Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:17 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
A Big Fish in Shark Infested Waters
"Venom" Xavier Lux Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

02-24-2022, 04:34 PM

OOC Disclaimer: This happens before the events of "The Hangover in Vegas".

A dark green fish of an unknown species swims slowly around a fishbowl which it has clearly outgrown. Still, the fish swims as if the enclosed surroundings don’t bother it, and even though there are other fish of difference sizes inside the small bowl, it appears to be perfectly happy in this environment. A pair of hands suddenly grab the fishbowl, picking it up and taking it away from the table the bowl was being displayed and gets taken to a kitchen sink where its contents get unceremoniously dumped into. A teenage boy laughs madly as it walks away tossing the bowl to the side. All the fishes are flapping around, including the black and green one, trying to find water so they can stay alive. Moments later, that same boy comes back, having had a complete change of heart and prepares the bowl again for his saltwater fish, and once he has the right PH balance for the water, he begins to pick and choose which fishes get put back on the bowl, the rest get left to die in the kitchen sink. After a while, another pair of hands appear, smaller, belonging to a younger boy, grabbing each fish left behind individually and placing them inside a clear plastic bag that has some water already on it. The hands tie the plastic bags and then takes them away.

Boy: Do not worry my little dudes, I will take care of you.

That same young boy now walks down a pier, trying to keep up with his parents as they head for the very end where you can fish from. The little kid carries one of the fish, the dark green one, and as the little kid reaches the fishing area with his parents, he quickly looks over the edge at the ocean below, spotting a fish or two swimming here and there despite the harsh waves crashing against the wooden poles holding up the pier. He smiles and then removes the plastic twisty tying the plastic bag with the fish and then reaches over, ready to dump the fish into the ocean when the father notices what the child is doing and stops him.

Woah hold on a second there kiddo, you sure you want to do that?

Sure, I do, I think it’s ready, it was getting too big for my fishbowl after I rescued it.

But these are shark infested waters, it may get eaten alive the minute he hits the water. Are you sure you just want to drop it in there?

Well, now that you put it that way, I’m not sure if I do.

You can’t make a decision like that lightly. Think about it, it’s done so well in your little fishbowl, and it’s a little older…

It’s not old!

I know, that’s why I said a little. It’s been able to hang with all the fishes you have put on that bowl, and even the other bowl you took it out of, but now you are taking it out of that safe environment and putting it out into the vast sea. I mean look at it son, it’s massive.

The kid takes a moment to look in the distance where his father is pointing, ‘woah’ he says softly realizing how big the ocean really is. He brings the fish up to his eyes and looks at it is contemplating the decision. The fish doesn’t move much, the bag is just big enough for it, but it appears to stare back at the little kid before trying to move and look away. The kid appears to make his decision and looks at his father.

I know it can be scary, and full of sharks like you said, but it’ll be alright I think. Besides if not now, when?

As long as you are sure about your decision.

Yup!

Without thinking about it anymore, the kid stretches his arm past the wooden guard rail and turns the bag upside down. The water spills out and so does the fish, moving its fin rapidly, as if trying to brace for impact. It makes the tiniest of splashes in the ocean and it’s gone.

Don't be scared friend! I know you can do it!

Once inside the ocean, the fish swims freely, and even though fishes can’t smile, if this one could, it probably would be right now. It swims deeper and deeper into the water, and he sees many a shark off in the distance, just as the father predicted, but none seem to want to bother with it. It reaches the reef where it feels can be his new home. It is hesitant, but decides to push through, swimming right for it but as it gets closer, it gets cut off by a blue and black fish that tries to challenge it, but the dark green fish is up to the challenge and gets past it without a problem. It arrives at the reef and is trying to find just the right coral to call his home when a clown fish comes through, no, not looking for his lost son but instead, looking for a fight and tries to challenge it for the spot it has recently found. The clown fish fails miserably however and the dark green fish now feels like maybe, just maybe this is the place for it. Moments later it swims to a large shoal of fish, and here it comes across the most majestic lionfish it has ever seen and feeling challenged, the green fish battles it, but alas, our dark green fish falls to the lionfish. The dark green fish is left at the bottom of the ocean, laying on the sand, its gills gasping to breathe. It is now, and only now that the sharks start to come around, three of them circling above it as they smell blood. There is another shark that looks on from the distance, patiently waiting to see if the dark green fish will get up but it just stares back blankly, defeated.

Yes, I see you looking at me Alias.

