Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-05-2024, 03:42 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entire XWF Roster
Swift Ion Offline
Plagiarism

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

07-04-2013, 06:53 AM

OOC:

XWF, this past week, I made my RPs like everyone else...But, it wasn't mine. I plagiarised the work I have done. II thought that I could do three matches in one week, but my mind said, I can't do it. I didn't know any way to get done, with quality RPs for all Matches, and I only did it this week, don't get me wrong, everyone of my RPs to now we're mine. Someone said that I need to make more quality RPs and find my Gimmick. Its just I didn't know what to do anymore...Its like this was my only chance to get closer to a Title and get more wins. It doesn't look like Heyman didn't care that I was on his Roster anymore. Wallace, I know I should've been honest this whole time about my RPs aand kept doing honest RPs from me. I just couldnt take it no more that everyone was getting on me over me getting pineed by a table. I know its just for charcter here. I just want to apologize to the whole XWF Roster because I know everyone has put their hard work in their original RPs.

[Image: Bleacher-Report_logo.jpg]
[Image: ap19.PNG]]

Finisher: Copy and paste!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-04-2013, 07:07 AM

You may feel as though you were getting picked on but that still does not excuse cheating and plagiarizing. This is just a game and nobody meant to hurt your feelings personally. From what I've seen and heard all the events were taking place IN CHARACTER, so that's exactly where you should leave them. Obviously if the game is affecting how you feel in real life then I think it's best you take a break anyways and really think about how to separate the emotions that you carry from your character to real life experiences. I have my final punishment in mind but before I make that decision I'm going to leave this thread open for others to comment.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 10 users Like Wallace Witasick's post:
(07-04-2013), #MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (07-04-2013), Alex Shawn (07-04-2013), AlexandraCallaway (07-04-2013), Andrew Morrison (07-04-2013), John Austin (07-04-2013), Peter Fn Gilmour (07-04-2013), Steve "KingSlayer" Davids (07-04-2013), Swift Ion (07-04-2013), Tony Santos (07-04-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-04-2013, 07:07 AM

Don't steal-- it's easy for us to notice since we're reading your work every week.

Don't do 3 shows a week if you're struggling with just 1.

I hope you've learned from your mistakes.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
(07-04-2013), #MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (07-04-2013), AlexandraCallaway (07-04-2013), Swift Ion (07-04-2013), Tony Santos (07-04-2013)
Swift Ion Offline
Plagiarism

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

07-04-2013, 07:09 AM

I have learned from this and this could lead to a big problem in my life, if this was out in the Real World.

Hate Post Like Post
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-04-2013, 07:11 AM

Hey man, it might be time to take a break and just collect yourself and your emotions. It's best to reflect on the fact that this is all for fun and not take it personally. Give yourself some time, take a few weeks or months, and see if you're game to get into it again.

And don't cheat. That just sucks, especially for those of us who juggle devoting literally hours a week to this with jobs and other real life ish.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Tony Santos's post:
Andrew Morrison (07-04-2013), Swift Ion (07-04-2013)
#MemeQueen Luca Torchwick Offline
Waves don't die.

XWF FanBase:
Women and gay men

(physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes)

07-04-2013, 07:12 AM

Couldn't handle three matches in one week, huh? Newsflash for you, there's a LOT of people who get booked in multiple matches in the course of a week. For example, as a handler I'm booked in three separate matches for the PPV alone, and on top of that, I have two characters on the Madness card this week. Are you going to see dropping work that isn't mine for ANY of these matches?

No, you aren't. Because I'm not an asshole in that respect. I can handle every match I sign myself up for, and if I can't I can just a PM to the people I'm facing and the GM of the show telling them that I can't get something up for the match, they aren't going to jump down your throat if you let 'em know in advance that you just can't do it.

To close this, I just want to say that your reasons for plagiarizing are really fucking stupid, and could've all been avoided if you were aware of your limits and didn't take things so seriously.

End rant.

