. Maybe I see that part of myself hidden in you, unable to escape the juice boxes and super-hero gear.

Maybe I just see you like my old self enough to truly hate you, because damn, I hate the old me. I'd love to take the old Peter Vaughn and run him through an industrial-strength shredder until nothing was left but particles in the air. And if that's who you are right now? Then I'd rejoice in tearing you apart, to see what might be lurking underneath.

[Image: articleInline.jpg]

Jason Hawes: Steve? Steve, come in.

Grant Wilson: Brian? Kristen? Anyone on the sixth floor? Damn it.

~Jason and Grant are both looking frustrated, as they appear to have lost complete contact with everyone they've sent to the sixth floor. Several of the monitors are now showing nothing but static. Bill is rubbing his head behind the two ghost hunters, upset.~

Bill: I don't think we can take many more disappearances before this place is locked up from us...

Grant Wilson: Hey, I don't know what's going on, but there's only one thing to do now.

Bill: You read my mind. I'll go out and get my car started. We can leave your equipment behind, right?

Grant Wilson: That's not what I meant.

~Grant is staring over at Jason, who finally looks up and meets his gaze. He finally nods back, reaching over and grabbing a few pieces of equipment. He hands them over to Grant.~

Jason Hawes: Just like old times?

Grant Wilson: I'm with you, partner.

~The two men get up and go out the door, as Bill looks after them, stunned.~

Bill: Hold on, we're not leaving? Guys?

~Bill hurries to catch up with the duo. We seem to zoom into one of the still-functioning cameras that seems to show an elevator door from an angle. The doors open... and we see Grant and Jason get out. They walk forward, studying the area, partnering together for the first time in a long while. They start to move out, scanning back and forth down the sixth floor hallway. Behind them, Bill slowly pokes his head out of the elevator.~

Bill: I'll just keep this exit secured, alright?

Jason Hawes: Where do you think they'd be?

Grant Wilson: I don't know. In one of the hotel rooms, maybe? Let me try again.

~Grant brings his walkie back up, pressing the button.~

Grant Wilson: Kristen? Steve? Come in.

Bill: You're supposed to say "Over".

Grant Wilson: Brian? Someone answer me!

Jason Hawes: Hold on... did you hear that?

~Both men freeze in place, listening. They hold this pose for way too long, as they try to hear anything else that might be happening. Finally, Bill can't take the silence anymore.~

Bill: WELL?? What did you HEAR??

Grant Wilson: Calm down, Bill. Panic doesn't help in this situation.

Bill: I'm not panicking, I'm just severely concerned...

Jason Hawes: Grant, talk on the radio again.

Grant Wilson: Hello? Testing, 1-2, hello? Is there anybody there?

~As Grant talks, Jason moves down the hall, finding the sound of the noise he heard earlier. He picks up the walkie talkie from the ground and shows it back to Grant.~

Bill: So... I guess we know why they weren't responding, then.

Jason Hawes: I don't understand. None of this was in the script.

Grant Wilson: ... The script? Damn it, are you still trying to write up these ghost stories instead of sticking to the real thing??

Jason Hawes: Hey, you know most of the places we go are duds, and those don't pay the bills... or bring the ratings. We had some great stuff worked out for this place...

Grant Wilson: This is exactly why I left the team, Jason. When we entered into ghost-hunting, we both believed in the sanctity of real evidence! Now look at you, trying to put on an act for the people!

Jason Hawes: And you were always unyielding, refusing to change even when the network threatened to shut us down! Sometimes for the greater good, you need to tell a few white lies!

Grant Wilson: Never. I'm always going to be the true Ghost Hunter, and you'll always be the fake!

~Jason and Grant square off, as if about to come to blows. Bill is still peeking out from the elevator, unwilling to get close enough to intervene. Just as the two men step forward, though, there's suddenly a scream from further down the hallway. Both men turn that way.~

Grant Wilson & Jason Hawes: Did You Hear That??

Bill: Oh, good grief...

