Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 04:35 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Fire and Ice 2022 PPV RP Boards
Return Of The Storm Of Swords
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-27-2022, 12:40 PM

The Road So Far:

Old Connections, New Suspicions

Learning Who Is In Charge

Enjoy Every Moment As If It Was Your Last

Lord Of The Thrones

A Clash Of The Two Towers

[Image: executive-summary.jpg]

An unknown length of time ago, Peter Vaughn entered another reality: virtual reality. He was in pursuit of a position on the Custodial Coalition board, a chance to earn more power for himself. Per the challenge of their leader, Master Cleaner, Vaughn went into a unique world to try and find a way to defeat it. Unfortunately for Vaughn, he accidentally chose multiple stories instead of just one: Game of Thrones, The Lord of the Rings, and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

Since entering, Vaughn has faced numerous tests. He's seen the deaths of multiple comrades, including Bilbo Baggins and Boromir Eddard Frey. He's fought a true monster in The Mountain, barely surviving thanks to the intervention of The Hound. He outsmarted the notorious Littlefinger, having Baelish arrested for his crimes. He went full Ring, using its mysterious powers to utterly destroy an invading army from the enemy, House Sauron. This last decision, however, appears to have left him closer to death than ever before, as his real-life body is not taking the effects of the Ring well. With no knowledge of this, will Vaughn keep using the One Ring, and will this use of power end his chance of becoming Universal Champion... and of surviving this quest?

~The picture brings us, once again, to the small room where Peter Vaughn is housed. His heart beat still appears to be irregular from the sound of the machine, but at least the seizures have stopped. The head custodian sits next to him, still unwilling to leave. He pats Vaughn on the shoulder, as if to send some assurance through to him.~

Head Custodian: We're in the end game now.

~Other members of the group pass by, with many obviously curious about how all of this is going to end. The dice are still in the air. No one knows what the final result is going to be. We again head towards Vaughn's face, or more specifically, the visor across his eyes. It allows us to 'head inside', following the electronic flow through to the end.~

~Once the picture clears, we find ourselves on a blood-soaked battlefield. There are several bonfires in our point of view, started up to help burn off the bodies before decomposition becomes an issue. There is an effort to separate the bodies of each side, but there are so many dead, it is a tough task. Standing near the work, looking exhausted, is the group who have been following Peter Vaughn, aka "The Faceless Man" Lord Frodo Snow. While the Battle of The Hornburg (or The Battle of Helm's Deep) would have been lost without the arrival of Melisandre and the Rohirrim, most of the survivors have only been talking about Vaughn turning invisible during the battle. He single handedly cut down a significant portion of the enemy forces by himself, making him a hero in most eyes. His own allies aren't quite as sure.~

Samwise Tarly: I'm telling you, all the stories say that using The One Ring can blacken your heart and destroy your soul.

Tyrion Gimli: Maybe so, Sam, but without that advantage, the bastard would have fallen and we wouldn't be here to be able to keep drinking.

Merry Greyjoy: I'm worried about him. He's our only hope for reaching the Castle of the Fiery Eye. Do you think he can make it?

Pippen Baratheon: I just want to know what he and that witch are talking about.

Arya Stark: I am sure we will find out soon.

~The group is currently waiting for Vaughn to return, as he is currently meeting with Lady Lysa Arryn and Melisandres about details unknown. The group, understandably annoyed at being kept out of it, has taken to waiting on the battlefield.~

Pippen Baratheon: Do you think we could head elsewhere? The smell of burning orc flesh isn't very good for my appetite.

Merry Greyjoy: I didn't think anything could affect your appetite, Pippen.

Arya Stark: We'll move soon. Here comes Lord Snow now.

~Coming up from the right is Peter Vaughn, followed closely by Melisandres. "The Red Woman" is now all in white, likely having undergone a transformation outside of our hero's view. Even her hair is completely white, which is... a different look. Vaughn nods to the group, who begins to prepare for departure.~

Peter Vaughn: Thank you all for waiting patiently.

Tyrion Gimli: As long as we have our wine, we can wait for anything.

Melisandre: How is everyone feeling after the battle?

Arya Stark: We are ready to get moving.

Peter Vaughn: I know, Strider, and we will be heading out soon. Unfortunately, there's something we need to take care of first. I know that all of you have wondered if there is a traitor in our midst... I believe there is.

~The group, startled, all begins to turn towards each other with questioning looks. Only Tyrion doesn't jump up; instead, he takes another swig from his flask.~

Peter Vaughn: Melisandre was just giving me an outlook on my future...

Melisandre: I saw a darkness in you, and in that darkness, eyes staring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you'll shut forever.

~Vaughn stares at Melisandre for a few moments before continuing.~

Peter Vaughn: Yeah. That. I don't really remember what Jim Caedus' eyes look like, but I bet he's on that list. Could be wrong. But it did get me to thinking about eyes... and who's been watching me. Who's most likely to betray me.

~Vaughn steps up past Tyrion and looks eye-to-eye with Merry Greyjoy. Merry meets the gaze, not flinching, looking angry at the potential implication. Behind him, Strider has pulled out one of her blades, preparing herself. But she doesn't get to act yet, as Vaughn suddenly smirks at Merry, before turning to face the man on his right.~

Peter Vaughn: It also triggered another thought: since when has Pippen Baratheon had green eyes?

~The fellowship turns as one to look at Pippen, who looks up with wide eyes. He drops the apple he was about to take a bite out of, looking around at everyone.~

Pippen Baratheon: What? I... my eyes have always been green! Merry, tell them!

Merry Greyjoy: I... I don't remember... but I think so...

