Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:21 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Journeying Through The Force, P2
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

05-01-2022, 02:13 PM

The Road So Far:

A Trip Down Memory Lane

A Trip Through Hell

A Trip Through The Mind's Eye

Journeying Through The Force, P1

[Image: executive-summary.jpg]

After losing the Universal Title, Peter Vaughn has been in a bit of a funk in the XWF world, instead concentrating in other federations to continue to prove he's one of the greatest wrestlers in the world. But after a month away, Vaughn has opted to make his return, being given a chance to earn a Supercontinental Title shot this week on Warfare. To get there, he has to take down Vita Valenteen in a Cold As Hoth match, Vaughn had begun 'training' for this match by trying to endure freezing temperatures in a freezer, but he was stopped by the Head Custodian, a member of the Custodial Coalition.

Instead, Vaughn was given an opportunity to enjoy a special surprise: a Virtual Reality journey involving the Star Wars Universe. Vaughn, despite some trepidation after some previous experiences with VR, opted to go in, only to become trapped in the world when his wet hair set up a series of faults & errors in the system. Now Vaughn is trapped in a non-canon Star Wars universe, while the Head Custodian and his crew works feverishly to try and find a way to free the wrestler and return him to the real world.

Crazy shit, right?

~The picture comes up on a frantic scene. Several people are talking at once in rather high-pitched tones, some blaming others for what's transpired today. Others are desperately trying to figure out the probability numbers of success in freeing the unconscious man in front of them. Another alarm goes off from the nearby system, alerting everyone to a new change in the VR's reduced capabilities. Throughout it all, we see a man sitting calmly, thinking things through. He finally looks up at the chaos all around him.~

Head Custodian: Everyone, BE QUIET! And turn off that alarm, for Saint Joseph's sake!

~Someone obediently flips a switch, and the screeching noise goes away. The Head Custodian turns to the rest of the frazzled crew, working to display an exaggerated sense of calm.~

Head Custodian: Panicking will get us nowhere. I need some options. Let's hear them, one at a time.

~Everyone looks at each other, as if expecting them to speak. Nobody says anything.~

Head Custodian: There must be some suggestions from you technicians! This can't be the first time something like this has happened...

Technician: ... It's not the first time. But... we thought we had this glitch fixed so it would never happen again...

Head Custodian: Wait, when it happened before, how did you get the individual out?

Technician: ...

Head Custodian: So... you didn't get them out. Not alive, at least.

Technician: It was a complete fluke, sir! And we fixed the logic, there's no way an equipment failure should have caused this again! He should have just been booted from the system! I still can't understand it...

Head Custodian: Well, we're not having a similar result, do you hear me? We're pulling Peter Vaughn out of this no matter what we have to do. He's too important to the future of our cause! Now, get to work and find me actual solutions!!

~The crew moves off to brainstorm, although none look too confident in finding a solution. The Head Custodian looks at his cell phone, sending off another message. He's sent off several in the past 10 minutes, all trying to seek an unreachable source. But he's not giving up. He finishes, then turns back to where Vaughn is slightly shuddering on the VR seat.~

Head Custodian: I wonder what you're facing right now, champion. I'm sure you're going to keep fighting, no matter what is put in your way.

~The Head Custodian puts a hand on Vaughn's shoulder, even as the camera zooms in towards Vaughn's visor, disappearing inside.~

~The shot comes up on a desert landscape. There's no sign of anyone or anything alive in the distance. But we can hear something getting closer and closer to the camera.~

Voice: Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!! DAMN!!

~Peter Vaughn comes racing by the camera, flying along at top speed. He disappears on the other side of the screen, never stopping, even as we hear a loud roar. A krayt dragon appears, taking up the entire camera as it rumbles by, tearing up the landscape as rises up, furious at the man who was trying to escape it.~

[Image: anigif_sub-buzz-522-1608138488-3.gif]

~It moves off, in the direction that Vaughn ran, as the camera gets smacked to the side, crashing and going offline.~

You ever feel like you're in over your head?

I'm asking you this, Vita, because I'm wondering about you now. I caught one of your broadcasts, and the lack of respect I saw from you was extremely disturbing. I was honestly disgusted at how you and your people acted. I mean, seriously, what's wrong with you?

How could you disrespect the great name of Jim Caedus?

