Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-20-2024, 07:02 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
A Spirited Journey, P1
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

06-28-2022, 03:52 PM

The Road So Far:

Dealing With Our Reality, P1

Dealing With Our Reality, P2

Dealing With Our Reality, P3

Learning The Ropes All Over Again

A Spirited Opportunity

[Image: executive-summary.jpg]

It all began out of a sense of duty.

For all of those now snickering at the word "duty", grow up.

Last month, Vaughn's mentor, the man known as the Head Custodian, was killed saving Vaughn's life from basically a mad scientist. The head hit Vaughn extremely hard, as he hated the thought that his friend was gone because of Vaughn being unable to save himself. Sure, Vaughn's mind was trapped in a Star Wars Virtual Reality nightmare at the time, but he still felt guilt and sadness from how everything went down that day.

But there was more to it than just sorrow at the loss of an ally. Soon after the funeral, Vaughn found himself in the unenviable position of taking the mantle of the Head Custodian, as the new leader of the Custodial Coalition. It was apparently what he was being trained for all along, without his knowledge. It's not something Vaughn ever wanted or needed, and he has spent several weeks looking for a way to transfer the power to someone else. But to honor his friend, Vaughn still has made sure the work gets done, and that included investigating three janitors who had mysteriously disappeared from the Adolphus Hotel, an establishment long thought to be one of the most haunted sites in Dallas, Texas.

Vaughn, a skeptic who has never believed in ghosts, entered the building along with his CC assistant, Bill, and began his investigation. He went into it with extreme bravado, sure that he could handle anything that was thrown at him. But the whole investigation turned sideways when Vaughn broke into Room 616, only to plummet into a black void! He has since been unaccounted for in the hotel, with Bill now left with another disappearance to deal with. What has happened to Vaughn, and how will he escape his trip to the Down Below?

Yes, I know, it's not the Upside Down. That's trademarked, duh. Plus, he fell in, so the Down Below makes more sense, right? You get me.

~The picture comes up on the Adolphus Hotel, which is an ominous looking structure no matter the time of day. The building stands high above Dallas, and while it's no longer the tallest skyscraper in town, it's still always an impressive and eerie sight.~

[Image: adolphus.jpg]

~The camera begins to zoom inwards, focusing more on the upper half of the building...~

[Image: adolphus2.jpg]

~We get closer, still, as we see the view of the four 'heads' added onto the building in their strange arrangement.~

[Image: adolphus3.jpg]

~For a moment... just a moment... it almost looks like one of the heads move. It literally seemed like it looked right at the camera. Did you see it? You saw it, right?

I'm officially creeped out now. Let's move on. The shot takes us back down to the ground floor, where we enter the beautiful lobby of the hotel. We see Bill gesturing and pointing, separating out groups of custodial staff as they appear to be 'invading' the hotel. Staff behind the desk look completely bewildered at what's going on, watching as the janitors move out in teams of four.~

Bill: Team 1, head to the top floor! Team 2, begin at Floor 11 and start working upwards! Team 3? You need to start on Floor 10. Team 4? You can start here and go floor by floor, meeting Team 3 in the middle. We need to search everywhere! No stone can be left unturned! We need our Head Custodian back!

~The teams move off, with some of the custodians looking ready for battle, while others look extremely nervous to be in such a location. For his own part, Bill is making sure to stay as close to the lobby entrance as possible, ready to dart outside at a moment's notice. He has no intention of being trapped here like Vaughn and the rest have been.~

Bill: Everyone, stay on your toes. We don't know what's happened, but we have to be prepared for anything and everything!!

~Behind Bill, we can see movement through the window as someone is approaching. When the doors bang open behind him, Bill nearly jumps out of his socks, spinning around in terror at the apparent losss of his escape route.~

Bill: Our Father Who Art In Heav... en...

~Bill's prayers quickly die off, as he sees the man standing in the doorway behind him. This is an extremely unique individual, that can be seen right away. He is seemingly striking a pose on his entrance, flashing a look right at the camera.~

[Image: matteo_magician2_835x500.jpg]

~The man continues holding this pose for several seconds, waiting, until a confused Bill steps towards him.~

Bill: I, umm... hello... are you here to rent a room? They can help you at the front desk, although I personally wouldn't recommend it...

Man: No, Bill. I am not here for them. I don't plan on staying in this den of darkness. I'm here to help you.

