Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:53 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Old Connections, New Suspicions
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

12-14-2021, 11:59 AM

The Road So Far:

Re(Building) Myself Up

Family Ties P1

Family Ties P2

~ The picture opens up on a shot of a flying saucer. No, it's not aliens, at least not this time. The bowl appears to be moving in slow motion, spinning, already in the grasp of gravity as it heads for the ground. Lettuce, spinach, carrots, and other elements spill out of the bowl, flying through the air as if escaping the sinking ship. The camera slowly zooms away from the bowl, as Peter Vaughn's voice begins to be heard.~

Peter Vaughn: I've known Jonathan Barrows for a long time. I met him when I first began working at the GCWA, where his father, The Accelerator, was in charge. Barrows would later become a star wrestler in his own right, wearing a mask and competing without the boost of his father's name. That might have been a mistake, as Jonathan never achieved the success of his father.

~As the bowl crashes into the ground, we are now able to see Peter Vaughn in mid-slow-motion leap over a small fence. Behind him, standing up from the table, is a concerned-looking Jonathan Barrows. He appears to be yelling something to Vaughn, but Vaughn isn't listening, concerned only with what's happening down the street.~

Peter Vaughn: Later, Jonathan took over the GCWA for a time, trying to make it the best organization on the planet. Well, he struggled there, too, with his sister eventually stealing the company from him. But I never forgot Barrows' persistence at trying to reach his goals, no matter what he had to do to get there. I guess Jonathan saw the same in me, because in OCW, he took me on as his client, vowing to make me better, and showing that he would take any shortcuts to get there. And I suffered. Boy, did I suffer.~

~Vaughn is running down the street now, as the speed has started to increase in the visual before us. A shadowy sound of gunshots can be heard, but Vaughn's pace doesn't slow. He looks determined to get there in time, even if there's no chance he can make it.~

Peter Vaughn: Jonathan Barrows made me the man I am today. He made me a World Champion. He brought me to the XWF. He got me a future International Title shot. I owe him everything. And yet, at this point, his motives are unclear. To save me... he betrayed my brother. .~

~As Vaughn approaches the building in front of him, the camera turns, showing us a car peeling away from the scene, with someone's feet seen in the back window, kicking frantically. Vaughn comes to a stumbling halt, knowing he can't catch them. He yells out, before turning to the downed security guard and dropping to a knee next to him. The guard is gasping from the wound, as Vaughn glares towards the departing car, knowing that his brother is gone.~

Peter Vaughn: How do you trust someone after that?

~We cut to thirty minutes later. We know this, because it says it on the screen:~

[Image: 30minuteslater.png]

~The ambulance for the security guard has come and gone. Police have cordoned off the area, taking in all the evidence they can find. There's not a lot, other than the varied descriptions from the group of witnesses who saw the abduction take place. Of course, most have misidentified the vehicle, giving it the wrong make or color. People always remember things strangely when it comes to incidents like this, because they were more concerned with their own safety rather than taking in specific details. One police officer makes his way over to where Peter Vaughn is standing, a brooding look on his face.~

Police Officer: Excuse me, Mr...

Peter Vaughn: Welsh. Marcus Welsh.

Police Officer: Right, Mr. Welsh. I wanted to thank you again for helping Mr. Clarkson with his wound. From what the medics said, you patched him up beautifully.

Peter Vaughn: It's a skill I have.

Police Officer: I do need to warn you, though: next time, please don't clean up the bloodstains. We don't think they would have revealed any evidence, but you never know for sure.

Peter Vaughn: Sorry, I didn't mean anything by it. Blood sets in quickly and will leave a permanent mark if you don't cleanse it quickly. So is there anything else you need from me?

Police Officer: No, we've got your description of the car. Very good details, by the way. I think we have everything we need. But we may need to contact you again, so please be prepared.

Peter Vaughn: Okay, but I warn you, I'm not currently accepting applications at this time.

Police Officer: ... What?

Peter Vaughn: A poor joke. You know where to reach me.

~Vaughn walks away from the confused police officer, heading off to the side, where an impatient Jonathan Barrows is waiting. Barrow's limo is just now pulling up behind him, having worked its way around the crime scene. Barrows steps forward as Vaughn approaches him.~

Jonathan Barrows: Everything good with the police?

~Vaughn doesn't say a word, instead slamming Barrows back against the limo with a forearm, pinning him there. He glares at Barrows, who looks rightfully nervous.~

Peter Vaughn: Why'd you do it, Jonathan? Why'd you sell out my brother like that?

