Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:50 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
You're Gonna Carry That Weight
Raion Kido Offline
The Lion

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

04-14-2022, 08:18 AM

It was obvious, from her message, that Jenny Myst was holding back her tears, looking up to the sky so that they would not fall. That concept had not escaped Raion Kido, but he had his own problems to sort out. He had already pledged to the people in the convention, the people that saw him as one of his own, that he would stand proud.

Was he going to allow himself to be bound to the same fate Jenny Myst was experiencing? Was he going to simply accept the fate of which she forewarned him? Or would he fight against it?

No! No more! We fight and we win, once and for all. Once we get out of wherever we are, at least…

Raion’s thoughts focused back to his eyes as he tried to discern where exactly he was. In the air, the heavy mist of the early morning covered everything in a cloud of white and gray, and all he could look at was the path down on his feet. In the wilderness of Mount Royal, the mist had come suddenly, as the young Lion was just beginning to make the path towards the dim light that could be seen from his current position. The golden box of the Cloth of Leo at his back was an added weight that encumbered him, but one he could not let go of yet.

“Oh, man, we’re lost…”

“Do we have to stop, or do we actually keep going?”

The other people around the young Osaka wrestler stop in their uncertainty, but Raion points at the dim light, far ahead.

“I for one shall keep going. I see the light ahead, and this mist cannot last forever.”

And so, the Lion begins to walk, step by step, the ascent until Mount Royal’s peak. As he begins to tread through the dirt road that leads to the mountain, and the light that shines from there, he feels his feet sink slightly in the wet dirt, and the box strapped to his back growing heavy on his shoulders.

But the light on the far edge of the horizon has begun to shine brighter - or maybe the Lion has made it some way through.

“You know what? Let’s follow this guy! I see that light up ahead too.”

“Not a bad idea - if we don’t lose sight of him, we’ll reach the top as well!”

“Hey, you! Golden backpack guy! Can we stick with you?”

“Let’s stick together, you lead the way!”

Raion turns around in the rest of the people’s direction, to see them slightly catching up. He receives them with a smile.

“No problem! Let’s go slow and steady, but if we keep going, we’ll make it.”

So it is then, that the Lion resumes the hike, with a group of people behind him, staring at the box at his back.

“Look at that thing shine!”

“It looks solid and heavy, what do you carry in there?”

“Oh, this? It’s hard to understand, but it’s part of my equipment. My uniform, if you will.”

“Do you have to carry it all the way to the top? You could have just left it at home - travel light.”

“I’ll put it down when I reach the top, friend, but for now, it’s my weight to carry.”

As Raion keeps walking, his breathing becomes heavy and labored, and the weight of the Golden Cloth box seems to sink his feet even further in the dirt. However, the light at the end of the road is now becoming clearer - taking the form of a cross.

That same cross that Jenny Myst seemed to get on every time she appeared on the XWF airwaves.

“I understand - some kind of promise you have made, right?”

“Looks like more trouble than it’s worth, though.”

“Oh, leave him alone, will you? It’s his own choice to deal with it!”

“Besides, he’s leading our way. Without him we’d still be stuck where we were, and now we- wait! I see it! We’ve made it!”

As the fellow travelers at his back’s conversation dies suddenly, the Lion makes it to the top, to see the Mount Royal Cross shining in a white light - a 36 feet cross made of steel. And as he looks at it, at the top of the peak of the mount, the mist is finally gone.

“Well, looks like we’re finally here. And now, it is time for me to do what I came here to do.”

Placing the golden box on the ground, he opens it, and equips the Golden Cloth of Leo. The crowd looks at the shining cross in utter rapture, then at the city of Montreal that lies below Mount Royal, and once the Lion is done, he sits on the base of the cross to regain his breath. The crowd turns back at the cross, and realize who it was they have been traveling with all this time.

“Wait a second - I know you! Raion Kido, from T.V.!”

“Wait, we’ve been traveling with the Lion all this time?”

“Well, I guess it’s true what they’ve been starting to say! Stick with Raion, and you’ll make it!”

“He leads the way!”

Raion gives a small smile, and draws himself from the ground.

“Thank you, thank you very much. But that’s not going to happen here. That’s going to happen in the ring, and that’s why I decided to come here. In order to be able to lead anyone to anything, I have my own weight to cast off.

And it’s time I do that now.”

It isn’t long before the armor shines, even brighter than the cross at the base of which he stands. Facing the city of Montreal from the peak of the mountain, and finally free of his weight, the Lion begins his message by raising a finger up at the cross.

“We all have our crosses to bear, but I’ve come to the realization that I cannot carry mine forever.”