You're talking about a wrestler who held the Universal Title TWICE in the XWF! A wrestler who had an incredible run as the XWF Xtreme Champion, so strong that he earned a briefcase out of it and cashed it in to pin the immortal ALIAS. A man who helped form the nucleus of one of the most powerful stables ever created, Apex! I mean, the man's a certifiable legend, and a sure-fire Hall of Famer... if things hadn't ended the way they did.

Of course, by that, I mean how my squad of Exiles worked their magic and tore Apex apart from within, while I played mind games and got inside the great champion's head. Sure, Charlie and some of the others can claim some credit for that, but in the end, it was Peter Vaughn who defeated him in a wild contest at Fire & Ice, the last match he may ever have in the XWF. But does that completely destroy his legacy of dominance? I don't think so. It's still an honor to know that I vanquished such an incredible wrestler that way.

It really is a thrilling story that deserves to be made into a movie, although something tells me that's not going to happen due to current feelings regarding the man. Still, I won't sit back and listen to blasphemy from someone who didn't even know Jim Caedus well enough to treat him with the respect and dignity he deserves in his forced retirement.

Because it disrespects me as well.

You can't take my accomplishments away from me, Vita. I did what I said I was going to do. I rose to the top and became a Universal Champion faster than pretty much anyone ever has in this company. While my reign might not have lasted as long as I would have liked, the fact that I got there against intense competition should earn both myself and Jim a round of applause from mid-carders like you.

In Jim's name, I'm going to beat some respect into you on Warfare, Vita. Freedom of speech may be a right, but there's nothing that protects you from the consequences of what you've said. You're going to feel exactly what Jim felt that day, and if it means you walk away from the wrestling world too, well, it's not what I'm going for, but if it happens, I'm not exactly going to be disappointed.

Jimmy, this one's for you.

~A blinding flash of light takes place, blocking out everything on the screen. As the light fades away, we hear a loud shout, followed by the appearance of Peter Vaughn falling into view and crashing to the floor. He gets up, checking over his entire body for any wounds, but not finding any. He takes a few deep breaths, calming himself down.~

Peter Vaughn: Damn dragon's breath was worse than Bifford's! That was way too close...

~Vaughn straightens up, looking around where he's landed for the first time. He's surrounded by what appears to be Stormtrooper equipment, including their suits and weapons. It's clear he's landed in an armory.~

Peter Vaughn: Hmm. Not the worst place I could have ended up. So, uh, Head Custodian? Master Cleaner? Any of you guys plugged in yet to tell me what the hell is going on?

~Vaughn waits, but there's no answer. He didn't really expect one, but he had to at least try. Shaking his head, Vaughn grabs a rifle off the rack and studies it for a moment, before turning towards the door.~

Peter Vaughn: Well, let's see if we can figure out where we've landed, shall we?

~Vaughn moves out the door, moving slowly as he keeps his eyes peeled. He moves down a curved corridor, which appears to be made completely out of metallic substances. Vaughn continues to move carefully but calmly, ready to react if anything jumps out in front of him. He turns a corner, finding another long hallway, but this time he can hear a group of people moving down from the opposite direction. He quickly darts into a doorway, hiding there, as the group walks past him.~

Voice: We have all the gathered information on our prisoners, Admiral Daala. When do you want to begin interrogation?

Admiral Daala: As soon as possible. We must learn what else has happened to our beloved Grand Moff Tarkin and the Emperor, and how we can bring the war back to these Rebels.

Voice: Of course, Admiral.

~The group moves past, with Vaughn shaking his head in disbelief.~

Peter Vaughn: Wait, so now I'm in the Jedi Academy trilogy? The one with the hidden Imperial base beyond the black hole, where all their experiments took place? Wait, does that mean...

~Vaughn moves off to the side, looking out one of the view panels on the wall. He takes in the sight of several Star Destroyers set up around his view, as well as the structure floating in space in front of him.~

[Image: protoDS.jpg]

Peter Vaughn: So... that's the prototype Death Star, the one they based the main one on. So that puts me on Daala's ship, the Gorgon? Well, that's just great. It's going to be hard to keep all the stories straight, guys, if you keep jumping me from one to the next!

~Vaughn leans on the panel, thinking for a few moments. Slowly, a smile begins to appear on his face.~

Peter Vaughn: Of course... if this IS the Jedi Academy trilogy... I know exactly where I need to go next.

~The wrestler moves off to the right, confidently walking down the hall. After a few moments, though, he turns and comes back, stopping at a data terminal.~

Peter Vaughn: Maybe there's a map...

