Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:04 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truest Blood
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-16-2022, 02:42 PM

From Ruby’s Go-Pro…

Not every job was meant for Batman. Sometimes, the cape and cowl had to rest on their hooks, because a particular job was better suited for billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne. Tonight, the goal that had to be accomplished was better suited for Ruby Aaricia Debuchy; not the Super Dear’O Banana-Lime Blur.

Ruby pushed open the doors to the bioscience labs of her alma mater, Boulder University in Denver, Colorado. Being a magna cum laude alumnus literally opened doors around here; and it was also the only appropriate way to ever use the word ‘cum’ in normal, decent conversation. This was already feeling like a win-win. But the quest had only just begun.

Clad in her civilian attire, Ruby scanned the room for an old friend of hers. During her student days, she’d been part of a rather geeky circle of friends, called the ‘Sentinels of Schadenfreude’. Together, they had cleansed the campus of toxicity. And one of their old members, a genius bio engineer by the name of Travis Mack, had stayed at Boulder to continue his research post-graduate. Ruby hadn’t spoken to him in years, but a few text messages on Facebook had been enough to get an invitation to the bio labs. Some bonds just weren’t easily broken.

She had primped herself up a bit for the occasion. Something she usually only did when going out on a date with Centurion. A dress, heels, make-up,… It wasn’t how she was used to present herself during the daytime, but she knew she wouldn’t be taken seriously if she had arrived in her superhero gear, in which she felt most comfortable.

She found Travis peeking into a microscope, looking at some samples. He was dressed in a white lab coat, with his glasses resting on his head inside a bush of thick curls. She gently tapped him on the shoulder, to which he instantly reacted by placing his glasses back on his nose, blinking ferociously, and smiling brightly when he saw his old classmate.

Travis: “Ruby! You made it! Boulder’s glad to have you back. It’s been a while!”

Ruby: "More than a while, my dude! Almost a decade!"

Travis: “Time flies. Or so they say. I don’t know what to believe these days, especially after I got your texts. I didn’t know whether to fall off my chair or call the whitecoats! Actual vampires! Who’d’ve thought?”

Ruby nodded. Learning of Vita’s… condition… had been a shock to her system as well. But in the end, it wasn’t crazier than being teleported to another space and time dimension to defeat an alternate version of Atara by the side of Ruby Hood.

Ruby: "Believe you me, my guy, this crazy ish has got my dome spinning like a juiced up planetarium’s observatory."

An appropriately nerdy comparison, as Travis nodded to signify he knew what she meant.

Ruby: "So have you given my request much thought? I’d owe you a big time favor, my man. You’re quite literally the only person I know who could help me with this. And you’d probably be saving a lot of innocent lives, too."

Travis sighed. He pinched the bridge of his nose, and looked back at Ruby.

Travis: “I’m not gonna lie. It’s quite the ask. This stuff has never been attempted before, outside of an HBO show. Well, it HAS been attempted, but not with the intention of feeding a vampire, but rather for blood transfusions for medical patients. This opens up a whole slew of different parameters we need to account for.”

Ruby: "But… can you do it?"

Travis: “With ‘it’ being, ‘can I make fake blood like on the HBO Show True Blood that nourishes a vampire and suppresses its urges to feed on live beings’? Is that ‘it’?”

Ruby: "Well, technically there were books before the show. Other than that… Just so, my dude."

Ruby’s nerdiest friend, which was saying something, went silent for a minute. You could almost *see* the clockwork behind his eyes twisting and turning.

Travis: “Look, I have a few ideas. But I just need to know… Ease my conscience here. Why am I doing this, and why do you want this? Because I can use Google, Rubes. I know you’re facing this… girl… in a match this week. So be honest. Or I’m out.”

Ruby nodded.

Ruby: "I can get down with that logic. Look, Trav,… Vita’s an old friend. And by ‘old’ I don’t mean she’s been here since Transylvanian times…. It means she and I go back. Back to before she became a creature of the night. And boy, I can relate to becoming a ‘creature of the night’. It’s where I do my finest work. But Vita is a young, lovely gal who is, unfortunately, rather easily influenced. And I admire her a flipton for not giving in to temptation like a weaker person would have by now. She could’ve rampaged and pillowed, but she has chosen to stay on a true path, no matter how hard that is. I want to help her. Make things easier for her. If that means turning her vegan by letting you develop nourishing vegan blood so she can live a relatively normal life, then that’s a small price to pay. I adore that chick, and I will do her the honor of coming at her with everything I’ve got to take her down a peg in the Plump Pigeon Tourney. But in the end, I want her to be the best she can be. I finally believe in vampires. Not because I consider Bram Stoker a prophet. But because I believe in Vita Valenteen."

And in spite of the surroundings, Ruby snapped her mask in place and pointed the camera at her face.

Ruby: “I will try to help you, my Val. I always believed you could be the very best of us. Let’s fight. And then… If you’re up for it…. Let us make you live again.”

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Ruby's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-16-2022), Atara Raven (03-17-2022), Lacklan (03-16-2022), Vita Frickin Valenteen (03-17-2022)