Peter Vaughn: Maybe... maybe so, Pippen. Maybe it was a false lead.

~Pippen sighs, relaxing slightly as Vaughn reaches behind him. He pulls out a weird globe, showing it to everyone, causing Pippen to look freaked out once again.~

Peter Vaughn: Wrong or not, though, Pippen, it led us to search your belongings, and look what we found. A palantir. Where'd you pick this up?

~Pippen sputters, trying to come up with something to say. At the same time, he himself is searching for something with his free hand. He finds a small dagger, pulling it loose. As quickly as possible, Pippen leaps forward towards Vaughn.~

Pippen Baratheon: FOR HOUSE SAURON!!!

~The blade misses, though, as Arya Stark has already leapt into action. She separates Pippen from the knife... and Pippen from his right hand!! Pippen falls backwards, screaming, as his hand, still clutching the weapon, falls on its own to the ground. Vaughn, having jumped back, is now smiling as he pulls Sting from his belt.~

Peter Vaughn: Sensational work as always, Strider. Oh, quit screaming, Pippen, we'll get you a golden hand to replace yours... if you live through this. Melisandre?

~Melisandre steps forward, speaking a long line of Elvish towards the downed Pippen. His screams begin to change in pitch, as his entire likeness begins to alter, the spell controlling his appearance having been broken. The chest expands, showing a fair amount of cleavage there. The hair turns golden blonde. When the transformation concludes, we see a woman sitting there in Pippen's clothes. Vaughn shakes his head.~

Peter Vaughn: Cersei Lannister. Shame. Shame. Shame.

~Cersei glares up at Vaughn, trying to rise up, only to get shoved back down by his boot. He points Sting straight at her throat, and she stops moving.~

Peter Vaughn: You made your attempt. You failed. Be glad I have no reason to add your blood to my blade.

~Guards who followed from behind move in, pulling Cersei up. They begin to drag her off, both to get her arm sealed and to take her to prison.~

Cersei Lannister: You'll never win, Snow! You and your whole band of misfits will fall before you can reach the throne! You will die!

Peter Vaughn: Maybe. But for now, I can still do this.

~He waves at Cersei, who curses again as she's dragged off. Vaughn watches them go, then turns back to a clearly shaken Merry.~

Merry Greyjoy: ... When? When did it happen? Back in the Shire? During our travels? How could they know?

Peter Vaughn: Don't question it too much, Merry. Things like this, sometimes they just happen in stories. At least now we've figured out who it was, and we can move forward.

Tyrion Gimli: Move forward?

Peter Vaughn: Of course. We still need to get to Casterly Rock. I have an oath to fulfill.

Tyrion Gimli: True... to deliver that scroll to someone there. But do you know who? With the One Ring separated from the scroll, you've surely read it.

Peter Vaughn: I have.

Samwise Tarly: And? What does it say, Mr. Frodo??

Peter Vaughn: All in good time. Knowing now probably wouldn't change anything for you all, but just in case, I'd rather keep it to myself. If this is a problem, and you no longer wish to follow me, I understand.

~Vaughn looks around at the individuals who have traveled with him so far. Tyrion doesn't seem bothered one way or the other. Merry is shellshocked, but not running away. Strider is emotionless as always, just ready for the next fight. And Sam? Good old Sam just looks troubled. But since no one speaks up, Vaughn nods in approval.~

Peter Vaughn: We head out for Casterly Rock in thirty minutes.

Tyrion Gimli: Not to throw spoiled ale on your plans, "Lord" Snow, but since Pippen, or Cersei, knew of your destination, doesn't that mean that the whole undead army will now be waiting for us to arrive?

Peter Vaughn: Most likely.

Tyrion Gimli: Then should we come up with alternatives? Maybe mailing the scroll, perhaps, or hiring someone to deliver its message, rather than risk our own misbegotten lives?

Peter Vaughn: That would be the smart choice. But I cannot fulfill this task by hiding in a cave somewhere. It has to be me. Again, if you don't want to follow, I understand. But I am leaving.

~Vaughn steps away, then looks back over his shoulder.~

Peter Vaughn: Oh, and so is the entire army of Lady Lysa. Did I forget to mention that?

~The remains of the fellowship perks up at this news as Vaughn walks away, extremely confident that he's doing the right thing. However, his hand cannot stop going to the ring hanging, via chain, on his neck. It seems to be hard for him to be out of contact with it. We cut away.~

Does it feel like we're approaching the end, Jimmy-Boy?

It's been months since the war between Apex and The Exiles began. I started it so long ago, a fight against a force that I thought would try to hold me down. It's only fitting that I'm the one to end the war with this victory. After Fire & Ice is over, everyone in the world will know that The Exiles were the superior force. Sure, we had our ups and downs. Sometimes we came out on top, sometimes Apex stole it away. But all that really matters in the end is the final battle, the one to determine one's superiority ever more.

After Sunday, Apex will never be the same again.

But I'm not blind. I know the ApeXile war was also a bonus for both of us. It earned you a Universal Title, it got me the TPW International Title, and in the end, it's going to leave me with even more gold. So in a way, I'm thankful we've had these battles, Jimmy. I wouldn't be where I am today without you. Just think about that. Without the members of Apex, I wouldn't be making my climb to the top of the wrestling universe. I suppose I owe you. But don't expect me to go easy on you because of that. I still fully plan to take your hide as a souvenir from the end of the war.

As well as the belt.

It's my destiny to be listed among the greatest wrestlers in the history of the sport. It is my fate to make that climb over people like you, people who could've risen as well. Too bad the space up there is limited. Back 'a the line, Jimmy-Boy. It's my turn for the spotlight. And whoever's coming next? Well, I just hope they're just as kind to give themselves over to my elevation to the heights of glory.

