Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-30-2024, 12:10 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Built on Respect (VS Alex Shawn RP #4)
Swift Ion Offline
Plagiarism

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

07-02-2013, 07:29 AM

Swift Ion is sitting in his Hotel, thinking about his match tomorrow, with Alex Shawn

“Respect.

It is something that is earned, never taken. Never. Not in a instance has it ever been stolen from someone in the heat of passion.

Everything I’ve ever done in this business, for this business has been about respect in one form or another. Either I was that little punk kid demanding it, going out there night in and night out to make sure everybody knew who I was and what I was about… Or I was going out there like I am now. A battle hardened, bruised to the very core veteran of this industry. I’ve paid my dues. Maybe more than most men ever will. But I’m still standing because I have what few else will ever get… respect.

The boys in the back, when they ask you for advice, it’s this amazing feeling.

You Alex, Alex Shawn the man, not the character who acts like this self-righteous prick… you know what I’m talking about. It’s this amazing feeling, where it’s almost like you’re a this proud father who’s raised these fine, young little pups… and they’re just now going out into the world, proving themselves.

This match isn’t about hype, is it Alex? You said it yourself, it all boils down to respect for us. We’re both playing the roles of a dying breed of men.

But honestly, every guy in the back of any XWF show, they’re doing this because they love it. Because they eat, sleep, breathe this business. They’d die just like we would if we couldn’t do what we’ve always dreamt of doing, what we’ve been doing for all these years.

We can pretend to be these great, mythological figures… some ancient Gods who very few remember… but at the end of the day, when we find ourselves alone in our beds, staring up at the ceiling… we’re both the exactly same.

I’ve had my battles with my better demons. And they’ve won many of those battles. It’s no secret. My addiction to painkillers and my love for alcohol has been well documented. The fact that I lost the one true love of my life because I was trying to be some Superman she never even wanted… it’s all out there in the open.

But we are two men, cut from the same cloth.

We’ve been in this business far too long to wind up dying in a gutter someone, trying to score a fix in some Podunk little town in New England. We are better than this. But what you’re failing to realize, what you’re missing is that… we both mess up. We messed up. Messed up, messed up, messed up. We messed up so badly that this is all we have to choose from, man. You don’t fall from the pedestal, breaking into hundreds of tiny pieces and expect to be put together again in five minutes. We won’t be put back atop that pedestal until we’re absolutely perfect.

That’s my goal. I don’t want the gold. I don’t want the mythology that comes with being a great, a legend of this business.

All I want is a legacy that consists of something more than painkillers, endless bottles of booze, and the ever familiar stench of failure.

What we choose to do with those fleeting moments that are left, that’s what will define us. That’s what will make the difference between our biographies being bestsellers or dusk-collectors.

In this business you earn respect. You maintain your skills, your tone, your health. But the one thing that you can’t pop, inject, drink into yourself… is heart. You’re born with it, and some men just don’t have enough.

When we step into the ring Alex, it isn’t to settle some age-old feud. It isn’t to calm some bad-blood. We’re fighting for respect, each and every night.

But tomorrow, we’re going to finally be able to settle that lingering question that’s followed us from every board meeting to here and now… which one of us just that much better than the other?

I don’t claim to be the best; that’s something you’ve got a handle on.

What I do claim to be is one of the toughest sons of bitches you’ll ever face, and honestly Alex, I’m chomping at the bit to step in the ring with you.

To cut all the bullshit, and push it all aside: I’m looking forward to facing you, and honestly man, it’ll be an honor to finally see how much respect has been beaten into us after all these years as a pro Wrestler."

The camer fades

[Image: Bleacher-Report_logo.jpg]
[Image: ap19.PNG]]

Finisher: Copy and paste!
Edit Hate Post Like Post