~Vaughn starts to work with the terminal, trying to find the information he needs, as the picture focuses in on the panel.~

~The camera zooms back, showing the control panel of the VR system here. There are still a lot of red lights flashing, which is never comforting to see. The camera moves to the side, showing the Head Custodian, still staring at his cell phone as if begging for it to ring. But there's apparently been no change. Behind him, we see the group of technicians slowly coming over to him, none of them looking particularly cheery. The Head Custodian turns to them, an eyebrow raised.~

Head Custodian: Well? You have a solution for me?

Technician: Not... a solution. More of a Hail Mary. We've been discussing about how the system seems to be stuck in a loop, jumping from condition to condition in an erratic pattern. It doesn't seem able to detach itself from the loop, due to its programming. That's why... we're thinking we might need to do something drastic.

Head Custodian: Sometimes all you have is a drastic move, gentlemen. What do you suggest?

Technician: We might have to... purge the system. This might remove a great deal of clutter that is causing the troubles, as well as allowing us to track Vaughn's matrix easier...

Head Custodian: No.

~The answer is a strong denial, taking the technicians by surprise. Even those who didn't seem confident in the option look shocked at the sudden answer by the Head Custodian. He continues on, ignoring their expressions.~

Head Custodian: If there's one thing that Peter Vaughn would never tolerate, it's a purge. He would never forgive us. Plus, it is a very risky maneuver. You could easily overwrite Mr. Vaughn as well.

Technician: That is a risk, yes sir. But we're low on other options.

Head Custodian: Whatever's happening in there, friend, you can bet Mr. Vaughn is still fighting through it. He's the only man to survive an amalgam of stories in the Custodian's Test, lasting far longer than most volunteers. I have faith in him, and you should too.

Technician: ... Yes, sir. We'll keep thinking about other possibilities.

~The technicians move off, looking more discouraged than before. But the Head Custodian is back to splitting his focus between Peter Vaughn's unconscious body and his cell phone, still waiting for a miracle.~

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a hypocrite.

I sat there and listened, Vita, as you gave your grand speech to the camera about how cheating to win is the wrong way to go. You tried to make me sound like someone who can only win one way, blackening my name while making yourself sound saintly. Is it possible for a vampire to be a saint? I wouldn't think so, but I suppose anything's possible once you allow vampires being in the world as a reality.

And yet, soon after your speech, we hear you and your friend laughing about how I lost a match to Mark Flynn because Apex distracted me, CLEARLY cheating me out of a win! I mean, all the credit in the world to Mark for taking advantage of the situation, and I still respect the hell out of the guy, but it was still a dirty victory. So why, in your eyes, is a guy like me cheating evil, but someone cheating against me being perfectly okay?

Don't answer, I know it already. You're a hypocrite, just like many wrestlers in the XWF.

I mean, I've heard it all before. I was a sinister wrestler for having help against Drew Archyle, but when HIS friends beat my guys down and left me bloody and barely conscious, everyone thought it was great. When I won the Universal Title cleanly from Jim Caedus, everyone reacted like I was a cheating bastard who didn't deserve the shot, and when I went toe-to-toe with ALIAS only to fall in the end, using no dirty tactics even though I probably should have, I still heard people saying "Good riddance".

Meanwhile, you're a blood-sucking witch who should be immediately labelled as a threat to everyone who meets you inside the ring, but since you're now thought of as a goody-two-shoes, hey, everything's fine, right?

All-in-all, Vita, I've lost two matches so far in my XWF career: to Mark Flynn and ALIAS, two of the best wrestlers in the world today. Meanwhile, you've lost two matches in a row and are headed towards number three. I actually had to go back and watch the Angelica Vaughn match, because I admittedly missed it. It was a thrill to watch her kick your ass. We may not be related (as far as we know), but I still have to root for her, and she really showed you. And now, you're ready to lose to a second Vaughn in less than a month.

How does that feel, Vita? Hate our name yet? Maybe the Vaughn name is going to become your Van Helsing. I'm more than willing to stake a lot on the line Wednesday. Including staking you, if that becomes necessary.

~The stormtroopers are shown, gathered around a specific vehicle in the landing bay. One of them gets closer to the ship, touching the metallic surface.~

Stormtrooper #1: It feels so different.

Stormtrooper #2: I wouldn't touch that if I were you.

Stormtrooper #1: It's just such an amazing piece of work. The Sun Crusher. Such a small ship, yet able to do so much destruction...

Stormtrooper #2: You ever laugh at how these scientists never realize what their inventions are going to be used for? I mean, The Death Star? The Sun Crusher? You'd think the names would give it away.

