Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:00 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
V! Augh Ne Mousss
Angelica Vaughn Offline
The One True 5'11 Vaughnemous One!

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

03-11-2022, 09:42 PM

The STA Ranch
Near the apple orchards
Late afternoon

Angelica was getting things in order for later that night. Sure, she had gotten rid of an entire army of spy drones that made Vinnie look like Big ‘Dude’ Brother, but she still wasn’t sure her privacy was completely safe just yet. After all, technology was as scary as it was useful, especially SPACE technology, or whatever the appropriate term was. And if she wanted to be certain, she was going to need an eye in the sky.

So, she managed to convince her school’s astrology department to lend her a telescope for a few nights, so she could effectively trace any spying satellites her boss might’ve put on her. They hadn’t been very eager at first, but it had been nothing a signed TOBVS Bag (also available in ye Olde XWF Shoppe!) filled with a six pack of STA Home Brewn apple cider couldn’t fix.

Of course, locating the things was one thing, but actually eliminating them was going to be another. The San Antonio Community College didn’t have a rocket science department, unfortunately. Maybe she *was* going to have to transfer to a bigger school, after all.

But Angelica shook her head after entertaining the thought. The poor dean’s heart would break. He had invested so much in her, and his neverending quest to put some respect on the SACC’s name would surely result in a ‘game over’ screen if she’d take, say, Stanford up on its standing offer. She wanted to remain locally anchored, if only to make sure she kept both feet on the ground. Literally and figuratively.

The One True Only Vaughnemous One (#SorryUnclePete) was nearly done with her setup. She was going to have to come back later tonight to get a clear view. After all, telescopes only work in the dark! Or so she thought. That’s how they always did it in the movies. For now, she had plenty of time to go back to the house, and…

Mary: “Sweetie!”

Angie looked up and saw her mother running towards her like a woman possessed, pointing behind her. There was someone following her, but the dust she had kicked up obscured the person in question. Angelica instinctively assumed a defensive position. A result of the many years of martial training.
Mary stopped as she arrived at her daughter. She put one hand on her knees, and through her panting, she pointed behind her once again, and spoke.

Mary: “You have a visitor! It’s your, erm… Friend.”

As soon as the dust settled, a figure appeared. It was like she was making a wrestler’s entrance, entering through a cloud of dust rather than smoke, but slowly becoming more visible. As she saw who it was, Angelica’s eyes lit up. A buxom, bubblegum blonde bombshell, wearing such a tight purple dress you could swear she had it painted on, and wearing such impossibly high heels even a professional acrobat would think twice before wearing them to a Texan ranch, out of fear of breaking an ankle or two.

Angelica: "ROXY!"

She wanted to dart forward, but Roxy recoiled.

Roxy: “No hugging, bb! Remember the cracked rib!”

Angelica: "I didn’t know you had a cracked rib!"

Roxy: “From the last ‘hug’ you gave me. I’ve told you a thousand times, save it for people you can’t stand.”

Angelica: "Ughhhh, fine! But what a surprise to be seeing you, Rox! I didn’t know you were in the neighborhood! What brings you here?"

Roxy sighed, and when she noticed dust was getting on her dress, she pulled up her nose.

Roxy: “Mind if we go inside, bb? This weather is terrible for my skin and clothes. And for you, too. I mean, just look at you, you poor oversized thing. Sar was right to be worried about you, living here in Hicksville.”

Angelica: "?"

Not really sure how to respond, Angie just pulled a questioning face, while Roxy gently took her by the shoulder and led her back to the house. Mary followed them, carefully watching Roxy’s movements as her eyes turned to slits. She didn’t like Roxy very much, considering her to be a bad influence on almost every level. Not that she was ever going to say that to her face, of course. The woman could be intimidating, in her own weird way.

As they walked, Roxy leaned on Angie’s shoulder, partly because this uneven ground made it even more difficult to walk, and partly because she wanted to get in Angie’s ear.

Roxy: “So, I guess you know why I’m here?”

Angelica: "Err, becaaauuuuuuuuuuuse I’m totes your BFF and you mis me and you want to go and get drinks tonight?"

Angie’s face lit up at the idea, but the bright smile that appeared vanished as soon as it appeared as she looked over her shoulder at the telescope.

Angelica: "Oh, dang Rox. I had plans tonight, axly. But you’re welcome to hang out! I can grab a picnic basket and fill it with appletinis!"

Roxy narrowed her eyes.

Roxy: “A tempting offer, sitting around in a cold dust bowl at night, but no… That’s not what I’m here for. Vinnie sent me, actually. He’s… a bit worried about you. And I can see that he was right.”

Angelica: "Worried? Well obvs, because I totes annihilated his swarm of invasion drones!"

Roxy: “Ang, you cost him a lot of money, and you breached company policy. But mostly, I think he’s worried you’re getting a bit paranoid.”