Jonathan Barrows: Because you needed the heat off of you, Peter! You needed to be able to concentrate on the XWF, on TPW, on the Exiles! I've made sure that you don't have to worry about those loan sharks chasing you anymore! I thought that was what you would have wanted!

Peter Vaughn: And to do that, you told them where to find Thomas??

Jonathan Barrows: You haven't even met the guy! You don't even know for sure that he was your brother! Better to remove him now, rather than worry about him later...

~Vaughn lets loose a guttural growl, the kind you hear from older dogs when they're truly pissed off. Barrows gulps, then looks to his right, drawing Vaughn's attention. The police officer from earlier is looking their direction, apparently trying to decide whether he needs to get involved. Vaughn releases Barrows, stepping back, as Barrows dusts himself off. Barrows then immediately turns and opens his limo door, getting inside. He looks through the open window at Vaughn, shaking his head.~

Jonathan Barrows: You're working yourself up too much about this, Peter. Your anger is clouding your judgement. Go and release some of that rage with a workout. Train some more for Mark Flynn and Jim Caedus. I guarantee you'll feel better about this in the morning.

~Barrows signals, and the limo driver obediently pulls away, taking them down the street. Vaughn watches them go, shaking his head. He looks back over at the crime scene, where it's obvious that the police have no leads. They don't even know the abductee yet. Vaughn looks back in the direction of the limousine.~

Peter Vaughn: Not this time, Jonathan. You're hiding something from me, and I'll get that information... no matter what it takes.

~Vaughn walks away, having no mode of transportation himself. It's not as dramatic if he pulls out his phone and dials for an Uber, you know? So instead, he dramatically walks away up the street, as the camera zooms outwards and upwards.~

So. Mark F***ING Flynn. Pleasure to meet you.

You are easily the greatest challenge I've faced since coming to the XWF. Is that too much praise? I mean, I've only fought a literal gorilla and dog named Drew, but the point stands, I suppose. You're the first former XWF Champion I've faced, that's for sure. From what I've seen, you were at the top of the federation after cashing in a 24/7 briefcase. You formed a powerful tag-team with a North Korean War Criminal, and hey, crazy choice, but it worked for you, didn't it? You became tag champs together by shocking the world, didn't you?

And then you let Apex win. That one hurts, Mark. You let the enemy use trickery and deceit, their main weapons of choice, to steal away your championships. I get it. They're sneaky assholes, aren't they? But it still lowers my opinion of you just a bit. After all, we need people to break the hearts, minds, and legs of Apex, and you let us down. Truly disappointing. And have I seen you attacking Apex after that, causing bloodshed and agony? No, instead, you're having your lawyer cry about a conspiracy in the XWF. Sure, the powers that be might be against you, but that's the way the world works sometimes. All you can do is take the walls they put in front of you and break them down with anything within reach, be it power tools, sledgehammers, or explosives.

When I heard about the match between us being signed, I was hyped. I thought, the XWF is finally taking me seriously. But now I'm doubting my feelings, Mark. I'm wondering, is this truly a top-notch match? Or is Flynn not as strong as I once heard? Is he more talk than talent? I mean, you allowed yourself to get kicked in the nuts while Apex stole your belts. Is that the sign of a wrestler whose name will look great on my victories list?

I want to get hyped about our match, Mark. It's in the main event. It should be the biggest XWF moment for me to date. But I don't know if you're ready for it. I think your focus is going to be pulled in too many directions. I think your rage towards men like Caedus & Main, for Duke & Centurion, will cause you to underestimate me. It could make you think you can just walk in and get an easy victory. Trust me, I understand, it's happened more times than I can count. Guys come in expecting to wrestle "The Janitor", and don't expect the ass-whooping that comes their way. But I don't want you to be like that, Mark. Don't be a pussy. Be a star. Give me the battle that I'm craving.

Don't disappoint me again, Mark. Don't make me lose complete faith in you. Because if that happens, I might have to break something that doesn't heal easily. I might have to pop a shoulder out of alignment with a properly-placed chair shot. Who knows what I might do if you're not the foe I expect you to be.

