Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:41 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Who was December's STAR of the month?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reggie Estrada
16.67%
2 16.67%
Centurion
33.33%
4 33.33%
Thunder Knuckles
25.00%
3 25.00%
Charlie Nickles
0%
0 0%
Mark Flynn
16.67%
2 16.67%
OTHER
8.33%
1 8.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DECEMBER SOTM
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

01-05-2022, 07:01 AM

Hey guys!

Last votes for 2021!

December is always kinda muted - we don't schedule big stuff generally since we know everyone wants family time (including us). One of the Anarchy shows was basically just for fun, and there weren't any huge matches outside of Main v. TK.

We DID have X and TV title matches, Anarchy Title matches, etc. though!

Anyway, here's a short list of Star of the Month nominees... feel free to choose OTHER instead, as always.

Vote and add a comment below! Woo!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
JimCaedus (01-05-2022)
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

01-05-2022, 07:14 AM

Going "OTHER" this month, and not necessarily for someone who performed spectacular in December. Rather someone who performed at the highest level, all year long, and has yet to receive a SOTM honor.

Corey Smith: Tag Champ, TV Champ, SuperCont. Champ, X-Champ, Leap of Faith Winner, War Games Winner, 24/7 Case Holder.

I don't care who you are, that's an incredible resume for anyone in a calendar year.

Looking at the list of SOTM winners this year, it would almost be a crime for Corey not get one of these nods. Even with taking a month or two off this summer, he's been one of the most consistent RPers all year, and consistently performing at the highest level. He could've been Uni champ had he wanted, but opted to tell a better story with Thad instead.

There's my vote.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Dolly Waters's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (01-05-2022), Corey Smith (01-05-2022), JimCaedus (01-05-2022), Marf (01-05-2022)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

01-05-2022, 07:41 AM

Thank you for that Dylan. I'm not gonna lie I spoke with a few folks behind the scenes about not being nominated all year. I certainly don't need the nod, but I kind of rounded out the year wondering who I need to kill to even get considered. Lol. It was a bit of a bummer, but not huge deal. Incidentally I wasn't trying to twist arms to get people to vote for me, but thank you for.doing so. It's truly appreciated.

Pity party aside, I'm not going to vote for myself. I'm gonna vote for TK because of obvious reasons. He shattered the ceiling ane.proved conclusively he can go at above a mid card level. Truly a defining win for him. So he gets my nod.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Corey Smith's post:
Dolly Waters (01-05-2022), JimCaedus (01-05-2022), Marf (01-05-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (01-05-2022)
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

01-05-2022, 07:46 AM

- -you're welcome dude, and it definitely was not an arm twist. I actually spoke to a couple of people about a week before you ever brought that up and I already made up my mind that I would nom you for this month.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month

3x RP Of The Month
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-05-2022, 07:55 AM

For the record, Corey was nominated three times.

Corey is a great asset and one of the best of the best, he just tends to be more long-term consistent versus having one or two really eye-popping months like others tend to do.

And of course, the nominations are only intended as the most obvious choices that we think up to put on the poll, nothing more.

We love Corey!

Hate Post Like Post
JimCaedus (01-05-2022)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

01-05-2022, 08:03 AM

(01-05-2022, 07:41 AM)Corey Smith Said: Thank you for that Dylan. I'm not gonna lie I spoke with a few folks behind the scenes about not being nominated all year.

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=40737

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=40998

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=41255

Here are the three months where you were nominated.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
JimCaedus (01-05-2022)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-05-2022, 08:18 AM

(01-05-2022, 08:03 AM)Theo Pryce Said:
(01-05-2022, 07:41 AM)Corey Smith Said: Thank you for that Dylan. I'm not gonna lie I spoke with a few folks behind the scenes about not being nominated all year.

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=40737

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=40998

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=41255

Here are the three months where you were nominated.

My memory is shit. My bad.

Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

01-05-2022, 08:24 AM

It happens and in fairness, it was the first half of the year and I don't remember a month ago so I get it.

