Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 11:01 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Rise of the Fun-Raiser
Angelica Vaughn Offline
The One True 5'11 Vaughnemous One!

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

02-25-2022, 09:22 PM

San Antonio Community College
FUN-Raiser event #1

It was good to be ‘back in the saddle’ so to speak. Even though Angelica’s in-ring return hadn’t exactly gone as desired, or expected, mostly due to TRICKERY and CHICANERY, having gotten to wrestle again felt like coming home. The environment of the XWF was still mostly alien to her, so it wasn’t a surprise she’d had trouble finding her footing, but the only way was up, up and away! Nevertheless, her other duties couldn’t be ignored, and as promised, she was going to raise some FUN.

The site for this event was her school, the San Antonio Community College. The dean had been very eager to accommodate her, as he had always been bedazzled by the one and only ‘celebrity’ student his school has ever had. Angelica was well on her way to earning her business degree, and the dean was going to milk every bit of exposure out of her that he possibly could.

Dean Henderson: “Well well well, if it isn’t my favorite student!”

The dean, a small, bald bespectacled guy that looked like he’d lose a fight to a 4th-grader, enthusiastically came running up to her as the people started pouring into the event. It was a Dress-Up festival, with themed rides, arcade games, raffles, and even a wrestling exhibition event. Entrance was free to everyone who came in costume, and all proceeds were going to organizations that helped combat child poverty in Texas. Had to start somewhere.

Angelica: "Mister Dean! So happy to see you! Thanks again for letting me use the school grounds, I appreciate it a ton!"

Dean Henderson: “Oh, don’t mention it, although err… didn’t you say there were going to be… you know… *reporters*? You know for the err… paper?”

Angelica: "Oh! Well yeah, I’m sure Alejandro will be here for the school paper, and…"

Dean Henderson: “NOT THE SCHOOL PAPER!”

The dean’s high shriek drew the attention of some passersby, who raised their eyebrows. He quickly bowed towards them, as an apology. He cleared his throat, and resumed in a much more normal voice.

Dean Henderson: “Ahem, I meant like actual, external media outlets.”

Angelica: "Ohhh! Yeah, totes, they’ll be here soon. N-E-Ways, I have our first game to prepare, so see you in a bit! Toodles!"

She waved the dean goodbye, whose head was on a swivel as he was looking for any sort of media presence. As Angelica walked towards the main podium on the main courtyard, she walked past a man with three kids. They were all clad in weird, brown robes and carrying a kind of laser sword that Angelica recognized from a sci-fi franchise that she couldn’t recall the name of.

Angelica: "Hello sir, welcome to the Fun-Raiser! That is an amazeballs costume you and your kids are wearing!"

The guy, a forty-something with a scruffy beard, beamed with pride.

Man: “Thanks! I’m a Jedi, see?”

Angelica: "Ooh, so coolio! That’s from… wait, don’t say it… Star… I wanna say, Trrrrrr…"

She subtly saw the guy shaking his head and sucking air through his teeth.

Angelica: "…rrrrrrrrWAR! Star War!"

Man: “S. WarS.”

Angelica: "Wars Star! Sorry! I always get those two mixed up. So are your kids Jet Riders too?"

The oldest of the three kids raised his hand as if he was just asked a question in class. He didn’t wait for the go-ahead though.

Kid: “Not me! I’m just a Padawan!”

Angelica nodded, without actually having any kind of idea exactly *what* that was, but… It was just science-fiction, it was easy to deduce. She turned towards the other kids.

Angelica: "Impressive! So I guess you guys are Padatwo and Padathree?"

The father now slowly grabbed his kids by the shoulders and started to guide them away from Angelica.

Man: “We’re… going to go over there now.”

Angelica: "’kay! Have funsies! I recommend the funnel cakes!"

Satisfied that she’d made her guests feel welcome, Angelica wanted to step onto the podium, but she was almost literally grabbed by a reporter. Angelica remembered her from the phone conversation they’d had earlier in the week. She was a tall brunette, though not quite as tall as Angelica, and had her smartphone at her mouth to record what she was saying.