Edit/Addition (No rant, I promise)

However, despite all the hate prior, you did have the integrity to say you did and what you did was wrong. That goes a long way in my books, despite how I feel about why you did it. The decision comes back down to Wallace, and I doubt you'll get a too severe punishment.

I do hope you come back, and improve on your own. This place is for fun, and copying work kinda takes the fun out of it for everyone.

So, here's hoping when you come back, you're ready to put this behind you and have fun again.

End Edit.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes #MemeQueen Luca Torchwick's post:
AlexandraCallaway (07-04-2013)
Alex Shawn Offline
Glory Will be Achieved

XWF FanBase:
Raging Face

(heavily cheered BECAUSE they'll break rules & bones)

07-04-2013, 07:17 AM

I did this exact same thing and when I came back I just started to work harder and I have been thinking of my own original work and I have been getting better from before I did this. I still need improvement but I get better every week because I try my best to take in the feedback I receive from others. If and when you come back change up your character If it helps at all. It sure helped me.

[Image: 82f7f76c-9a83-4639-83c9-ae1c0eaae15d_zps...1374510554]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Alex Shawn's post:
Jessie-ica Diaz (07-04-2013), Swift Ion (07-04-2013), Wallace Witasick (07-04-2013)
Matt Lennox Offline
I cry like a baby

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-04-2013, 07:19 AM

Like Tony said, I think you should take a break.

[Image: 311kzti.jpg]

Accomplishments
1 time XWF Xtreme champion
2 time FTW UFO E1999 champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matt Lennox's post:
Swift Ion (07-04-2013)
John Austin Away
Grizzled Young Vet

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

07-04-2013, 07:23 AM

Stealing someone elses work? that's not cool man. Like everyone else has stated, take a break away from here, come up with a new character and work on some RPs to see if you can play that character. If you do come back then really try your hardest and if you lose? you lose.

It's all for fun, it's not like we really hold the X-treme title and main event before a sell out crowd at the O2 arena...although that would be nice Big Grin

Regardless, don't take things so seriously here, it's all for fun.

To find John, turn those lights out because he will then appear...
XWF LEGEND and the only man who punked out Duke TWICE
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Austin's post:
Tony Santos (07-04-2013)
Steve "KingSlayer" Davids Offline
Steve Davids

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

07-04-2013, 07:24 AM

I am mainly forgiving when it comes to this sort of thing. Your reasoning behind it makes little sense to me though.

I personally think if you can't cope. Take a break, like I am. Or simply don't RP at all. Anything is better than copying and pasting someone else's work.

If you are going to use someone's work in your RP, put credit to where it came from... If you read some of my recent work I use poems that weren't written by me, but clearly after say credit to: and then the link of where it came from. It's not difficult. If you need help with anything just ask. There's a really good management team who are understanding so just speak to them...

If you need advice on how to improve your work then feel free to ask me. I am taking a break myself so i can get some fresh ideas... So I have more free time than usual.

[Image: Gtfmgih.jpg]

3x Xtreme Champion
1x Briefcase Holder
1x Television Champion
1x Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve "KingSlayer" Davids's post:
(07-04-2013), Swift Ion (07-04-2013)
Steve Davids

XWF FanBase:

07-04-2013, 07:51 AM

P.S I don't think the punishment should be too harsh. Strike 1.

3x Xtreme Champion
1x Briefcase Holder
1x Television Champion
1x Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve "KingSlayer" Davids's post:
Swift Ion (07-04-2013)
Andrew Morrison Away
The Storm Of Destruction

XWF FanBase:

