Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-24-2024, 04:19 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
The Raion Keto Diet
Raion Kido Offline
The Lion

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

03-09-2022, 06:25 AM

“What people say after we’re gone, will be proof that we lived on this earth…”

A short distance away from the city of Ottawa is Gatineau Park, a lush, scenic national park filled with green trees and red cedars, intermingled with each other in a sublime landscape of green, yellow and red tones in the late afternoon.

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all very much for being here! Please be welcome and take a seat. You shall soon be treated to a healthy, but tasty meal, courtesy of Raion Keto!”

In the heart of this park is a hidden gem - the Mackenzie King Estate, the historical summer home of Canada’s 10th Prime Minister, and today a conservation area open to the public; in which, among the many trails that it contains, can be found several ruins, including a small amphitheater: a half-circle of columns built entirely in stone, a testament to Minister King’s greatness and lasting legacy.

“In this age of pre-processed ingredients and junk food, I want to propose to you a slight change, and therefore, it is my pleasure to invite you to a sample of the new and improved Raion Keto diet!”

Several chairs are arranged in front of the amphitheater, already occupied by people of all ages, and opposite them is a table with several ingredients on plates - steaks, some vegetables and seasonings, and a grill already heating up. A big banner is set up above this scenery, even though in its middle part, the big, visible letters have been struck and replaced with a simpler writing.

“TONIGHT - THE RAION KIDO KETO DIET
FREE SAMPLES FOR EVERYONE!”

And it is here, of course, that Raion Kido is found, wearing a chef’s hat and white apron. He dedicates the crowd a smile as he inspects the grill, and places the meat over it, in a slow but steady fire. One of the onlookers, visibly confused, decides to ask the young Lion.

“Wait a second, aren’t you Raion Kido? That wrestler guy that’s been causing a buzz?”

The wrestler from Osaka directs his eyes towards him, a big, toothy smile on his face.

“Not anymore, friend! If you ask my next opponent, he’s just christened me as Raion Keto!”

Raion finishes with a mischievous wink, and the onlooker grins in amusement, but it isn’t long before another spectator decides to address him.

“I’ve seen you and you’re fantastic, and I love being here, but shouldn’t you be focusing on what Cage Coleman is doing instead of, well, cooking a meal? Especially since he seems quite the bigoted and racist type, you could push to cancel him right now.”

“Well ma’am, it’s precisely because of Cage Coleman that I am doing this right now, and I don’t mean that only because he decided to spew my name wrong several times. But hey, with a name as bland and generic as Cage Coleman, I consider my own name a luxury!”

Raion waves that off, not before letting out a chuckle.

“In all seriousness now, though. Some people might get offended and rightly so, but I’m trying to prove a point here. You see, Cage Coleman’s promos are like McDonald’s, or any junk food of your preference. Great for an immediate satisfaction, but ultimately garbage that ruins your health in the long run. One second please....”

The Lion adds the vegetables to the grill, also checking the sizzling fat of the steak in the grill, and turning up the fire. Another member of the audience decides to question him.

“I have to admit, I never heard of this Keto diet. What is it about?”

“Ahh, sir, don’t worry - there’s a first time for everything, just like it will be Cage’s first time to lose to a Japanese wrestler! But see - there’s not a big secret to the Raion Keto diet. The key is simply low-carb ingredients, and half of your plate being vegetables. Keeps your blood sugar low so you need not worry about your circulation getting blocked and your brain not receiving enough blood. That way you won’t become an addled moron that can only resort to basic insults, like our own Cage Coleman. But wait!”

Soon enough, an inviting scent of cooking food begins to hint that the meal is almost ready. Murmurs of expectation begin to surface from the onlookers as Raion attends to the food on the grill.

“I’ll be with you in a minute, folks - almost done!”

Inspecting the meat one more time, Raion finds it at its right cooking point - not too bloody, not too well-done - and begins to serve it in several plates, a nice balance of steak and vegetables on each plate. He takes the time to deliver it personally to every guest, adding the seasonings each one requests.

Bon appetit, ladies and gentlemen, and feel free to tell me how it is!”

The guests begin to eat, and their faces go from doubt to happiness.

“Oh, this is great!”

“Simple but delicious - just how I like my food!”

“I never knew cooking could be so easy, yet so tasty!”

“I’m glad you like it, folks! Now I want to ask you something. The main reason I’m doing this is because, unlike Cage Coleman, people have been talking about me, and I need to give them a good reason to do so. I’ll give you something to talk about next Saturday as well, but this is just an appetizer. Now go, and tell the people of the Raion Keto diet!”

