Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-16-2024, 07:26 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YEAR-END AWARDS 2021
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

01-03-2022, 08:03 AM

Hey folks!

So, I went and checked the polls I posted in December and these are the final results for those questions.

Well done to everyone involved, from the RPs to the match makers to the show results... we had a fantastic year and we're gonna do our best to make 2022 even bigger.

There were a lot of things that made 2021 a HUGE year for us. The podcasts, the announcement of a new Madmess brand, returning talents like Dolly Waters and Jim Caedus, amazing storytelling like Page v. Main, cool ideas like the audio-only shove-it... and I want to just thank EVERYONE for being along for the ride!

Anyway, here are the official results:

2021 PPV of the Year:

Winner: Relentless Noir - I'm glad this won, it was definitely my favorite. Probably a little cliche for our "WrestleMania" to be the best show, but whatever.

Runners Up: Leap of Faith, War Games, Bad Medicine - Probably a little bit of recency bias here, but that's to be expected. Now to start 2022 off strong with Fire & NIce!

2021 Match of the Year:

Winner: X-Treme Title Defense - Audio Shove It (Caedus v. Bourbon)

With so many great choices, a lot of options got a couple votes. This is the only one that got more than two, and I think it's for good reason. What a fun idea this was, and Jimmy and Rob both knocked it out of the park! We'll be revisiting this concept again for sure.

2021 RP of the Year:

Winner:"Void Of The Mind" - Nefarious Ned Kaye

Man, everyone loved this RP! I remember when it first dropped and everyone was just mind boggled by the work Ned put in. This was a really excellent choice and a fun, unique way to RP. I only remember one other person making a game for an RP... and it was me! So you know I loved it.

Miss Fury's awesome comic book and Jim's podcast RP both were close seconds, because DUH, they were both awesome.

Congrats Ned! we love you, you cuck.

2021 Star of the Year:

Winner: Alias

Well of course. No one had a year like Alias. One of the most dominant performances I've ever seen. The guy just doesn't lose! I also think he is the ONLY guy to ever beat Doc twice. That's amazing. The X Title run transitioned right into the Uni run, and it was just huge win after huge win. Alias took this place by storm and it was awesome.

This was a blowout vote, with second place going to Them Bastards... but they were behind Alias by TEN votes!

Thanks for the votes, people. Keep your eyes peeled for another 365 days worth of action that never slows down!*

* action may occasionally slow down

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 10 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
ALIAS (01-03-2022), Charlie Nickles (01-03-2022), Dolly Waters (01-03-2022), JimCaedus (01-03-2022), Marf (01-03-2022), Mark Flynn (01-03-2022), Ned Kaye (01-03-2022), Ruby (01-03-2022), Theo Pryce (01-03-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (01-03-2022)