Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:36 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » March Madness IV - RP Board 2022
Galaxian Explosion
Raion Kido Offline
The Lion

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

03-24-2022, 07:25 AM

The stars shine brightly in the very early morning above Mount Fuji - the clear dark blue sky littered by countless distant shining orbs of light.

“In the beginning, there was nothing, but a miniscule point that, unable to keep concentrating the immense force that it stored within, eventually burst in a massive blast from which, ultimately, came to be everything in creation.”

On the ground, there is the shore of Lake Shôji, an area known as a stargazing spot. From the barren, pebble shore can be seen the majesty of the snow-covered peak in all its glory, and above it, a single star that shines the brightest.

Regulus A - the center of the Leo constellation.

The heart of the Lion.

“You have heard me talk about the cosmos and how one’s own soul burns and explodes. And now, at March Madness IV, you’re finally going to see it. The power that creates the stars. The light of the universe that constantly burns.

A galaxian explosion.”

Pointing at the star is Raion Kido, clad in the golden Cloth of Leo, both his hair and his white cape gently caressed by the breeze. The Japanese native lowers his arm, from the star in the sky, to the front of the camera, in one swift motion - a barely-contained energy in his voice just waiting to be unleashed.

The burning cosmos.

“I say this, ladies and gentlemen, because we find ourselves standing on the edge of a monumental event.

We stand on the very end of the Elite 8 tournament, the event that will see a new King of the XWF crowned, in one of the most hallowed places in the wrestling business like the Tokyo Dome.

You face an opponent that has won more battles than you have since February, in his hometown, fighting for redemption for his only loss, which happens to be a title match.

You know all of that, you know that I know this, and the best you can give me, the best your feeble brain can muster, is some Rule 34 art and some tired references about World War II?

And Thunder Knuckles calls me unprepared!?”

The Lion roars these last words, echoing in the stillness of Lake Shôji. The Regulus A star seems to shine even brighter - as if mimicking the wrestler’s fury that will not be held much longer.

“I could talk about the utter disrespect that I should feel for this. Say that you’ve done the ultimate insult to me and my country, but you know what, Knuckles? It’s time to show you how to do your own job. You want the bombs to fall? Well then, have it your way. I’m going to drop them right here, right now.

I’m really not going to bother gracing those comments with the attention they do not deserve, because I don’t think I could have expected any different. That’s how Thunder Knuckles works, after all - you find the most disgusting, repulsive things to think of and serve them up in a neat little package, wrapped with a nice little bow in an attempt to be entertaining, and that’s about the depth of you.

In the end, all you are, and all of your Brotherhood of Bastards are as a whole, is shock value.”

Was that not what they had shown so far? Nickles’ initial words, Bourbon’s attack after the match they had, Thunder Knuckles’ message. All but noise. All but empty gestures.

It was finally time for Raion Kido to bring something of substance to bear.

“Once we really dig deep past all your bluster, we find absolutely nothing. Just some empty insults and likewise empty claims about being the underdog; which, with two titles to your name and a bunch of people behind you, would be completely hilarious if it weren’t so utterly idiotic.

But I suppose that says it all, doesn’t it? Thunder Knuckles, going against a rookie, wants to call himself an underdog. I’m sure you’d like to feel like one given whom you’re going against, but here’s the thing. Among the people that remain, I’m the one that’s been here the least time, and has had no gold yet. I’m the one that wants to challenge for the Television Title again, and the King of the XWF is just the gateway for me to cross in order for me to do that, or more. I’m the one here working for redemption going into six matches, something I’ve made certain to say before.

If anyone has any right to claim himself an underdog here, it would be none other than myself. I even went as far as to ask you what you thought I could do to you under that very same mindset!”

Raion peels back his lips and lets his canines show in a devious grin. He had been transparent about his motives, but Knuckles had chosen to pay no mind. That was his mistake to make - and the Lion’s weakness to exploit.

“I mean, this was your chance, Knuckles! This tournament could have been yours to win! Aren’t you supposed to be the Bastards? Those that can teach the young trainees to bully their way to the very top of the XWF? The army that brings change to the land? I came to this tournament expecting just that, and sent my first message thinking I would have the biggest fight of my life ahead of me. If I win, I obtain the glory, and if I lose, well, at least I will have shown them what valor looks like.

And what do I get in return? Some old lines about flying bombs and radiation that no Japanese wrestler has ever heard before. Some poor-quality smut art that doesn’t even relate to what I am, as if that were going to trigger me. Some phrases about lightning and thunder that I anticipated you’d say, and made sure to say first, and correctly, to boot.