~We return to our main viewpoint, later on in the same day. We know this, because the screen once again tells us so:~

[Image: laterthatday.png]

~Peter Vaughn walks in front of the camera, considering the building that stands before him. He's changed into the outfit many recognize him in, the blue-grayish uniform of a custodian. He even is wearing a nametag. We can't quite make out the full name on the tag, but it appears to start with Theo. Vaughn works to put a fake-looking smile on his face and walks forward, entering the building. We can see the name plastered on the window of the door: Pryde Industries. Vaughn moves inside, walking straight towards a secretarial desk. The older lady behind it looks up, her eyes immediately taking in the man's outfit with some disdain, a look Peter has seen so many times before.~

Secretary: Yes? What do you need?

Peter Vaughn: Hi, I'm starting my new position today, but I'm afraid no one told me where I would need to report. Do you know where...

Secretary: Take the stairway over there. Go down two flights to the sub basement. There will be signs leading you to where you need to be.

Peter Vaughn: So, the stairs... not the elevator?

~The secretary looks at him as if he's lost his mind (which the verdict is still out on, by the way).~

Secretary: During the work day, all custodial individuals are expected to stay away from the clientele. Please be on your way.

~The secretary looks away, going back to her more important work of filing down her fingernails. Vaughn takes note of the name on her desk, a Ms. Rellswood. He may have to pay this woman a visit in the future, off the clock, of course. But he's got more important things to take care of today, so he turns and makes his way to the stairs. We cut away, as nothing's more boring that stair-walking, am I right?~

~After a few moments, we see Vaughn opening the door to the sub-basement and walking inside. The structure is very different underground, as it almost has the feel of a dungeon than an office building. Vaughn moves forward with confidence, making sure to stay alert as he walks past a few torch-lights to get to the main custodial door. He knocks, and, upon hearing a voice telling him to enter, goes in. We see a large space inside, void of desks or other office equipment. Vaughn walks to the center of the room, taking it all in. After a few seconds, two lines of custodians enter into the room from either side, forming a circle around Vaughn. He waits, knowing the tradition and respecting it. After a few seconds, the head custodian steps forward, an older man who's clearly seen it all in his lifetime.~

Head Custodian: Peter Vaughn.

~It's not a question. They clearly know who Vaughn is. Vaughn doesn't look at all surprised, nodding in response to his name.~

Head Custodian: Why have you come here?

Peter Vaughn: I seek information. I believe that the men and women in this room can help me obtain it.

Head Custodian: So you are asking us to betray our masters and break the code?

Peter Vaughn: What is stronger, the blind trust of the men who look down upon you, or the bond you have with one of your own?

Head Custodian: Ahh, but there you hit the crux of our dilemma, Mr. Vaughn. Are you still one of us? Are you still... part of the flock?

~There is a general muttering from the other custodians, but the leader quickly quells this with a wave of his hand.~

Peter Vaughn: Of course I still belong here. I will never forget my roots, no matter how much success I have in the wrestling world. I will always be part of this brotherhood.

Head Custodian: And yet you use our tools in ways they were never meant to be used. You have created an intense amount of destruction over the past year, leaving much for your brothers & sisters to clean up. There are doubts about you, Mr. Vaughn. Serious doubts.

Peter Vaughn: And what will it take to resolve these doubts?

~The head custodian is quiet for a moment, before making his decision.~

Head Custodian: You will be tested, in the ways of generations before us. If you pass this test, you will granted what you seek. If you fail, things will go very, very differently. If you still wish this test, return here after closing. We will leave the back door open for you. Think closely on your decision, Mr. Vaughn.

~The head custodian bows his head towards Vaughn, then turns and walks off, leading the group off with him and leaving Vaughn to contemplate his potential fate.~

I can hear your thoughts now, Mark. Well, not literally. That would be awesome. But anyway, I know what you're thinking. You're looking at this guy having a meeting with a clan of noble custodians, and you're wondering what possible threat a guy like me could have to a supposed badass like yourself. I mean, it's a Falls Count Anywhere match, after all. Anything and everything can be used as a weapon. So what makes me qualified to smack your ass down in this type of match?

Well, let me lay out the record for you:

In my first match here, I hospitalized a gorilla. I broke that bastard, and it's amazing he ever wants to return to the ringside area again. I made the XWF realize that it was dangerous to put me in "goofy" matches.

I crushed Drew Archyle in a Broom Closet Brawl, one of the most violent contests you can think of. Did you see the use of the vacuum cleaner? Even to me, it felt vicious. What about the pliers? I know people told me afterwards they thought it was too much, but to me, it felt just about right. By the end, Archyle was laying in the closet, and I was triumphant in my first XWF pay-per-view, a bloody brawl that required several stiches for my forehead afterwards.

