Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 03:31 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » Character Development RPs
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After The Bell
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-01-2021, 06:20 PM

Barclays Center || Brooklyn, New York || 9:42 PM

My chest heaves as I catch my breath.

I can’t believe he did it.

I guess kicking him in the face at Relentless pissed him off.

Good.

Corey lays on the mat a few feet from me and I continue to stare up at the lights.

I feel so much right now. Mostly rage.

Rolling to my stomach, I see Corey on his knees as the official hands him the belt. He’s barely aware of what happened. I can hear the referee trying to yell over the crowd noise in order to explain that my father interfered and choke slammed me to hell. Thinking of it now, the back of my brain is try to pound its way out of my skull.

Making it to my knees, I look over at Corey and he at me.

After a few moments, I roll out of the ring to the floor.

Corey Smith is the victor no matter how it happened.

It’s his moment tonight.

Cyrus Braddock waits for me at the bottom of the ramp.

Bent over with one hand on my knee and the other seemingly trying to keep my brain where it’s supposed to be, I can hear this crowd. Love being poured on both Corey and myself.

That’s why New York has the greatest fans in the world.

”Boss, I’m sorry,” Cyrus says to me as we start to make our way up the ramp. ”I was out of place. I thought he’d come from the curtain.”

”The fault is mine Cyrus, not yours,” I tell the giant hired gun. ”I learned my tricks from him. I should have fucking known.”

We reach the top of the ramp just before the curtain. For a moment, I turn to look at Corey. He doesn’t seem to be much in the mood to celebrate. He sits on the apron with his belt in his hand looking up toward me.

”We step through this curtain,” I say to Cyrus. ”Be on your game because they’re gonna call security.”

Looking at me for a moment, he nods once in understanding.

Through the curtain and into the Gorilla Position, my Uncle sits at a table watching monitors with a headset over his ears. Stepping to him, I rip the headset from his head. After a slight startle, he cranes to look up at me.

”You fucking knew!”

”I had no idea, Thad!” he argues.

”It’s clear as fucking day now Theo. It’s no fucking wonder you agreed to the no DQ stipulation!”

”I don’t know what you’re talking about, Thad but you might want to calm down just a little bit and talk to me later on,” he advises.

Out of anger and frustration, I grab the monitor siting in front of him and rip it from the table before smashing it into the floor.

”Even if you didn’t know until a few minutes ago, you fuckin’ cued the music!”

Theo stands up.

”It’s my job to ensure compelling content...”

”Don’t stand and get in my face!” I shout to my uncle. ”I don’t give a fuck what your job is. That match was supposed to be me and him!”

”You can get angry because you lost...”

”I don’t give a FUCK about the loss, Theo! It was supposed to be decisive!”

Security rushes in just as I grab my uncle by his jacket. They quickly swarm us and try their damnedest to get between us. Cyrus does his damnedest to impede their progress.

”If you don’t like what happened!” Theo finally loses his cool. ”Then go do something and stop bitching at me about it!”

Corey steps through the curtain. Seeing the commotion, he drops the belt and rushes over. Instantly, he starts trying to pull my hands away from Theo and his jacket.

”Thad STOP!”

I look at him a moment, then back at Theo before releasing his jacket.

Shaking my head, I start for the backstage area.

”Get your black suit cleaned and ready Theo,” I tell him just before rounding the corner and out of his sight.

”For what!?” he calls out.

”Because I’mma put your fuckin’ brother in the god damn ground!”

Backstage and away from the bullshit, I stop in the hall.

"Go find Page for me will ya?"

"For what?"

"Because Theo's about to give me a hell of a fine," I tell him. Looking back up the hall from whence I came, Corey rounds the corner, sees me and stops. The look between us lingers a long few moments before I enter my locker room and slam the door behind me.

[Image: NDdOtwO.png]

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
Corey Smith (12-01-2021), Dolly Waters (12-01-2021), JimCaedus (12-01-2021), Theo Pryce (12-01-2021), Vita Frickin Valenteen (12-02-2021)