But the most egregious thing about this garbage you’ve spewed, is that it’s not insulting to me, but to the XWF Universe, the people that pay money to see a new King of the XWF crowned, that is worthy of them.

And the only thing I see is a group of inbred, misshapen peasants thinking that wielding some crude weapons makes them warriors.

But see, unlike any of you, I don’t need to make myself something I am not. I know very well who and what I am - the one that has the most to gain, and the least to lose. Because tell me something, Thunder Knuckles: What are your fellow Bastards, and the trainees in your academy, going to think when they’ve seen me go through you and Bobby Bourbon, or Jenny Myst if she even makes it?”

There was, after all, more than personal glory, and vindication, going into this tournament. There was a message to send - an example to set. The message that even a group as fearsome as the BOB could be brought low.

And that the man to do it would be the Saint of Athena.

“I’ll tell you. They’re going to think that maybe Thunder Knuckles isn’t the meanest, most conniving, most vicious bastard in the XWF. They’re going to stop for one second and say “hey look, he got beaten up by some Anime kid!”. They’re going to turn back, take a long, hard look at you, and you’re going to look stupid. Which, the way you already look, is no small feat.

They’re also going to remember why they decided to give you a look in the first place, and find one of the very good guys that you’re so dedicated to shutting down destroyed the both of you with nothing but his words and skills. The same change I mentioned before, that shall replicate across the land.

And when that happens, I guarantee you, Knuckles, you won’t need to get canceled, for those recruits of yours, and those BOB fans you claim to have? They’re going to cancel themselves. They’re going to move on, and look towards someone else.

In the end, the BOB as a whole is going to die a slow, and agonizing, but natural death.”

As the Lion says these words, dawn begins to break. The light of many smaller stars begin to die as the sun begins to rise - but the Heart of the Lion still remains.

“So Thunder Knuckles, when you and I are done, remember you brought this on yourself, with nothing but your own hubris. That very same hubris that led you to call me unprepared. Because I might have been against the BOB first.

But, here and now, I am ready. And I will make the BOB explode.”

And as the sun begins its ascent, partly obscured by the massive mountain, the Lion clenches his fist. There were still other matters to attend to, before his speech was done.

“And that goes for you too, Bourbon. Think of what I’m going to do to your partner as a warning of what you have coming next. I get that you felt the need to make your big impact by coming to get me right after my match with Charlie Nickles, but, since I’m going on about the workings of the universe, I’m going to remind you of the Third Law of Newton - action, and reaction.

But the power that I bring to March Madness is going to warp that law, Bourbon. The reaction you’ll get from me will be visited upon you tenfold, and the consequences of that will be only worsened by the knowledge that Them No Good Bastards, former XWF Tag Team Champions, were beaten by the same man, in the same night. The vaunted finals between the Bastards was ruined by the Lion - the man that proved that he was better than both of you combined.

Fall back to your previous accomplishments, seek solace in those pictures hanging upon your wall, but you no longer deal with former OCW byblows, nor with some failure unworthy of the image he portrays like Calvary. You’re going against the XWF Star of the Month. The man that beat a certified Legend and one of its biggest stars in a row. And more importantly, the man that last week beat just the same thing you are right now - someone trying to come back from a downward spiral.”

Again the Lion gives his mischievous smile, though the stare of his eyes belies his true intentions. With all that was going into March Madness, there was the one thing that he came to obtain - that same thing that made him who he is, and the only reason he shall ever fight for.

Justice.

“What, you think I didn’t realize? You hadn’t even been seen in the XWF since 2021 before Fire and Ice, and you were in there as nothing but filler. Why did you choose to do anything of importance right when I was there? Why are you even in this tournament right now? Just to make this another Bastard show?

Do you take us for idiots, Bourbon? You’ve been obvious since the very beginning. The only reason you’re here at all is to take down the best new talent the XWF has to offer right now. The only reason you decided to come back at all is because of Raion Kido!

And since that desire burns that intensely in your heart of hearts, I’m more than inclined to grant you your wish. Once I take down your trusted friend, you’ll get exactly what you wanted, and more. Because your new rise to the top, your fledgling dynasty, will be extinguished before it has even begun - and that curveball you want to throw at me shall be batted straight into your teeth!

A thrust forward of his fist to the camera, before Raion Kido speaks again.

“So should you and I meet in the finals, know this before the fangs of the Lion bite into your heart. The moment I suffered my first defeat, I didn’t slink away into the darkness. I came right back to work the show after, and now I’m on the verge of taking a whole tournament.

