Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 07:06 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Who was Msrch's STAR of the month?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Vita Valenteen
29.41%
5 29.41%
Bobby Bourbon
35.29%
6 35.29%
Alias
17.65%
3 17.65%
Ned Kaye
5.88%
1 5.88%
Corey Smith
0%
0 0%
Latina Submission Machina
0%
0 0%
OTHER
11.76%
2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MARCH 2022 SOTM
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-01-2022, 12:52 PM

Hey there cats and kittens!

It's time to figure out the March Madness star of the month! Obviously the March Madness show just happened and that's probably going to weigh heavy to most people, so, I made a short list of "nominees" based on results across the entire month. Along with the PPV we had two Anarchy shows, two Warfares, and one Savage. We also had the Monday Madness angled show but I don't really consider those.

Anyhoo!

Please choose a name from this list OR select "other" and then TELL US WHO THAT IS.

After you vote, make sure to leave a comment and tell us why you went the direction you did.

Thanks! Here ya go....

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Thunder Knuckles™ Offline
A No Good Bastard

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

04-01-2022, 12:55 PM

I voted for Vita who work rate was bar-none and ended up winning the whole month across all shows. Pretty splash worthy.

[Image: newtngb.png?ex=661f68da&is=660cf3da&hm=6...9be1b4b4b&]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Thunder Knuckles™'s post:
Marf (04-01-2022), Ned Kaye (04-01-2022)
Kris Cruze Offline
God's Gift

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

04-01-2022, 12:57 PM

Kris Cruze for the greatest return this company has ever seen.

[Image: cruzebanner.png]

*One Time XWF Heavy Metalweight Champion*
*One Time Owner Of Gabe Reno's Man Pussy*
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Kris Cruze's post:
Charlie Nickles (04-01-2022), Ned Kaye (04-01-2022)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Kris Cruze's post!
Marf (04-01-2022)
Marf Offline
THE Marf

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-01-2022, 01:37 PM

I could come up with several lists of why any of those names deserves the nod this month. Since I can only vote once, my vote goes to the professor himself, Ned Kaye. The story he built around the Chameleon was so interesting to read and he had to kick it into high gear this past month to lead up to the big reveal. Super well done!

2x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
5x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Member of Charlie’s Carnies
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marf's post:
Ned Kaye (04-01-2022)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

04-01-2022, 01:55 PM

i went king bob

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
The Chameleon Offline
is Ned Kaye

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

04-01-2022, 02:08 PM

I thought about this for a good moment and I went ahead and voted for Thunder Knuckles. I absolutely think that Bobby's victory was deserved and well-earned and I ultimately suspect him to be victorious, which is great because the king is the king. However, TK's efforts were incredibly impressive and he really put on a great performance I think deserves some form of acknowledgement.

EDIT: Also, I just haven't logged out of this account on my writing setup, so that's why Chameleon account lol
Hate Post Like Post
Vita Frickin Valenteen Offline
Vicious Frickin Vampire

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-01-2022, 03:26 PM

King BOBby is King.

On edit, to elaborate; Bobby was here and Bobby was good. Bobby found his niche and Bobby thrived. Then one day, Bobby was gone. Nowhere to be found. His partner left alone to fend for himself, and fend for himself he did, defeating a former universal champion and joining a small but impressive list of names. TK was and still is one the rise, as evident by his performance at MM, but not just his, all 4 of the finalist stepped up their games, Kido, Bobby, Jenny, and especially Tk, who I suspect had he not been as motived and fire as he was, might have me selling a different story with a particular "rookie" crowned our King. Bobby is back and pushing harder than I think he has in a minute. That's not a dis at his prior work by any means. Records speak for themselves, and I think March Madness isn't the result of his hard work, but instead the begining of something bigger, which is why King BOURBON gets my vote.

On edit edit, reason=spoiler: Eyeing a certain champ for early RPOTM 👀

[Image: VVbatlogosm.png]

1x Anarchy Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
1x Lord Of Violence (March 2022)
2x Tag Team Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
3x Heavy Metalweight Champion
1x Federweight Champion
24/7 Briefcase Winner - March 2019
2019 Tweener Of The Year

Match History
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vita Frickin Valenteen's post:
Ned Kaye (04-01-2022)
ALIAS Offline
Space Jesus

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

04-01-2022, 04:46 PM

God damn. You know it's a big month when ya boy here beats TV champ Charlie, tag champ Flynn AND Uni champ Vaughn all in one month and yet can't even catch a vote. On any other month I would think that would be a no brainer. But.. I get it. Went with Vita for the work across ALL shows, Madness included. What was it, 5-0? 6-0? Something nuts like that.

Do you have a light?

[Image: 7qdASxF.jpg]
(Banner courtesy of Atara Themis)
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes ALIAS's post:
Mark Flynn (04-01-2022)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-01-2022, 09:41 PM

(04-01-2022, 04:46 PM)ALIAS Said: God damn. You know it's a big month when ya boy here beats TV champ Charlie, tag champ Flynn AND Uni champ Vaughn all in one month and yet can't even catch a vote. On any other month I would think that would be a no brainer. But.. I get it. Went with Vita for the work across ALL shows, Madness included. What was it, 5-0? 6-0? Something nuts like that.

