Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 02:19 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap Of Faith 2022 RP Board
Soft Deadline It's Two R's
GarryRayRayNelson Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

05-21-2022, 10:39 PM

“HOLY SHIT MA! LOOK I DID IT!” Garry ‘Ray-Ray’ Nelson exploded through the old wooden door, his lanky frame was forced to duck through the doorway. He bee-lined to the kitchen carrying a white envelope with a blue XWF logo in the top right corner. At the kitchen table sat a woman in her mid-forties sitting across from a man of similar age with a salt and pepper beard, wearing a flashy suit.

“I’m so sorry Pastor Rob, I didn’t mean to swear sir,” the woman at the table raised her eyebrow to Garry and snatched the envelope out of his enormous hands. Garry, being the primordial level dipshit he is, carried the contents of the envelope in his other hand.

“Ray-Ray! Son, don’t worry ‘bout it. I was just having a discussion with your mother about the issues with the farm and the poor harvest from last year,” the pastor brushed his cornflower blue tie clean of the crumbs from the biscuits on offer in the middle of the table. The Nelson’s might be rednecks, and they might be poor, but they still showed as much hospitality as they could.

“There ain’t nothin’ in this Ray-Ray!” The man with the enormous hand’s mother wasn’t all too pleased and started swinging the envelope in Garry’s face. “You some type of idiot, boy? Ya sure are yer father’s offspring.”

His mother’s gesturing and sighing caused Garry to quickly produce the contents of the envelope. It had to be quick, before he caught a beating from his mother in front of the pastor that he’d never be able to live down. His mother snapped her fingers and Garry produced her reading glasses seemingly out of thin air. She snapped the contents to straighten them and began reading intently.

“Well Ruth I’m gonna head out…” Pastor Rob could hardly finish his sentence before Ruth Nelson’s glare kept the man of God locked into the chair at the kitchen table. He shuffled uncomfortably in his seat while Ruth went back to reading. Finally, after a few moments she passed the letter over to the pastor.

“Whaddya make of this?” She asked, it was the Pastor’s turn to pull out his own set of reading glasses from his front suit pocket. He placed them on his nose and crinkled the paper where his thumb pressed as he read through the document. The man of God finally finished and offered the papers back to Garry, he looked the boy over and smiled.

“GET YOUR PASSPORT READY RAY-RAY YOU’RE GOING TO DUBAI!” Garry, Ruth, and Pastor Ron began to celebrate. Ruth jumped up and hugged her enormously tall son, Ron patted the young man on the bare back in between Ray-Ray’s blue jean suspenders. Garry’s grin stretched from ear to ear, Ruth held up one finger and danced into the other room. Almost instantly country music blared from the room as Ruth danced back into the kitchen. She picked up a biscuit and danced it into the Pastor’s mouth as the two danced while Garry just stood there, very confused at what he was looking at.

Not that you fucking pervert.

“Hey guys?” Everything in the house seemed to stop as Garry stood in the middle of the kitchen, wearing dirty denim overalls, in the middle of a small celebration, with the paperwork from the XWF in his hand. Pastor Rob was the last to stop dancing with Ray-Ray’s mother, and turned towards the seemingly giant Kentuckian.

“Yes?” Ruth asked, irritated that her joyous moment had been interrupted by what surely would be her own son’s stupidity. She and Pastor Rob both sat their reading glasses down on the kitchen table while they waited on Ray-Ray to say whatever it was that he wanted to say. Garry ‘Ray-Ray’ Nelson scratched his head for a moment looking at the pamphlet of papers.

“What’s a passport?”

The palm of the pastor’s hand found his face in record time as Ruth Nelson whirled her tiny frame around to look at the packet of papers again. This time no reading glasses were needed as she scanned over the document. Garry’s mother turned toward the Pastor looking for help, but he just shook his head.

“It’s not good Ruth, if Garry doesn’t have a passport he’s not going to be allowed to go to Dubai to compete for the X-DUBYA-F…” Pastor Rob said solemnly as he continued to look at the paperwork. Ruth tossed her arms in the air and stomped her feet angrily, while Garry stood there slack jawed and dumbfounded.

“There’s nothin’ we can do, reverend?” Ruth asked with her voice full of despair. She looked up at the Pastor, her eyelashes fluttering, the start of a tear sat in the bottom corner of her eye. It grew each millisecond the pastor looked into her beautiful blue… The Pastor took a step backwards as he pulled his phone out. He hurriedly thumbed through the screens while Garry’s mother stood there begging, tears streaming down her cheeks. Finally, after minutes of silence Pastor Rob finally had an answer.

“You can file for a rushed passport within fourteen days of the required travel, AND an employer's request to travel does qualify for rushing a passport. I’ll run down and get the forms at the post office!” The grizzled Pastor shouted, excusing himself from the room and Ruth Nelson’s gaze.

