Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 03:33 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "CCPE Cannabis Cup 2022" RP Board
"More Cowbell"
Mac Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

06-17-2022, 06:34 PM

More Cowbell Part 1

"Winning takes precedence over all. There's no gray area. No almosts."

-Kobe Bryant.

[Image: lyxtH9Q.jpg?1]

{In-Studio - The Bane Home - Las Vegas NV - “Soft Intro”}

I stand in front of the mirror, adjusting the tie I wore, a soft purple. I adjust the collar of the white shirt that is neatly tucked into a soft grey pair of slacks. Unbuttoning the gray jacket of the same color I approach the microphone stand with a smile.

The Canibus Cup. Not to sound like some straight-edge jackass you might see on television, but I don’t smoke it, never have, and likely never to do so. It’s nothing against those that partake, it is just a preference of mine. That’s not what this is really about though. This is about the collection of talent for a singular prize, courtesy of “Chronic” Chris Page. A collection of talent, some of which are the cream of the crop. I see a few part-timers in there as well but mostly elite-level wrestlers.

I allow my smile to not only remain but broaden as I go on.

One of those is Austin Ramsey. A very legitimate and worthy opponent. A young man who is respectful. It’s rare in today’s industry. Most of these kids think they are the greatest thing since Betty White, sorry Jas, had to. I felt it only right that I return the favor. I respect the entire body of work that you’ve put out there. You’ll have the home field advantage so to speak. Seeing how you manage the fourth floor of the Rabbit. I feel like those are all things that give you an edge in this match. I’m definitely looking forward to the challenge in this match.

I smile and tip my black stetson in acknowledgment of a peer and respected foe.

Please don’t mistake my kind words for any kind of weakness. This tournament is important to me. I can assure you, that you will receive the complete Mac Bane experience. What that is? Well, I cant start giving trade secrets away. I’m sure you will have done your research by now. You’ve likely looked at films of my matches and my promos. Study real good young man. The one thing that is consistent about me, is I change my approach for every match. I’m a bit more seasoned than a lot in this tournament so my attacks will be abrupt, and impactful. I should probably stop there, can’t be giving away too much.

I wink at the camera as the shot fades to nothing.

{Hells Gate - Grand Junction Colorado - “Preparation”}

It wasn’t quite hell but Grand Junction, Colorado came close. I sat on the tailgate of my truck, with a cup of coffee provided by my sister in my heart and arms. Kat made the best damn coffee, I swear. I had two things on my mind, Austin Ramsey and Matt Knox, both important, and both were tough. One of the reasons I was here along with my son, Jimmy was to make sure that I was ready for the high flyer, Austin Ramsey. He was fast, skilled, and a very dangerous competitor.

“Pops, what exactly are we here to work on?”, Jimmy asked me in a quiet voice. I smiled, “To continue my speed training and to work on some of the more advanced techniques for joint manipulation.” He smiled, “So, working with Kim then.” I nodded, “And you as well, kid. You have been one of the best as far as high flyers go.” He smiled, even blushing slightly. “Thanks, Pops. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about getting back in the game.” I took a sip of my coffee, grunting, “If you think you’re ready, do it.” I lit a cigarette, then took the thermos that Kat had provided and refilled my coffee cup. Jimmy waved the cigarette smoke away and hopped off the tailgate. “You really should quit smoking, that shit will kill you.” I smiled as I took another drag. “So will telling other people how to live, junior.” He laughed and shook his head, the reverie was broken by someone clearing their throat. I looked up and saw Whisper and smiled at the “Mother of Archangels” as we like to call her. Honestly, it was a fitting name. Jimmy responded first, “Good morning,” he began in a very courteous manner. He approached her, shook her hand, then she pulled him into a friendly embrace. “Good morning to you, gentle sir.” I’m not going to lie, the way my kids treat others made me extremely proud. Especially the older competitors who helped to pave a way for them to be successful.