You've officially broken into the "too consistently good" club. But I'm voting for you.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
ALIAS (04-01-2022)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

04-01-2022, 09:46 PM

(04-01-2022, 09:41 PM)Corey Smith Said:
(04-01-2022, 04:46 PM)ALIAS Said: God damn. You know it's a big month when ya boy here beats TV champ Charlie, tag champ Flynn AND Uni champ Vaughn all in one month and yet can't even catch a vote. On any other month I would think that would be a no brainer. But.. I get it. Went with Vita for the work across ALL shows, Madness included. What was it, 5-0? 6-0? Something nuts like that.

You've officially broken into the "too consistently good" club. But I'm voting for you.

pfffft you think that's bad? Charlie's so good he doesn't even make the list of nominees! Nevermind the .500 monthly record!

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charlie Nickles's post:
ALIAS (04-01-2022)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

04-02-2022, 04:49 AM

The jokes on you for thinking that beating Nickles is an accomplishment.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
ALIAS (04-02-2022)
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-04-2022, 02:29 PM

You got my vote. Vaughn's still sore lol.

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Vaughn's post:
Vita Frickin Valenteen (04-04-2022)
Mark Flynn Offline
24/7 Briefcase Holders get their name in GOLD
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

04-04-2022, 07:04 PM

Y'ALL READY FOR MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!

Disclaimer: I'm not telling you who to vote for, I'm just doing some calculations and showing you what they were before I made my decision. My math doesn't prove or disprove anything. Which I think you already know cuz the last two months, my pick didn't even win Tongue But anyway, I ain't mathematically proving anything definitively, I just like whoever I picked based on subjective statistics.

NOW, WITNESS MY MATHS!

March Records

Vita Valenteen
Madness: 1-0
Anarchy: 2-0
Savage: 1-0
Warfare: 1-0
PPV: 1-0
Overall: 6-0
Biggest Achievement: Won 24/7 Freestyle Belt, Currently tied for first place in S Block

Bobby Bourbon
PPV: 2-0
Overall: 3-0
Biggest Achievement: Won King of the XWF

Alias
Overall: 3-0
Biggest Achievement: Won Uni Title

Ned Kaye (as Chameleon)
Savage: 0-1
Warfare : 0-0-1
Overall: 1-1-1
Biggest Achievement: Won X-Treme Title

Corey Smith
Overall Record: 2-0
Biggest Achievement: Officially hit Supercontinental champion for 8 months

Latina Submission Machina
Savage: 0-1
Overall Record: 1-1
Biggest Achievement: Won Anarchy Belt

Other
Boots Lichter
Biggest Achievement: Currently tied for first place in L Block

Jason Cashe
Biggest Achievement: Currently tied for first place in L Block

Okay, so… I’ma go ahead and cut the people who didn’t win more than half of their matches. So, that eliminates LSM and Ned Kaye.

I’m also going to cut Corey and my two dark horse Other Selections, Cashe and Boots. Great months from all three, but limited match numbers compared to the rest of the field.

So that leaves Vita, Bobby and Alias.

Okay, now watch this though. A lot of people are citing Vita’s 6-0 record. Bobby comparatively has a 3-0 record, all of his matches taking place in the King of the XWF tourney. Alias also has a 3-0.

HOWEVER… How difficult were these records to obtain? How do they compare with one another? Let’s calculate…

COMBINED OPPONENT WIN-LOSS RECORD FOR MARCH

Vita beat…
Morbid Angel (0-1) (0-3 if you also count MiniMorbid which… do you? What’s the canon? Are Morbid and Mini-Morbid the same guy or different people? Whatever, let’s play it safe and say 0-1)
Calvary (twice) (1-3)
Alex Minette-Vega-Yin (0-1)
Ruby (1-1)
Hide Yamakazi (0-1) & Jacki O’Lantern (0-1) & Oliver Taylor (0-1)

Combined Record of Opponents in March: 2-9
Combined Records of Opponents minus matches against Vita: 2-1
Combined Wins of Vita’s Opponents in March: 2

Bobby beat…
Raion Kido (2-1)
Jenny Myst (3-1)
Calvary (1-3)

Combined Record of Opponents in March: 6-5
Combined Records of Opponents minus matches against Bobby: 6-2
Combined Wins of Bobby’s Opponents in March: 6

Alias beat…
Peter Vaughn (1-1)
Mark Flynn (2-1)
Charlie Nickles (1-1)

Combined Record of Opponents in March: 4-3
Combined Records of Opponents minus matches against Alias: 4-0
Combined Wins of Alias' Opponents in March: 4

Okay… So, Vita had an incredible month. Six wins in one month might be a record. But she also had beat 9 people that all-combined scored two total wins for the month of March.

Meanwhile, Bobby went undefeated and scored the only victories in March over last month’s SotM, Kido and Jenny Myst.

And Alias literally beat three dudes (myself included) that only lost to him for the entire month!

…Shit. Okay. So I’ma cut Vita. And that just leaves Bobby and Alias…

…Sheeeeeeeeeeee-it.

So, as a rule-of-thumb for JUST my vote and no one else’s… I tend to give an extra point for beating last month’s SotM. And Bobby beat Raion soooooo…

For the record, Vita, Alias and Bobby all had incredible months and should be very proud.

…Buuuuuuuuuut, I gotta throw it to Bobby this month. Long live the King.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark Flynn's post:
Ned Kaye (04-04-2022), Vita Frickin Valenteen (04-04-2022)