Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:54 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thus Spake GH the Great, Chapter 1597
The Generic Heel Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-31-2022, 11:35 AM

CH-CH-CH-CH-CH

CH-CH-CH-CH-CH

CH-CH-CH-CH-CH

The large man behind the wheel sighs, his entire frame falling with the exhalation. Heavily-lidded eyes close as he lowers his forehead to the steering wheel.

“Not good, Zed.”

I told you to buy a new car years ago, Cuddles.

“...but this is the one with the good tires.”

Hearts don’t last forever.

The man’s weight slams to the ground as he steps out of the truck. Blue-gray eyes look over the silver vehicle and the grocery bags in the back. Those eyes turn toward the small convenience store and then to the long, lonely road back to his dwelling.

You can use the exercise, Cuddles.

Those eyes look up into the bright Texas sky and squint as the sun bears down.

He sighs.

CL-CL-CL-CL

CL-CL-CL-CL

CL-CL

SLAM!

The door bursts open, swinging on its hinges to near the breaking point, as the large man shoulders his way into the room, a set of keys stuck in the lock offering a sweet jingle in compliment. Now slick with sweat, the large man in the dark coat drops the grocery bags to the floor and then closes the door, though the frame is bent enough to not allow it to close.

Time to call the Super.

“...again.”

He sighs.

CLINK-CLUNK!

Picked up and dropped again, the bags land atop the lone table in the room, the contents spilling out: A variety of bottles of liquor, boxed and canned foodstuffs. After dropping the bags, the man turns his attention to a picture frame featuring a beauty wearing heavy makeup and a wide smile. He runs a dirty finger down the picture’s cheek with surprising gentleness, then up to the line of bright red hair streaking in the middle of a raven mass.

“I’m home.”

Turning from the picture, he gazes around at “home,” the single-room apartment. Sparsely furnished, it featured a mattress on the ground, two wobbly chairs, the single table, his guitar leaning in the corner by the mattress, and the red-and-blue Generic Heel mask discarded haphazardly by the door. A growl in his stomach has him reaching for one of the newly acquired bottles of liquor, his fingers already working on the cap.

A little early, love.

The cap discarded and sent to live eternally with the growing collection of its brethren on the ground, the bottle moves to the big man’s mouth but it stopped as the thought and voice goes through his head. His stomach growls again and the bottle moves, but the blue-gray eyes swing down back to the picture of the beauty. After a moment, another heavy sigh is followed by the bottle slamming down atop the table. Instead, dirty fingers pull free one of the boxed foodstuffs from the bag, a children’s cereal by the plethora of eye-catching colors.

“...these kids…”

Filled with bright greens and yellows, the box of Ruby-Ohs! features the eponymous Super Dear’o flashing a smile and giving the suggestion to get “flippin’.”

“...sorry we couldn’t make it to Japan, Zed. Ran out of money. But at least I had enough to get some food…”

He opens the box and bag, pulls out a handful of lime-and-banana rings and pops them into his mouth.

And grimaces.

“...ugh!”

He chews and his grimace grows stronger and darker. He finally forces them down his throat with a pained swallow.

“Jesus Horatio Christ, these are bitter. You’d think something with this much color would taste sweet.”

He picks up the bottle and tosses back a drink, taking a moment to switch away the flavor.

“It tastes like 3-year-old salt mixed with shame.”

He turns back to the picture frame.

“You know what really mashes my potatoes?”

…here we go…

“When someone can’t let go of the past. When they hold onto shitty things that have happened to them, things that didn’t turn out well or go the way they wanted, to the point where they become talismans weighing them down. They need to use them as inspiration to be better than they were. They need to use them as opportunities to never fall into that mistake again. Burn the past, I say.”

Why are you living in Texas?

The man tapers off with the husky voice in his head. He looks around the room and his few belongings.

“...it’s home.”

No. It was MY home. You aren’t from here..

“The Swag Pad-”

Was sold to cover my hospital bills and funeral expenses, Cuddles. There’s nothing keeping you here.

“......”

Let go of the past.

“....Mary might need me. The Ranch isn’t far from here.”

Not done with that?

The man shakes his head to the voice.

“They’re right, Zed. We are better. You were. I am.”

His eyes momentarily shift to the mask crumpled against the wall.

“Well, maybe not when I’m Generic Heel.”

The sultry voice laughs in his head, a throaty husk that makes his fingers tingle.

I wonder what Stevie would say if he knew you were going his old bit?

The man shakes his head.

“It pays the bills.”

He looks at the meager amount of groceries on his table.

“Mostly. Dexter Severin never did.”

He points at the box of cereal.

“I don’t get her. Lots of talent, but never seems to go anywhere. Pretty sure she’s been doing the same thing for the last few years, never changing, never growing. Instead of moving forward, she just keeps being held down, like she’s stuck in the past. She needs to let go, to move one. She reminds me of when-

BING!

The man reaches into his pocket after the notification sound burst into the air. Pulling it free, he sees yet another message to be ignored.

She’s just trying to help, Cuddles.

The man sighs and shakes his head as he puts his phone back in his pocket.

How IS my goddaughter doing?

He sighs again, lowers himself into the apartment’s lone chair, places his hand on the picture with that surprising gentleness, and closes his eyes.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like The Generic Heel's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-31-2022), Raion Kido (04-07-2022), Ruby (03-31-2022), Theo Pryce (03-31-2022), Unknown Soldier (04-06-2022), Vita Frickin Valenteen (03-31-2022)