Because I'll make it there, Jimmy. You have my word that your sacrifice will not be wasted.

~The camera moves like a drone, zooming over a vast army of horse-riders as they make their way in formation towards the next location: Gondor, the last castle remaining before you reach the southern lands of House Sauron. The troops are moving with a purpose, knowing that after their victory at Helm's Deep, anything is possible. The camera flies down to join where Vaughn is riding next to his faithful companions, all of whom have stayed with him.~

Samwise Tarly: How are you feeling, Mr. Frodo?

Peter Vaughn: I'm feeling great, Sam. We're riding into battle where anything can happen and anyone can die! What's not to love?

Samwise Tarly: Well, I meant, physically... I know, you used the One Ring...

Peter Vaughn: It worked pretty well, didn't it? I thought it would be tough, but really, I don't think it had any effect on me.

Samwise Tarly: Maybe... maybe you should let someone else carry it for...

Peter Vaughn: NO!!!!!

~Vaughn's sudden shout attracts attention, as some of the soldiers look over their direction. Vaughn gives them a nod, then lowers his head towards Sam.~

Peter Vaughn: I... I appreciate the offer. But this is something I have to do myself.

Samwise Tarly: I'm just really concerned for you, Mr. Frodo... I can bear the burden too...

Peter Vaughn: But you don't have to, Sam. It's mine. I mean... the burden. It's mine.

~Vaughn shakes his head for a second, as if fighting off a daze. He then spurs his horse onwards, leaving Sam behind for a moment. Sam, forlorn, watches him go. Vaughn rides further up to get next to Arya Stark, who, as you would expect, is handling her horse like a champion.~

Arya Stark: The ride is going smooth. I don't like it.

Peter Vaughn: You're always anticipating death and destruction.

Arya Stark: And I'm usually right.

Peter Vaughn: That's true. But I think we're good until we reach...

~Suddenly, there are yells up ahead as a soldier can be heard reacting.~

Soldier: The beacon! The beacon is lit!! Gondor requires aid!!

Peter Vaughn: We're already going to Gondor!

Soldier: Oh. Right.

Peter Vaughn: Besides, are you sure that's a beacon? That flame seems to be... growing...

~Without another word, Vaughn begins to ride forward, pushing his horse to accelerate to full speed. Arya, after only a moment, flies after him. A few other soldiers follow as well, as they head towards the front of the army... where a dragon can be seen, standing and blasting flame at a section of troops!!! Vaughn heads that direction, pulling out his Longclaw sword, while needing the other hand to ride. He pivots, though, on the way there, turning to where he can see Lady Lysa on the ground, unconscious, being cradled by another woman. That woman looks up at Vaughn with saddened eyes.~

Daenerys Bombadil: I'm... I'm sorry... I couldn't stop this...

~Vaughn expertly dismounts, landing next to Daenerys. One look tells him that Lady Lysa's wounds are likely fatal. She was likely hit by the dragon's claws while charging. Vaughn looks towards where the dragon is still fighting the troops.~

Peter Vaughn: What happened?

Daenerys Bombadil: They... they surprised us. They had large arrows... Smaug was hit before I saw it coming. He... he died... and they brought him back... they BROUGHT HIM BACK!!

~Daenerys' voice quakes with emotion. There is some sorrow in there... but also indescribable anger. Vaughn senses it, but doesn't pursue it at the moment. He looks towards the undead Smaug, knowing that this quest now stands on a thin thread. He can't allow it to end. He starts walking towards the dragon, as Strider stops near him.~

Arya Stark: Snow!! Where are you going?? SNOW!!

~Vaughn doesn't respond. He takes off the necklace, getting the One Ring ready as he grasps the Longclaw blade. Sting stays in his belt, ready if needed. Smaug, as if sensing a true threat, slowly turns to face him. His skin is now pale, and his fire appears to have a bluish tinge. He rises up, his tattered wings keeping him from flying. Vaughn sets himself, studying the dragon who once guarded an enormous pile of gold.~

Peter Vaughn: I always wanted to fight a dragon. Heh heh, hah HAH HAH!!!

~Vaughn begins charging forward, laughing, then converting it into a scream of defiance for the system putting this in his way. Smaug rears back... and a jet of fire blasts out, covering the landscape...~

~Back in the real world, we see Vaughn's unconscious body once again shuddering, as if being given shock treatments from the machine. The other custodians try to hold him down, but it's extremely difficult to contain him. The heart rate machine is sounding like an AC/DC concert, the way it's hitting the beats.~

Custodian #2: We're losing him!! We need the Master Cleaner!! Get him on the computer!!

Head Custodian: There is nothing the Master Cleaner can do. This is all up to Peter Vaughn's strength of will.

Custodian #2: But... but...

~Suddenly, the heart rate monitor flatlines, catching everyone's attention. The head custodian puts a hand on Vaughn's neck, feeling for a pulse.~

Head Custodian: He's...

~Suddenly, Vaughn jerks, then is still once more. But the heart rate machine is now beeping normally again. The head custodian lowers to his knees, shaking.~

Custodian #2: He's stabilized! Thank Groundskeeper Willie!

Head Custodian: That... was too close...

~The custodians go back to monitoring Vaughn, even though most of them have about lost hope after that last episode. Only the head custodian still seems to have some faith.~

I've had some close calls in my life.

Really, they've gone both directions. I've had times where if I had not ducked in time, I might not be here today. And I've had moments where, if I had jumped left instead of right, I'd have more championships to my name. It's just the way of the world we live in, I guess. On Sunday, though, I definitely plan to jump the right direction and win myself some gold from you, Jimmy.