~The three men listen for anything more, as we move down the hallway, slipping past room 616.~

~We find ourselves back in the Down Below, or whatever you want to call this universe. It's really open to interpretation. We see the custodian still floating in the goop in mid-air, unable to free himself. Scarlette is walking around the rectangular structure, considering every angle. She sighs.~

Scarlette: I don't see any signs of a door. How did he get in there?

~The camera focuses briefly on the trapped man, who just rolls his eyes back and forth at the stupidity he's hearing.~

Man: Mmmph! Mmmmmmpppphhh!!!!

Scarlette: I'm sorry, I don't speak Gelatin.

~Looking disappointed, Scarlette turns back, looking for Vaughn. When she sees him, she lets out a little scream.~

Scarlette: OH MY GOD!!

~Scarlette dives away as Vaughn runs forward, heaving a large rock off his shoulder and sending it careening into the strange substance! The man can do nothing but watch the rock come at him. Fortunately for him, though, the rock bounces right off. Unfortunately for Vaughn, it's a return-to-sender variety, and only his quick reflexes enable him to slide out of the way in time. Vaughn grumbles, annoyed at the rock's failure.~

Peter Vaughn: What's it going to take to get through this crap?? Damn, what I wouldn't give right now for some industrial solvent! Maybe some acid would work...

~The man doesn't look particularly comforted by those suggestions, but it doesn't matter. Vaughn doesn't have access to anything in this new universe, anyways. With no other options, he picks up the rock to try again on another side.~

Scarlette: I don't think that's going to work!

Peter Vaughn: You've got a better idea?

Scarlette: Uh... uh... call 911?

~Vaughn quickly tunes Scarlette out and dashes forward again, launching the rock with all his might. Once again, it just rebounds, with no sign of damage, coming crashing back to the ground and hitting a small wet area, splattering some black water every which direction. Some of it splatters against Vaughn, who angrily wipes off his pants leg. He suddenly stops, though, peering to the side at the bottom of the substance, which seems to be... bubbling.~

Peter Vaughn: Huh. Is it that simple?

Scarlette: What's simple?

~Vaughn doesn't answer. Instead, he uses the rock to get coated in the black liquid, then turns and throws it again into the blobby formation. This time, the rock settles into it, slowly sizzling its way downwards. Vaughn, smirking now, goes back to the liquid and gets some of it, tossing it towards the substance. More and more splashes take place, wearing away the Jello-like structure. Soon, the man can somewhat move, trying to free himself, with both Vaughn and Scarlette (who finally figured it out) pouring some handfuls of liquid around him. The man pops free, stumbling backwards and falling to the ground. The two surround him, as he rubs his aching joints.~

Man: Thank you!! I really thought I was stuck there for eternity! I couldn't move at all, for so long... I feel so stiff...

Scarlette: That's what all the men say afterwards...

Peter Vaughn: What's your name, chief?

Tim: It's Tim. Tim Manning.

Peter Vaughn: Tim, huh? And Scarlette... yeah, this is really strange...

Tim: I don't understand what you mean. Can you help an old man up?

~Vaughn doesn't seem to care that much, but he still offers a hand. Scarlette helps on the other side, enabling them to get Tim to his feet. He limps forward, still hurting.~

Tim: Do you guys have any idea where we are? I was just cleaning a restroom when there was suddenly this girl in the mirror, and then I ended up here.

Peter Vaughn: Did she put a helmet on your head?

Tim: Huh? No, no helmet. Why, is my hair that messy?

~Tim works to straighten out the hair left on his head, as Vaughn steps away from him.~

Peter Vaughn: Man, I keep thinking there's something familiar about this whole set-up... it'll come to me eventually. I guess we should keep going.

Tim: Why? What makes that direction any different from the other way?

Scarlette: It's just the way we're going, Tim. It's how we found you, right?

Peter Vaughn: Maybe it leads us out, maybe it leads to whoever's doing this, or maybe it leads nowhere. I'm willing to risk it, because I've got some big matches coming up, and this isn't going to hold me back. You with me?