That’s a power that you don’t have - and ultimately, what shall seal your fate. Because when a Saint of Athena gets knocked down, they get up that much stronger, and the same thing that brings them down doesn’t work twice.

When I render you incapable of doing anything but stare at the ceiling lights on your back, know that all that strength you pride yourself in was nothing in comparison to the will of the man you’ve chosen to pick a fight with.

And when you see your new King of the XWF, know that you have helped a better man reach the heights he was meant to achieve. It’s going to be hurtful. It’s going to be hard. You’ll get back up from it if you’re as strong as you claim, or maybe you’ll just disappear again. It matters not.

The only thing that matters, it’s that this is going to be a shock. For the XWF Universe, for the rest of the roster, and especially for the Brotherhood of Bastards - a shock they’ve needed for a very long time.”

Raion slams his right fist into his left palm, the echo of the gauntleted arms and the snap of the impact reverberating above Lake Shôji. The Cloth of Leo that he wears, and the Heart of the Lion in the sky, shine as intensely as the sun that continues its ascent.

“Oh, and speaking of shocks. Jenny Myst. Another empty shell with nothing but shock value to offer. The cautionary tale of all cautionary tales, a story of heartbreak and bitterness for a somewhat successful run cut too short.

See, Jenny, the fundamental mistake in your sob story is assuming that everyone else in the XWF is as vapid and weak-minded as you are. You hang on to your days as the longest holder of a defunct title and slit open your veins - not literally, though it would not be at all surprising - screaming to any who will hear of the same fate happening to them.

But if you’d actually bothered to stop asking for Centurion-senpai to notice you, or racking up meaningless wins, or pretending Anarchy makes you greater than you are, you would have noticed that I’ve had a title match in just a month of being in the XWF, and I have lost.

And while I’m sure that would have been the end of your own little world, Jenny, I use it as fuel. That’s why I’m in this tournament, and that’s why I got this far here. And even with that loss on my shoulders, I made it to the monthly award that you saw on the XWF website.

What do you imagine is going to happen if you pull off a miracle and beat Bobby Bourbon here?”

The Lion pauses for a second as he raises his eyebrows - but is just as quick to speak again. Jenny Myst simply did not care, but the XWF Star of the Month would give her a good reason to pay attention - at least for whatever span the self-proclaimed Queen had before she was brought down.

“You know what? Forget that question, you’ve already shown you’re incapable of imagining. Should you and I find ourselves together in the finals of the Elite 8 Tournament, I’m going to do exactly what you said. I’m going to earn the title of King of the XWF by giving you a shock greater than anything you’ve suffered in that asylum of yours. And maybe when I’m done your life will do a complete 180. You’ll stop being content in the middle of the card and maybe you’ll have a Main Event somewhere, maybe even in a show that isn’t Anarchy… oh wait, you didn’t even make it there either.

And after that? Maybe I’ll go contend for the Television Title again. Maybe I’ll even be moved up the card and go fight for the very Universal Title - I said to you all I was ready, did I not?

Maybe I’ll even win either of them, or both, and I’m going to make sure that you and I meet again, Jenny, just so I can tell you, and show you, that I did something you were never even close to achieving. But that, of course, is down the road.”

The star that gives the Lion his name begins to be overshadowed by the light of the sun - but before its light goes away, it is Raion Kido’s time to give the final blow.

“Right now, as I said at the beginning, I’m going to show all three of you that you’ve stepped into the ring with more than just the XWF Star of the Month. You go against the man that chose to make his mark on Saturday Night Savage, that had the Television Title opportunity, and wants it again. The wrestler that will come to March Madness IV to make another miracle happen before the very eyes of the XWF Universe.

For in the beginning, there was nothing, until from out of nowhere, a single point exploded. And from there, came everything. All that is. All that ever will be.

A mighty blast of the energy of the universe, from which shall emerge the King of the XWF.”

Taking a deep breath, the Lion shuts his eyes and clenches both fists, before letting out a mighty roar that echoes even after the feed has gone. And as the sun finally rises above Mount Fuji, the last sight of the camera is of Raion Kido, his armor resplendent in the morning, making a final point to the camera.

“A GALAXIAN… EXPLOSION!”

Fade to black.

3000 words (wordcounter.net)

[Image: yfesfA4.jpg]

Signature courtesy of Atara Themis!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 10 users Like Raion Kido's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-27-2022), Atticus Gold (03-26-2022), Corey Smith (03-24-2022), Jenny Myst (03-24-2022), Marf (03-24-2022), Mark Flynn (03-24-2022), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (03-25-2022), Theo Pryce (03-26-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (03-24-2022), Vita Frickin Valenteen (03-24-2022)