Since it was brought up I'll explain how I look at SOTM and maybe it's wrong to a degree and speaks to the concern here. I see Corey as one of the best we've ever had so we expect him to do well and so when he does it isn't eye opening it's more like another day at the office. As such I can see why it might feel like he can easily get overlooked. When Lane comes to the staff for OTM noms I try to pick people who haven't been nominated recently, or maybe someone new to the fed to show them some love but many times I look for someone or multiple people who exceeded expectations in a big way. It's really hard for a guy like Corey to do that because the expectation is always so high.

There is no real set in stone for criteria for how we nominate people for SOTM or RPOTM. It's very subjective and we try to do the best job we can to recognize the people we feel deserve it but we aren't perfect and that's why the Other option exists.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
JimCaedus (01-05-2022)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-05-2022, 08:28 AM

I honestly thought the last time I got nommed was last year. Chalk it up to the last 2 years being one giant slurry of shit I suppose.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
JimCaedus (01-05-2022)
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

01-05-2022, 08:37 AM

I knew you’d been nominated a few times, I just still think it’s a crime you haven’t gotten the full honor after a year like this one.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month

3x RP Of The Month
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

01-05-2022, 08:45 AM

I voted for myself because I'm a self absorbed prick, but I'm ok with giving the title to Corey for the cumulative effort he put in this year.

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-95-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Centurion's post:
Thunder Knuckles™ (01-06-2022)
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-05-2022, 08:59 AM

I voted for Mark Flynn, since he took me down with a hell of a roleplay and I always respect that (although IC it's ALL APEX'S FAULT lol).

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Peter Vaughn's post:
JimCaedus (01-05-2022), Mark Flynn (01-05-2022)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-05-2022, 09:16 AM

To piggyback on this, I also try to not have the same folks on every time, and I like to try to encourage new people on there etc.

I think Corey probably should have been on the list for September, when he won the SC title off of Thad. I'll pretend that happened because I took October off. Smile

But yeah, we pretty much only look at "what did they do THAT month?" So if we go through the shows and there was only one match of little importance or something, then other people probably get the look instead. Usually folks who win titles or have a great run of matches or were involved in something big are the obvious nods.

(01-05-2022, 08:24 AM)Theo Pryce Said: It happens and in fairness, it was the first half of the year and I don't remember a month ago so I get it.

Since it was brought up I'll explain how I look at SOTM and maybe it's wrong to a degree and speaks to the concern here. I see Corey as one of the best we've ever had so we expect him to do well and so when he does it isn't eye opening it's more like another day at the office. As such I can see why it might feel like he can easily get overlooked. When Lane comes to the staff for OTM noms I try to pick people who haven't been nominated recently, or maybe someone new to the fed to show them some love but many times I look for someone or multiple people who exceeded expectations in a big way. It's really hard for a guy like Corey to do that because the expectation is always so high.

There is no real set in stone for criteria for how we nominate people for SOTM or RPOTM. It's very subjective and we try to do the best job we can to recognize the people we feel deserve it but we aren't perfect and that's why the Other option exists.

Hate Post Like Post
JimCaedus (01-05-2022)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-05-2022, 09:30 AM

(01-05-2022, 09:28 AM)Corey Smith Said:
(01-05-2022, 09:16 AM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: . Usually folks who win titles or have a great run of matches or were involved in something big are the obvious nods.

I'm really not trying to be a dick but Corey won Leap of Faith against stacked as hell competition and made it to the end of War Games with Alias. I was super proud of those.

I rarely toot my own horn here, but I was just so happy with my big wins this year especially after the garbage fire of a year I had in my personal life.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
JimCaedus (01-05-2022)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-05-2022, 10:11 AM

I wasn't saying that as a reason why Corey wasn't nominated. Just as rationale behind how we decide names to put up in general.

Leap of Faith was in May, and you were nominated for May.

War Games was August 1, so yeah I could see having been on that one. Alias was listed that month but probably because he had a nice Uni defense against Page that month too. You lost the X Title to Jimmy that month, so Jimmy probably just got the benefit of recency when we looked at it. September was strong for you with the title win, I already mentioned that September probably should have had you listed. Dolly won August pretty handily and the Bastards took September pretty easily too, so IDK how much it would have mattered.