“Drop ‘em off at the trailer when ya pick ‘em up?” Garry asked while he thumbed one of the denim straps on his overalls. Pastor Rob nodded and scurried to the door, throwing his sports coat over his walrus like frame before walking out into the Kentucky humidity.

“And when yer done there stop over for dessert!” Ruth shouted while appearing to awkwardly wink and wave at the pastor. Garry looked down at his mother, his face contorted into a confused expression watching his mother wave and wink.

“Dad know yer invitin’ the Pastor over for dessert?”

There was no response from Ruth Nelson as she walked off into the kitchen, completely ignoring her son’s existence.

—-------------------------------------

On the edge of the Nelson family property sat a small double wide trailer. Inside the trailer sat a loving, caring, wonderful young family. Garry ‘Ray-Ray’ Nelson and his wonderful wife Betsy-Sue sat on the edge of the couch. In their hands, the poster for Leap of Faith, Garry ‘Ray-Ray’ Nelson’s first professional wrestling booking. The emergency application in front of them.

“Okay, they need to see the exact orders, with your name on it,” Betsy-Sue brushed her beautiful blonde hair behind her ear as Garry passed the poster over to Betsy. She looks at the poster, and the med student became instantly horrified.

“Ray-Ray… they misspelled your name…” Betsy gasped, the panic in her voice was clear as she pointed to Garry ‘Ray-Ray’ Nelson’s name on the poster.

[Image: MgRe4yG.png]

“G-A-R-Y oh fuck…” Garry said, clearly stunned. He ran his finger across it again, then looked at the envelope the letter came in.

“G-A-R-Y… MOTHERFUCKER! THEY DIDN’T EVEN WANT ME TO COME!” Garry shouted, he threw the papers in the air and covered his face. Betsy immediately reached over consoling her husband by rubbing his shoulders.

“Ray-Ray, I’m sure it’s a mistake. Momma Ruth just chose to spell your name differently. It’s not your fault that the XWF graphic department is simple minded,” Betsy tried to deescalate the situation unsuccessfully.

“YOU SAID I’M SIMPLE MINDED!?” Garry spun in a circle while he shouted the latest absurd thing to come out of his simple mind.

“Garry, you’re wonderful, smart, funny, you have a great smile, and you work hard. You’re a man’s man, you’re a slap fighting champion… you’re everything a girl in med-school could want for a husband. And you’re gonna be a great wrestler Garry, I just know it. But we need to get Pastor Rob on the phone and see if he can help us talk to someone important. Probably in Washington,” The beautiful Betsy-Sue ended her motivational speech by giving her husband a kiss on the cheek, finally calming Garry down.

“Thanks hun,” Garry said as he took a few deep breaths. He produced his phone from the front pocket of his suspenders. He scrolled through the phone and called the man that was clearly fucking his mother. Two rings later and the voice of Pastor Rob was in Garry’s ear.

“Pastor Rob?... Yeah… It’s Garry… I need a ride ta Washin-ton. I need ta go speak ta a congressman ta get my Passport… YES A DAMN CONGRESSMAN… YOU’RE FUCKIN’ MY MOTHER THATS WHY YOU’RE GOING TA HELP ME!” Garry was irate all over again but the Pastor’s tone was totally different once Garry revealed the truth.

“Oh yer gonna get the news ta come out first? Then we’re gonna head ta Washin-ton? Aight, yer payin’ fer gas, see ya later…” Garry pumps his fist as Betsy-Sue silent screams and spins in a circle. She hugs Garry as he hangs up the phone.

“HUN! HE’S COMIN! AND WERE GOIN TA WASHIN-TON!” Garry shouted at the top of his lungs. Betsy smiled, knowing she had heard the whole conversation since Garry was right in front of her, but she didn’t need to spoil it for him.

—-------------------------------------
“Ray-Ray! Ray-Ray! Bill Fairweather with Channel 7 News! Can we get a word with you?”

“Well I ‘magine I’m ‘sposed ta talk ta people,” the Kentuckian’s drawl hung in the air as he took a swig out of his can of Busch Light. He placed his six for the road on top of his Camaro and he looked at the camera’s bright white lights while flashing a smile. To the shock of everyone on the planet, Garry ‘Ray-Ray’ Nelson had what might be the whitest teeth this side of the Mississippi. His smile absolutely beamed.

“You’re traveling to Dubai to be apart of the X dubya F’s big pay-per-view Leap of Faith, is that correct?”

“Maybe, ‘pends on if our representative can get my passport documentation approved,” Garry said with a smile. He took a swig out of the can of Busch Light and tossed it over his shoulder haphazardly into his own front yard.

“Well if you do make it, you’ll be the first person EVER from Nelson County, Kentucky to travel to the United Arab Emirates, what does that mean to you?” The reporter asked, microphone way out in front of him. Almost as if Garry ‘Ray-Ray’ Nelson hasn’t showered in a few days. (He probably hasn’t.)