Over in TPW, I took on the monster known as Supreme Machine in a No Disqualification match. Did I back down? Did I run for the hills? No, I fought that goliath with everything I had, using everything available to me. I put that son of a bitch down for the three count, and he was a hell of a lot more intimidating than you are, I can tell you that. Very few thought I was walking out of that one alive, but I thrived.

And now you're next on the list, Flicker. Once again, someone in booking thought that I should be in a match where the majority of the rulebook is thrown out the window. There are so many things I can do to get the victory here. I can throw you off a balcony, then drop off into the Plunge. I can bury you under a pile of fans and chairs away from the ring. I might even bring my tranquilizer gun again, because why not? Who needs rules?

Of course, you'll have your buddy NK to try and interfere on your behalf, a smart decision. Y'know, Drew had the same options, and he was an idiot for not involving them. But your friend should be forewarned, Flintty. Because I'll have Exiles in the area as well. You remember Bam Miller, the former XWF Xtreme Champion? I figure this would be right up his alley. He might be busy with another activity we've got planned, but then, he's a good multi-tasker. I might have another surprise or two up my sleeves as well, you never know.

The fact is, Marky Mark, you and I both know that we'd both do whatever possible in order to win on Wednesday. I can respect that. I also don't plan on having my run of domination stopped before I make it to the Universal Championship, which I will be stripping from Jim Caedus' lifeless hands. Did I say lifeless hands? I meant unconscious hands. But then, anything can happen when the match allows it, isn't that the truth? Hope you survive, Flynn, so you can get those tag titles back. I'd hate to be the reason Apex had an easier road to travel. But no one gets in my way. Nobody.

~It's now a few hours later. We know this because, well... ~

[Image: fewhourslater.jpg]

~Is that joke getting old? It feels like it's getting old. Oh well. Pryde Industries has mainly shut down for the day. True to his word, though, the head custodian left the back door open via a small triangle block, the favorite amongst janitors when they take the garbage out. Vaughn has used this access to enter the building, where a guide was waiting to take him upwards on a trek to a higher floor. Vaughn is dressed slightly differently now, as his sleeves are now both torn off, leaving jagged fabric behind, but exposing his arms wonderfully. He's also got a blue headband wrapped around his head, with the symbol of his family on it, signifying that he is ready to bring forth the skills his janitorial ancestors gave to him. The guide leads Vaughn to the 5th floor, where the rest of the custodial council are waiting. Vaughn gives them a small bow, ready to prove himself, and the door is opened. There is a gasp from those who were not expecting what they see.~

Head Custodian: We have brought you a true test of your abilities, Mr. Vaughn. Earlier this afternoon, the higher-ups entered into one of their most tribal ceremonies, a ritual well known to us. They call it... a going away party.

~Inside the room, we can see the conference table is covered with a variety of food dishes placed on paper plates. Much of the side items have dripped onto the fine wooden table, left to dry on its surface. Drinks have been left where they were last laid, without any coasters for protection. There is even a half piece of cake laying on its side, without even a napkin underneath it. It is truly a horror show for anyone in the cleaning business. Vaughn takes a deep breath, then nods, having seen it all before. He's ready. But as Vaughn steps forward, the head custodian raises a hand.~

Head Custodian: Choose your side, Mr. Vaughn.

~After a moment, understanding shows in Vaughn's face. He steps to the left, instinctively deciding on which area appears the better option. On the other side, another custodial disciple steps up, flexing his massive arms, built from mopping the floor every day. He stares at Vaughn without malice, but also without pity. Vaughn sizes him up, knowing that this might actually be a battle.~

Head Custodian: The first to finish their side of the room to our satisfaction will be granted their boon. You may... begin.

~Vaughn immediately reaches into his back pocket, having been ready for just such an occasion. A black trash bag flies open, practically by magic, as Vaughn knows the exact amount of power to use to flip it into existence. He begins methodically slamming down plates and cups, throwing them up into the air with one hand and miraculously catching them inside the bag with the other. He moves like a blur, as the disciple across from him look on in shock, trying to keep up. But Vaughn's moving at light speed, using techniques that certainly seem to impress the elder custodians.~

Head Custodian: Ahhh, the Kinsberg Cross, I didn't know there were still those using that method. Impressive.

~The disciple has doubled his speed now, working to clear his own side, but Vaughn is already done with the majority of the trash. He reaches into his belt, pulling out a small bottle and a cleaning rag. He dips the bottle's contents onto the rag, then turns, ready to start cleaning the marks off the table. The head custodian, though, suddenly looks concerned.~

Head Custodian: Is that the J-513 Concentrate? Without water, you risk staining the enamel or removing it entirely! You will be disqualified!

