Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 07:39 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » Character Development RPs
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stranger In A Strange Land
Jay Omega Offline
Galactic Gladiator

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

12-15-2021, 09:22 AM

==============================
"He who fights and runs away, may live to fight another day. But he who is battle slain, can never rise to fight again."
-Oliver Goldsmith
EARTH BL34K
Luchadrone "Breeding Camp" #1184, Mainland China
11/12/2021, 0548 Hrs, Local Time
~Sprinting as fast as his ruined body would allow, the spacefaring, reality hopping, occasional hero for hire known as The Omega Man, Jay Omega barely made it to the young girl's side before Luchadrones began raining from the sky. Jay deftly scooped the child up with one arm while taking aim with the Tesla Caster Mk.3 clutched in the other hand, and put a three round burst of .45 ACP small arms fire through the faceplate of a falling monstrosity; the bioengineered warrior's controlled descent became a freefall, and the corpse became a shattered mess of bloody armor as it hit the ground with a squishy thud. Clearly in shock, the girl barely reacted to the visceral display, or the rough manner in which Omega threw her over his shoulder as he lumbered toward the safety of Nikola Tesla's starship-grade energy shield.

As The Omega Man approached, Nikola watched in horror as a well-placed shot took out a support beam that was haphazardly propping a crumbling section of ruined stone wall up at a precarious angle, just as Jay passed by. Events seemed to unfold in slow motion, and Tesla was powerless to prevent his benefactor and the child from being buried under the falling debris. The last two Resistance soldiers pulled the girl's hysterical mother into the escape tunnel, and Nikola let his shield revert to its normal configuration as he rushed to where Omega lay entombed. A cascade of concussive rounds battered against Nikola's shield to no avail, the energy barrier was far too effective in its concentrated form; Tesla was quite safe from anything short of orbital bombardment. The same could not be said for his friend, but the mad scientist shoved away any thoughts of tragedy and began clearing the stones as quickly as he could.

Heedless of the advancing horde, Nikola worked ceaselessly to exhume his benefactor, pausing only once to release some self-replicating nanites into the remaining stonework beside him in preparation for what was to come; the formation of his armor and weaponry would require raw materials, and he had no need to be conservative here. Tesla finally managed to dig out Jay and the girl, the engineer's heart wrenching at the sight of the bloody mess atop the innocent child's broken neck. Omega managed to open one bloodshot eye and struggled to focus.

"Sorry, Nicky," The Omega Man mumbled through gritted teeth, a rivulet of blood leaking from the corner of his mouth, "I don't… I don't think I can finish this fight. Don't… don't waste any m-m-more time; g-get out of here and use the… use the Cue Em T-tee Ess to get home. Tell… tell Tasha I--" Tesla raised a forestalling hand and gave Jay a disapproving frown, then continued clearing the rubble from Omega's chest.

"Do cease your caterwauling, you magnificently melodramatic buffoon." Nikola's tone, while still brusque, was softened enough to take the sting out of his words, "That wondrous coat of yours has emergency medical protocols, which are likely activating as we speak. However, you still need time to stabilize, and this unfortunate child demands vengeance; so please excuse me while I see to our guests."

Dusting off his hands, the mad scientist stood to face the assembled squad of heavily armed, faceless, man-shaped mixtures of forbidden sciences and dark magicks, the largest of which was nearly eight feet tall and more than a thousand pounds of armored muscle. A few commands quickly keyed into the Wearable Espionage and Information Retrieval Device integrated into the sleeve of his lab coat activated the nanites in a swarm around him, and a moment later a quarterstaff appeared in his hand.

"Detestable abominations!" The engineer's shout created a lull among the soldiers; they weren't used to their foes talking back, "I find your very existence abhorrent, and I shall restrain myself no longer! Today, what souls you might possess go to meet whatever horror created you; when you arrive, you may tell him that your innards spill at his feet because you were foolish enough to rouse the unbridled fury of Nikola! Fucking! TESLA!!!"

The mad scientist rapped the butt of his staff against the ground, emitting a stream of charged ions into the atmosphere, which in turn called down a bolt of lightning from a clear sky. Now sheathed in coruscating silver-blue electric armor, Nikola rose a few inches off the ground as the repulsors in his boots came online; the air around him rippling as his personal Alcubierre bubble warped the fabric of space and time. Ol' Nicky was about to unleash Hell, and Jay Omega - curse his luck - was going to miss the action thanks to the sedatives coursing through his bloodstream. Jay remained conscious long enough to see Tesla throw a bolt of superheated plasma at the nearest Luchadrone, vaporizing the thing in a blue-white flare that left a cloud of black smoke and a small pile of ash in its wake. Nikola charged into the fray, and Omega passed out.~

"Random chance was not a sufficient explanation of the Universe."
-Robert A. Heinlein

EARTH XWF99
Two Miles Outside Ningkang Town, Guangxi Province, China
11/12/2021, 0718 Hrs, Local Time
~A soft breeze tousled the denuded shrubbery at the edge of the clearing, winter's chill finger touching lightly in the air; the surrounding forest went quiet as an icy gust rippled outward from the circle of sparse grass. For the moment between a heartbeat, a cuboid of vantablack occupied a 9'x9'x9' space; vanishing with a chest-reverberating PHOOMF of displaced atmospheres mixing. Where the clearing had been devoid of life a second ago, now two men stood upright in the center of a square scorched into the earth; one wholly supported by the other, and he was clearly bone weary. Lowering his injured companion to the ground in a less than gentle manner, the slighter of the two took a small cylinder from within his gore-smeared lab coat and tossed it a few feet away, ensuring the beacon fully deployed before he too collapsed.