Have you had any close calls that shaped your life? Wait, what am I saying? You were dead once, right? At least once? I remember hearing about it. Not sure I understand all the details, but you're one up there on me, Jimmy-Boy. I can say I've had a ton of experiences, but death hasn't been one of them. I have no plans on leaving this earthly plane until my name is firmly entrenched in everyone's memory for the legend that I've become. I guess you're lucky you got back, huh? Was it scary? Did it mess with your mind? I suppose nobody could come out of something like that without scars.

Tell me this, though: did those experiences leave you feeling less... connected with the world? Less able to really hang onto your emotions the right way? Because sometimes I wonder, Jimmy. Sometimes I consider if I'm not just playing a role here. But then I think of the satisfaction I'll feel by dethroning you as the champion, and in my gut, I know that sensation is real, even if I'm not completely sure about the joy or the anger. It's kind of a mix in there, you know?

I'm the man my world has made me.

Sometimes I think the world regrets it.

But who knows for sure. Right now, it doesn't even matter. The only thing that truly matters is keeping my allies out of the blue goo, keeping the referee from screwing me over in any way, and keeping you from doing anything to stop me from becoming the greatest XWF Universal Champion in history.

Too soon? Probably. But you've got to set your goals high, right?

~The cheering is insane. The armies of the Vale are shouting as one, completely unified in their excitement.~

Soldiers: KING OF THE NORTH!!! KING OF THE NORTH!!!

~Nearby, we see the deceased body of Smaug the Magnificent, his head having been removed rather violently. Apparently Vaughn's Longclaw sword is made of Valyrian steel. Vaughn is on his knees, with Strider and Daenerys both hovering over him. They help him up, working to get him back to the medical area. Although Vaughn is still breathing, it was clearly a very near thing. There is fresh scarring on his armor, as well as some burns to his arms. He seems to be in good spirits, though, even as they get him back.~

Peter Vaughn: I cut off a dragon's head. Beat that, Jim.

~They get Vaughn in, laying him down in the makeshift tent, which has just been set up to deal with dragon-fire victims. Sadly, there aren't very many who survived to make it this far. The medic starts putting some unknown materials on Vaughn's arms, which seems to at least soothe the pain. Vaughn sighs, leaning back.~

Arya Stark: That was extremely stupid, you know.

Peter Vaughn: It worked, didn't it?

Arya Stark: I don't see how. I thought for sure you were dead.

~A loud yelling can be heard outside the tent.~

Tyrion Gimli: Where is he? Out of the way! I'm gonna kill him!

~Tyrion bursts into the tent, rapidly looking around before coming over to Vaughn.~

Tyrion Gimli: You are the luckiest, the canniest, and the most reckless man I've ever known!!

Peter Vaughn: I'll take that as a compliment. I definitely thought ol' Smaug had me with that blast. I had put on the Ring, but he didn't give me much room to maneuver. Somehow, though, I was able to avoid it, like it wasn't there. I got to a shield, charged forward... and you can see the rest.

Arya Stark: Next time, try not to rely on luck.

Peter Vaughn: I'll keep that in mind.

~Strider and Tyrion leave the tent, both looking relieved and frustrated at the same time. Daenerys sits beside him, lowering her head.~

Daenerys Bombadil: I wish... to thank you as well. For ending my Smaug's torment. And for saving all of us.

Peter Vaughn: It's part of my duty, your Queen.

Daenerys Bombadil: I appreciate your comment, but I have not yet become...

~Vaughn, at this point, has pulled out the scroll he was originally given by a dying Bilbo Baggins. He quickly reads the first part of the document.~

Peter Vaughn: "Daenerys Stormborn of House Bombadil, the First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Lands of Middle Earth, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains, you are the rightful ruler of the land of Westeros and all that lays before it."

Daenerys Bombadil: What... what is this? A royal decree?

Peter Vaughn: From what I understand, and I don't know much, this decree was meant to put you on the throne, my Queen. Unfortunately, deceptive rulers like the Lannisters kept it hidden, destroying any copies that were found. I was given this scroll by a brave man, Bilbo Baggins, who lost his life due to this quest. I have seen warriors fall in order for me to bring this to you. You... are the true ruler, and there should never be anyone stopping you from taking the throne.

~Daenerys takes the scroll reverently, studying it herself. She slowly looks up at Vaughn with bright eyes, extremely pleased with this news, even knowing what it cost. She gets up, leaning over him.~

Daenerys Bombadil: You have done me... a tremendous service, Lord Snow. I am greatly in your debt.

~She leans closer, but Vaughn puts out one arm, stopping her.~

Peter Vaughn: Yeah, see, you and I might be related, so let's just...

~Daenerys immediately sits back, looking even more shocked.~

Daenerys Bombadil: You and I?

Peter Vaughn: I don't know for sure, it depends on which author's work took precedence, but it's better not to chance it.

Daenerys Bombadil: I don't understand...

Peter Vaughn: Let's just stick with you being the Queen, and I'm here to help you take back your throne, my lady.

~Daenerys gets up, still very confused. She goes to the tent, then looks back.~

Daenerys Bombadil: You are a very strange man. But thank you for all you've done.

~She departs, leaving Vaughn alone. He looks at his arms, then shrugs his shoulders and starts to get up. He has no time to be laying around, not when there are more battles to finish.~

As satisfying as a victory is, I'm always thinking about the next one.

Sure, I'm planning to crush you, Jimmy, and become the champ here in the XWF, the standard bearer, as it were. I'm focused on destroying you and your legacy, eliminating Apex, yada yada yada...