07-04-2013, 09:18 AM

Not a fan of stealing peoples work, and i feel like its a slap in the face to the people that are like me that not only have work outside of this and personal things to handle outside of this but still make the time to write honest RPs. and the fact your partly blaming it on the whole fact that "were using the table thing" is pretty b.s trying to blame others for your mistakes. its called a storyline. do you see me on here posting how im upset about my guy getting hit with a sack of potatoes or the constant "hurricane" jokes? you take it and you use it to make yourself better, not use it as an excuse to slap everyone in the face. and as far as schedules, im scheduled for two shows this next week, would have been three but i told Wallace i had to drop from the 3rd cause it would have been too much. first off man cheating aint cool no matter what the circumstance and I personally aint that happy about it cause I am one of the guys your "RPing" against this past week so i feel like thats a slap in the face to me, because I practically literally bust my ass to give everyone here the best RP possible and win the right way. but second off, i understand that sometimes you stretch yourself too thin and sometimes it may seem like the easiest way out. I appreciate the fact that you were man enough to admit your mistakes and i aint as mad as I could have or should have been. My suggestion, similar to some of the others, I think the best thing for you to do would be to take a break, get your head on straight, get things in order, and then come back a better Swift Ion.

As far as punishment, honestly, the fact that he is partly trying to lay blame on us for using the whole table "storyline" against him for being an excuse to cheat is b.s. But the fact that he was man enough to apologize and admit SOME of the responsiblity, I wouldnt go too harsh but also I think he deserves slightly more than minimum, cheating is wrong no matter how you try to slice it and he should be held FULLY responsible. But honestly bro no hard feelings, i just hope you learn from this, you learn to accept responsibiilty better and i hope you come back a better Ion.

W-L Record Since Return: 1-1 (singles or tag) 0-1 (special/gauntlet matches)
[Image: pdCdNLq.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Morrison's post:
Swift Ion Offline
Plagiarism

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

07-04-2013, 09:22 AM

I didn't say it was practically over storylines or anything about the Table, did I...No.

Hate Post Like Post
Swift Ion Offline
Plagiarism

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

07-04-2013, 09:23 AM

And Thanks Morrison for that, Hope to see you in the long run.

Hate Post Like Post
Andrew Morrison Away
The Storm Of Destruction

XWF FanBase:

07-04-2013, 09:41 AM

(07-04-2013, 06:53 AM)Swift Ion Said: . I just couldnt take it no more that everyone was getting on me over me getting pineed by a table.

did you not say that though? ya i know you know its just for character but again thats no excuse to have to resort to plagarism man but I understand why you felt you may have had to do it, sometimes we stretch ourselves too thin and what not and trust me, sometimes what other guys say on here whether its in character or not can be frustrating, I pull my hair out arguing with JTC IC cause hes really good at being an asshole lol, but thats just an example lol. i just think that the whole table thing shouldnt have even been brought up, it just made it seem like part of the blame was being laid on the rest of us because we kept using it against you and that it was a way to say that even though i know its for story i felt like i had to do something cuz i was tired of it. i didnt mean for what i said to sound personal or that it was just that, i know there was other bigger factors. i just didnt get why the table thing was even brought up, Like Wallace said, this is all supposed to be in good fun and none of what we did with the table or what not was meant to be serious and my issue was that it sounded like with that that you took it too serious and it was a factor in why you did what you did. then again i could be reading it wrong. im mainly just upset because I am one of the couple of people that has/is going to be directly affected by this as Im one of your upcoming opponents and i didnt join this place to deal with stuff like this, i came to have fun and be creative. thats what we all are here to do, but I get sometimes it gets a little overwhelming. Look man, no hard feelings, I just want this place to be the best it can be and i guess its just how i was raised with my own competitive nature that cheating is serious and I honestly think it should be slightly more than a slap on the wrist, but I do feel that your being honest when you say it wont happen again and I really do hope that youll consider a break to get things together and come back, because honestly there was nothing wrong with your character, i mean yes we all win some, we lose some, but at the end of the day, its all about the fun, and it should be fun for you and fun for all of us. I apologize if I came or come off as a hardnosed douche or anything in my posts, just was giving out my opinion of what I got from what you said and my opinion on the whole cheating matter and I honestly didnt mean anything personal or rude by it, if thats how it got taken by anyone here I apologize. I just want what is best for everyone and for XWF. I hope that everything works out for the best whatever that is and whatever falls out from this I will support. and like Steve, if you need any help in the future, i am willing to listen and help. Again, I apologize if i came off as a hard-nosed asshole or if I misunderstood some of your posts man was just giving my opinion based on how I took it and I didnt mean for it to sound like I was taking any shots at you for anything other than what we all are here discussing. No hard feelings bro, and I really do hope to see you in the long run down the road cuz hell there arent too many faces around so its nice to have that change of pace around here. I'll shut my mouth now, sorry for the long post lol