They arrived at the house, and went inside. It was much cooler, and the air humidifier Angie had installed made it a lot more pleasant. Roxy dusted her dress off, scattering it all over the living room. Angelica grabbed the remote and turned the Roomba on.

Angelica: "Look, I’m sorry, okay? I just… I get self-conscious, you know? I guess it come with always second guessing yourself, and always thinking you’ll never be good enough. I know I’ve been independent for a few years now, but my upbringing, and the way I was constantly talked down to, it continues to just stick in my brain. The thought of always being watched, and constantly being judged just for trying to be myself, trying to be who I truly am… It just gives me fits of anxiety. I sometimes even have trouble looking at myself in the mirror. Because what if I don’t like what I see? What if I no longer recognize my reflection because I’m just too scared to drop my façade? Vita’s lucky, being a vampire and all, not being able to see herself in there anymore. I don’t want to live in constant self-doubt. It’s exhausting. It’s fine during actual media events. Like, red carpet? No problem. Wrestling match? No biggie. Photoshoots? Love them. But those are all in strictly controlled environments, like, like… Like that weird simulation ship that Kammy seems to be living in, or whatever it is."

Roxy: “Yeah, but see? You know about that because Chameleon operates under the same set of rules. And you can take advantage of that, right? And, wouldn’t it be cheating if you didn’t play by the same rules as everyone else?”

Angelica: "CH… Ch… Cheating?"

The word nearly stuck in Angelica’s throat, like a fly that had buzzed its way inside and was desperately trying to get out. Which, in San Antonio Texas, wasn’t exactly a rarity.

Still, the word also echoed inside Angie’s mind, like a pinball machine flippering it around her skull. She had never cheated in her life. At anything! Well, except that one time at Monopoly, but that was only because Kenzi was *also* sneaking money out of the bank when she thought nobody was watching.

Angelica: "I… I guess that’s axly a fair point. I wouldn’t want to put anyone at a disadvantage. It’s just that I don’t like to be filmed when I think nobody’s watching, and… Ooh, shiny!”

Angelica noticed something on her BFF’s chest. While Roxy’s chest was usually very distracting to many people for two very obvious reasons, Angelica’s attention was drawn because of something very different.

Angelica: "What a beautiful brooch you’re wearing, Rox! I’ve never seen it before! Is it new? And so fancy as well, what with the red blinking dot! Never seen that before.”

Roxy: “Thx bb, I know. Vinnie gave it to me as a gift. But actually…”

Roxy unpinned it from her dress and handed it over to Angelica.

Roxy: “I want you to have it!”

Angelica gasped. She put one hand on her own chest, and then carefully wrapped her long, slender fingers around it as Roxy extended it to her.

Angelica: "Rox! Are you certain? I mean, it’s such a lovely gift!"

Roxy: “Don’t worry about it, bb. Just promise me you will wear it always to commemorate our friendship.”

This time, Roxy was too late to step back as Angelica flew around her neck and hugged her.

Roxy: “Ow!”

Angelica: "I SWEAR I WILL NEVER TAKE IT OFF."

She was teary-eyed with emotion, and as she proudly pinned on the brooch, Roxy nodded approvingly.

Roxy: “Good. Gooooood. Now, just because you are totes my BFF, I am going to convince Vinnie that there’ll be no drones for you! After all, you’re special and I’m certain you will upload all relevant matter to #CoolTube anyway.”

Angelica: "Oh. Are you sure? Wouldn’t that be cheating, like you said?"

Roxy quickly eyed the ‘brooch’.

Roxy: “Never mind that, bb. It’ll be fine. Who cares what others think, anyway.”

Angelica: "I do! I would never want to be mean to someone or hurt their feelsies!"

Roxy: “MM hmm. Now, what’s a girl gotta do to get a glass of wine around here?”

Angelica snapped her fingers and went to work. She quickly poured her bestie a glass, and quickly concocted herself an appletini. She then joined Roxy on the couch.

Roxy: “Anyway, let’s goss! Did you know that… Angie, what is THAT?”

She pointed an immaculately manicured finger towards the corner, where in between two massive scratching posts for her kitties and a ceiling-mounted bar for her pet bat that wouldn’t leave, stood a large wooden branch, with a reptile on top.

Angelica: "Wh-? Oh, that’s Karma!"

Angelica hopped to her feet, and went over to the corner. Sers Bobby, Bobby and Dracool were soundly asleep, but Karma was wide awake, yet immobile. Angelica held her appletini behind Karma’s body, and it shifted color from green to… a slightly more fluorescent green.

Angelica: "Hee hee! Funny, right??"

Roxy: “Why do you have a lizard in your living room? They carry DISEASE, Angie!”

Angelica: "Not Karma! See, my mom explained to me that Chameleon axly doesn’t get her name from the Culture Club song, but that she calls herself that, because she changed her looks and demeanor to match that of her opponent! So I thought, what better way to study Chameleon than by getting one of my own?"

Roxy: “There’s… literally hundreds of better ways.”