But I also have to be thinking: who's next? Are they going to give Alias his much deserved rematch finally? Will they bump up Mark Flynn after he got that victory over me thanks to Apex? What about Xavier Lux? He's worthy, although the owners of the XWF don't know him well enough yet, so probably not. There's Charlie Nickels who was really making a big fuss about it, so I suppose he's possible. I think that might cause a meltdown, but it's not like I have any control over it, do I? I have proclaimed that I'm going to be a fighting champion, not backing down from any challenges, so whoever the XWF chooses to throw against me first? I'll meet them head on.

Now, you could say "But Peter, even if you beat me, I deserve a rematch for that title I held." Some would say that's sound logic. I'd say it's a strange comment since you never let Alias have another crack at the gold, but then, you didn't have it long enough for me to hold that against you. So should Jimmy get himself a rematch somewhere down the line?

Sure.

I mean, I can't say I'm a fighting champion and then deny someone the opportunity. I don't want to be a hypocrite.

So let's say once I've held this belt a full calendar year, Jimmy, and once I've taken out everyone who truly deserves a shot at the XWF Universal Title (and trust me, that is a long, long list), maybe you and I can revisit having a rematch. Of course, by then, you may not want to face me, which would be understandable.

But as a fair man, I'll go ahead and put out the offer, anyway. See you next Sunday, Jimmy, and then I'll see you a year from now.

~We come back to utter chaos. The camera has dropped straight into the middle of the biggest battle seen in this country in generations. Horsemen race by, spears at the ready, only to get wiped out by a flying White Witch-King. Archers shoot at him, though, slowing him down. We see ogres and orcs going to war with men, women, and free folk, all fighting as hard as they can to stay alive. In the background, there are massive Oliphaunts stomping across the plains, with dragons flying around them, torching the ground. Giants, living and undead, battle it out in furious combat, inadvertently crushing more than a few soldiers from both sides of the line. It's an incredible war taking place. The camera zooms along, until it finds a confrontation near the center. We see Peter Vaughn, flashing both of his blades, cutting through several wildlings on his way through to the other side. Strider can be seen leaping back and forth behind him, finishing off anyone Vaughn misses. Sam and Tyrion come flying up in a horse-drawn cart, taking shots whenever possible with a pair of crossbows they've obtained. The only one missing is Merry, who opted to head for Gondor to see what he could help with there.~

Samwise Tarly: Mr. Frodo! I got the transportation you wanted!

Peter Vaughn: You've done good, Sam. I've just got one more mission in front of me. We've got to reach the mountain over there.

Samwise Tarly: Mount Doom??

Peter Vaughn: It's the final mission, Sam. We have to make it.

Samwise Tarly: Then everyone get on board!

~Vaughn heads for the cart, ready to leap on board. But he hears a gasp from Sam, which stops him. He turns, glancing behind him. Arya Stark is standing there behind him, just staring at him. She must have just jumped there, judging by her posture. She smiles... then falls forward, collapsing to the ground, the spear sticking out of her back.~

Peter Vaughn: STRIDER!!!!!

~Vaughn runs to Strider's side, with the spear already coming out. He checks on her, but she's in bad shape. He looks up to see a large, armored man stepping out in front of him. The mask is slowly lifted... showing the pale, undead face underneath...~

Peter Vaughn: So... you're the Night King... Saruman...

~Saruman says nothing, other than showing a hideous grin. Vaughn steps up, raising up his blade... and Saruman waves his staff, which immediately sends Vaughn flying away!! Sam rises up, but he, too, is launched a good several feet by Saruman's power. He steps forward, raising his arms over Strider... and Tyrion has the cart charge forward, crashing into him!!! The cart splinters, sending Tyrion crashing to the ground. He rolls away, holding his side where a piece of shrapnel slipped under his armor.~

Tyrion Gimli: Did I... get him?

~He turns to see the rest of the cart disintegrate, as if an explosion went off inside of it. He ducks, avoiding what he can, and then looks back to see a glowing Saruman stepping out of the wreckage.~

Tyrion Gimli: That's not good...

~Saruman reaches out with his staff, and suddenly Tyrion is yanked into the air. He shouts as his armor contracts, starting to crush him inside. He stops struggling, hanging limp, as Saruman lets out a bitter laugh. Vaughn, regaining his balance, comes running back, but Saruman turns and shoots the unmoving Tyrion at him! Vaughn has no time to react, catching Tyrion and flying backwards once again. Saruman lets out a sickly laugh, then steps towards the badly-injured Strider once again... then stops, sensing something. He turns slowly, seeing the woman appearing out of nowhere nearby him.~

Melisandre: It is time we ended this, Saruman. You have let your evil consume you. It must be released!!

~Melisandre lets out a magical blast of her own, knocking Saruman back. Enraged, he meets her charge with one of his own, and for the next minute, the two are exchanging powerful waves of energy back and forth. It is all we could hope for as the incredibly powerful wizard and witch meet for the last time. It is epic. Finally, Melisandre seems to have Saruman on the ropes. She backs the Night King up, launching shot after shot into him. Saruman drops to a knee... then throws his arms up once more, causing a piece of debris to fly from behind, smashing into her!! As Melisandre tries to recover, Saruman rises... and then looks down at the assassin's blade now embedded in his stomach!! He looks up, shocked, as Arya Stark crouches before him, her mouth bloody but her smile... triumphant.~

Arya Stark: What will... YOU say... to the God of Death?