~Bill starts, stunned for a moment.~

Bill: How... how did you know my name??

~The man glances down at Bill's outfit, which clearly has his name stenciled onto it. He clears his throat.~

Man: It is all thanks to my gifts, Bill. I am the Transcendental Spiritualist known only as... Phil.

Bill: ... Phil?

Phil: When you have my kind of powers, you don't need to rely on any silly nicknames.

Bill: Yean, but... I mean, it would SOUND cooler if you...

Phil: Quiet, Bill. I am here to help you in your search. I sensed it through the void, something calling me to this hotel. It is a portal to many realms, a dark hole that needs to be purged. Your friends are trapped inside of it, squirming, searching for ways to escape the womb they've become ensnared in..

Bill: ... Huh?

Phil: Suffice to say, Bill, you need me. I know exactly where to go. My spiritual connections on the other side will lead me to the disturbance. I will find those that I seek. I can show you where to go.

Bill: Me? Oh, I have to stay here for, y'know, coordination and monitoring. I'm afraid I'm indispensable. But if you want to go search through the hotel with the rest of them, more power to you.

~Bill hands over a spare walkie talkie. Phil smiles enigmatically, takes the equipment, then turns, intent on heading towards the elevators. Suddenly, he stops and looks back at Bill.~

Phil: There is a reward, right?

Bill: ..................... Yes?

Phil: Good. I'm not just doing this for my health, you know. Papa's gotta pay the bills...

~Reassured, the spiritualist and psychic moves off, pressing the elevator button. He disappears within, leaving Bill to breathe a sigh of relief.~

Bill: Phil... I mean, why not, like, Oculus? Or the All-Knowing? Or something cool? Phil, geez...

~Bill goes back to his maps, checking them over before he starts doing radio checks with all of the staff currently roaming the hotel. The camera seems to zoom downwards at the map, focusing on the sixth floor, and the marking for Room 616...~

~The picture shifts, taking us into a fog-filled void. We hear footsteps approaching, even though at first, nothing can be seen. Finally, colors begin to show through, and after a moment, Peter Vaughn steps into view, peering through the fog. He shakes his head.~

Peter Vaughn: Damn it, this looks just like where I was earlier. Maybe if I try a right, followed by a left...

~Vaughn walks left for a few steps, then realizes his mistake and turns back, heading right. Behind him, the fog parts for a second, showing an eerie looking figure before they're obscured once again. The camera stays with Vaughn as he keeps walking, searching for any clues both on the ground and anywhere in the fog, but so far, he hasn't found anything.~

Peter Vaughn: This VR system isn't near as good as ours is. It's way too repetitive. I still don't know how they got the helmet on me, but come hell or high... fog... I'm going to find my way out of here.

~Vaughn moves on, still convinced that nothing happening around him is real. Behind him, there is a flash of a person, just for a second. Vaughn, sensing the change, spins around, but nobody is there.~

Peter Vaughn: Huh. This mist is really getting to me. At least it's not like a Stephen King mist or anything... or one of those that dissolves the flesh... yeah, I need to stop giving the programmers ideas.

~Taking a deep breath, Vaughn continues on, opting to head to the side now. For all he knows, he's been going in circles during the interminable amount of time he's been here. He walks forward... and then stops, having glimpsed the figure popping up next to him. He turns... but they're gone again.~

Peter Vaughn: ... System glitch? Or are you guys playing with me, whoever owns this thing? Come on out and face me, if you want to fight!

~Vaughn waits for a few moments, but nothing happens, He does a complete 360, looking in every direction, with no sign of anyone. He scoffs.~

Peter Vaughn: That's what I thought. Gutless.

~He nods, turning around... and sees the young, terrifying ghost standing in front of him.~

[Image: ghostgirl.png]

Peter Vaughn: Whoa!!

~Rather than leaping away, Vaughn instinctively swings at the freakish sight appearing in front of him. His fist passes right through the ghostly child, causing him to glance in shock at his hand for a moment. The spirit then suddenly comes forward, screaming, and runs straight through Vaughn!! Vaughn goes flying backwards, landing hard on his back. As any true wrestler would, though, he immediately bounces back, shoving himself back to his feet... but he stops in place when he sees the mirror seemingly floating in mid-air in front of him. Confused, he steps forward, studying himself, as he's now wearing a completely different outfit. He also appears to look older, as he brushes at his now greying hair.~

[Image: c9d8e320449afb2e832b9f2e7a8417fb.jpg]

Peter Vaughn: What the hell is going on? What's with the visual tricks, you jerks??