Finally decided to come get some of that sweet-sweet revenge you have been craving since the Bad Medicine Pay Per View huh? What took you so long? I mean from what I heard you were really pissed off so why wait weeks, no, months to come get at me? You know what brand I signed up for, where I have been making my home in XWF all this time; why wait? Oh, I get it, you want to kick a man while he’s down, is that it? I know, I know, I got some nerve talking about that when that is exactly what I did to you. At least that’s what you think, but what happened at Bad Medicine was just me helping a friend out, that’s all. But you waiting for me to fall to come after me, that’s different. I mean regardless of how “small” my first two wins were, they were wins, so I was riding a little streak going into my match with the young lion, so why not come at me then? Nah, you waited until after I failed at my first pay per view appearance to make your move. What if I beat Raidon Kido that night? Would you still have come after me or waited some more? Would you still be waiting to see who was the first wrestler to knock me down before you made your move? I guess we’ll never know, but now that I have tasted defeat here in XWF for the first time you thought that you would catch me on the way down and slam me a little harder?

Well, I hate the taste of defeat and I’m not ready to taste another spoon full of it yet.

But maybe you saw that I was part of that three-on-three main event-caliber match at the Denzel Porter Invitational and thought, there is a Saturday Night Savage the night after, he’s going be hurting in a bad way after that stable war, that will be the perfect time to strike! I mean our match is less than 24 hours after what promises to be a brutal match, and as much as I want to say I’ll be ready, I would be showing disrespect to my opponents if I told you I was going to be 100 perfect and ready to face you. Not that those egotistical pricks deserve any of my respect, fuck them, but I am who I am and not what they think of me.

I give respect where it’s due, simple as that.

But speaking of, how do you think of me Alias? Do you see me like they do? Just a fish out of his bowl in shark infested waters? Just a small little guppy failing to make waves in the ocean that is XWF? Someone here just doing Peter Vaughn’s dirty work or worst, someone who is hiding behind Peter’s shadow to avoid getting into big fights himself? These are but a few of the allegations I’ve seen thrown around, but whatever that case may be, how you think of me or why you picked now as the moment to face me, you got me. You got me one-on-one at the next Savage "Space Jesus"; that is a fitting name for you because I am more than ready to atone for my cosmic sins.

Redeem me.

The fish has now washed up on the shore of some beach somewhere, its body swaying back and forth on the water as it hits the nice white sand. Once again we see another pair of hands cradle it and pick it up, but this time they are the hands of Xavier Lux. He is decked out in nothing but Bermuda shorts and sporting a pair of Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses, gold trim with green lens color. We see the fish reflect on his sunglasses, and the gills are still moving every slightly.

Damn little guy, you look like shit. How are you still alive? Should I throw you back in the ocean?

He thinks about this for a moment or two, looking at the sea and the glaring up at the flying seagulls and pelicans.

Nah, these assholes probably would snatch you right up, I’m surprised they haven’t already. Probably waiting to pick their spots, heh. I think I have an idea, may or may not work but it is worth a shot.

Xavier heads back the way he came from, kicking away the soft sand with his bare feet as he heads towards wooden gate with a sign that reads “Mnemba Island private beach, the Tanzanian flag flying high above it. Xavier goes past the gate and heads for one of the huts and once inside we see that it deceivingly large as there is a living room, a kitchen area and queen size bunk beds in the back. We see that there is a small fish tank sitting in a counter, and it is there where Xavier dumps his newly found friend. There doesn’t seem to be any other fishes inside the tank. Xavier grabs a small can of fish food, tries to look for an expiration date but doesn’t find one so he just shrugs and dumps some of the contents inside.

Hopefully this food doesn’t kill you and if does, you were dying anyway.

His cellphone begins ringing and he walks over to a small table outside where it is sitting next to a beer of an unknown brand. He takes a seat in one of the chairs in front of the table, grabs the beer, takes a sip and then finally picks up the phone to see who it is. He smiles, puts the phone down and then hits the speaker icon.

Peter! What’s going on super star?

X, where the hell have you been man?! I haven’t seen you since the pay-per-view!

Ah well, you know, I’ve been here and there… You know how I get after a loss, even if it is against a worthy opponent. People’s comments after the fact get inside my head, so I like to get away.

Oh I know, that’s why I am reaching out, just to see how far away you got this time.

*mumbles* Tanzania…

Come again?

Tanzania man!

What the hell are you doing in Tanzania?!

I told you, to get away.

Nah, it’s more than that man, what’s up.

Nah, legit is just that… and well, after spending my first two months in XWF in the coldest places in this world, I needed a change of scenery know what I mean?