~Vaughn looks up at the custodian with a hard smile.~

Peter Vaughn: Only if I keep it there long enough to do damage. What's life without the risk?

~Vaughn's hands begin moving, rapidly shooting back and forth across the conference table. The crumbs, the water stains, the smears of leftover potato salad quickly disappear under Vaughn's onslaught... and yet the table itself appears undamaged. Vaughn flies down the table, shooting back and forth, making sure not to miss a single spot of debris. Across the way, the disciple, looking more and more panicked, tries to hurry faster himself. Unfortunately, as he rushes around one edge of the table, he clips one of the chairs... jamming it further underneath. A loud crack is heard, which stops everyone in their tracks. The disciple backs off, his mouth agape as he looks downwards at what he's done. The table... has been chipped.~

Head Custodian: Stop the challenge!

~Everyone else comes to a stop. The elders are deeply disappointed, as the disciple steps backwards, ashamed. He drops to his knees, accepting his punishment. But Vaughn steps forward, pulling the chair gently out from the table edge. He looks at the damage, nodding to himself, and then pulls out another bottle from a side pocket. He immediately presses down, sending some of the special glue into the crack. He then deftly pushes the chip back into place, getting it perfectly in line. Yet another bottle comes out, with Vaughn massaging the contents into the edge of the table. Within seconds, it appears like there was never any damage to the table at all! Vaughn puts away his supplies, satisfied, then turns back to the stunned-looking disciple. He shrugs.~

Peter Vaughn: It happens.

~Vaughn nods respectfully to the disciple, then walks over to the head custodian, who is smiling.~

Head Custodian: Mr.... Master Vaughn... you have passed the test. Your skills are truly legendary. What is it you require of us?

~After a moment, Vaughn has a piece of folded paper in his hands. He flips it open. We can see a picture of Jonathan Barrows at the top of the page.~

Peter Vaughn: I need to learn everything that this man is currently up to. What he does in the office, who he contacts, and what he sends off to be shredded. Basically, I require all the details of his work life that you can give me.~

~The elder custodial staff look upset at the thought of spying on the boss of their company. But the head custodian nods, stopping their complaints from being voiced.~

Head Custodian: It shall be done.

~The leader gives Vaughn a bow of respect, and Vaughn returns it. He then leads the rest of the custodians out of the room. Vaughn, however, stays, as he never lets a job go unfinished. He gets back to the conference table, continuing the intensive cleaning. After a moment, the disciple joins in, as the door to the room slowly shuts.~

~We come back to a final shot of Peter Vaughn, now standing on the top of Pryde Industries. He's looking down from the rooftop at all the peons below, as he considers where his life is currently headed.~

Peter Vaughn: Many doubt me being worthy of the position I'm in. I've received nothing but disdain from Apex and other members of the XWF organization, as they believe my OCW World Title win doesn't count for much. You know what? I agree with them. I did not have the chance to make the OCW World Title the glowing icon of the wrestling business. That path was ruined by a destructive owner who valued privacy over fame.

~Vaughn stares upwards towards the stars above. It's a beautiful clear night here.~

Peter Vaughn: But my mission has only been shifted, not stopped. My goal now is the top of the XWF, an already shining beacon that will grow every brighter once I reach its heights. Men like Mark Flynn may have been there before, but it's no longer in their destiny to reach again. But me? I'm not letting anything stop me from reaching my destiny. Adding Mark Flynn to the list of defeated all-stars will just further cement my claim to the glory that is the XWF Universal Title. And once I'm done, people will have to sit back and realize that a janitor is actually one of the greatest of all time.

~After a few moments more of contemplation, Vaughn turns his sights to the camera, as if looking straight through at his opponent.~

Peter Vaughn: Mark... prepare yourself, because like all others, you're going to be taking... the Plunge...

~Vaughn then steps forward, seemingly jumping off the top of Pryde Industries!! After a few seconds, though, the camera pans down, showing that Vaughn is actually rappelling down the surface of the building, being careful not to kick in any windows as he lowers himself. He easily reaches the ground and unclips, walking away without even looking back up. We fade out.~

[Image: exiles.png]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Peter Vaughn's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-14-2021), (Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (12-14-2021), Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-16-2021), Mark Flynn (12-14-2021), Theo Pryce (12-15-2021)