~There's no response. Vaughn studies himself a little more, shrugging to himself.~

Peter Vaughn: Eh, I've worn far worse... guess this'll work, although my old shoes were a lot more comfortable...

~Vaughn taps his feet on the ground, as if trying to readjust the new footwear. This, however, causes him to notice the path that's now underneath him.~

Peter Vaughn: Where did this come from? Oh, I get it... follow the path and play your game, huh? Okay, fine, I'm down with that. Nothing scares Peter Vaughn. They might... startle me, but I'm never scared. Let's see what else you've got...

~Vaughn moves on, following the path in the hopes that it will finally lead him out of the fog. We cut away.~

I guess you could say I've been a little bit lost, as of late.

Ever since I achieved another goal, winning the XWF Supercontinental Title, I've found myself in a losing skid not of my own making. First, I was forced into an unnatural tag-team and sent against what I consider to be the best duo in the XWF, Mark Flynn & NKWC. Is it any wonder that I abandoned my worthless partner and left, ending my winning streak with another loss to Flynn? But then we followed that up with another tag-team match, bringing together random members of the CCPE to take on Cashe, Kaye, and Tact. I did my best on that one, trying hard for Bam's sake, but in the end, it wasn't worth it, so I just decided to dish out some punishment and, once again, walk away.

Gotta say, maybe tag-teams aren't my forte. I've always been better on my own.

But on the same night I punched Ned Kaye right in the balls, a miracle went down in the history books for Warfare. For me, it will always be the Wednesday Night Miracle, because I still have trouble believing it happened. There was a #1 contenders match to decide my first opponent to defend the XWF Supercontinental Title against, and it featured Bobby Bourbon, John Black, Dolly Waters... and my former worthless tag-team partner, Calypso. So how in the holy hell of toilet swirlies did Calypso come out of there with the title opportunity??

I seriously still have to remind myself that it actually happened, and wasn't just a strange dream from eating pineapple pizza late at night.

I was fully prepared for it to be Bourbon, setting up an epic clash for Warfare. I considered that there was an outside chance that Waters could have a good night and steal it away. I never really gave Black a chance, I mean, why should I? But none of those four scored the win. Instead, it was Calypso that pinned Black, ending his losing streak in pretty damn dramatic fashion. I mean, it was a thrilling moment, I can't deny that, watching from the back. At the same time, as I watched Calypso celebrate with his juice boxes, I couldn't help but think back to our earlier partnership and think...

WHERE THE HELL WAS THIS WHEN WE TEAMED UP????

It made me question myself a little, I have to admit. I wondered, what if I had stuck around even when Calypso was disappointing me? What if I had shown some faith in the man and stuck it out? Could we have actually defeated the toughest tag-team in the XWF? It sure didn't feel like it at the time. But Calypso has shown that magical moments can take place on any wrestling event, even on Warfare. Was Calypso worthy enough to be my partner after that victory?

... Nah.

I can't base anything on a single match. Aaron Warthog won a match occasionally. I've seen Valenteen and the Soldier get wins lately. It doesn't affect my opinion of them, or of Calypso. But... it does open the door.

After all, back in the day, a "win" by Peter Vaughn was looked on as the upset of the century. Nobody wanted to take the L from me, as it did nothing for me while it crushed their status in the business. But you know what? I persevered, I changed my view on the world, and suddenly most wrestlers I faced were getting defeated. It was no longer a mark of shame for them, but a mark of honor for me. I rose in prominence with every glorious victory, beating men like Caedus, Knox, Supreme Machine, and Mac. When I look back on it? It all started with one win, with my defeating my first non-fatherly mentor, Mike Zybala. That opened the door, and I became the champion you see today.

So which direction is it going to be for you, Calypso? You keeping that door open and turning around your career, becoming one of the threats to win it all at War Games? Or is it a case of "Be Careful What You Wished For"? You wanted to win this title shot against me, to try and convince me to be your partner. You got your shot. I get my chance to wipe you off the face of the XWF universe.