Tim: I suppose. What do you mean, big matches?

~Vaughn, always happy to talk about his wrestling career, begins to talk with Tim as they move on down the path. Scarlette follows behind, really not interested. We move away from them, showing the little spirit girl watching them from the side. She seems to be smiling, before she turns to the camera and disappears.~

There is a certain thrill to rescuing someone. Of course, it's nothing compared to the thrill of knocking someone unconscious, but it's not bad.

I have a pretty good list going this year of people I beat down for a three count. Clay-sop doesn't seem to think they're worth noting, though. It's an attitude I've heard before, but it's extremely annoying to hear it from someone who was getting his ass beat in match after match until recently. I mean, I watched Xavier Lux smash you down. Do you really want to compare records now?

But let's go through the 'nobodies' that Calee doesn't think much of. Barney Green, who's a hardcore legend around these parts. Jim Caedus, the former Universal Champion before his melt-down. Tommy Wish, okay, there's your first nobody. Centurion, many consider him a legend. Oh, hey, you lost to him recently, didn't you, Caley? Then there's Vita Valenteen, possibly an up-and-comer, maybe. And Mac Bane, a multi-time champion who fought me as hard as he could before I took him down for the Supercontinental Title. If we add in other feds, I can add a whole slew of huge names I've taken down in 2022, and I'm adding to that list every day. So I've beaten some of the best the industry has to offer.

But Calps doesn't see it that way. He's just like all the rest, when he should be different. Judge not the book by its cover, judge it by its contents. Or else said judging will make you look like an sub-powered moron. I mean, you didn't seem to like it when Flynn talked about you losing to Talia, Themis, Ruby, and Graves, did you? Any of those names seem like top competitors in the XWF? Hell, was Themis pregnant when she kicked your ass? It wouldn't surprise me, really.

So if you want to put the records side-by-side, it's clear that I'm far superior to you. Does that mean that I'm going to take you lightly? If you hadn't beaten Bourbon, I might be willing to do that, but I respect Bourbon too much to allow myself to underestimate you.

Although I still wonder if Bourbon threw the match for you. I assume a man like him can be bribed under the right circumstances.

But, no, I won't be underestimating you. If anything, I'm coming in expecting you to reach a new level... because I really, really want to break your spirit in two when you believe you have a chance of winning. I want to see your face coated in shame when you realize that you blew your best chance to mean something in this company.

And once that happens, and your name is added to the list of the conquered? Will you still think it's a "nobody" list? With your confidence shattered, maybe so, Cal. Maybe so.

But it's my list, and I'm damn proud of adding more names to it. You won't get a place of honor, but you'll be there, so... congrats?

Better than focusing on that loss to Ruby, at least. I mean, damn...

~We come back to Jason and Grant running down the hallway. They aren't fast, but they're at least going quickly in the right direction. Behind them, Bill is still standing near the elevator, reluctant to give up his position. He watches as the two men knock a door open and look inside, seeing nothing. They step back, with Jason reaching down and picking up a hat from the ground.~

Jason Hawes: This is Steve's hat...

Grant Wilson: STEVE! STEVE, CAN YOU HEAR ME??

~The yell echoes through the hallway, but there is no response. The two men walk back towards the elevator, with Jason looking visibly shaken.~

Jason Hawes: This is a prank, right? It has to be a prank...

Grant Wilson: I don't think so, Jason. I think our teams are in serious trouble.

Bill: If you guys are ready to leave, I've got my finger hovering over the lobby button...

~Bill is leaning out of the elevator, waiting impatiently for them to get there. Grant nods to Bill... then grabs him by the shirt collar, dragging him out of the elevator! Before Bill can do anything to stop it, the elevator door shuts, sending it back downstairs.~

Bill: What are you DOING?? Now we have no escape plan!!

Grant Wilson: I needed the elevator available.

Bill: There's another one there, you know!!