And shortly after, the chairs in front of the amphitheater begin to fill as more and more guests come to taste the Lion’s meal…

Moments later, there is now a sizable crowd in the Mackenzie King estate amphitheater, and the guests are now eating happily. Contemplating this scene,his labor finally done, Raion Kido throws away his chef’s hat and apron, revealing his golden armor underneath, and his white cape floating in the afternoon breeze - as does his wild mane.

“People may talk about us at a certain moment, perhaps they will do so while we live. But what they say after we’re gone, if our memory can stand the test of time, shall be how we are remembered on this earth.

So it is as well with the man that built this place where I am - perhaps the best Prime Minister that Canada has ever had. And so I plan to do for myself in Savage Saturday Night, and the XWF as a whole. Because people talking about us will happen if we merit it - it’s what they say about us, and how we are remembered, that matters most.”

The Lion’s teeth peel back into a grin, though there is no smile in his eyes, but rather, the glint of defiance - shining as does his armor in the fading sunlight, and as his cosmos shines from within.

“So you see, for someone who claims that not being talked about is actually a good thing, Cage Coleman seems to be rather interested in the fact that I may be the XWF Superstar of the Month. I appreciate the recognition, but I wonder how I could have got to the nomination, at least. Maybe it was because, I don’t know… people have talked about me? That same thing Cage Coleman said it was good not to happen?

Seriously, Cage, have you been eating Tide pods as of late? You’re celebrating being forgotten as if that were your best quality! I’m going to pretend that you aren’t that dumb, and think that you want to be this match to be an upset. I get that the crowd loves a good underdog, but here’s the thing: if you’re going to paint yourself as that, at least don’t bring up you’re a former Champion - particularly when you’ve done absolutely nothing with that title but lose it.

It is completely pathetic that I, a rookie going into his fifth ever match, have to explain this to Cage Coleman, as if repeating your name meant anything; but I’ve said last time I am a patient man, and I’m still going to grant you the benefit of doubt that you’ve already proven you do not deserve.”

The Japanese wrestler clenches his fist. Cage Coleman wanted a classic, and Raion Kido would oblige - however, this went beyond what the Traveler wanted. This was Raion’s comeback, and therefore, the classic would be on his terms - and nobody else’s.

It was time, therefore, to feed Cage Coleman a healthy dose of truth, courtesy of Raion Keto Kido.

“So in honor of that, I’m going to explain to you, plain as day, how hype works: One doesn’t get to this point just by cutting the best promos, or putting out the best matches, or even by touting your own name to the four winds as if you were the greatest wrestler to have ever walked this earth. Not that you would know about any of that, given your track record, but let’s go on.

The reason I got this recognition, and may eventually get that plaque, is simply because I’ve been getting results and impressing people while at it - something that the Traveler Cage Coleman has utterly failed to do. There’s one big difference between your name being something people are afraid to say, and it being completely irrelevant in any discussion pertaining to the XWF; but alas, that’s where you find yourself right now. Consider yourself fortunate, Cage - your name has surfaced from oblivion for one brief moment, simply because it is next to mine.

And in case the message failed to register through your empty skull, that was me doing you a courtesy. Now we come to the hidden truth behind this comment of yours.”

All hints of a smile are now gone from the Lion’s face. The cosmos was already burning - now it was time to make it explode. The momentum was his to recover now - and it would not be stopped by the likes of Cage Coleman.

“If I didn’t know any better, I would say that’s resentment coming out of your greasy pores, Cage. Cling on to Bam Miller if it will give you comfort, but the actual truth here is that, while I’ve done nothing but impress every single match I’ve had since January 30th, you’ve failed to get attention from anyone since 2021, and you managed to do that while having your very name entered into the XWF records as a title-holder. A very different thing, in fact, from being a Champion - as your likewise failure of a reign proves.

I suppose, however, that this makes sense - like the rest of the Trumpians with whom you so vocally associate, you scream and rage into the void in resentment because the world has long moved on from your single, meager moment of triumph that everyone else would rather forget.

And maybe that’s why you haven’t appeared in the XWF airwaves since Fire and Ice: because you realized you were better off left forgotten until you could finally surface once more, when people’s memory spans have moved on. And you even have the perfect excuse- you have a bright future ahead of you! You’re a hidden gem! The world doesn’t know what you can really do!”

Like fat sizzling on a steak, irony drips off the Lion’s words. A mirthless laughter escapes his lips before his face turns to stone, and he points a gold-clad finger to the camera.

It was now time to bring the fangs of the Lion to bear.