Angelica: "Ohh, Rebecca! How nice of you to join us, I believe the dean was looking for you."

Rebecca: “Oh, believe me, Miss Vaughn, I’ve been dodging that guy ever since we got here. It’s really just you we want to interview.”

Angelica gasped.

Angelica: "Really? Oh noes! He’ll be so disappointed!"

Rebecca: “Well, my editor said he’s been harassing us to do a human interest story on him for years now, and quite frankly we’re fed up with it. I mean, everybody knows this place is a dump, right?”

Angelica: "Errrrr…."

Rebecca: “I mean… No offense.”

Angelica: "…how is that ‘no offense’, exactly?"

Rebecca: “I mean, with all due respect, but it doesn’t really mean much if you graduate from here. I went to Texas Tech!”

Angelica: "That… doesn’t sound very respectful? And kinda rude? I’m getting my degree here!"

The reporter quickly shut her mouth, realizing that she had said something better left unspoken.

Rebecca: “Oh. Right, right, I forgot. My apologies. Now, just a quick question, Miss Vaughn, what is it you hope to accomplish here, exactly?”

Angelica: "Well, Rebecca. Can I call you Rebecca ?"

Rebecca: “You don’t have to address me, but no worries, we can cut that out. I learned that in proper journalism school.”

Angelica: "Hmpf! Well, AXLY, we’re raising money for the poor children who have fallen on hard times and have no safety net. Child poverty is at an all-time high, and what better way to lift them out of those hard times by raising some fun, right?"

Rebecca: “Quite. Will this not interfere with your other duties? Your ranch on the outskirts of San Antonio is growing into a large business, and obviously you’re still a student at this school. And on top of all that, you have just made your XWF debut. Which you lost. Some people say this will only prove to be one more distraction you don’t need, while your once promising wrestling career continues to flounder.

Angie’s eyes turned to slits.

Angelica: "What do you mean by ‘some people’?"

But before Rebecca could answer, Angie continued to talk.

Angelica: "Look, it’s easy to hate. It’s harder to rise above it. I’ve always risen above stuff, not in the least because I am totes five foot eleven and super tall! N-E-Ways, what I’m saying is that I’ve always done my very best to be successful at everything I do. Whether that’s building my business, studying for a business degree, helping others through charity, or… be the best wrestler this world has ever seen. And sure, you win some, you lose some… And while you can put an asterisk or two next to that Jenny Myst loss, it’d be silly to deny that I could’ve been better. But it’s not for a lack of effort or trying. I feel like things will be turning around soon. Now that my sister is back in my life, and I have a whole new mountain of fresh challenges ahead, the sky is literally the limit! And starting with RL Edgar next week! Kinda weird to call yourself ‘RL’, I mean… as opposed to ‘Fake’ Edgar? Or ‘Fantasy’ Edgar? So weird. Of course, this is real life, duhbvs, what does he think we all are, figments of someone’s imagination? That is, as they say in El Paso, loco!"

Rebecca: “I think ‘RL’ stands for ‘Reginald-Lewis’, his name?”

Angelica: "Errr… Well, if you know everything, then why are you asking me questions? Sheesh, lady. I just know he’s kinda short, kinda old, and unfortunately also kinda good! And… oops, I promised Sar-sar I wouldn’t mention that last thing. Dang it! Oh well."

Rebecca: “Speaking of your sister, the notorious Sarah Lacklan, how do you respond to *some* people, not me of course, who say that you’ll just be trying to ride her coattails to relevancy again?”

Angelica’s eyes turned to slits once more.

Angelica: "FIRST OF ALL! I never have done that! Secondly, my dearest and shortest sister is helping me as the World’s Greatest Life Coach, because that’s what family does! It sticks together! I know that may sound weird to people who have been following the XWF, because getting along with your family is, like, as rare as finding a 6IV shiny Ditto on your first try! But we’ve done it! So let’s put all of that nonsense to bud, and nip in the bed!"

Rebecca: “Yes, just a quick follow-up question to that...”