As Raion Kido begins his speech, the wind begins to blow, dissipating whatever vestiges of the heavy mist remain, and making his cape and wild mane flutter. But the Lion closes his eyes, almost as thinking to himself, before he speaks once more.

“After all, is that not what we, as wrestlers, should be working on? Ultimately, we work to define our own selves, and not let any of the events in the ring define us. We are meant to transcend what we do in the ring. We are meant to be so much more.

And yet, Jenny Myst seems intent on defining herself by carrying her own cross.”

The Lion gazes at the cross, then back at the camera, as a smirk approaches his lips. Jenny Myst liked to tie herself to her metaphorical cross, and wished for him to do the same.

But as heavy as the two losses weighed on him, he would not. There was always a battle ahead, and his duty was to find it, and be victorious. Such was the charge of a Saint of Athena.

And that is why he must let his cosmos burn.

“Isn’t that all you’re doing now, Jenny? Didn’t I say you cried every time you had someone to hear about how you’re stuck in midcard hell? Didn’t I say you were content in the place you have for yourself now?

I mean, It must be nice to resort to the “my legacy isn’t paved in gold, but in blood” argument, especially when the gold you held is but a memory, but no one here is fooled. I know exactly what that nice little line, and your speech about converting pain into pleasure, really are - a coping mechanism. A ball of excuses to justify the fact you have lost any drive in breaking out of where you are.

But see, Jenny, like you, I wasn’t given anything, not even my title match. I earned it by beating the very Number One Contender for the Television Title - someone that you failed to beat just the very show I made my debut!”

This time, the Lion shakes his head. Jenny Myst may be jealous of the reception he received and the road he has just walked, but Raion Kido worked for it as any other member of the XWF roster. And he wasn’t going to make any excuses for why he still isn’t Television Champion or King of the XWF. There were none. That was what grinded into him.

And that was, ultimately, why this match mattered. This was his way to break free.

His way to cast off the weight he has been carrying.

Unlike you, though, I refuse to let that loss and the Pay-Per-View weigh me down. Unlike your own defeats, that’s not a weight I want to carry for the rest of my life, and that’s why I’m coming at you as if beating you meant anything, because it does. To you, it means an upset. To me, it means that all the fighting I have done hasn’t been for nothing. It means making, once again, the first step into the greatest stage that the wrestling world has to offer - a Pay-Per-View hosted by the XWF. The first stone on the way to cast off the weight I carry.

Because, despite this all, Jenny, you did get something right. I shouldn’t be facing you, or at least this version of you. Instead, I should be going back for the Television Title or getting back at Bourbon for the attack. I should, even, be facing a Jenny Myst that honors her storied past in this company rather than the one that looks at it and feels miserable - a shell of her former self.

But that’s where we come apart, Ms. Sob Story: you want to keep carrying that weight - I want to cast it off once and for all.

I said you were content in the role where you are, and you have all but confirmed it.

Instead, I take the role where I am right now as something I know I can exceed.”

The Lion now bares his teeth, ferocity now visible in his eyes. That was what drove him to his core - the realization that there was the power in him not to be bound to fate as Jenny Myst was, but to make his own path, no matter how many times he found himself derailed.

This was the time to get back on the path, and Jenny Myst would not impede him.

“Because see, Jenny - everything I am and I do here has a purpose. You claim now you loathed when you were the best you could possibly be, but this is my purpose in life; and what I loathe, is to see people not to live up to their potential, and most of all, that applies to myself. You say you know everyone above you can beat you? I’m coming here every night to prove I can beat them, to prove that I’m truly alive!

Knowing all of that, Jenny, is this depressing tune about how my inevitable fall is coming the best choice you have? Is all you can tell me that I am going to lose eventually, and that you won’t even care if you beat me?

Seriously, Ms. Mental Patient, do you even listen to yourself? I’m sure that people will be thrilled to hear your apathy if, by some disruption of the cosmos, you pull that upset you pretend not to desperately want. Your greatest win in a very long time, and here you are wasting it. I would call that insulting if it were anything other than idiotic, but that’s one more proof of all I’ve said. You’re oblivious. You’re indifferent. And therefore, you’re not worthy of sharing the same ring as I.

And of course, let’s not forget the boring Asian jokes you weren’t going to do. It’s almost like you failed to notice that every one that came at me with those stupid lines ended up staring at the ceiling lights. Ask Cage Coleman and Thunder Knuckles. No, wait, forget that part. You’re blonde, not blind, so I should assume you did this knowingly, almost like it’s all you know how to do. And then you wonder why people think you’re easy.