You haven't proven you deserve to be in the ring with me, Calypso, in any capacity. You don't deserve to be my partner, and you don't deserve to be my opponent. Right now, you just got lucky.

But this is your chance, Calypso, to prove me wrong and earn that respect... and all you have to do is avoid me kicking your skull in.

~We return to the lobby of the Adolphus Hotel, where Bill is scratching out spots on his maps with big red X's.~

Bill: Okay, right, no sign of them on the 18th floor. You checked all the rooms? Over.

~There is a mumbled response from the team leader, saying something about complaints from the guests.~

Bill: No, I don't care what the current tenants say, we are examining every room as thoroughly as possible! Remember the cover story about leaky pipes, and everything will be fine. Over.

~Bill sets the walkie talkie to the side, turning back to his maps. He studies them for possibly the thousandth time today.~

Bill: Where are you, Mr. Vaughn? Are you even still here?

~Bill sighs, just as the walkie talkie comes alive again... with a very loud yell. Bill, startled, grabs the walkie and brings it up.~

Bill: Who was that? Identify yourself and your location, Over!

~After a few tense seconds, the speaker comes alive again.~

Voice: Oh my god... oh my dear god...

Bill: Who is this? You're supposed to say "Over". ... Over.

Voice: How... how can this be happening??

Bill: Is... is that you, Phil? Over.

Phil: They're... they're after me... they're actually AFTER ME!!!

~There are sounds of something breaking the background, hard to make out over the speakers. Bill, utterly thrown off, finally jumps back in when it's clear there's not going to be an "Over".~

Bill: Phil... give me your location. Where are you? Over.

Phil: I always thought... it was always a scam! They weren't real! THEY WEREN'T REAL!!!

Bill: PHIL! Pull it together!! Tell me where you are, OVER!!

Phil: I... the sixth floor... oh, God, the elevator's not opening! It's not open...

~The mic immediately cuts off, removing anything else Phil was saying. Bill, shaking his head, switches to another channel.~

Bill: Team 3, you're the closest. I need you to head for the sixth floor immediately and find that psychic lunatic Phil...

~Suddenly the elevators doors Ding, catching Bill's attention. The doors open... and there is no elevator there. He steps forward, wondering what happened, when a scream can suddenly be heard getting closer, along with a loud rumble... ~

Phil: YAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

~The elevator slams into place, coming to a horrendous crash as it somehow stops on the first floor. Phil comes flying out of the open elevator, launching downwards and rolling all the way to Bill's feet. He just lays there, breathing heavily, not moving, as Bill stares down at him. He shrugs and brings the walkie talkie back up to his mouth.~

Bill: Cancel that, Team 3. Continue your search. Over.

~Bill lowers the walkie talkie, leaning over to nudge Phil, who still doesn't respond. He's not dead, but his mind's not in the best shape at this point. Bill straightens back up, shrugging again.~

Bill: Guess we need a new psychic. Hey, can we get this guy some help?

~The hotel staff are already coming around the front desk, used to mysterious events here in the hotel. The camera zooms in on the still-open elevator, peering inside, as the single light inside suddenly goes out.~

~Stepping out of the darkness, we see the uniquely-dressed Peter Vaughn continuing his journey. He's been careful not to stray from the path, even though there were moments when he wanted to go explore. After being lost for so long, you don't want to lose your way again. He walks onwards, only slowing now when he sees the ruined village coming into sight ahead of him.~

Peter Vaughn: Well, this is a creepy fucking place...

~Vaughn looks around the crumbling homes, still taking great care to keep the path in sight at all times. He turns to look at one particular house, that appears to be crushed around the bottom floor. It's leaning at a straight angle, as if laying on top of something. Vaughn steps closer to look at it, but then steps back, once again sensing something amiss.~

Peter Vaughn: Anyone in there?

~Nothing responds, not that Vaughn expected them to. He looks left and right, making sure nobody is approaching him. All of his senses are telling them that someone, or something, is nearby, but he can't find any way to prove that feeling.~

Peter Vaughn: Who out there wants some of ol' Peter Vaughn, huh? Calypso? You set all this up? You out there somewhere playing super-hero again? You realize you're acting like the villain right now, right, boyo? You're the bad guy! Now, c'mon, step out and face me!

