Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-20-2024, 05:59 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Distractions
Elisha Offline
Don't go down to the woods tonight.

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-02-2013, 11:38 AM

Eric Rex didn't sleep at all last night. His mind was racing. It wasn't one of those moments where he couldn't pinpoint the cause, he absolutely could. For once, he wasn't sure what to do to solve it, that was the problem. It was 2am and he found himself sitting awake in Eli's home in a full-size bed. The smell of the sheets and pillows reminded him of his grandparent's before his father was killed. The room was pitch-black. The sort of darkness you only get in a country home. No orange glow from streetlights peaking in through the windows. The only sounds that could be heard were grasshoppers, a wobbly ceiling fan, and his on breathing. That serenity was broken by Rex dialing Sal Valencia. After a few rings, Sal answers.

Sal: Eric? Everything ok? It's 2 in the morning.

Rex: This whole thing is a distraction.

Sal: What is? What are you talking about.

Rex: I shouldn't be here. I'm wasting time, Sal.

Rex was speaking low to avoid stirring anyone else in the home. Not out of any sort of fear, but just common courtesy.

Sal: Everything's going to be fine, Eric. Just go to sleep.

Rex: The girls are trying to set me up, Sal. I don't know if he told them to and I don't care.

Sal had sat up by this point and was now pacing back and forth in his huge bedroom. The lights from the city outside were sparkling off of crystal tiger head at the head of his bed. He stopped for a moment and glared up at his reflection in the mirror above his bed.

Sal: What makes you think they're setting you up?

Rex: Emma-Lee made a move on me. Conveniently at the perfect time for the other to see it.

Sal: That's not good. You didn't instigate it at all, did you?

Rex: I'm a professional, Sal.

Sal: Right. She is hot, though.

Rex stared ahead into the blackness. Sal walked into his kitchen to scrounge for milk in his refrigerator.

Rex: I should be focused on Witasick.

Sal groans heavily as he pours a glass of milk.

Sal: You got your money back plus way more than you lost, thanks to Eli. Wallace got put through a table. What more could you possibly want?

Rex: Wallace getting put through that table wasn't the payment for the money he stole. That had nothing to do with me.

Sal: You have his daughter. Can you just consider that payment and move on? Sometimes you've just got to cut your losses.

Rex: He doesn't care about Lacey. She's done me nothing but waste even more of my time. I need to regroup. The boss hasn't even contacted us in almost 2 months. Now, it looks like he's actively fighting against my cause.

Sal sits down at his kitchen table. Rex can hear him drinking the milk.

Sal: You mean...

Rex: Not over the phone, Sal.

Both men felt a cold chill come over them.

Sal: Maybe it's time to find a new boss. For now, if you're really feeling weird about it, watch your back. Keep your nose clean, and remember, as far as it goes now...Eli is a friend. He's a partner. He's a force to be reckoned with and if you can keep your head in the game, the two of you can wipe the mat with Nero and Flynn. The real distractions you've got for Wednesday is your own obsession with KnightMask and Wallace. There's no money in tunnel-vision. You should know this better than anyone.

Rex hesitates.

Sal: still there, Elisha?

Rex: What was that?

Sal: You hadn't said anything.

Rex: No, what did you call me?

Sal: ...Eric? You ok, man?

Rex: Eli's my partner. I'm telling him about the girls. We've got to get on the same page for Wednesday.

Sal: Advertisements and all that.

Rex: As always.

Sal: Ok. Well, I'm going back to bed. Later.

Sal hangs up and Rex returns his phone to his nightstand. He sits there surrounded by the sound of the country for another hour, seemingly not even blinking, before lying down to sleep.

[Image: 2b6d4bc0-f04e-46fe-98b2-4584c5178299_zps1fa4586d.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Elisha's post:
(07-02-2013)