~Ignoring Bill, Grant gets on the radio, turning away from the two men.~

Grant Wilson: Donna, are you there? Okay, look, we need the gear. Yes, those. Send up two of them to the sixth floor, will you? No, don't come yourself, it's too dangerous. Thanks, Donna.

~As Grant waits at the elevator, Jason slumps against the side of the wall, with a frightened Bill staying next to him, possibly because he knows he can outrun him if needed.~

Jason Hawes: You know, I think I was happier when I was just a plumber.

Bill: Oh, me too. That thrill you get when the clog finally gets blown away? It's wonderful.

Jason Hawes: And when you track down that elusive leak? Being able to patch it without digging up the entire system? Oh, the gratitude on those people's faces...

Bill: Yeah, I definitely miss it sometimes. But we both had to grow out of our roles for the greater good, y'know?

Jason Hawes: I suppose so. But in my heart, I'm still one of the working class.

Bill: Brother, you and I need to talk about a potential membership...

Jason Hawes: A membership to what?

~Before Bill can answer, the ding of the elevator is heard. Both men turn to see Grant stepping into the elevator, grabbing at the two packs laying on the ground. He carries them out, as Bill scrambles to block the door again, only to have the elevator unnaturally close quickly. Bill keeps his hand back, avoiding the loss of any fingers. He sighs, leaning against the now-closed door. In the meantime, Jason is getting to his feet, his mouth open.~

Jason Hawes: You've gotta be shitting me.

Grant Wilson: No, Jason. It's time we take this to another level. No more ghost hunting.

~Grant hands over the custom-made proton pack to Jason, who staggers a bit due to its weight.~

[Image: pack.jpg]

Grant Wilson: It's time now to do some Ghost Busting.

~Grant works to secure his pack, as Jason slowly, reluctantly follows along. Bill looks absolutely speechless. The camera does a spin, showing us everything around the two men, before speeding up.~

~When the camera stops spinning, we're back in the Down Below. We see Vaughn, Scarlette, and Tim running along the path, with Tim awkwardly trying to run with his sore joints. They stop, trying to catch their breath, as Vaughn looks behind them.~

Peter Vaughn: I think we lost them...

Tim: What... the hell... were those things??

Scarlette: Some kind of flying demons... they suck...

~The group staggers forward, having made more progress than they intended on the path. They're passing into a dark, spooky forest setting now, although most of the trees look long dead... or undead, given our location.~

Tim: This place just gets worse and worse. I wish I had a weapon.

Scarlette: I wish I had a spa day, but we're not getting our wishes right now, Timmy...

Peter Vaughn: Shut up, Scarlette...

Scarlette: Hey! You don't tell a woman to shut up!

Tim: That IS pretty rude, Peter...

Peter Vaughn: Both of you, zip it! I heard something!

~Vaughn suddenly dashes away, heading into the trees. The sound of a high-pitched shriek is heard. Both Scarlette and Tim wait anxiously, hoping to see Vaughn come back out of the forest. Finally, he does so, shoving a guy in front of him. The man rolls onto the path, gasping, as Vaughn steps on his back to keep him from running away.~

Peter Vaughn: Either of you recognize this guy?

Scarlette: Leon!

Peter Vaughn: ... Of course, it's Leon...

Scarlette: Let him up this instant!

~The foot moves, as a terrified Leon is helped up by Scarlette. He's literally shaking, unable to control himself.~

Tim: My god, Leon, what happened?

Scarlette: You look terrible!

Leon: I've... I've seen... so much... too much... I want outta here... I want outta here NOW!!!

Tim: We're working on it, Leon. Try to calm down a little, okay? You're safe now, you're with us.

Leon: No, no, no, nothing is safe anymore, no, no, NO!

~Leon turns as if to start running away, but Vaughn immediately coldcocks him, knocking him to the ground.~

Scarlette: LEON!!

Tim: That was totally unnecessary!

Peter Vaughn: Everyone needs to shut the hell up, got it?? I think I've got this figured out...