After a few minutes, the sounds of wildlife joined the soft, rhythmic beeping of the automated omnispectrum beacon as it searched across infinite realities for the receiver it was paired with via quantum entanglement. The two humans who had suddenly appeared were of no further disruption, and so the nearby animals resumed their various pre-winter activities. The minutes stretched on as the unconscious duo recuperated in the sun dappled glade, nearing half an hour before the beacon's regular beep changed to a repeating trio of chimes; chimes which went unheard at first, and somehow took on a more insistent tone after a dozen cycles. A soft groan escaped his lips, and Nikola Tesla pushed through his exhaustion long enough to tap a few keys on the touchscreen in his coat's left forearm.

"Yes, Miss Erin, I'm here," the semi-conscious scientist stated, "A little worse for wear, I should say, though I'm certainly in better condition than Master Omega. Please initiate a metaspatial transmedium jump as soon as possible."

The beacon pinged in acknowledgement, then went silent. A handful of seconds later, a deep thrumming sound - just this side of being audible - permeated the clearing; some unseen force causing even the trees to bend and bow outward. A scant 50 feet above the clearing there was an antiflash of nothingness, and for the briefest of moments there hung a light-eating void more than 400 feet long, 300 feet wide, and 100 feet tall. As quickly as it had appeared, the void was suddenly occupied by a battle-scarred starship, its arrival heralded with an enormous BOOM as the small bubble of vacuum brought with the vessel was abruptly filled with the circumambient air; the trees enclosing the clearing whipping inward with such force that two broke and fell to the ground with a pair of great THUDs that seemed like whispers in comparison.

Tesla watched as the ship descended, the rear cargo ramp already beginning to lower, and waved to the lovely lavender lady standing in the aperture before letting his head slump back against the cold ground. It wasn’t long at all before the eccentric engineer and his equally erratic employer were safely ensconced in the sick bay, the advanced medical technology rapidly repairing Jay Omega's extensive injuries. The mission had been a success, and the information gleaned had led the crew of the Khybaris to this world. There would be time enough to analyze the rest of the data gathered during that near-disastrous raid, but for now, all Nikola needed to do was rest while the medical facilities aboard the ship finished their work. Though he was loathe to just do nothing, Tesla admitted to himself that a nap did seem quite appealing, and allowed himself to drift off to sleep.~

---------------

THE DANKTUARY
41 Daphne, Kuiper Belt, Sol System
11/12/2021, 0922 Hrs, Shipboard Time
~"The fuck is that supposed to mean?" Jay Omega asked as he paced the length of the Khybaris's bridge, scrubbing at his head in mingled frustration and confusion. "No points of contact? Like, are names wildly different? People just not picking up? Comm frequency mismatch? What the dilly, yo?"

"Nothing like that," The screen at the front of the room flickered from an external view of the long abandoned bunker they were docked in, to the head and shoulders of a woman composed entirely of scrolling lines of computer code in shades of blue and purple. Erin shook her head, and a series of charts, graphs, and webpages filled the negative spaces over her shoulders. "I've done intensive searches on all known aliases and possible variations while simultaneously running biometric information through various world government databases, and I've gotten no hits at all; this is much bigger than all your friends ignoring your calls again."

“If I may,” Tesla interjected, drawing Omega’s gaze his way, “I’ve been investigating the unusual circumstances around our arrival, specifically the lack of a reality-altering Wave. I recalibrated one of the sensor suites to scan for a genetic signature similar enough to yours to be this world’s Jay Omega, and I have also found nothing. I’m not given to games of chance, but I would wager that no version of Jay Omega has ever existed in this universe. Nor, it would seem, have any of your allies, enemies, or anyone you have ever had any meaningful interaction with.”

“Seems like a pretty good reason for Timastenzi to be so secretive about his interest,” Omega mused aloud, rubbing his chin in thought, “I’m sure this world has its own defenders, but let’s be real; they ain’t me. I don’t think it’s a coincidence those Luchadrones had this data cache under such heavy guard, and my Omega Sense is tinglin’ something fierce; Erin's right, this is bigger than it looks at first glance, so we need to cast a wider net. Expand the search parameters to include anyone even tangentially connected to past associates and activities."

"I anticipated that would be your response," Tesla said with a small smile, "So I took the liberty of conducting such a search and turned up a single possibility, a fellow by the name of Robert 'The Omega' Main."

"Bangarang, way to take initiative, Nicky!" Jay said with a thumbs up for the Serbian scientist.

"Don't call me 'Nicky'; it smacks of poverty." came the man's surly reply, the complaint falling on deaf ears as it typically did.