~Calypso doesn't appear, nor does anyone else. Vaughn grumbles to himself, kicking at a piece of brick laying on the side of the path.~

Peter Vaughn: Whoever it is, I've had enough of this virtual experience, so just stop stalling and GET YOUR COWARDLY ASSES OUT HERE!!!!

~Vaughn yells into the open air, then sets himself, ready for a brawl. What he's not ready for is an answering scream.~

Voice: HELP ME!!! HELP!!! I'M OVER HERE!!! AAAHHHHH!!!!

Peter Vaughn: What the hell??

~Having nothing better to do, Vaughn opts to run further down the path, heading for where the screams are coming from. He jogs out of view, as the camera turns back to the village... where several pairs of eyes can be seen, glowing in the darkness.~

Yeah, I admit it. Even I can't resist a damsel in distress, even if I'm Ace/Aro.

I bet you think that shows you an opening, Calypso. Yep, I know all about your little InVaughncible plan. You think that by earning this shot and taking me down, you'll make me be such a fan of you that we'll become a super tag-team, right? I really got to wonder what you've been smoking, my friend. Certain chemicals aren't good for your brains. Trust me, I've worked with a lot of them, and if you're not wearing the proper safety equipment, they can do some serious damage.

I mean, think about it. With all the crap I've been around and dealt with, I've never run around in a superhero outfit 'fighting crime'.

So let's talk some clear facts, Calypso. You blew it last time when we teamed up. What makes you think a team-up now would be any different? What would make us such a superior combo that we could actually get the XWF Tag-Team Straps? Do you really think you can turn your world around that quickly so that you no longer are a complete waste-of-human-anatomy out of Anarchy? It's hard for me to think about what it would take to make me respect you enough to try being your partner again.

You know what, though? There might be a way, if you're really wanting this so badly. I hesitate to suggest it, but I know you would want to know all options that are on the table. So, let's just say you come down to the ring for the XWF Supercontinental Title match and face off with me. The bell rings... and you turn and walk through the ropes, heading to the back. The ref counts down, and then signals for it to be over, and I have a successful title defense on my list. Just like that, maybe I'd feel like we had enough of a connection to... to.... BWAH HAH HAH HAH!!!

I'm sorry, Calypso, I just couldn't keep a straight face on that one. You know I'm just messing with you. I'd never want you to pull an Oswald and get yourself counted out deliberately. That would gain me nothing but more ridicule from the XWF nerds who claim my win over Caedus for the Universal Title shouldn't count. No, Calypso, I really want you to come to the ring and give me the best you have to offer, no matter how much lower on the power pole it is from my own talents. I want you to give me your best, because when I win, I don't want anyone trying to wash it away as a meaningless victory.

You may only have that one win, Calypso, which keeps you in the "lucky" territory for now. But give an impressive showing against me and taking a tremendous beating, and maybe you can shift a few more opinions. Will I be one of them?

I suppose we'll just have to see, won't we? But if I kick your ass so badly that you'd rather wear your little mask rather than be out in public anymore? Then I guess we'll know where our 'partnership' would go.

What have you got, Calypso? What can you bring? Are you worth my time? Or are you all used up?

~The camera moves outside the Adolphus Hotel, where we see the 'psychic' Phil, completely strapped down and babbling like a maniac, getting loaded into an ambulance. Bill is off to the side, talking to a couple of police officers.~

Bill: Yeah, he just came flying out of the elevator. It was pretty crazy.

Police: So you think he was running too fast out of the elevator and tripped?

Bill: Well, I mean, I think at the very least there was a malfunction with the elevator...

Police: But you said he came flying out and rolled towards you, correct?

Bill: Yes, that's true, but...

Police: So he tripped. It was an accident, so no need to open a file now, is there?

~The way the police officer said that catches Bill's attention.~

Bill: How many times have you been called out to this hotel, anyway? For 'accidents', I mean?

Police: Enough times that I know not to question it. Good day, sir.

~The officer flips his notebook closed, and he and his partner wander off. Bill watches them go, with a touch of frustration to go along with a bit of amazement at everything that's happening.~

Bill: Probably no point telling them about everyone who’s disappeared. They’d just write it off as a multiple Missing Persons case. Hell, they might be more scared of this place than I am…

~The police cruiser pulls away, followed by the ambulance. As they drive off down the street, they pass by a couple of black vehicles that park in their place, in front of the hotel. The two vehicles are almost exactly alike. A person gets out of the back of one of the trucks and runs across the road, quickly setting up a stationary camera focused on where he just came from. Curious, Bill watches as the people begin to get out, making sure to keep their gazes away from the camera.~

[Image: ghosthunters.png]

Grant Wilson: Okay, people, you know what we need to do. Get the gear set up and let's get some opening shots.