I will try to keep it more in mind that people are viewing the nominations as more of a recognition than I think of them as.

Personally, I think you know by now that I have always loved your stuff and was a big fan of yours since you first came in. I don't ever intentionally snub you (or anyone) or anything like that, and that I NEVER think I am listing EVERYONE who is a good choice.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Corey Smith (01-05-2022), JimCaedus (01-05-2022), Theo Pryce (01-05-2022)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

01-05-2022, 03:05 PM

I voted for centurion b/c he's a self absorbed prick

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Charlie Nickles's post:
JimCaedus (01-07-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (01-05-2022)
Thunder Knuckles™ Offline
A No Good Bastard

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

01-05-2022, 09:24 PM

So I've been sitting in this thread for a hot minute not knowing who to vote for. I always vote for who makes the biggest splash and with this field, it was pretty hard. Anyway, I went with Mark. Congrats Mark, you won an hour-long internal debate. Beating Peter Vaughn isn't something many people have done recently and you both put out some top-notch stuff. (I know one apiece but they were both really good and I want to see more between you two!)

[Image: brofade.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thunder Knuckles™'s post:
JimCaedus (01-07-2022)
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-05-2022, 10:55 PM

Pretty sure Cent was on every card in December and didn't lose a match.

[Image: Kd641BT.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Doctor Louis D'Ville's post:
JimCaedus (01-07-2022), Mark Flynn (01-06-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (01-06-2022)
Mark Flynn Offline
24/7 Briefcase Holders get their name in GOLD
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

01-06-2022, 07:09 AM

(01-05-2022, 10:55 PM)Doctor Louis DVille Said: Pretty sure Cent was on every card in December and didn't lose a match.

I went to fact check Doc's claim, because I remembered Cent lost one match against NKWC on Warfare this month.

For the record, here's every nominee's record for December and their biggest accomplishment of the month:

Quote:Reggie Estrada: 1-0-1 (Won X-Treme Title)
Mark Flynn: 2-0 (Beat Peter Vaughn)
Thunder Knuckles: 1-0 (1 No Contest) (Beat Robert Main)
Charlie Nickles: 2-0 (1 No Contest) (Remained TV Champ)
Centurion: 5-1 (Remained Anarchy Champ)
Corey Smith: 0-0 (1 No Contest) (Remained SuperContinental Champ)

Holy hell, Cent wrestled SIX matches in December. Which is double the matches the TV Champ had, the guy who is required to have a defense every cycle? And triple the workload of everybody else?

And He *almost*, *very nearly* went undefeated the entire month?

...Fuck. What a workhorse.

Yeah, fine. Major shout-out to TK for having the Match of the Year 2021 in my heart 3 days before the year ended, Shout-out to Corey for a year pulling down every major accolade in the fed, shout-out to Nickles for going undefeated with the second-highest workload of December and hats off to Reggie for grabbing the X-Treme Title...

But FUCK, six matches? During the holidays?!?

I gotta vote Cent.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark Flynn's post:
JimCaedus (01-07-2022), Theo Pryce (01-06-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (01-06-2022)
ALIAS Offline
Space Jesus

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

01-06-2022, 02:26 PM

I tried to vote for multiple people, but alas, twas not to be.

Cent deserves it, and I wanted to rally for Corey too, but it’s probably a hard month to have him nominated for. I ultimately decided to throw some love to Reggie though. Did you guys know this is the second year in a row that Reggie has rung in the New Year as Xtreme Champ? I just find that kind of neat.

Do you have a light?

[Image: 7qdASxF.jpg]
(Banner courtesy of Atara Themis)
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like ALIAS's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (01-06-2022), JimCaedus (01-07-2022), Theo Pryce (01-06-2022)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-06-2022, 02:27 PM

That IS neat!

Hate Post Like Post
JimCaedus (01-07-2022)