Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 04:54 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: What was 2021's BEST PPV?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Snow Job
5.88%
1 5.88%
March Madness III
11.76%
2 11.76%
War Games
17.65%
3 17.65%
Leap of Faith
17.65%
3 17.65%
Relentless Noir
29.41%
5 29.41%
Bad Medicine
17.65%
3 17.65%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best PPV of 2021
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-16-2021, 03:54 PM

Screw it, why not?

I love hearing what you all think of the product. You know the staff really try to come up with the most fun and unique ideas when it comes to major shows - we really like there to be some extra meaning and gravitas to end the cycle. It's why we don't cram one into every month. We want time to build things up and make them matter more.

We all get our ideas in there, you can always tell when goofy shit is involved that I probably suggested it. Like fake moon shows!

We had six outstanding "megashow" events in 2021. All of them had a big time feel, a theme that set them apart from everything else, major matches that opened or closed feuds and storylines... plus some fantastic buildup to each one. We tried to reflect the work you all did as roleplayers when we put the results together, and I hope we hit the mark.

But which one did it best?

Snow Job in January? From Lambeau Field, this one showcased Chris Page winning his Universal Title after a decade-plus of chasing it, versus Thaddeus Duke.

March Madness? The third installment of a new standard, live from Las Vegas, culminated in a new King of the XWF being crowned in Doc D'Ville.

Leap of Faith in May? This one came from the FRICKIN' MOON! We got a new Mr. 24/7 in Corey Smith, a Universal Title match main event with Chris Page against Robert Main... and DEAN ROSE was on the show! Oh and of course that tiny little Alias cash-in thing.

War Games in August? This came from Woodstock and was themed like a music festival. Really fun concept that we all loved backstage. The team selection process on the podcast was fantastic. The main event with all the survivors of the WG teams was epic. Corey Smith and Alias proved their mettle by essentially defeating everyone in one night. Awesome.

Relentless (1,2,3) in September? Relentless is always insane with its 3-day format, and this time around we added some Noir flavor to it as well in a gritty Chicago setting. This was a stellar show that had THREE awesome main events. TNGB vs. Betsy & Lycana, Jim Caedus vs. Dolly Waters, and Alias vs. Doc D'Ville. This show really showed off us at our best, IMO, because the whole staff really dug in and did some good work here and nailed it.

Bad Medicine in November? Probably the closest we came to a "normal" PPV, Bad Medicine came to you from Brooklyn and brought in friends from outside the XWF to really jump into the action head first. It even had a colossal "pre-show" match you can check out HERE. New X Champion, New Tag Champs, New TV Champ, and a new Uni champ, as Jim Caedus closed out the big show year by ending Alias' monstrous reign. Also there was a Kennel from Hell match which was awesome and fuck you guys for hating it.

And that's it!

Cast your vote, folks! Tell me you love me!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
JimCaedus (12-16-2021), Schism (12-16-2021)
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Offline
EOL15072023

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

12-16-2021, 04:07 PM

It was down to Bad Medicine or The Moon Show for me. Maybe it's just the later being fresher on the mind, but I went with BM. It was a solid show top to bottom and the Caedus cash in feels like start of a new Era with a stacked main event scene.

[Image: MOSHED-2023-6-19-16-15-56.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like (Gravy_Xtreme_5000)'s post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-16-2021), JimCaedus (12-17-2021), Schism (12-16-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (12-16-2021)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

12-16-2021, 04:27 PM

I went with March Madness because of the tie-in to college sports & the fun tournament. Also, Dean Rose was on that show.

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Charlie Nickles's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-16-2021), JimCaedus (12-16-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (12-16-2021)
Thunder Knuckles™ Offline
A No Good Bastard

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-16-2021, 05:29 PM

I have a soft spot for Relentless. Its a three day event that has proven to be the biggest show we have. Three main events worthy of this nomination.

[Image: newtngb.png?ex=661f68da&is=660cf3da&hm=6...9be1b4b4b&]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Thunder Knuckles™'s post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-16-2021), JimCaedus (12-16-2021), Schism (12-16-2021)
JimCaedus Offline
Trash Talker Skywalker

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

12-16-2021, 06:00 PM

Among the four PPVs I was around for, Relentless was definitely my favorite. The RP work was amazing across the cycle, for one thing, inspired by the theme which everyone seemed to have a lotta fun with and was a great choice by the GMs. Secondly the results were stellar (the same can be said about all the PPVs honestly) and as hard as everyone involved with results works, I can only imagine this must have naturally been three times the work (thank you to all the match writers and GMs in general btw, for putting on the shows card after card). Third, while it didn't pan out as we all would've hoped, it also served the OCW vs XWF storyline that was gearing up. And while, again, that didn't pan out, what did come of it was a new group of talent joining the XWFamily 💙 and that's the shit. My vote, Relentless.