Angelica: "Well, I know that NOW, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Besides, Karma is pretty cool. She doesn’t cause a fuss and doesn’t knock over trophy cabinets or scratch the sofas!"

She leered at her cats, who were blissfully unaware of any wrongdoing.

Angelica: "That whole thing she did was weird though. I get that impersonating others is kinda her thing, but when would I ever do a Puppy Portion on a show, right? I mean, if those algorithms on her ship or whatever had done any actual research they’d know for sure that it’d be a Kitten Portion, or no go! If you don’t even know I’m a cat lady first and foremost, how accurate a chameleon are you anyway, right? But maybe it’s because her simulations are run through some kind of AI that’s programmed for adaptive learning, you know? Maybe in order to be axly accurate about other peeps in the future, it needs to be totes wrong about others first so it can identify mistakes, #notmyactualcousin, and then, in several months or so, it can do what it’s supposed to? Yes, that makes sense, I think. But oh! I have a great idea! We should totes try and mess with Chameleon."

Roxy, who had checked out by now and was scrolling on her phone, didn’t even look up. But that didn’t temper Angie’s enthusiasm.

Angelica: "Maybe I should pretend to be someone I’m not, so then Chameleon would try and impersonate *that*, and totes fail at what she’s supposed to do. Again! Hee, hee. Now…”

Angie looked around for some props to use. She picked up a nearby scarf and bound it around her forehead, and draped a large golden chain over her neck. She looked… Only slightly different.

Angelica: "There! I am now a famous rapstar, who is totes amazeballz at hop hip! And they call me the, errr… Vaughnemous A.N.G.! Hey Rox, do you want to make a rap album together?"

Roxy looked up from her phone and frowned, realizing that she hadn’t heard the question. But she knew Angelica long enough by now that simply nodding and saying ‘yes’ meant she was definitely going to get roped into something she was going to regret later.

Roxy: “Oh, I errr… I have to leave, actually. Urgent business calls.”

Angelica: "So soon? But you only just got here! And don’t you wanna come watch spy satellites?"

Roxy: “Vinnie hasn’t put any spy satellites on you, Angie. Trust me, he’s nowhere near smart enough to do that, he barely knows how to start a car engine.”

Angelica: "Are you sure?"

As Roxy got up and gathered her things, she eyes the brooch on Angelica’s chest one more time, and then nodded.

Roxy: “No satellites, I’m sure.”

Angelica: "Well, okies! If you promise. I guess I’ll see you on Savage, then?"

Roxy: “For sure.”

Ducking a goodbye hug, Roxy quickly made her way through the front door, and Angelica was left alone with her thoughts, and the desire to make a rap song. She didn’t know that many artists, though. Just that guy who was named after chocolate candies, and the guy who thought he was only worth half a dollar. But not her. She was the Vaughnemous A.N.G. And she had an idea for a song, aptly named ‘Angie’.

Quote:It was just sixteen, I used to read X Dub-Eff magazine
Centurion and Alias up on the big screen
Hangin' pictures on my wall
Every Saturday , it was Savage with Doc D’Ville and Raven, y’all
I let the tape rock 'til their necks popped
Training in my backyard, kicking on a piece of rock
Way back, when I had never caught a piece of flack
And played having a match

Remember moppin’ puke? Duh-ha, duh-ha
You never thought this wrestling biz would take me this far
Now I'm in the limelight 'cause I wrestle tight
Time to get paid, ‘cause I’m 100% self-made
Born sinner, the opposite of a winner
Remember when I used to get beatings for dinner
Peace to the guy who said he was my daddy
And the pastor claiming I was going straight to heck-y
I'm blowin' up like you never thought I could
Different crib, different number, different hood
It's all good (It's all good)
And if you don't know, now you know, kitties!

Angelica stopped recording on her phone as her mother popped her head around the corner.

Mary: “Is she gone? And what’s that racket? And whatever are you wearing that scarf around your head for? You look like a…”

Angelica: "Rapstar?"

Mary: “Ra--…? What? You mean a rapper? It’s either ‘rapper’ or ‘popstar’.”

Angelica: "Weird. Why add ‘star’, not everybody who sings pop music is a star! ‘Popper’ would be a waay better term, wouldn’t it? I’m sure Poppers would be very popular!"

Mary: “I, errr… Wouldn’t know. Never used-, I mean heard of any kind of such things. Anyway, take that scarf off, you look silly. And that chain. And that br-… Actually, keep the brooch. It’s nice. Very cool, that red blinking light effect!”

Angelica: "I know, right? Present from the bestie! I’d even go so far as to say it’s #COOL! And what’s even better is that she promised there’d be no more drones, so we don’t have to worry about being spied on anymore! Isn’t Roxy the absolute bestestest of all time??"

Angelica beamed with happiness, blessed to have such a great friend that was looking out for her. With friends like those, there was no way she could possibly lose on Saturday.

*fin*
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Angelica Vaughn's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-11-2022), Lacklan (03-11-2022), Raion Kido (03-12-2022)