~The crew nods and starts to go to work, as Bill walks over, recognizing the man in front of the vehicle.~

Bill: Say... you're Grant Wilson! From Ghost Hunters! Hey, I'm a big fan...

Grant Wilson: Oh, uh, thank you, sir. We do what we can. I heard over the radio that there was a major paranormal event going on today, so the crew and I headed right over. We're here to help people, after all.

Bill: That's great! Because we've got four missing people now, and I could use all the help I can...

~Bill's speech sputters to a halt as a large van pulls past him, parking itself just in front of Grant's trucks. It backs up, nearly hitting, but then straightens itself up. The letters TAPS can be seen clearly on the side of the van, before it turns to face away from the hotel for easier unloading. Once again, a single person leaps out and runs around to get a video recorder set up to capture the moment.~

Grant Wilson: Oh, that's just great.

Bill: Wait, is that...

~The doors all swing open, and Jason Hawes jumps out, along with Steve Gonsalves, Dave Tango, and a few others.~

[Image: ghosthuntersvan.jpeg]

Jason Hawes: This is a hot spot, people. Lives are said to be in danger, but remember, be skeptical until we know the truth. And keep filming at all times, you never know what you're going to... catch...

~Jason turns around, noticing Grant standing there for the first time. A frosty silence crosses between the two former best friends and co-workers. Bill, feeling the anxiety, steps in to fill the silence.~

Bill: Jason Hawes, it's an honor, sir! Ghost Nation was such a great show, I really got into it. Just like I did when you two... y'know, didn't hate each other.

~Both men turn towards Bill at the same time.~

Grant Wilson: We don't hate each other.

Jason Hawes: It's just complicated...

Grant Wilson: But don't worry...

Jason Hawes: It's going to be okay...

Grant Wilson & Jason Hawes: MY team is going to take care of this.

~At the double declaration, both face off again, studying each other. They then both run off to their respective vehicles.~

Grant Wilson: Get everything inside and get set up! Find the best angles!

Jason Hawes: Move it or lose it! You guys know your stuff better than these guys do!

~Both teams of ghost hunters begin moving at a frantic pace, as Bill just backs off, staying out of their way. He gets back on the walkie talkie.~

Bill: Bill to all teams... it's about to get more insane here. Over.

~Bill drops the walkie to his side, watching with fascination at the speed that both teams are unloading their vehicles. As this goes on, the camera tilts upwards, showing us another angle of the hotel as we focus in on the sixth floor.~

~We shift away to a shot of Peter Vaughn running down the path, listening intently as he tries to figure out which direction he would need to go.~

Peter Vaughn: Talk to me! Where are you?? Give me a sign!!

Voice: GRRAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! GET OFFFFFF!!!!!

Peter Vaughn: That works...

~Vaughn races off to the left, following the sound of the screaming. He runs up a small hill, stopping in shock at what he sees when he reaches the top. A woman is hanging in a crucifix position, stuck in the ground overlooking the hill, on a wooden cross. She's frantically trying to free her arms, even as flying demonic creatures zoom around her, some of them scratching her as they go by. She's bleeding from several superficial wounds, but over time, they definitely add up. She strains against the ropes, then looks over, seeing Vaughn for the first time.~

Woman: For God's sake, get me off-a here!!

Peter Vaughn: One second...

Woman: What?? No, NOW!! Get Me DOWN!!!

~The woman looks on, stupefied, as Vaughn starts grabbing some stalks off the ground and wrapping them together. He then pops a lighter out of his pocket that fortunately survived the clothes-change and lights it up, creating a torch. He waves it back and forth, with the creatures seemingly annoyed by it and flying away. With them gone, Vaughn comes around, torch at the ready, as he works to sever the woman's bonds.~

Woman: Careful with that! It's hot!

Peter Vaughn: Yeah, yeah, just hold your horses...

~Vaughn manages to get the woman free, causing her to slump to the ground. She looks completely worn out. Vaughn tosses the torch behind him, then leans over, helping the woman up. She's having a little trouble walking, her legs wobbly.~

Woman: Oh, thank you! I've been up there so long!

