Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 03:36 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Who was January's STAR of the month?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mark Flynn
0%
0 0%
Ruby
0%
0 0%
Peter Vaughn
47.06%
8 47.06%
Marf
0%
0 0%
Charlie Nickles
11.76%
2 11.76%
Elijah Martin
11.76%
2 11.76%
Corey Smith
23.53%
4 23.53%
OTHER
5.88%
1 5.88%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JANUARY 2022 SOTM
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-01-2022, 12:13 PM

What a great month! I was really impressed by the work everyone did for Fire & Ice and I am really digging a lot of the newer faces we have around here.

We lost a couple people for various reasons, but that's how this game goes. Honestly, the fact that we have so many people for as long as we do is pretty amazing.

ANYWAY! Let's start off 2022 with a brand new STAR OF THE MONTH!

Obviously a lot of things took place in January, ending with a huge PPV show that I think eclipsed last year's January show easily. A lot of people did really well!

Here are a few examples - vote for one of these OR vote for someone else by choosing OTHER and letting us know who it is in the comments. Remember to always comment with why you have chosen whomever it is your vote is going towards.

Thanks!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Dolly Waters (02-02-2022), Mark Flynn (02-01-2022), Mr. Oz (02-01-2022)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-01-2022, 02:08 PM

Voted for Charlie because he brought the HEAT lol

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Corey Smith's post:
Mark Flynn (02-01-2022), The Chameleon (02-01-2022)
Mark Flynn Offline
24/7 Briefcase Holders get their name in GOLD
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

02-01-2022, 03:17 PM

Y'ALL READY FOR MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!

Before I begin, I'd like to place a disclaimer that the purposes of this math are to explain my own choice for Superstar of the Month. I'm not claiming that my choices are objectively correct or making a recommendation on who you should vote for.

I am not a legally licensed XWF star reviewer, I just like the stock guy or gal. Big Grin

BEGIN THE MATHS

Mark Flynn
January Accomplishment: Won Tag Titles
Overall Record: 2-0
PPV: 1-0
Warfare: 1-0

Ruby
January Accomplishment: Beat Atara
Overall Record: 2-1
Savage: 0-1

Anarchy: 1-0

Peter Vaughn
January Accomplishment: Won Uni Title

Marf
January Accomplishment: Won X-Treme Title
Overall Record: 1-0

Charlie Nickles
January Accomplishment: Held TV Title
Savage: 1-0

Elijah Martin
January Accomplishment: Won Anarchy Title
Overall Record: 3-0
Anarchy: 2-0

Corey Smith
January Accomplishment: Held SuperContinental Title

OTHER? [People that I arbitrarily decided to perform math on, to see what would happen]
Thunder Knuckles
January Accomplishment: New X-Treme Title #1 contender
Overall Record: 1-0

Thaddeus Duke
January Accomplishment: Removed his father from Hall of Legends

Hot damn, a LOT of people ran through January undefeated! Which I think was a function of some cards being delayed by completely reasonable holiday downtime. In January, we had 1 Fire & Ice, 1 Warfare, 1 Savage and 2 Anarchies, hence why Elijah Martin has one more win than everyone else (and thus is the winningest XWFer of the month of January!)

So, I'm going to lob one more bonus point on for WINNING FIRE & ICE TEAM! Unless I'm a fool (which I am), I believe that what the winning Fire & Ice Team will receive has remained shrouded in mystery... So, I'm going to highlight members of Team Diamond, cuz they scored 4 out of 5 possible points, WOW!

Winning Fire & Ice Team Members: Thunder Knuckles, Ruby, Peter Vaughn, Elijah Martin, Barney Green

OKAY! Let's start cutting people:

First, I'm cutting Marf and TK! Marf won the X-Treme title and TK won at Fire & Ice, but they both had relatively laidback months, only wrestling at the big PPV. Great months, though, my dudes!

Okay, I'm also gonna cut Ruby. No offense, but she's the only nominee with a loss, and I have to start reducing somewhere...

I'm gonna remove myself, I feel like I had a good month, but other people had better ones, and I'm okay with that. Smile

And finally, let's cut Thad, just because he wasn't on a Fire & Ice team and thus, his huge win over Sebastian contributed ZERO points! He did make the stellar decision to have me guest commentate though. Heart

OKAY, we're down to Vaughn, Nickles, Elijah and Corey...

...Wow, all four of these people had amazing months! Elijah finally got the "Can't win the Anarchy Title" monkey off his back, Charlie's making a run at a record-setting TV Title run, Corey is never going to lose the SuperContinental and Peter Vaughn won the Uni Title in record time for a new XWFer!

...Phew... Okay.

So, this might be a controversial choice, but I said earlier that I was counting Fire & Ice team performance as a criteria... And subsequently, I gotta cut Charlie and Corey. Not for their individual performances but just to break up this very close race... For the record, Corey was the ONLY point won by Team Vinnie Lane and Charlie was one of TWO total points won by Team Smokin' Bob!