Then go back home to Miami or Cali, not to a continent on the other side of the world!

Yeah, I know, it’s crazy. Alright fine, it’s for a small little project for TPW. I’m here in the search of something that will help me in my match with Inkwensu Wocha.

Come again?

Ink-wen-su Wo-cha.

Bless you?

White Devil man!

Oh El D!

Whatever. Anyway Three-Pete, going to have to let you go.

Oh no you don’t, when do you leave?

I should be there Friday night before Savage.

Oh good, so you didn’t forget about our three on three match vs. Genesis for the Denzel Porter Invitational.

Um…. No?

You ass, you forgot didn’t you!

My bad man, ask Chris to send me his jet, I'll send you the location. I’ll be in Vegas on Thursday.

Will do.

Alright, gotta go for real Pete, it’s getting dark here and I’m about to have a face-off with Elias.

Elias? You mean Alias, like, online?

No, Elias, for legal reasons, and no, ‘face-to-face’.

Uh, and he is there with you?

Yes, sort of. You’ll see the footage later.

Are you sure you OK man? Mentality? I hope you got some company.

Yeah I actually made a friend today, all is good man. Gotta go.

Peace.

Xavier hits the hang-up icon and then grabs the beer and finishes it. He then moves the small table out of the way and brings his chair closer to another one where we see a soccer ball on it with a red face painted on it.

Alright Elias, you ready for this?

No response obviously, but he has even taped some yellow leaves from a coconut tree on top of the ball to make it look like Alias’ hair.

Back when I was the World Champion in my ‘little indie promotion’, this would have been the marquee match-up in the middle of the promotional war that was going on at the time. But I’ll be honest man, I’ve never been into inter-promotional wars, it is just not my thing and not what I signed up for. Let others like Bam be the flag bearers, he does great in that type of role, which is why I don’t mind being in a stable with him, he’s a natural leader but that’s neither here nor there. I will admit that the thoughts of the match up with you did intrigue me, you are an XWF legend after all but at that time I was busy with a man named Outcast and even Peter himself, so I quickly put you out of my mind.

Sadly, I lost my championship, that promotion had a meltdown, I chose to leave and eventually came to XWF but in that time you also lost your championship, didn’t you? Like me, you didn’t lose it to Peter, but we both have had to watch him win both titles we once held proudly anyway. Again, that’s not here nor there but what I am getting at is what could have once been an inter-promotional main event match, is now just a mid-card match on a weekly weekend show. I mean sure it’s a falls count anywhere match and if done right, those things can steal the show, and like you, I am a show stealer, but still, can’t get the thought of ‘how the mighty have fallen’ out of my head. I will admit, I was never as mighty as you were, but now, at this very moment neither are you right?

He pauses for a response, nothing.

Fine. You are trying to get back to that level, trying to get back what you consider yours: The Universal Championship. I guess that is where you and I differ, you can still try get what you lost, but I can’t; that bridge has long gone up in flames. So maybe I should also go after what you think belongs to you. What better way to get back in the winning column than by defeating the #1 contender to the Universal championship? What happens if I win Alias? Some may say, at best, oh he just softened him up for Peter Vaughn, at worst, I am now inside his head and he has doubts going into his title match… But why should you still go on to face Peter if ‘someone like me’ can beat you? I say that if, no, when I pin you for the one, two, three, I take your spot in the Universal Championship match and show the entire XWF, or at least those three mofos in Genesis that I am nobody’s floormat, that I am nobody’s lackey and that I do not hide in anyone’s shadow. Yeah I know Peter has the title, we'll worry about that later.

What do you say Alias, put that title shot on the line? Yes, I know I don’t deserve it; everyone is laughing at my two wins and even more at my one loss. What I have done up to now means absolutely nothing…

But beating you, now that is something isn’t it?

Xavier stands up, pats the ball mockingly on 'it's head' and then turns, heading back inside to where to his surprise, the fish is now floating and swimming, barely, but swimming. Xavier smirks.

------------------------------------------------
Word count: 3000 via wordcounter.net

[Image: XavierLux2023.png]

In XWF:
13-10-1 
0-4 in PPVs
0-3 in Title Shots

Before XWF: 
3x NLW World Heavyweight Champion
1x OCW World Heavyweight Champion
2x GCWA Tag Team Champion
1x OCW Savage Champion
2x NLW Path of Destiny Champion
1x OCW Paradigm Champion
NLW Hall of Fame
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like "Venom" Xavier Lux's post:
ALIAS (02-24-2022), Marf (02-24-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (02-24-2022)