Angie sighed and rolled her eyes. This was supposed to be a Fun-Raiser, and she was NOT having fun right now! This is why she distrusted any media that wasn’t mainstream. They always had an agenda. Luckily, she saw her savior in the corner of her eye. She raised her arms and started waving frantically.

Angelica: "Oh! Oh! Mister Dean, over here, over here!"

As soon as the dean heard Angelica and saw that she was accompanied by a reporter, he pulled a sprint that would have probably qualified him for the Olympics and nearly flew around Angelica’s neck.

Dean Henderson: “Ta-daaa! Did someone call for a dean??”

The reporter rolled her eyes.

Rebecca: “Great…”

Angelica: "Mister dean, sir, I think Rebecca Reporter Lady here has tons of questions about you and our beloved school, so I think you should TOTES tell her EVERYTHING you know!"

Dean Henderson: “Oh, what a coincidence, I was *hoping* to talk to a reporter today! Anyway, let me tell you about our new athletics program…”

As a look of exasperation formed on Rebecca’s face, Angelica giggled and quickly made herself scarce. She finally hopped up on the podium, called for the DJ to stop the music and tapped the microphone, drawing the attention of the rather large crowd. Overhead was a banner of the Kappa Alpha Tau sorority that she had founded.

Angelica: "Hi-hiiiii~! Ladies, girl, gents and boys! In the name of the Kappa Alpha Tau sorority, allow me to welcome you to the first of undoubtedly TONS of Fun-raisers, where we aim to make the world a better place through fun times! I see many of you’ve already been dancing, playing games, and having snacks at our amazeballz food court! There’s loads more to come, obvs, with a few local stand-up comedians later in the evening, and for those of you wondering, or even worrying… YES, there will be clowns!"

Angelica’s face beamed with joy at the ‘surprise’, and was way too excited to notice the looks of discomfort across the crowd.

Angelica: "But FIRST and foremost, let’s kick things off with the greatest game in history, a quiz concept that I *TOTES* came up with myself, and is super original and fun… "

[Image: MqyV2x7.png]

Angelica: "The ANGLE word game! Now, the rules are simple… Every contestant has to guess a five letter word. You have six tries. Every word you guess will be scored with either a green, orange or grey score chart. Green means ‘right letter in the right spot’, orange means ‘right letter, wrong spot’, and grey means ‘does not appear’. Ironically, neither does Kenzi! Hah! N-E-Ways, it’s time to welcome our first contestant! Please welcome raffle number #619!”

A polite applause went through the crowd as an excited girl, around fifteen years old or so, showed her ticket to the security guard and climbed up on stage.

Angelica: "Hi! Congrats, and welcome! What’s your name!"

Maureen: “Maureen!”

Angelica: "Well, Maureen, get the word right, and you’ll win a fantabulous and Vaughnemous prize! Are you ready??"

Maureen: “Abs!”

Angelica: "Look who’s got the lingo down! ‘kay, first guess?"

Maureen thought long and hard for a grand total of three seconds.

Maureen: “Gonna go with… IRATE!”

Angelica looked up at the scoreboard…

Quote: 🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜

Angelica: "One letter right, one letter in the wrong spot!"

Maureen: “Ummmm… I’ll say… MISTY!”

Angelica: "Pokémon callback, nice! Also, a real word. Judges?"

Quote: ⬜ 🟩 ⬜ 🟩 🟩

Angelica: "Wow! Three correct letters, you’re doing great!"

Maureen was going over a ton of options in her head, while the crowd was waiting with bated breath. Nobody was, like, shouting the solution or anything.

Maureen: “Okay, my next guess is… KILTY!”

Angelica: "Ermm… I’m not sure if that’s a word, Maureen?"

Rebecca: “Yes it is! It’s like when you’re wearing something that looks like a kilt, because it has green and red squares, but in reality it’s just a skirt!”

Angelica: "Oh, err… Judges?"

A large *APPROVED* appeared on the scoreboard, followed by the result.

Quote: 🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩

Angelica: "Look at that, only one more letter!"

Maureen: “I think I know it, Angie! Is the word ‘KITTY’!?”

Quote:🟩🟩 🟩 🟩 🟩

A fountain of confetti erupted, and Maureen jumped up for joy. Angelica and the entire crowd cheered and applauded.