“But here’s the thing, Cage. I’m not an idiot, and I’d like to believe that neither is the majority of the XWF roster. Neither is XWF management, and neither is the XWF Universe, so we’d rather not have you trying to treat us like we are. I am not Bam Miller, and am more than a potential Superstar of the Month. I am the man that gave the number one contender for the Television Title his next immediate defeat after he earned that right. I am also one of the few losses as compared to the victories in Thaddeus Duke’s career. Belittle them all you like - they’re bigger than anything you have ever achieved in your time here, in a shorter time, and that’s even with a title to your name.

But more importantly than that, I am also the man that signed up to one show after another, in Savage and in Warfare, just to prove myself and what I can do. Because unlike the gem that Cage Coleman claims to be, Raion Kido doesn’t hide: he shines at his brightest when a great match is to be put on, and a great promo is to be cut. And I’m going to show you right now that, unlike every message you produce, these are no empty words.

Case in point - you need to constantly mispronounce my name in an attempt to be funny. I could call you a racist and pretend to be offended, but I know you didn’t even think of that purposefully - it’s just about as much as your damaged, under-developed brain can manage.

So instead, I simply need to announce the name of Cage Coleman, as you do, and point out the numerous times you’ve failed to meet the XWF standard, to show you up as the vapid, talentless fool you really are.”

Peeling back his lips, and gritting his teeth, the Lion shows his canines once more. But he still isn’t done - Cage Coleman had still more on his plate.

“And from one of those oh, so funny names you tried to call me, I’ve made up an entire concept of my own. You’ve resorted to a basic trick,here you have it turned back on you and amplified ten-fold. Because see, Cage, like junk food, it’s easy to do what you do - and just as worthless.

It’s a very different thing to come up with something to entertain and to make you look like the idiot you are, and without even attempting to offend anyone to boot. That’s how great meals are cooked, that’s how the best promos are cut, and that’s how the best matches you claim to do are put.

So this Savage Saturday Night, consider this a lesson. Like I said, there’s a first time for everything. Mine is to make my return from a setback, and yours is to lose to a Japanese wrestler - a Japanese wrestler, might I add, that beat you with a single, solitary punch.”

Raion’s right fist hits against his right palm, the snapping sound audible among the murmur of the guests eating and the cutlery working up in the food on the plates. A slight smile appears on his face - the sly smile of a predator about to finish off his prey.

“What, you didn’t think I would miss that, right? All the talent in the world, all those skills you pride yourself in, only to be ended in a swift, strike to your heart. Think up all the spots in the world to wow the audience, try to attempt them against me if you can, and watch them fail against the strength of the Lion.

Exactly like McDonald’s, Cage. Junk food to get an immediate reaction - compared to the healthy meal that both fills your belly and keeps you healthy. Come Savage Saturday Night, you’re going to get your fix, and it will probably be different from the trash I can only suppose you feed upon, given what you like to feed your audience with, but it will be necessary.

When the sound of the final bell wakes you up from the Lightning Bolt, consider those three seconds your heart was stopped as a warning. And maybe try to adopt the Raion Keto diet - it will be better for your health, and that of the XWF. Meanwhile, I’ll be going back to the path where I began, the cosmos will burn once more, and the Lion will have made his comeback.

Because make no mistake, Cage Coleman, after this match, people are going to talk about you - they will remember the Cage Coleman Classic where he was fed the Raion Keto Diet, if only for a brief moment before they move on and you go back to being silent until you see the next opportunity.

And after they’ve talked about you, they will also talk about Raion Kido, just as they have been doing, and how he moved on to the next stage of the Elite 8 tournament right after losing a title match. So don’t take it too hard, Cage. You never had a chance.”

The Lion throws a punch forward, cutting the very air around his fist with a swift motion. It was time to end this already.

“And from there on? I don’t know. Maybe I will indeed be the Superstar of the Month. Maybe I’ll even be the winner of the Elite 8 tournament at March Madness, and I’ll be delivering payback to Bobby Bourbon for what happened last show.

Maybe one day I’ll even be Television Champion too, and if I’m fortunate, I’ll go back to facing Charlie Nickles for that title. Maybe all those things will happen, maybe some, maybe none. That isn’t my concern right now - my focus is strictly on this Savage Saturday Night, right here in the city of Ottawa.

And once it comes, there’s one thing that I’m certainly going to be.

The victor of Cage Coleman, and the one that sent him back to where he belongs.”

Raion Kido points his thumb down to the ground - the exact same place Cage Coleman came from for this match, and where he shall go after the dust has settled, and the smoke has cleared.

Oblivion.”

Fade to black.

3000 words (wordcounter.net)

[Image: yfesfA4.jpg]

Signature courtesy of Atara Themis!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Raion Kido's post:
Quentin Quinn (03-09-2022), Theo Pryce (03-09-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (03-12-2022), Vita Frickin Valenteen (03-09-2022)