“The what? I don’t know anythin’ United besides the United States of America Mr. Fairweather. I know the X DUBYA F wants me ta head on over ta Dubai and do some tusslin’ with a few folks.” Garry smiles and finger guns the camera with one enormous hand, while cracking open and drinking more Busch Light with his other one.

“Well… yeah Garry… it’s a wrestling promotion. I mean they have you in there with some pretty tough customers. Bam Miller for instance, he’s world renowned, The Top Guy Slayer and former xtreme champion…” Garry interrupts the reporter

“Yeah, everyone knows that everyone that drives a motorcycle is a badass. I get it, but I ain’t no top guy yet, so Bam Miller ain’t got no super powers over me. Maybe once I get myself established and get ta showin’ off my skills and why I’m the Nelson County slap fightin’ champion I’ll have ta worry ‘bout that feller…” Garry says with a nod and a smile. Another swig of Busch Light and the finger guns are firing again.

“We have a Nelson County Slap Fighting Champion?” Bill Fairweather asked, the confusion ran across his face, and probably ninety-seven percent of the viewers' faces at home.

“Well of course we do, hell I won it down at the bar ‘bout seven Tuesdays ago. Ain’t nobody been able ta get it offa me since. And I ain’t playin’ no games, so bring on the Pumpkin Queen, I’ll split that Jacki O’Lantern wide open with onea these big right hands…” Karate chop slap motions flew from our resident slap fighting champion. They sent Bill Fairweather backing away quickly.

“What about ‘Venom’ Xavier Lux, one of Chris Page’s own?”

“Now listen, I’ve been on the twitters all week tryin’ ta get that Chris Page feller ta give me a job. I punked the walking Q-Tip twins fer him and errythin’. But I couldn’t even get a payin’ intern gig from that ol’ son of a bitch. So lemme tell ya, I’m gonna knock the shit out of Xavier Lux and Bam Miller ten times as hard just fer hangin’ out with that ol’ dickhead. And they better tell that motherfucker Chris Page that Garry ‘Ray-Ray’ Nelson got phonebooks fer hands and their real PAGE turners,” Garry shouted angrily, as he pointed his finger and half charged the much smaller reporter.

“Woah there Garry!” Garry ‘Ray-Ray’ Nelson realized two things. One, this small man has nothing to do with the XWF and Chris Page, secondly and more importantly, he’d abandoned his Busch Light back on top of his Camaro. He stomped back to the car and pulled another can off the tab. Suddenly headlights flashed at the end of the driveway as an old mid-2000’s Cadillac pulled in. The reporter decided to try his luck one last time as he approached again with the microphone.

“Garry, what about Joshua Schuler or Money Oswald?” The reporter asked, his arm extended to the brink holding the microphone out.

“Joshua Schuler is an American and XWF hero, the man is a bonafide patriot and a warrior in the ring. I’ve been watchin’ that old man compete in the XWF since I was in high school, which really, all things considered, it was only a few years ago. But you know what I mean, Schuler and I could share a doob or drink a beer when all this is done and dusted. But in that ring I’m gonna be lookin’ ta Kentucky Fry me up a big ol’ Bearded War Pig,” Ray-Ray smirks as Pastor Rob finally exits the Cadillac. He tried to make a quick exit but Garry ‘Ray-Ray’ Nelson had other ideas.

“Now Pastor Rob, tell me what ya know about bein’ some typa DARK HORNY DEMONIC VESSEL?” Garry yelled while cackling. Rob’s eyes became the size of saucers, but Garry continued on. “It don’t matter none though, I’ll beat that horny demon and get me a title match as my first one on one here in X DUBYA F! I ain’t scared of no champions and I ain’t scared of no demons neither!” Garry smiled, shooting off finger guns again. He started to get into his Camaro.

“Are you planning to drink and drive Ray-Ray?” Garry looks down at his beer can as the question from Fairweather flies. He finishes it off anyway and tosses it over his shoulder. The tall man from Kentucky tosses the keys to the 2001 Camaro over the roof of the car to the pastor.

“Guess yer drivin’, be gentle with her,” Garry said as he walked around to the other side of the car. The camera man finally walked away from the shot and focused back on Bill Fairweather.

“Turn that fuckin’ thing off, we’re not gonna be able to use any of this shit. The kid didn’t even tell us they are foreclosing on his Pa’s farm. SON OF A BITCH!” Bill Fairweather screamed into the night, and threw his microphone against the wall of the news van.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 9 users Like GarryRayRayNelson's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (05-23-2022), "The Wolf of Afghanistan" Joshua Schuler (05-22-2022), "Venom" Xavier Lux (05-25-2022), ALIAS (05-27-2022), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (05-22-2022), Raion Kido (05-22-2022), Theo Pryce (05-22-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (05-22-2022), Vita Frickin Valenteen (07-07-2022)