[Image: chM1Ri0.gif]

[Image: pz4P3Ut.png]
Shout out to Gator/Noah Jackson for this kickass banner

[Image: aFZyFWU.jpg]

~XWF ALL TIME TOP 50 - #6!!!! <3
~Efed Podcast Top 100 - #74 w/no Twitter (all credit to you, fam, 🙏 <3)
~XWF UNIVERSAL CHAMPION - 2x
~XWF XTREME CHAMPION - 2x
~XWF TAG TEAM CHAMPION w/Chaos then Engy, w/APEX x2 - 3x 
~XWF 24/7 Briefcase - 3x
~XWF Trio Tag Champion w/Ax3 - 1x
~XWF Television Champion - 1x (undefeated)
~XWF Federweight Champion - 2x
~XWF Triple Title Holder - 1x (TV, Federweight & 24/7 case)
~XWF Double Title Holder - 5x (TV/Fedr, Uni/Trio, Tag/24/7, X/24/7 & Uni/Tag)
~XWF 2017 Lethal Lottery IV Tournament winner!!
~XWF 2017 Leap of Faith Rafter Match winner!!
~XWF 2017 2nd Annual Doc D'Ville Shove-It Rumble Co-Winner w/Chaos!!
~XWF 2017 War Games Co-Winner with Rob Main & Drew Archyle as APEX!!
~XWF Feb. 2017 J. Federweight Scramble Winner!!
~XWF January 2017 RP of the Month!! - "Like a Moth to the Flame"
~XWF February 2017 Star of the Month!!
~XWF March 2017 3-Way Star of the Month!!
~XWF September 2017 RP of the Month!! - "Lions & Tigers & Caedus, Oh Shit"
~XWF July 2021 QOTM!! - line from "Took It All"
~XWF October 2021 RP of the Month!! - "This Just In" audio
~XWF November 2021 Star of the Month!! (3rd time!!!!!!)
~XWF Match of the Year 2021 w/Bourbsy!! - X-Treme, Flynn's Audio Shove-It

---Love Me, Like Me, Hate Me. No Worries---

Gator's Archive💙
[Image: KlXZwFe.png]
In Loving Memory of Captain Dick Powers

Gravy's Archive💙
[Image: YSqFoQ7.jpg]
[Image: oqNqgFo.jpg]
Shout out to Gravy for these kickass banners

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like JimCaedus's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-16-2021), Schism (12-16-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (12-16-2021)
ALIAS Offline
Space Jesus

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

12-17-2021, 03:49 AM

Went with Leap of Faith, though I'll admit I have a bit of a bias on that front given how it ended. I just think that there were a lot of significant events that happened on that show, even beyond my cash-in:
- Chris Page and Robert Main finally meeting in the ring, a significant milestone in one of the biggest stories of the year
- Lycana winning the X-Treme Title
- Miss Fury vs. Ruby - like Page and Main, I felt this was a big-time match from a big-time story that really drove the direction of Anarchy for much of the year
- Thaddeus Duke winning the Hart Title
- Betsy Granger vs. Atara Themis - SO much build to this match, and the two of them killed it (my favourite match on the show)
- DAT LEAP OF FAITH MATCH (the in-ring return of Jim Caedus dropping a fucking nuke on his re-entrance; Corey, Doc, Jim, Chaos, Charlie, and Oswald (who stepped up BIG TIME) all swinging for the fences; Mick Foley shoot turning up in an rp)

Oh, and it took place on the freaking moon!

Great, great show.

Do you have a light?

[Image: 7qdASxF.jpg]
(Banner courtesy of Atara Themis)
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like ALIAS's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-17-2021), Atara Raven (12-22-2021), JimCaedus (12-17-2021), Schism (12-17-2021)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-17-2021, 04:14 AM

I picked War Games for mostly selfish reasons. I'm so proud of my team, they were utterly awesome. Even Morbid, who agreed to circle back for the finale. The amount of passion and energy displayed made my role is captain so, so easy. So I'm voting War Games for those guys.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Corey Smith's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-17-2021), JimCaedus (12-17-2021), Schism (12-17-2021)
Schism Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

12-17-2021, 06:19 AM

Also WarGames for me, some bias there probably but to have 6 full teams and pretty much everyone showing out was very special.

Those 2am nights of cursing Charlie out in voxx, they’re near and dear to my heart. Got to work with Robert and Marf, it was just a great time overall- and the results were 🔥
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Schism's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-17-2021), JimCaedus (12-17-2021)
Mark Flynn Offline
24/7 Briefcase Holders get their name in GOLD
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

12-17-2021, 07:35 AM

I didn't get to experience SnowJob and March Madness the day they came out because I wasn't here.

Relentless was great as was Leap of Faith, but my two favorites were Bad Medicine and WarGames.

I like the vibe that there's a larger story carrying from match to match, instead of the matches taking place in a pocket universe, the ring gets cleaned up, onto the next one.

WarGames does this by design, because the entire event is based on everyone's work output. But Bad Medicine had to become this, because of the excellent segment work between APEX and The Exiles, starting with APEX winning the tag titles, then the Exiles attacking Jim so Bam would steal the win for the X-Treme, then stealing the briefcase, culminating in the Vaughn stolen cash-in on Alias, FOLLOWED BY the real cash-in of Jim on Alias. The thing took on a larger narrative because of just how much everything tied together.

Haha, I started writing this post to explain why I was voting for WarGames, because it had the start of or contributed to so many future stories of the year, (Betsy vs BoB, Corey vs Thad, Dock vs Alias, Flynn vs Thad, Dolly vs Jim, Charlie vs Dick Powers).

...But, after writing about it, I think I talked myself into Bad Medicine. The whole night was really, REALLY good. Star-Making night for Jim Caedus, immediately set him up at the top of the card, which sometimes a cash-in just starts a timer for like "Okay, how long will this last before the title is back where it belongs", but narratively, set Jim up as a guy who could pull double-duty and take both division's top-titles in one night.

...Yeah, in another real tight race for me personally, I'm going Bad Medicine.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark Flynn's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-17-2021), JimCaedus (12-17-2021)