~Saruman has no answer. He blows up, shattering like glass. All around, more exclamations can be heard as the majority of the White Witch-Kings die along with him. Vaughn, bleeding from a few new wounds, stumbles over and manages to catch Arya before she can fall. She looks back at him, still managing to keep a faint smile on her face.~

Peter Vaughn: Strider.... Arya...

Arya Stark: It has... been my pleasure... working with you... Lord Snow...

~As Vaughn holds her, trying to think of what he can do, if there's another path to be taken... Arya Stark passes away.~

Sometimes the hero doesn't make it out alive.

You've always thought of yourself as the good guy, haven't you, Jimmy? No matter what actions you took, despite all the dark, violent acts you were willing to commit, you still see yourself as the hero of this piece. The fans certainly seem to like you more than me, not that it really matters. So maybe I'm not the hero.

Maybe I'm the anti-hero.

I'll be the one who gains the fans who are tired of being bullied, the ones who appreciate someone who fights back against tyranny. I'll be the man who gets things done, whether or not they're praised. Maybe I'll even be the vigilante who takes the steps that no one else will in order to secure justice. The Exiles are a superhuman group, after all. Betsy Granger is the toughest woman I've ever met, a Wonder Woman. Chris Page is the seasoned star whose mind can navigate the maze of complications until it's a simple course to victory. Bam Miller is just getting started on his path to being a Superman of this business. Xavier Lux is already there, a god among men, a force of wrath who can't be stopped.

And me? I'm probably closer to The Punisher, really, because I'm stopping those who would fight to maintain their overinflated supremacy at the top. I'm silencing all who stand against us rising up where we belong.

But don't worry. I won't be bringing a sniper rifle or anything to Fire & Ice.

I won't need it. My hands and feet will do.

You will pay for your arrogance and misdeeds, Jimmy-Boy. You will pay for thinking you and Apex were above the wrestling law. You will pay for EVERY... SINGLE.... TIME... you've laid your hands on my comrades.

And when it's all over, don't bother to try and apologize through your broken jaw. I won't be listening. Because it'll all be over, Jimmy.

All over.

Peter Vaughn: RRRAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

~We return to the action not far from the steps of Mount Doom. Vaughn is seen, ripping his Longclaw sword out of one more foe, sending him toppling over. Vaughn recovers, staggering up the hill, covered in blood. Who can tell how much of it is actually his own? It's been a bloodbath. He continues forward, fighting every step of the way up the mountain, which appears to be close to becoming a volcano the way it's shaking. Above, we can see the tower of the Castle of the Fiery Eye, which almost seems to be looking around the area. Vaughn doesn't care. He continues on his way up, gasping as he goes.~

Peter Vaughn: Bilbo... Boromir... Lady Lysa... Tyrion... Arya... how many more, Martin? How many more???

~An orc soldier can be seen running up from the side, but Vaughn twists and quickly chops him down with two swipes, sending his guts spewing out onto the landscape. After a moment, Vaughn turns and struggles to continue up, but he falls to his knees, his blade stuck in the ground in front of him.~

Peter Vaughn: So... close... got to keep... going... my dream... right there...

~Vaughn fights against gravity itself, managing to rise up once more. He continues up the path, trying to keep enough air in his lungs to power him the final steps. Behind him, though, another Uruk-Hai appears. He knocks Vaughn down from behind, taking him by surprise. He then raises his mace... and falls, a sword sticking through his chest. Samwise is there behind him, staggering forward to grab at Vaughn. He slowly pulls him up.~

Samwise Tarly: I can't carry it for you, Mr. Frodo... but I can carry you!

~Sam helps Vaughn up the rest of the mountain, getting them towards the hidden entrance in the mountain. The landscape itself is bleak, with nature itself seeming to react to the evil held in his place. They stumble inside, seeing the boiling lava below them as they cross a rock bridge. They make it to about the center, with Vaughn looking over the edge at the sight below him.~

Peter Vaughn: ... Cool...

~Sam doesn't seem as thrilled, as he looks around for where they need to go.~

Samwise Tarly: All we need to do is throw that Ring in, Mr. Frodo, and this is all over. Toss it in! Do it!

~Vaughn takes the Ring off his neck, holding it by the chain as he stares at it. He looks towards the lava, then back at the ring.~

Samwise Tarly: What are you waiting for? Destroy it!!

~Vaughn slowly lowers his arm, thinking things through. After a moment, he turns away from Samwise.~

Samwise Tarly: MR. FRODO!!

Peter Vaughn: Sam... we're not alone...

~Vaughn shakily draws Sting out with his free hand, as he looks towards the entrance of the cave. There, standing with a dozen new wounds to go with everything else he's endured... is "The Mountain That Rides" Gollum Gregor Clegane.~

The Mountain: You will... give me... My PRECIOUS!!!

~He steps forward, into the cave, as Vaughn now has to make a choice.~

I'm not really sure what else we have to say to each other, Jimmy.

I've talked about our history. I've detailed your many mistakes over the months we've been feuding. I talked about the way I'm going to tear you to shreds during the Sanitation Street Fight. I've even talked some about the future once I'm champion. In my mind, it's all etched in stone at this point. I'm going to be victorious. You're going to wake up and decide to go and get drunk somewhere, most likely.

I'll be celebrating with champagne, but you can go have whatever moonshine concoction you want for yourself. I don't discriminate.

I could go into my favorite ways of beating you, via the Plunge or my new favorite, The Purge. I wish I had a good submission hold to take you out with. Maybe I can just make you quit by striking you enough times with my barbed-wire broomstick. Hmm, maybe I ought to call it Strider. Although it's more of a Striker, isn't it? Would you tap out if you were bleeding heavily enough? Or would you just pass out? It might be an experiment worth trying.