Stormtrooper #1: Scientists are too narrow-minded. They just want to get to the next project. But this one... this one's going to turn the tide for...

~Suddenly, the stormtrooper flashes away from sight, shocking everyone. His screams are heard for a second, before he goes flying out the airlock shield into space. All of the stormtroopers turn, stunned, to see the figure standing behind them.~

Peter Vaughn: Hello, boys.

~Vaughn raises his hand again, this time blasting out some blue lightning bolts that overtake two of the troopers, sending them flailing backwards. Two others dart to the sides, trying to find cover as they raise their rifles and fire. True to form, their bolts come nowhere near Vaughn, who effortlessly uses the rifle he took to blast them away with his left hand. His right continues to fire out energy, scorching the suits of the stormtroopers who can't get out of the way. One trooper manages to get away from the fray, running for the comms panel. He reaches it, pressing a button.~

Stormtrooper #2: ADMIRAL!! SECURITY ALERT!! THERE'S A.... AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

~The trooper raises his hands in terror as a heavy loading box comes flying in, crushing him into the ground. Vaughn steps around the box, looking at the panel for a moment as a voice is heard.~

Admiral Daala: Trooper! REPORT!

Peter Vaughn: We had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?

Admiral Daala: Who is this??

~In response, Vaughn shoots the comms panel. He smirks, then turns back to the Sun Crusher.~

Peter Vaughn: Time to make this baby fly.

~Vaughn goes and gets into the Sun Crusher, as alarms begin to sound all around him. The craft immediately comes online, raising up off the ground and propelling itself out of the airlock. It passes the now-frozen stormtrooper before gaining speed, moving past the four Star Destroyers in orbit. We cut to a camera shot of Vaughn inside the Sun Crusher, which has very little space to work with.~

Peter Vaughn: Y'know, Daala, I never liked you as a character. Good bye.

~Vaughn presses a button, sending a single torpedo off into the distance towards the solitary sun inside the Maw. He then turns and flies off, heading for the black hole exit. The torpedo hits the small sun, immediately causing it to become a supernova, erupting across the area. The Star Destroyers begin moving to flee, pulling away and abandoning the station. They fly after Vaughn, who is moving at a good rate of speed in the Sun Crusher. He maneuvers into the black hole, immediately causing everything to become dark.~

A lot of people like to focus on my strategies and just say I'm a cheater. I like to think of it as being willing to take any opportunities given to me.

For instance, people point to one of my first XWF pay-per-view wins, a Broom Closet Brawl with Drew Archyle. Yes, Xavier Lux got involved in that match. But none of the people who called it cheating could explain how it was against the rules. After all, a Broom Closet Brawl only has one rule: the first person to end up in the broom closet loses. Well, I didn't break that rule. I followed all the details of the match, including how weapons were encouraged. The last weapon I used? Xavier, and damn, did he get the job done. It's really Drew's own fault for not being willing to take the next legal step in the contest and have allies there, too.

It's the same way in many of my matches. I was put in a No Rules match against Supreme Machine, but everyone thought I cheated by using a tranquilizer gun... when there were NO RULES. Others have wanted to face me in Falls Count Anywhere matches or No Disqualification contests, then act shocked when I take full advantage of the stipulations. Really, it all goes back to the hypocrisy I mentioned earlier.

But that being said, Vita, you really shouldn't get hung up on my "cheating" reputation. A lot of people do. They assume that's the only way I can win, ignoring the rest of the evidence. After all, I defeated Barney Green without any antics. I took down Centurion, one of the most respected wrestlers in the game, without having any outside interference. I won the PW Valor Roth Invitational Tournament with four straight matches, wrestling cleanly in all four. So don't paint me into a corner and call me a one trick pony.

I wrestle the way the rules allow me to wrestle. So I'll leave it up to your imagination what you think I might do in a Cold As Hoth match. I always leave my options open. But do I really need to cheat to defeat a vampire? I guess we'll see. There are lots of tools I could use against you. Are you susceptible to Crucifix Powerbombs? How about if I put you into a double armbar submission, forcing your arms themselves to become the ends of the cross? How about if I dropkicked you into a partially-frozen pool of holy water?

Would you consider that cheating? Or just me taking advantage of your weaknesses, and what the rules allow?

It's going to be a blast teaching you the differences. You'd best be prepared for The Plunge.