I took one last drag off my cigarette and extinguished it in the travel ashtray that I had next to me. “Good Morning, Mother of Archangel’s,” I said to her as I hopped down off the tailgate. I spritzed my shirt with cologne to at least try to hide the smell of cigarettes before I approached her. I shook her hand and gave her a hug. “Good morning to you, my harbinger.” She said it in a voice that spoke of respect and love. Love as a mother to a child, not one lover to another. I clapped my son on the shoulder, “You did study Ramsey, yes?” He nodded, “I did, his style is a bit different from my own but close enough. I think we can get you ready pretty easily.” Whisper, “Go on in, Jimmy, you’ll find more of Kat’s coffee in my office. I need to have a word with your father.” He complied without hesitation and made his way to the door, before slipping inside he shot me a look. A look that spoke volumes about his own concern for me. “Is he considering returning to the ring?” I nodded, “He is, but I asked him to wait until he was completely certain he was ready.” Whisper, “If he’s anything like you, he’ll dive in again.” I chuckled, “yes ma’am but fortunately he’s more like his mother than me. It’s the other one that worries me.” She smiled, “Aeric or Julez?” she asked in a straightforward way, simply because that’s the way she’s always been.

“Aeric, he’s become a mountain of a man. So young, so out of control when he becomes angry.” I sighed as I hung my head, pretending to study the ground beneath my feet. I look back up to find her grinning, “Bring him with you next time, perhaps we can help.” I smiled, “Thank you, I know you can, you helped me to tamper all that anger and rage.” “How is Julez?”, she asked. “Oh, you know, she’s now a sophomore in college, chasing her dream to become the first lawyer in the family.” “You must be proud,” she responded. I scratched my beard, smiling, “You’ve no idea how proud I am of her. Not only for not pursuing wrestling but sticking to her guns on a lot of things.” I paused for a moment, “So, I guess I need to get in there and get to work.” She placed a hand on my forearm, “Just a moment more, Mac. What I wanted to talk to you about is the man you saw around here the last time you were here.” I knew she was talking about that Jack Spawn fella, “Spawn?” She nodded and I could tell the mention of him brought back what were likely bitter memories. “Okay, so what’s on your mind,” I began. She studied me for a moment and then began, “Jack is extremely dangerous, Mac. I don’t want you to go after him. We’ve upped the security here and at my home.”

“When you say he’s dangerous, that’s lacking a little context. What is it that makes you think he’s dangerous, or should I say more dangerous than anyone else that I might encounter?” She looked into my eyes, as if searching for something, “He’s a telepath, Mac. He’s someone that can influence your decisions without you knowing he was there.” I could feel her concern, “He tried that a couple of times already.” She nodded, “That’s why I don’t want you to confront him. You have bigger fish to fry.” I shook my head in disagreement. “Family always comes first and I know you didn’t ask me to but I’m going to protect this house as much as I can.”

Fade.

{Hell’s Gate - Grand Junction CO - “Post Workout”}

[Image: SrEqVA0.jpg?1]

I walked with a slight limp, my son Jimmy had the camera and was recording. Stopping for a moment, bending my right leg at the knee I raised it up. “Crack” was the sound it made, causing me to grunt and then I straightened it. A sigh of relief escapes me as I smile. “This is every day for me. Even at forty-six years old I’m still out here grinding. I’m still working every day to get better. “ I can feel a fresh stream of sweat roll down my face. Taking the towel from around my neck I wipe it away. ” I know my opponent doesn’t have to do this on a daily basis, he’s probably half my age. Of course, the biggest majority of my competition is just that these days. That’s a good thing though, I win more than I lose, it's not a knock against the younger guys and gals, I see it as a testament to my own work ethic.” Draping the towel over my shoulder, I smile the smile of a predator.

Austin, I love you guys honestly. You seem like good people and treated me with respect. I can take that one of two ways, you know because it’s social media. A. You’re trying to make me feel overconfident going into this match and that you were simply placating my ego. B. You were being sincere and you meant what you said and this will be a friendly match between two men who respect each other.” Taking the towel, I scrub my face and hair with the towel and when I lower it the mood is different. “I certainly hope the answer to my query is B.” I shake my head thinking about the interchange between us. ” This is a cut-throat business and true respect between competitors is rare. I am as cut-throat as anyone in this business, but I also try to give people the benefit of the doubt. To be fair and honest, it’s probably my biggest flaw as a person.”