You think the fans will have any good weapons for me to use? I need some practice with that for a future match. So many possibilities that could be brought to ringside, if security is a little lax. That'd be very entertaining, I think. It'd give the media in attendance more to talk about, and the enjoyment factor could be through the roof.

But then, I'm not there for fun or entertainment. I'm there to get my championship, free my friends from prison, and get out. So no, I'll take you down the fastest way possible and make sure that you can never trouble me again. Or at least, not for a year, as per our previous deal. Wouldn't it be crazy, after all this build-up, if I just rolled you up in a pin within the first 10 seconds and that was that?

Nah, too boring. I'll have to find a balance between the speed and the violence, because I don't want you walking away from this one too easily, Jimmy. Just like you don't want me walking away, either. We're warriors, Jimmy-Boy. And warriors deserve a good bloodshed before they finally fall down.

~The Mountain stomps slowly forward, his giant club already in his hand, ready for rending flesh. It's clearly been used a lot before now, covered in red AND green blood from everyone who's gotten in his way. Vaughn takes him in, then looks at the One Ring in his hands.~

Peter Vaughn: My one chance...

Samwise Tarly: Mr. Frodo...

~Vaughn takes a step towards The Mountain, ready to fight one more time. He then suddenly twists, tossing the One Ring, and its chain, towards Sam. He catches it in mid-air, shocked, as Vaughn turns back to the already yelling Mountain, drawing his other sword.~

Peter Vaughn: Get rid of it, Sam! You're the only one who can! I'll buy you time!

~The Mountain roars, starting to rush forward, but Vaughn is headed right towards him. He blocks the Mountain's first swing with both blades, stopping it in mid-air and shoving it off to the side. Vaughn manages to get a couple of cuts to the side, but The Mountain then swings with his free arm, knocking Vaughn perilously close to going off the bridge. He catches himself and flies back, swinging both blades like a pro, trying to penetrate The Mountain's thick hide. Another cut opens up where Sting lands, but The Mountain ignores it, smashing down on Vaughn's arm in response! Sting clatters away, disappearing over the edge.~

Peter Vaughn: Argh!! Damn it!! I loved that sword!!

~Vaughn uses both feet to kick back at The Mountain, knocking him backwards. Vaughn then does a roll and gets up, running at The Mountain and sliding under his legs, just barely missing getting crushed by the club. He comes up behind The Mountain, leaping up onto him... and landing a version of The Revenged!!! The Mountain is down, hurting, as Vaughn struggles to get back up. He grabs at The Mountain, who throws an elbow into Vaughn's side, knocking the wind from him. He stumbles back, gasping, as The Mountain pulls himself up.~

The Mountain: I will... kill you... I will kill... your children... I will...

~As The Mountain swings his club once more, Vaughn lashes out with his feet once again, catching him in the knee and throwing him off-balance. The club lands to the right of Vaughn, a near miss. Vaughn does a backwards roll, picking up his Longclaw blade as he does so, then shoots himself back forward with a wild yell... impaling The Mountain through the heart!!!! The Mountain slumps to the ground, gurgling from the blade now stuck in him. He still struggles to get up, rising to his feet, as Vaughn yanks the blade back out. Black blood spurts out, as The Mountain staggers.~

The Mountain: But... The...

Peter Vaughn: The Precious... I know... go... join it!!

~Vaughn jumps forward, throwing all his weight into a dropkick that sends The Mountain back a few feet... right off the edge of the bridge!! He plummets, screaming, before hitting the lava with a splat. His eyes are shown for a moment, looking up in wonder, before the fiery heat consumes him. On the other side of the bridge, Sam has finished disposing of the ring. He stumbles back over to Vaughn, who looks exhausted. The two help each other towards the exit, as the volcano begins to erupt all around them. They stumble outside, finding a perch nearby to climb onto.~

Peter Vaughn: I'm... tired, Sam.

Samwise Tarly: But we did it, Peter... we did it...

Peter Vaughn: You... you called me...

~As Vaughn tries to sit up, looking towards Sam, a shadow crosses by overhead. They look up to see Daenerys riding a large dragon, another one of her 'babies'. The dragon nimbly reaches down, picking up both of them and carrying them off, away from the explosive eruption taking place on Mount Doom, as the Castle of the Fiery Eye finally falls.~

~After a few seconds, we see Peter Vaughn, the true Peter Vaughn, begin to get to his feet. He's standing in an all white room with no walls, a true virtual blank slate. He takes a few deep breaths, trying to shake off the fatigue that has to be running through him. Whether it's real or not, the effects are still there when you plug yourself in. He does a circle, checking for somewhere to go, before finally calling out.~

Peter Vaughn: Master Cleaner? Are you there? MASTER CLEANER!

~The echo covers a lot of ground, shaking across the space. After a few more moments, a figure can be seen, now standing behind Vaughn. It is Samwise Tarly. Or is it?~

Samwise Tarly: You've done well, Peter.

Peter Vaughn: So... you were there the whole time? Keeping an eye on me?

~Flashing white lines encircle Samwise, covering him from view for a second. The shape grows, becoming the more known stance of the Master Cleaner. He has a pleased look on his face.~

Master Cleaner: Once I realized you had chosen multiple stories to traverse in, I decided I needed to be closer to the action. Samwise seemed like the best choice.

Peter Vaughn: I'll say, since he was one of the few to survive the experience.

Master Cleaner: It also allowed me to see your every action. It was touch and go for a time on if you'd make it. That Ring was one of the harder tests available. Few would have been able to resist its powerful lure.