Peter Vaughn: What's your name, lady? How'd you get here?

Woman: My name's Scarlette. I was just doing my cleaning rounds in the Adolphus when somehow, I ended up in this weird place! Then this freaky-looking girl showed up, and bam, I'm on a cross!!

Peter Vaughn: Yeah... a cross... y'know, some of this is starting to seem familiar...

Scarlette: What do you mean?

Peter Vaughn: Never mind. I guess they've got you strapped into a VR machine as well. Multiple systems, that's actually concerning. This might be a bigger presence than I thought.

Scarlette: I don't understand...

Peter Vaughn: I guess, for now, let's get back to the trail and... uh oh...

Scarlette: "Uh oh"?

~As Vaughn shifts Scarlette around, she can now see that their path is blocked... by a long row of dark spirits. While none of them are particularly tall, they make up for it in numbers, as they seem spread out across the field in front of them. Scarlette gulps, hanging onto Vaughn as if clutching a lover for the last time.~

Scarlette: What are we going to...

~Scarlette's question drops off as Vaughn quickly lets her go, causing Scarlette to fall onto her rear end. She winces, rubbing at her hip, as Vaughn walks away from her.~

Scarlette: Wait! Don't leave me!

~Vaughn looks back over his shoulder with a grin.~

Peter Vaughn: Who says I'm going anywhere? I came to this damn place to rescue you janitors, and that's what I'm going to do, especially now that it's getting fun!

~Vaughn laughs and turns, running forward towards the evil spirits, who rise up and try to attack him. He dropkicks through a set of them, then begins to swing away, as Scarlette looks on in abject terror.~

Scarlette: I died. I died and I'm now in hell.

~She lowers her head, sniffling to herself, as Vaughn's manic laughter continues with the brawl with the spirits. He's having the time of his life right now. We fade out.~

There's nothing like a good slobberknocker to get the blood flowing.

I don't know if you'd feel the same way, Calypso. To be honest, I feel a lot of contradictions about you. I see a nerdy guy who emulates superheroes to make himself feel better, yet you're also willing to get into that squared circle and mix it up with your fellow wrestlers, putting your body on the line to try and get those elusive victories.

Would you go straight into the mouth of a furious swarm of fighters, willing to risk life and limb in order to get the victory you crave? Or would you back off, trying to pretend like it's showing "intelligence" when it's really about you not wanting to get hurt? I mean, you entered yourself into the War Games, but do you really realize what that's going to be like? It's not like you're going to be able to run when things get bad, which, quite frankly, they're going to, especially if we're on opposite teams.

You don't have the power of flight to save you, in other words.

From what I can see, about all you have going for you right now is the fact that a bald guy taught you how to do your own finisher correctly. You've got one move that I have to watch out for, and true, for many wrestlers, one move is really all you need. Me, though? I can beat you with half a dozen moves, at least. That's what you've got to learn, Ipzo. You need to have other ways to fight me, because a one-trick super-pony isn't going to get the job done. And yet... you still won the #1 contendership, even if it was by pinning the least worthy wrestler. So that one move? I'll definitely make sure to avoid it at all costs.

You're a bit of an enigma to me, Cally, I have to say. Your whole thing about partnerships, capes, and non-critical thinking really does make my head hurt, trying to connect all the divergent breaks in your behavior. But in the end, do I really need to understand you and your motivations before I annihilate your knees and eliminate your legs? Do I need Freudian explanations before I make you scream in agony from a simple crossface or Boston crab? Would I need to get the whole Batboy Furry Fixation before I knock you cold with the Keyholder? Let's face it. No matter what drives you, when you're lying on the mat, unable to move, and I'm coming in from on high to score the Plunge, none of your puzzling antics are going to matter.

It's going to be a bumpy ride, Cowlips. I hope you're actually ready, and this isn't just a one-match fluke with a very unhappy ending for you. Because if you're not actually ready to face me, well, you might not face anyone. Ever. Again.

Sleep tight, Cal. Sleep tight.

[Image: evillook.jpg]

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Peter Vaughn's post:
Dolly Waters (06-28-2022), The Blue Tango (06-28-2022), Theo Pryce (06-29-2022), Unknown Soldier (06-28-2022), Vita Frickin Valenteen (07-07-2022)