It’s not like I have ever come close to even implying it, but thank you for just showing it, Ms. Blonde Stereotype. I specifically told you to give me something, anything, to change that impression everyone has of you being vapid, but in the end, that’s where you’ve willingly gone. You have not even attempted otherwise. You have accepted that’s who you are. You have chosen, one more time, to wallow in your own mediocrity.”

Raion now shows his predator’s grin - those peeled back lips and canines that smile right before delivering the final blow. His opponent was in love with her own sorrow, stuck in her own hell - a hell of her own choosing, in whose comforting embrace she would remain unless she realized the danger in which she was.

The decision was not Raion’s to make, but he could at least deliver a warning. And that he would do, at Savage Saturday Night.

“And since you’ve harped on the record, tell me: of those seven matches you have won, how many of them were an actual threat? While you were facing Angelica Vaughn on an off night, I was defeating Centurion. Oh, and by the way, given your story, I appreciate the compliment.

But let’s keep going, shall we? While you were facing newcomer Erica Marie, I had the biggest showcase match so far against Thaddeus Duke. While you were beating Barney Green, I was going against Charlie Nickles - current Television Champion. When you were beating the Latina Submission Machina, I was taking on Cage Coleman - former 24-7 Xtreme Champion. And while you lost the last serious match you had to Bobby Bourbon, I was beating Thunder Knuckles - former Television and Tag Team Champion. And it’s not like I have ever been to Anarchy, but let’s not pretend throwing a small-sized luchador into the Chicago River on Saint Patrick’s Day is even remotely the same as facing someone of my caliber.

Because even after two missed big chances, I shall not let anyone forget that the name of Raion Kido came to what it is now for a reason, and it is finally time it gets something past the recognition it now has. To that end, I’m going to war.

And the first battle starts now. Savage Saturday Night, April 16th, Montreal, Quebec. You’ve been fortunate enough not to cross paths with the Lion, but that ends inside the Belle Centre. There you shall find someone that rejects your premise from the start, that knows where he’s going and knows you’re in his path, and is therefore intent on removing you from it. Lash out at me, scream your insanity to the four winds, tell me how hollow my victory shall be, be apathetic at the thought of your upset win, but know that in the end, everything will be futile - because this match, my dear Jenny, ultimately, goes beyond you.

And once you’ve finally fallen and screamed your last, the rest of the roster, the XWF Universe in attendance and those watching at home, shall finally know that the weight is finally lifted - that the cosmos is burning once more!”

The Lion lets out his mighty roar. This was, after all, what needed to happen. For Jenny Myst this might be a miracle, but for Raion Kido, this was a matter of principle, for there was much work to be done in the road to Leap of Faith.

But to make that Leap of Faith, he had to have faith of his own. Jenny Myst, therefore, would be the first test of faith. Not just for the XWF Universe or management, but for himself. He had already carried a heavy weight on his shoulders.

It was high time to let go.

“But you know what? Despite this all, I don’t hold any hatred, or personal animosity towards you. I simply see the first step of the new road, and I’ll be damned if I don’t start it with the victory that it deserves. Call me resentful, call me bitter, anything you want, but unlike you, I don’t prey on the weak. And as proof of that, I’m going to give you some advice, Jenny.”

The Lion points a finger at the camera. Harsh circumstances these may be, but in the end, he meant every word.

Whether Jenny Myst paid heed or not, that was her decision.

“I hope you take this upcoming loss as a warning, that very moment you realize you’re in danger, and only escaped doom this time right by the skin of your teeth. And when that happens, perhaps we’ll meet again, and maybe then you will be ready.

So once you wake up after the Lightning Bolt impacts your heart, or the Lightning Plasma sends you into a shock you never came close to experiencing in your mental facility, remember my words, Jenny.

Remember all of this I’m telling you, and get off that damned cross to which you seem intent on tying yourself, despite it being able to make your spinal cord collapse and crush you under its weight.

And remember, once you do, that it was the roar of the Lion that warned you of your fate.

Because otherwise, Jenny Myst, well…”

The Lion gives the camera a final stare and a sly smile, thrusting his right fist forward. He extends his index and thumb, mimicking a gun, and opens fire, a silent “BANG!” coming in from his lips, before he utters his final words.

“... You’re going to carry that weight.”

Fade to black.

3000 words (wordcounter.net)

[Image: yfesfA4.jpg]

Signature courtesy of Atara Themis!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Raion Kido's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (04-14-2022), Jenny Myst (04-14-2022), Marf (04-14-2022), Mark Flynn (04-14-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (04-14-2022), Vita Frickin Valenteen (04-14-2022)