So, now we're down to Elijah Martin and Peter Vaughn.

Wow. So, both of these dudes were part of the winning Fire & Ice team, both of these dudes won championship gold, both of these dudes went undefeated the entire month of January! On any other month, both of these dudes would run away with the award!

...Okay.

So, I'm going to make a SECOND controversial decision! And count outside-fed accomplishments JUST THIS ONE TIME.

Because holy shit.

If you're not aware, in January, Peter Vaughn not only won the XWF Universal Championship, but also the TPW International Championship AND PWV World Championship. He's had an insane start to 2022, not just in the XWF, but EVERYWHERE HE WORKED.

So... If anyone deserves the Star of the Month curse to take them down a notch, it's Peter Tongue

Going with The Janitor. Final answer.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 11 users Like Mark Flynn's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (02-02-2022), "Venom" Xavier Lux (02-02-2022), Atticus Gold (02-02-2022), Calvary (02-01-2022), Corey Smith (02-01-2022), Marf (02-01-2022), Mr. Oz (02-04-2022), Peter Vaughn (02-01-2022), Thaddeus Duke (02-01-2022), Theo Pryce (02-01-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (02-01-2022)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-01-2022, 03:31 PM

I love these breakdowns and I'm going to rep the post as soon as I can.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
Mark Flynn (02-01-2022)
Thunder Knuckles™ Offline
A No Good Bastard

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

02-01-2022, 03:44 PM

I voted for Corey. Mark had pointed out this race is close as hell! This month and since its creation, there has been only ONE SuperContinental.

[edit]

Also at the PPV he had to prepare for three different opponents.

[Image: newtngb.png?ex=661f68da&is=660cf3da&hm=6...9be1b4b4b&]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thunder Knuckles™'s post:
Mark Flynn (02-01-2022)
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

02-01-2022, 04:26 PM

I went with Mark's logic, except that I took myself out of the line-up lol. So I voted for Elijah.

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Hate Post Like Post
The Chameleon Offline
is Ned Kaye

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

02-01-2022, 04:36 PM

as i understand it, corey has been killing it recently, so i think he definitely has earned the award to kick off this year.
Hate Post Like Post
Marf Offline
THE Marf

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

02-01-2022, 05:43 PM

As usual, everyone up there deserves a vote. I voted for Corey, really raising the bar for the prestigiousness of the Supercontinental title.

2x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
5x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Member of Charlie’s Carnies
Hate Post Like Post
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

02-01-2022, 06:15 PM

I normally have a rule that I vote for Ruby whenever she is nominated. Unfortunately, I couldn't do that this month. Not with the level of competition provided. (Sorry Rubez!)

My initial thought was to go with Vaughn, for various reasons. I also wanted to vote for Elijah Martin, and if we had a "most improved" award, he'd be a shoe-in. In the end, though, I went with Corey, as he has been the most consistent presence on the roster, and while Vaughn made a bigger splash, Corey felt like a reliable rock as this year kicked off and a lot of crazy stuff happened

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
ALIAS Offline
Space Jesus

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

02-01-2022, 07:44 PM

I went with Vaughn, just because of the impact he had this month.

It's nice to see Corey in the running. I know it was spoken about last month, and I feel like he's almost too consistently good that when he keeps winning matches, it's just like "well yeah, of course he did".

Do you have a light?

[Image: 7qdASxF.jpg]
(Banner courtesy of Atara Themis)
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes ALIAS's post:
Thaddeus Duke (02-01-2022)
ElijahMartin Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

02-01-2022, 08:10 PM

I don’t believe in voting for myself, so this was a tough choice for me, had a few different options… eventually went with Vaughn

Hate Post Like Post
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

02-01-2022, 08:11 PM

Unlike Elijah, I almost exclusively believe in voting for myself. So I did!

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

02-01-2022, 08:44 PM

Gotta give it to "Wild Thing" Ricky Vaughns cousin, Peter. He came out of nowhere and shocked the world.

[Image: juXb2Dg.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Barney Green's post:
Peter Vaughn (02-02-2022)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-01-2022, 09:32 PM

I voted for Peter.

Mark has very compelling maths so from now on, I'm just voting for whomever his math tells me to.

Also... Vaughn currently holds like 3 world titles, and that's pretty incredible.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thaddeus Duke's post:
Mark Flynn (02-01-2022)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-01-2022, 09:50 PM

(02-01-2022, 07:44 PM)ALIAS Said: , and I feel like he's almost too consistently good that when he keeps winning matches, it's just like "well yeah, of course he did".

I suppose there are worse problems to have

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (02-02-2022)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-04-2022, 06:18 AM

Same here - speak! Let your voices be heard!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post