Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 03:04 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writers Needed!
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-01-2022, 06:42 AM

Folks I wanted to check in and see if there were any new folks who wanted to try and do some match writing for shows moving forward.

We've had a lot of the help we previously saw dwindle off recently, which is fine, no one is obligated to do it or anything, but we simply can't put out the level of quality shows that we want to be able to provide without continued help from the roster when it comes to the matches themselves.

The single biggest hurdle in getting results posted on time is getting all the matches handed in. We have repeatedly had problems in the last couple of months with not getting all of those matches covered by people or having them not handed in until the last minute or later.

What I'd like, hopefully, is for a couple new folks to maybe take a swing at it and see if they like it enough to do it consistently. Nothing crazy, usually one match per show is all we ever really need from anyone.

Let us know, people. Some folks think they would suck at it but turn out to be pretty good! Others think they'd hate it but end up enjoying it.

Thanks!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Theo Pryce (03-01-2022), Vita Frickin Valenteen (03-01-2022)
Erica Marie Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-01-2022, 11:31 AM

Well, now that I've settled in at my job and what not, I may be able to help out more regularly. I'm kinda picky about match writing though. I don't like the matches that have more than two people in them, first of all. Secondly, it drives me nuts if I reach out to the people in the match to get their input on what they'd like to see happen and then they ignore me. Buuuut... If you (Vinnie) need me to cover a match here and there, just tell me which one and try to give me the specifics so I don't have to chase people down lmao

[Image: photostudio-1642522162823.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

03-01-2022, 02:39 PM

If they ignore you, just go by what's on the rosters. That's what I do.

And we usually have plenty of singles matches to choose from.

Hate Post Like Post
Jenny Myst Offline
The Queen of X-Treme

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

03-01-2022, 03:35 PM

You know I'm always down to write a match or two just let me know

[Image: GxjjAcs.gif] 
 3x
[Image: 53vkwmL.png]
FORMER, 1x AND LONGEST REIGNING (101 Days)
[Image: eRm3OdS.png]
FOREVER AND ALWAYS
[Image: lJ5ayVc.png]
2x
[Image: Jdsm6ZU.png]
2x XWF Bombshell Champion
3x XWF X-Treme Champion
3x XWF Television Champion
X- Title Briefcase Holder
War Games Captain 
Sex, Metal, Barbie, CHAOS
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

03-02-2022, 01:25 PM

(03-01-2022, 03:35 PM)Jenny Myst Said: You know I'm always down to write a match or two just let me know

Thankfully you are. And we have over time had several folks who take a match or two per show consistently and that is greatly appreciated. At the moment we have maybe 2 people that do that which is what precipitated this post.

If anyone else would like to step up it would be greatly appreciated. Even if it's one match per show it's still a big help to us.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

03-02-2022, 01:27 PM

Pretty sure you have access to the writers room, so, all you have to do is grab something when it gets posted. If we have to go chasing people down individually it takes a lot longer.

(03-01-2022, 03:35 PM)Jenny Myst Said: You know I'm always down to write a match or two just let me know

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

03-11-2022, 06:38 AM

I wanted to follow up here because it's never going to stop being a pressing need.

The NUMBER ONE reason shows are ever late is because matches haven't been written, or sometimes because they haven't been sent to us in time.

Right now we have two matches for the upcoming Warfare that still need a writer. We also have quite a few for Anarchy.

If anyone wants to help out, just let either myself or Theo know.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

03-13-2022, 10:28 AM

Guys -

We have one match left to be covered for Warfare:

Corey Smith v. John Black

We would LOVE to have this in our hands by tomorrow or Tuesday!

Also, because you all hate ME PERSONALLY THE MOST, there are FIVE matches needed for Anarchy:

Vita Valenteen v. Ruby (this match should be great, why wouldn't someone want to write this one???)

Calvary v. Generic Heel

Boots Lichter v. Centurion

Dolly Waters v. Jason Cashe

Main Event - Scaffold over the river atch Elijah Martin v. Stevie McKeown

Hopefully we can get these all done by Wednesday!

Please help!!!

Hate Post Like Post
Raion Kido Offline
The Lion

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

03-13-2022, 01:41 PM

I can start working on Wednesday on any of the Anarchy ones.

[Image: yfesfA4.jpg]

Signature courtesy of Atara Themis!
Hate Post Like Post