~Once more, we find ourselves in the VR room, where the technicians are still arguing over their next course of action. The Head Custodian has moved to the side, studying the readouts of Peter Vaughn's mind. There seems to be something happening, as all of the brainwave levels are fluctuating at the moment. The Head Custodian sighs, not knowing what's going on inside, since no visuals can be obtained. Suddenly, the Head Custodian's cell phone lights up in his hand, startling him. He manages to not drop it, pressing the button and bringing it up to his ear.~

Head Custodian: Sir! I've been trying to find a way to reach.... oh, yes, sir, I guess I should have known you'd be aware of the situation... well, sir, we still have no access, but I thought, with your specific system... yes... yes sir, I know it's a risk... but you might be his only chance...

~The Head custodian is pacing back and forth, trying to plead his case, as we focus back on the sleeping Peter Vaughn and the rapid eye movements going on inside the visor.~

~Vaughn's eyes shoot open. He looks around, his hands still raised in the air as if he was still piloting the Sun Crusher. However, he's now sitting on what looks to be an expensive couch, inside of some sort of apartment or office. He gets up, feeling off-balance by the sudden change. He looks towards the ceiling, annoyed.~

Peter Vaughn: I finally get my hands on a cool toy, and you take it away from me? Not cool!

~Vaughn looks around the area, trying to place where he is now. He walks over to the window, looking out at the heavily populated city laid out in front of him. There are buildings pretty much everywhere in sight. Vaughn nods, recognizing his location.~

Peter Vaughn: So this has gotta be Coruscant. Or is this before the Rebellion took it over? Is it still Imperial Center? Hell, that probably doesn't even matter. I really don't recognize where I am, though.

~Vaughn checks the nearby desk, seeing nothing really of any interest. He stands there, confused, as there's suddenly the dinging of a bell. It's the signal of the arrival of an elevator. Vaughn turns that way, watching as half a dozen cloaked warriors step out, looking ready for a fight.~

Peter Vaughn: Wait... is this Palpatine's office? Did they write a book about the prequels or something? Or did they actually do this in the books for something else? Damn system's really starting to go haywire now. So what do you all want?

~The silhouetted Jedi stand as a group, with the man in the center voicing his response. His voice is oddly familiar.~

Jedi: We are here to end your reign of terror, Vaughn. It's time you're removed once and for all from our order!

Peter Vaughn: I know that voice...

~The Jedi step forward, each igniting their lightsabers. While it's hard to tell, each bears a remarkable resemblance to a fan favorite wrestler in the XWF. But, hey, that could all be a coincidence, right? Vaughn takes in the numbers, knowing that the deck is stacked against him here. Oddly, he smiles.~

Peter Vaughn: People have been trying to stop me for the last year. What makes you think any of you are going to be any different?

~Vaughn doesn't back down, preparing himself for battle.~

Jedi: You do not stand a chance against us. Our combined force will erase you from the history books forevermore. We will ensure that your legacy is destroyed, and that you're never given any recognition in the future. Tonight you fall, Vaughn.

~The Jedi begin to move forward beginning to encircle Vaughn. But they suddenly stop as a black mist suddenly appears, covering the spot to the right of the wrestler. Vaughn turns, taken off-guard, wondering if this is going to be another attacker.~

Peter Vaughn: Palpatine? You rising again?

~The black mist clears away, showing a man in a dark black robe standing there. He turns to Vaughn, pushing his hood backwards to reveal his face.~

Master Cleaner: No, Mr. Vaughn. But I am a friend.

Peter Vaughn: Master Cleaner!!

~Vaughn greets the master with a relieved grin, before turning back to the now-uncertain Jedi, who are looking to their leader for guidance. The Master Cleaner ignites his red lightsaber, sending its terrifying glow across the room. Vaughn triggers his purple lightsaber, still smiling, although this one has more sinister intentions. ~

Master Cleaner: Shall we, Mr. Vaughn?

Peter Vaughn: I'm ready, master. Let's teach them the true power of the Force.

~With a roar, Vaughn leaps forward, raising his blade high in the air. The Master Cleaner follows suit, jumping to the right side, as the Jedi brace themselves for battle. A few jump forward as well to meet the two men, swinging their lightsabers upwards to mat the attack. Vaughn's yell carries on as he drops, bringing his saber down as heavily as possible... as the picture cuts out. Guess you'll have to tune in next time to find out what happened, won't you?~

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Peter Vaughn's post:
Marf (05-01-2022), Raion Kido (05-02-2022), Theo Pryce (06-01-2022)