Peter Vaughn: Trust me, I felt it. But it's not the kind of power I'm seeking. I am going to be in control of my own destiny, not some power hidden in an antique ring.

Master Cleaner: And yet you also survived the second test, more than anyone else. You resisted the scroll.

Peter Vaughn: The scroll?

~Vaughn looks over at the Master Cleaner, feigning confusion, but he doesn't fool the Master for a minute.~

Master Cleaner: You know full well that what you held was a magical scroll. You could have easily had it proclaim you as the new king of the land, instead of changing it over for Daenerys when she showed.

Peter Vaughn: Eh, she got a really raw deal in that final season of the TV show. I think the books, if they're ever finished, will give her a much better ending, and I decided to do the same.

Master Cleaner: And yet, you've told me yourself that you want to be standing at the top. Technically, that scroll would have done that.

Peter Vaughn: In this virtual world, maybe. But it's not the world I'm looking to conquer. I was barely tempted at all.

~Vaughn grins, not revealing anything about what he might have gone through the first time he read the scroll. Who knows how difficult the decision really was? All that matters is that, in the end, Vaughn still made the right choice. He thinks it over for a second.~

Peter Vaughn: So... I think I had Frankenstein in there as well, didn't I?

Master Cleaner: Yes, you did.

Peter Vaughn: What would that test have been?

Master Cleaner: Simply surviving him.

Peter Vaughn: Yeah... yeah, that makes sense. That Mountain Frankenstein Gollum variation was scary as hell, though, wasn't it?

Master Cleaner: I was terrified, and it wasn't even my life on the line.

~Vaughn laughs, before taking a seat that was just conjured into being. It's unclear if Vaughn did it or the Master Cleaner, but he's now taking a seat opposite Vaughn, neither showing any surprise in any event.~

Peter Vaughn: So what now, Master? I survived your tests.

Master Cleaner: You have earned a seat at the table, Peter. I will arrange it with the rest of the council. You will have access to anything we can deliver.

~Vaughn sits forward, excited at the possibilities. But the Master Cleaner raises his hand to stop him from getting up.~

Master Cleaner: Be forewarned. Being on the council is not a free ride. You will be asked to work for the betterment of all janitors, maintenance workers, mechanics, cleaners, and all others that fall under our umbrella. There is a lot of work to be done.

Peter Vaughn: I understand, and I will do my part. But my wrestling career will still come first for me. I still have a lot of dreams to fulfill.

Master Cleaner: Then let us do our best to get you there to fulfill them, Mr. Vaughn.

~The Master Cleaner reaches out a hand, with Vaughn meeting it with his own. The two shake, with the light suddenly growing brighter and brighter... and suddenly Vaughn wakes up in the real world, gasping, reaching up with shaking fingers to pull off the virtual reality helmet he's been wearing. He sits up, with a custodian quickly moving in to give him a bottle of water. Vaughn takes a few sips, then some more, realizing that he's deathly thirsty. He finishes the bottle, tossing it back to the custodian, who nimbly launches it behind him into the trash can. Vaughn puts his hands on his knees and tries to stand up, almost faltering before the Head Custodian steps in.~

Head Custodian: Careful, Peter! Your mind may think you're ready to run, but your body has been in an almost coma-like state for a long while. You're going to need to take it a little slow for now.

~Vaughn allows the Head Custodian to help him sit back down, as he starts to stretch out his legs one at a time, getting the blood circulating again.~

Peter Vaughn: Message received. I'm in no hurry. I got what I wanted.

Head Custodian: You truly did it? You are on the council?

Peter Vaughn: I have made it, my friend. Everything I've promised... I'm delivering on.

~Another custodian appears, bringing in a load of food for Vaughn to munch on. He's appreciative, having gone through one of the craziest experiences of his life. And this is a man who once fought orangutans on an abandoned island! He begins to eat, not noticing the ring that's now sitting on his right hand, shining in the light. We slowly fade out.~

Let's close this out, Jimmy Boy.

This is the end of this particular story, but it's only the beginning of the legacy of Peter Vaughn. Whenever I finally write my autobiography, this feud might even make a full chapter, so I can give all the details of my triumphs, the birth of the Exiles, the coming of the CCPE, and the fall of Jim Caedus. I'm sure it will be well written, with lots of quotes added in from the wrestlers who lived in. I mean, I'll probably pay someone to write it and say it's me, but that just gives it a better chance of being a best seller.

When I first came to the XWF, a lot of people labeled me just another OCW cast-off, just like you did. You thought I didn't deserve to be in the main event of Fire & Ice with you, or anyone else, for that matter. You believed that I was worthless. And if it hasn't broken through that thick skull of yours yet, Jimmy, I'm afraid you will, indeed, be proven wrong. I will rise up on that turnbuckle, raising both of my championships into the air, with the crowd recognizing that a new force is now at the top of the mountain. The Exiles will join me, maybe some of CCPE as well, and the party will truly be legendary.

It's going to be fantastic, Jimmy. At least for me. For you, I'm sure you'll recover... eventually. But you'll never forget what will happen on Sunday night. It will stay with you the rest of your life: that vision of 'your' gold going to a greater individual, raising it up above you. Shining brightly in the lights, forever separated from you.

The story has been written. It's almost time for us to just read out the tale and put it in the hearts and minds of those watching live and at home.

See you at the end, Jimmy.

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Peter Vaughn's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (01-27-2022), Barney Green (01-30-2022), Corey Smith (01-27-2022), Doctor Louis D'Ville (01-27-2022), Marf (01-28-2022), Mark Flynn (01-27-2022), Raion Kido (01-27-2022), Theo Pryce (01-27-2022)