Angelica: "SO amazeballz, Maureen! You totes nailed it, KITTY was the word we were looking for! And with a phenomenaballz score of 4/6, you get a SWEET prize of a free selfie with Chuckles the Clown!"

Suddenly paralyzed by fear, Maureen had trouble finding both the strength to scream and the energy to run away in terror. Angelica continued on with the show however, not realizing that she had just turned Maureen’s day into a waking nightmare, rather than having granted her an amazing and fun experience.

Angelica: "Okay, next contestant! Raffle number #316, please and thankies!"

Peter: “That’s me!”

Peter climbed up on the stage to introduce himself, and Angie welcomed him with a handshake. From far, far away, Sarah Lacklan’s eyes were turning to slits as she watched the #CoolTube broadcast, thinking he was *far* too not-cute a boy to be shaking her sister’s hand in so enthusiastic a manner.

Angelica: "Alrighty, Peter! Let’s hear it! First guess?"

Peter: “I’m gonna go with OUIJA!”

Angelica: "Wow, look at you, strategizing and getting those vowels in! Judges?"

Quote: ⬜ ⬜ 🟨 ⬜ ⬜

Angelica: "Oof! That backfired, I think. Where do you go from here?"

Peter: “Hmmm… How about… MITTS?”

Angelica: "Ohhh, always risky double-dipping on consonants!! Judges?"

Quote: ⬜ 🟩 🟩 🟩 ⬜

Angelica: "Wow, it DID pay off this time! Three out of five correct!"

Peter frowned.

Peter: “Wait, is it… KITTY again?”

A fountain of confetti erupted once again, and Peter and the rest of the crowd looked confused. Not Angelica however.

Angelica: "AMAZEBALLZ TO THE MAX! You got it in 3/6 tries! That means you get one of the grandest prizes of the night, a supertacular special t-shirt that is on sale NOWHERE because Vinnie won’t put it on the XWF shop, and therefore is a one of a kind that celebrates the most devastating finishing maneuvers of all time that will put Real-Life Edgar away on Saturday, probs!"

Angie reached into her TOBVS bag (on sale on the XWF Shop, by the dubs!!!) and retrieved a special t-shirt.

Angelica: "TA-daaa! A world exclusive! All of your friends, if you have them, will be super jelly! Now, on to the final contestant! Can I please welcome raffle number #051 onto the stage?"

Kay: “That’s me, y’all! Ya gurl Kay!”

A twenty-year old student of the SACC hopped up on the stage.

Angelica: "Kay? Well, ‘kay, then, Kay! Welcome, and good luck! What’s your first guess?"

Kay: “Just a stab in the dark, but I’m gonna say KITTY!”

A fountain of confetti erupted once again, and the majority of the crowd started to drift away, but Angelica was completely unaware and just as enthusiastic as she was the first time.

Angelica: "OW EM GEE KAY! You got it totes right on the very first try! We call that the ANGLE SLAM! Do you have any idea how low those odds are??"

Kay: “Very low. I deserve a massive reward.”

Angelica: "I agree! Therefore I present to you… Duo VIP tickets to both the upcoming Saturday Night Savage AND March Madness! Who knows, you might see me in action two times, once when I beat RL Edgar, and the second time when I face an as of yet undetermined opponent on the PPV! Could be anyone! Isn’t that exciting??"

Kay: “I’m not really into wrestling, don’t you have Cowboys tickets or something?”

Angelica chose to ignore that last bit, and turned towards the crowd.

Angelica: "And thus concludes the very first ANGLE word game, folks! I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope you have a great time for the rest of the night. As I said before, there *will* be clowns, so be sure to stick around, and also local stand-up comedians. I do hope I can count on y’alls support this coming Saturday, and together we’ll show the XWF what’s what! Together, we’ll make this world a better place, so be happy, make merry, and above all else… Raise some fun!!"

*fin*
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Angelica Vaughn's post:
Lacklan (02-25-2022), R.L. Edgar (02-26-2022), Raion Kido (02-26-2022), Vita Frickin Valenteen (02-26-2022)