~Vaughn turns, looking first at Scarlette.~

Peter Vaughn: First, the brain-dead woman found on the cross...

Scarlette: Excuse me? I'm not brain dead! My brain works just right!

~Vaughn steps away from Scarlette, staring at Tim.~

Peter Vaughn: An old man with bad joints who was trapped...

Tim: Just wait until you get older, you'll understand, you son of a...

~Ignoring him, Vaughn steps over to the fallen Leon, who's trying to recover after the punch he took.~

Peter Vaughn: And a cowardly guy hiding in the forest...

Leon: Ugh...

~Vaughn steps away from the ground, shaking his head.~

Peter Vaughn: Damn it. That makes me Dorothy. That sucks. Dorothy is a terrible character...

Scarlette: What are you TALKING about??

Peter Vaughn: You don't get it yet? The path we've been following? The BRICK path? "Follow The Yellow Brick Road"? Somehow, whoever's doing this decided to send us on a trip... through Oz...

Tim: ... Oz? Like, the Wizard of Oz?

Peter Vaughn: That's what everything is pointing to. I have no idea why, though. This definitely feels like something Calypso would come up with. But that's the way it is. I guess we're off to see the wizard, huh?

~Suddenly, nearby, there's the sound of a tremendously evil cackle. All four people jump at the sound, even Vaughn, although he tries to play it off as just being ready to fight. Leon moans.~

Leon: Nooooooo, not her again....

Scarlette: Who is it??

Peter Vaughn: Damn it. We need to run. We've got to find water. Go, go, GO!!

~Vaughn hauls Leon up and drags him along, as Scarlette and Tim race after them. Behind them, the cackling seems to be coming closer... and possibly might be coming from above. As a shadow passes by, the picture starts to fade out.~

I hate musicals. So don't expect me to be singing anytime soon.

I bet Calypso has a beautiful soprano voice, though. Men can have those, it's not a shameful thing. He just strikes me as high-pitched, that's all.

He's also making the same mistakes I made last month, which is a real shame. I definitely underestimated Calypso's worth. I mean, I didn't think he was worth shit, so it's really not that much of a surprise that I ranked him too lowly. But just look at it from my perspective, Caley. I had just made my comeback, winning the Supercontinental Title. I finally earned the respect I deserved, or so I thought. And then they throw me into a tag-team match against one of my few equals, while teaming me with you? I mean, tell me you wouldn't have been upset about that.

I felt like I deserved more, and when you weren't giving me much to work with in the ring, I opted to walk away. Was that a mistake? Well, we'll never know for sure. We easily could have lost even if I had stayed, because it's not like you'd have been able to tag me. But still, yeah, I underestimated you... just like you're underestimating me now.

If you really think you're coming into this contest as the favorite, because you don't believe I'm worth the championship, then you've got a ruder awakening than Mister Tease on its way to you. In a way, I suppose you've done me a solid. I'm coming into this match intent on absolutely obliterating you now, rather than coming in without the fire burning in me. You've reminded me that it doesn't matter what I do in the XWF, I'll still be shown disrespect, even from the worst competitors in the business, and the only way to shut them up is by taking this Supercontinental Title and defending the hell out of it, again and again.

If I crush you to smithereens, and I break the next wrestler, and then the next, maybe I can finally start shifting my reputation here. Maybe people will begin to rightfully fear being put into a match against me, rather than assuming they've got a shot against the 'former Janitor'. I want that respect. I DESERVE that respect. And I'm going to make it happen, no matter what I have to do.

You started all this wanting a tag-team partner, Calypso. Now you're getting an adversary, an arch enemy. Let me be your Bane to your Batman. Let me be your downfall, the end of your super-heroic tale.

I'm taking the name InVaughncible, and with that name, I'm destroying you. I'm ENDING you.

Prepare for the Superior Plunge.

[Image: undeadwitch.jpg]

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Vaughn's post:
Theo Pryce (07-05-2022)