The smile of predation is gone, replaced with a genuine one. I sling the towel over my shoulder again. “The exchange between us on social media was nice, kid, there’s way too much hate in our sport today. In some cases, it’s just petty bullshit. Along with jealousy and just general contempt. Mutual respect is much better, I think. If we can’t have mutual respect, do you know what we need? I pick up the object beside me and shake the item. It made a resounding sound that can only usually be heard on a ranch or at a high school football game. [color=limegreen ]” We need more cowbell son! “[/color] I watch my son roll his eyes, causing me to smile even more. ” Hey! It was funny!”

He cuts the recording and I laugh. Jimmy, “Dad jokes? Really Pops?” I chuckle, “What? It was funny!” He shakes his head in dismay, “He’s going to think you don’t take him seriously.” I nodded I hope so, “if he thinks I don’t then he also believes that he has the advantage.” He studied me for a moment, “You are a terrible person, what happened to be honest with people?” I smiled that predatory smile, “I am a terrible person Jimmy, what I said though….that was all true. This is a cut-throat business, first and foremost. I do have a ton of respect for that young man. This business does need more mutual respect, tolerance, and kindness. I meant all of that, you can't even get on social media without someone being offended to the point of an emotional breakdown. The competitors in this business have become so soft and thin-skinned that it’s fucking ridiculous. ”

My son looked at me like he was seeing me for the first time. He raised his hand to make a point but then stopped and dropped it back by his side. “I know you’re not wrong, but the way you said it makes you sound like a dick.” I barked a laugh, “Well son, if you’re going to be a dick, you might as well be a hard one.” Now he barked a laugh, “You’re a disgusting old bastard, did you know that?” I nodded in agreement, “I am what this world in general and this business more specifically have made me.” I paused for a moment, then continued. “If you come back to this business, son, always remember what I’ve told you. Don’t be soft like some of these delusional fucks. If you do, you’ll seriously damage your chances at another world title run.” My eyes well a little bit, “I wonder how many men can say that their family has produced not one but two world champions.”

Fade to black.

[Image: cFtNeZN.jpg?1]

{The Bane Home - Las Vegas NV - “Past Glory”}

With Amber being just days away from being able to come home, we had to make sure that the house was ready. There were minor alterations that would be required in order to make things easier. Those had been completed, for the most part, it was close enough in my opinion. So, the boys and I sat in the den having a talk about nothing in particular. Mostly bullshitting and telling lies as men are prone to do. I had a flight back to Long Beach in about 7 hours and I was looking forward to being able to bring her home. My middle child Aeric was studying the trophy cases, “God damn, Dad, why are you two still wrestling?” I looked up at this monster of a man that I had raised with a smile. “I mean, you guys don’t have to work, when will enough of these belts ever be enough?” Every now and then, that boy says something that actually hits me with how right he is. Shaking my head, I stood up and wrapped my arm around his shoulders. “For some people, it's never enough. This all represents what we’ve accomplished individually or with the help of another person. To your point though, this represents a body of work that few couples in this business could ever hope to imitate.”

He nodded his head as he understood but with this kid I highly doubted it. “Does that make sense at all?” I shook his head yes but said, “No sir, it doesn’t. Why continue to do it?” I sighed as I considered him and it hit me. We don’t have to do this anymore. “Aeric, it’s true we don’t have to do this anymore. The reason I still do this is that this is in my blood. You boys are third-generation wrestlers. Or will be should you decide to take it on.” He looked at me and then back at the case. “Dad it never occurred to me that a trophy case was so people like us could revel in past glories.” To say I was floored by his assessment would be an understatement. “Aeric, have you been hit in the head lately?” He gave me that “Bane” look and shook his head. “No sir.” I smiled and patted him on the shoulder, “You’re absolutely right, that is what a trophy case is. More importantly, when I hear men and women talk about all the things they’ve done in pursuit of the next thing…” He smiled, obviously very proud of himself and so was I. He wasn’t the smartest of my children, not by any stretch of the imagination.