W-L Record Since Return: 1-1 (singles or tag) 0-1 (special/gauntlet matches)
[Image: pdCdNLq.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Morrison's post:
Scott Charlotte Offline
Shhhh

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

07-04-2013, 09:57 AM

Alright I get the point that this is bad and we have all had our say that he needs to take a step back and rethink things. This is no reason to start a fight between the two of you. It wont help anything, it has never helped anything. So lets all hold hands and sing Trouble.

(1x) Hart Champion
(1x)X-treme Champion
(1x) Tag Team Champion w/ Q.C. Thug

Current Record

[Image: p_197-329-tragedy-comedy-270x270.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Scott Charlotte's post:
#MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (07-04-2013), AlexandraCallaway (07-10-2013), Andrew Morrison (07-04-2013), Wallace Witasick (07-04-2013)
"The Phantom" Jack Kronus

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-04-2013, 10:17 AM

There is no need to sign up for 3 shows at once. It is easier to roleplay just for one. You will get more time, more ideas and you will see that you will produce better roleplays. As for the titles and the main events, don't worry, you will get there. Rome wasn't built in a day. I bet that most of the champions had to lose many times before winning something...
[-] The following 4 users Like "The Phantom" Jack Kronus's post:
John_Black (07-04-2013), Matt Lennox (07-04-2013), Tony Santos (07-04-2013), Wallace Witasick (07-04-2013)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-04-2013, 01:44 PM

I feel like this will be a learning lesson much like it was for certain others in the past.

Believe it or not, there's NO other offense in the entire world of e-fedding that is worse. To steal work and try to post it as your own is the same as going on a mass killing spree in real life and biting the heads off of innocent babies along the way, while kicking and stomping on small puppies and kittens. NOTHING is worse in e-fedding.

The only thing that comes in as a close #2 would be to attack somebody OOC in your In-Character work.

You may be new to the game and all that, but part of you knew this was wrong I'm sure. Now, you know how seriously we all take it. It's the same in every fed.

Whatever punishment is passed your way I already will approve of, and I hope whatever it is will allow you to sit back and clear your mind a little so that when you return to action you have a much stronger grasp on why we all do this. Stealing work kills it, in every form, for all of us.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
#MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (07-04-2013), Andrew Morrison (07-04-2013), Scott Charlotte (07-04-2013), Swift Ion (07-04-2013), Tony Santos (07-04-2013), Wallace Witasick (07-04-2013)
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-04-2013, 03:46 PM

I'd like to weigh in here for a minute, if I could.

1st... All I ever did as a General Manager was to try and help you get better and tell you things you need to do to make your work better. I don't think I ever belittled you or anything like that in our PMs back and forth. If I did, I apologize. Obviously I failed you, much like I did with Alex Shawn. Sometimes, I just don't have the ability to help others get better. For that, I also apologize.

2nd... If you were ever not happy on Madness, all you had to do was switch shows. I work hard to try and make Madness as fun as I can for all involved. If you weren't having fun, then by all means, switch shows. That goes for everybody on my roster.

3rd... I never want to lose anyone on my roster. Everyone brings something different to the table which makes numerous matches a real challenge to judge.

4th... Yeah, you were picked on for losing to a table. But, as others have stated, it was in character. I'm partially responsible for that because I'm the one that wrote it. However, I'm not feeling apologetic for that. Reason is, you and I had gone back and forth via PM for a couple of weeks in order to help you improve your work. I had discussed this situation with others as events transpired. I told you that you were basically posting the same Sayors interview every week. Then you wanted feedback on your next piece... Low and behold its another interview, not with Sayors, bur with a generic Wrestling Interviewer. There's nothing wrong with that on the outside, but I felt you were just being a smartass. Your increasing agitation over losing to superior writers, in other words - complaining.