"Erin, pull up everything you can find on this Rob Main dude and--"

"Done. I've sent the bulk of the information to your W.E.I.R.D., but there is something I think you'll find interesting; it seems Robert Main is one half of the XWF Tag Team Champions." Omega's spine stiffened, and he slowly turned to face Erin's digital avatar with an inscrutable expression.

"Why am I not surprised? One way or another, it always comes back to wrestling." A moment passed in silence as Jay plotted out his next move, then he nodded decisively. "All right, Erin, get me an XWF contract; nothing flashy, we want to try to stay under the radar as long as possible. Clearly this guy's a bit too high up the ladder to care about being heckled by new blood, and I don't want to draw undue attention by calling out big names right away anyhow. See if you can finagle me into the tag division; I'll work my way up quietly while the rest of y'all sift through the rest of the info we jacked from that fuckin' horror show, and we'll compare notes again when we've got more to work with." His orders given, Omega turned on his heel and strode toward the bridge exit leading to the cargo bay which housed the Quantum Micro Tunnel Stabilizer

"Hold on, how am I supposed to set you up for a run at these titles if you don't have a partner, or even any prospective allies?" Erin queried, prompting Jay to look back over his shoulder with an impish smile.

"Oh, I'll have a partner. Or did you forget that I'm a one man army?" Omega winked, and stepped out into the corridor, already remotely keying coordinates into the Stabilizer's transition sequencer.~

---------------

THE OMEGA CONCLAVE
The Fortress of Ball-itude, Pandimensional Nexus Point
00/00/0000, Local Time Nonexistent
~"I know it's not a lot to go on, but that's why I think it's worth further investigation; as we all know, the Omega Sense is often vague, but it's never wrong. To that end, I intend to pursue the XWF Tag Team Championships," the statement created a small buzz of conversation, and Jay Omega swept his gaze across the small gathering of his multiversal contemporaries, trying to gauge which would be best suited for the unusual request he was about to make; his track record with tag teams had been rather dismal in the past, due to so few people being able to match well with his unorthodox style. So if teaming with other people was the problem… "Since this world has no representative to the Conclave, the Omega Sanction is not in effect; as such, I formally request the aid of a second Jay Omega in this task."

The assembly broke into vocal bedlam, with some voices volunteering for the assignment, while others decried the calamity such a foolish move was sure to induce. The arguing began to get heated, when the Conclave chose to settle matters in the same fashion they always did when such polarizing plans were proposed; each side chose a champion and the two men had a fistfight, with the winner determining the course of action. Several wagers were levied before the fight began, and the spectators raucously cheered their preferred combatant as the fists started flying. As was typical of these fights, the action was fast paced and brutal, with victory being just as much a matter of luck as it was skill. When the dust had settled and the victor had helped the loser back to his feet, the decision was made; the request would be granted, but with a few conditions. There had been more than a few volunteers, so it was decreed they would rotate on a match by match basis. To avoid any sense of favoritism, the XWF fanbase would be given the chance to vote for Omega's partner, choosing from a rotating selection. Finally, Jay was not allowed to veto his chosen partner, even if it were a detrimental one.

Graciously accepting these conditions, Earth's most puissant warrior thanked the various other Omegas, and returned to his ship. There were still some logistical details to sort out regarding his contract and the voting process, but he would get to them later; for now he just wanted to enjoy a fat blunt with his alien wife and their human girlfriend. As he traveled from the cargo bay to his quarters, Jay contemplated alternatives to "girlfriend", as Evelyn "Darkmaw" Nakamura had become a far more important part of the throuple's relationship than the word implied; ah, the difficulties of interspecies polyamory. Perhaps inamorata? No, that made it seem like purely a physical relationship, and didn't convey the depth of emotion the three of them felt. Truly, there was no real reason to consider Evelyn any less a part of the marriage than Tasha, so the only logical thing to do was make it official. Omega was fairly sure the exiled princess would be on board, but it was still best to run it by her, rather than force her into a commitment she might not want.

As Jay swiped his hand through the bioscanner outside his quarters, all thoughts of getting stoned or hitched fled from his mind in favor of more prurient ideas; it seemed the ladies had found a few moments in which to entertain themselves, and were currently rumpling the bedsheets in a writhing knot of tangled limbs. Evelyn raised her head from the lavender flesh it was buried in, her face glistening with a mixture of bodily fluids and a singular hunger in her eyes. She beckoned to him with a slim hand, then lightly traced that hand along the thigh in front of her which produced a pleasured moan from the other end of the bed. Evelyn's grip tightened and her face disappeared again, eliciting a gasp from the purple-skinned woman. Omega shucked his shirt as he entered the room, quickly deciding he could tell the women about the XWF later. After all, he thought to himself as he began to unbuckle his gun belt, they were going to be here for a while.~

Official List of XWF Achievements and Accomplishments

I ain't done shit.

Yet.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Jay Omega's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-15-2021), Corey Smith (12-15-2021), Cyrus Braddock (12-15-2021), Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-16-2021), JimCaedus (12-15-2021), Morbid Angel (12-15-2021), Theo Pryce (12-15-2021), Tommy Wish (12-15-2021)