“Boy, you do amaze me at times like this.” He shrugged and took a seat next to his brother. Jimmy smiled and fist-bumped him, obviously also proud of his little brother. Jimmy, “What are you thinking about pops? Whether to tear it down or not?” I could hear the snarky in his voice so I waited an extra minute to respond. “Nah, I’m thinking about whether or not I’ll need another trophy case anytime soon.” We all laughed in unison, but inside I was thinking about the future and how many more titles I could win. I wasn’t young, but god damnit I could still go with the best of them.

Fade.

[Image: F9R0rRk.png?1]

{In-Studio - “The Director’s Cut”}

Today, I’m filming this from my home in Vegas, dressed down today. Sweat pants, sleeveless t-shirt, and reebok branded sneakers. My hair hangs loose partially covering my face, I begin to speak.

“So, despite all of the respect and pleasantries that we’ve exchanged, there is still a match to take place. I’ve done my best to be polite and put you over as best as I can. The reality here though is that we are both going to bust our asses to win this tournament. I look at the names in our bracket and it’s not an easy one, to say the least. The term, “speed kills”, can be interpreted in one of two ways.”

I smile at the camera, keeping it friendly.

“In one way, I’m sure that your speed and ability have killed many a fighter. It has won you titles, prestige, and everything we aspire to grab in this business. There is however another version of “speed kills”, isn’t there?”

I smirk at the camera.

“The other version is because you’re moving so fast and with such desire to not only win but to impress. That’s when the mistakes you make will cause your downfall. Especially against someone like me. A good many of my world title wins, well, they were made by speedy guys, not all high flyers but still. I’m sure you understand where I’m going with that.”

The smirk slides away and a more serious look and tone take over.

“Should you decide to slow it down and come at me in a more technical approach. I know I have a reputation as a brawler, but I can assure you, that is overblown and exaggerated. I can go hold for hold with anyone in this business. When you consider my size, reach, and leverage, you can bet that’s a bad idea.”

I look over at the window, with the sun streaming through and I smile, it will be another beautiful day. Especially since I would be bringing Amber home in just a couple of days.

“I won't tell you these things to try and intimidate you or play head games like a lot of them will do to get inside your head. You are more than capable of beating anyone in this tournament. Despite all of your abilities, the one thing you seem to lack is experience. I’ve been to countless events like this over the years. Every once in a while a dark horse will win an event like this one. As stacked as it is, do I think it’s possible that a dark horse wins? Maybe, although I don’t think it’s likely.”

Shaking my head, I chuckle to myself.

”If you took any of that as disrespect, well, that’s on you kid. I do respect you and your ability. I’ve said it at every opportunity. So we’ve established that.”

I give him a thumbs up.

“Do I like you?”

I raise my hand up again but turn it sideways, rocking my hand back and forth.

“Kidding, of course, I like you. You’re not as cool as your life partner but it’s relatively close.”

My gaze hardens slightly, not even sure that the camera will pick it up.

“None of that is really an issue and it damn sure won’t decide who wants this more. That is me, one thousand percent. I have a passion for this industry like no one else does. The integrity of the business matters to me, and this tournament matters to me. Not only because Page is a friend and mentor but because when you go into these events everything is on the line.”

My nostrils flare as I feel my blood pressure rise and the vein in my temple throbs in time.

“I’ve never been one of those men, who show up for a paycheck and doesn't care whether they get bounced out in the first round. No, I’m the guy that shows up with the thunder in his chest and lightning in his veins.”

I turn my back to the camera and begin to walk away. My voice can be heard as the scene fades to black.

“I hope you are too kid, otherwise it will be a long night for you.”
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Mac's post:
Holden (06-17-2022), theNewBreed (06-17-2022), Theo Pryce (07-10-2022)