I hate complainers. I also handle Sebastian Duke and for one reason or another he's one of the more respected characters. Is it because he always wins? No, its because I write my own damn work. Actually, I lose a lot, and don't give two shits that I do.

Anyhow, back on point. You even once asked if I could book you in a battle royal and let you win because you hadn't won a match yet. I told you that wins were determined by roleplay quality and not by anything else. That's all well and good. Whatever.

The icing on the cake came the week you got pinned by the table. After all of that, you posted one roleplay about a paragraph in length. So yeah, if you're going to waste my time and energy trying to help you improve and I get crap like that in return, you may as well have just no-showed.

On the flip side of the coin. I had a very long discussion about you with Crimson Cobra last wek when he ran the show. We both thought you showed a nice bit of improvement, and you put forth a lot of heart and dedication and effort into your work that week. And we came to the conclusion that it should be rewarded by giving you the runner-up spot in that battle royal. Of course, ultimately I left it up to him.

Hard work, and actually giving a shit about getting better and improving DOES pay off. You want proof? Look at Neil Capra/Luca Arzegotti. When that boy first got here, it was basic one, two, three paragraph roleplays. He sought out some help in geting better and just a few months later, he's on the doorstep of becoming King of the XWF. Why? Because he's worked his ass off to get better and better.

5th... Finally.... I hate cheaters more than I hate complainers. Not by much. Given what you've said and admitted to, I'm in favor of the same penalty Alex Shawn received. 1 Month ban. Furthermore, if it's not that, then I back up Wallace in whatever he decides.

-Paul fucking Heyman
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Paul Heyman's post:
#MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (07-04-2013), Andrew Morrison (07-04-2013), Steve "KingSlayer" Davids (07-04-2013), Swift Ion (07-04-2013), Tony Santos (07-04-2013), Wallace Witasick (11-19-2013)
Steve Davids

XWF FanBase:

07-04-2013, 04:08 PM

I agree with Satty. Sometimes a character does run its course. I have used the Steve Davids persona for the best of ten years now in other federations as well obviously but it's only natural to run out of ideas. I could easily recycle my old work, but then I wouldn't enjoy it, so what would be the point? It's all well and good winning, but I want people to read my work and enjoy the story I am telling. I'm not in the game to simply win matches, and I think you're in the wrong place if you are.

3x Xtreme Champion
1x Briefcase Holder
1x Television Champion
1x Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve "KingSlayer" Davids's post:
Andrew Morrison (07-04-2013)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

07-04-2013, 05:23 PM

im booked in 2 matches fo the ppv and I know its gonna be very tough to rp for them both.. (assuming im still ufo champ by then) but im gonna try my best to take my rp's in a different direction and not step on my toes with the trios title match..

you're not the only one who has done this dude.. but i agree with everybody taking 3 matches a week is overkill. stick to one show and i think it will work out for u

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
Tony Santos (07-04-2013), Wallace Witasick (07-04-2013)
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-04-2013, 08:10 PM

Everyone here wants to have fun role playing and becoming better writers.

Swift Ion needs to take some time to figure out how he can get the passion back to write his character.

As many have said I think it's best you take some time off and that is why I am going to enforce the 1 month ban. If it happens again it WILL be permanent.

As Administrator stated; what you did is considered the worst offense you can commit in an e-fed and to set an example to everyone else who may think cheating is something you can get away with. It's not, and you must accept the punishment, learn from it, and come back a better person in one month.

In 12 hours your ban will start after you get a chance to see this and read what everyone has posted. Think about some of it while you take your month break and figure out if this is really something you want to have fun doing in your spare time. Because if you are cheating to try and win you already know your not having fun and doing something wrong.

Just a warning to anyone else out there who may think cheating and plagiarizing is something you can get away with. You can't! We will catch you. Maybe not the first time. But we WILL catch you!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Wallace Witasick's post:
(07-05-2013), AlexandraCallaway (07-10-2013), Steve "KingSlayer" Davids (07-04-2013), Tony Santos (07-05-2013)