Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:31 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Bad Medicine 2021
There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.
Marf Offline
THE Marf

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

11-27-2021, 09:04 PM

A few nights earlier that week…

Marf trudges along through the thick brush and towering trees. A heavy frown hung off his face while he made his way to the cabin. He could already feel something was wrong. She had not returned home and he had not even received a call or text. Considering how strained things had become because of her being away so much, he doubted she would be so quick to ignore him already. The closer Marf got to the cabin the more the dread in the pit of his stomach grew. The wind is shrieking between the trees as Marf makes his way to the opening where the cabin sits.

Marf walks up to the cabin and shivers. It isn’t the weather though, it is the goosebumps crawling all over his flesh while he approaches the cabin. He told her he would come find her if she wasn’t home by now and here he was, a man of his word as per usual. Marf walks up the front steps and enters the unlocked front door of the cabin. He takes a few steps in and looks around before spotting the body of Lycana, crumpled on the floor. Marf stops in a deafening fear of coming across her corpse but something inside him is telling him she’s still alive.

Jesus Christ, Ly!

Marf races over to her body and drops to his knees beside her. Marf carefully shook Lycana while looking her over tediously. Her skin is far paler than it should be and he leans in to look at the veins on her neck. Running up her throat he can see the dark, blackish purple colouring. Marf hollers out in anger and grief before shaking her some more. Her eyelids flutter to life and she looks up at Marf in confusion. She tries to feel peace in his arms but there’s so much boiling anger in his blood overwhelming her.

Marf…what?

Lycana fades for a moment and nearly faints but manages to keep her eyes open. Marf is relieved but his anger butts in.

Stupid…you are so god damn stupid! Why would you do this to yourself Ly!? Fuck sakes!

Marf gets up and pulls her nearly weightless feeling body up with him. She attempts to push him away but is still dazed badly.

I can walk on my…own…

Sure you can. Just shut up for a few minutes so we can get the fuck out of her.

Before she can protest further, Marf scoops her up into his powerful arms and exits the cabin. He stomps his way through the forest all the way back to the house. Marf was hoping Reika was sound asleep because he did not want her to see Lycana like this. His anger was really boiling up and he had a feeling Lycana would likely feel it. But he didn’t care. They could talk or argue about it later, for now all he wanted to do was get them both home safely. The time for talking would come later…

Current time, a few mornings later…

Marf stares out the small, kitchen window while waiting for the coffee to be ready. It is early but the sun is beginning it’s slow climb to the top of the sky and the birds are belting out the first bars of their morning tunes. The coffee machine beeps and Marf grabs his mug. He pauses as he hears the familiar shuffling of her slippered feet. Finally, she was up and about. It had been three days. He grabs her mug as well before turning his head to see her enter the doorway into the kitchen. His head is swimming with questions but he does his best to stay calm to start this off.

Mornin’…coffee?

Lycana blinks at him as she comes to a stop. Her hair is slightly disheveled, and there are dark smudges under her eyes. But her veins have nearly returned to normal, and she is moving under her own power. She smiles, hesitantly.

Yes, thank you.

She takes a step towards him, then pauses. Marf makes a motion with his head to indicate that it is ready while turning back and pouring some coffee into her mug first. He slides it slightly beside himself on the counter as he feels her timidly approach. He pours his own cup before turning back to Lycana.

It’s good to see you up…

It feels good to be up.

She wraps her fingers around her mug, lifting it to her lips and taking a sip. She makes a small noise of appreciation.

How long was I out?

Lycana peeks up at him through her eyelashes, seeming to try and judge his mood. Marf raises his own cup to his lips while looking away from her. He takes a long, drawn out sip before responding.

Three days…

It comes out almost like a shot from a rifle even though it wasn’t his intention. He glances as casually back to her as he can.

Are you okay?

Lycana swallows, setting her mug back down on the counter, very slowly.

I’m good Marf, I feel much better. I must have needed that three day nap.

She gives him a lighthearted smile. Marf tries to return her kind smile but it just looks grumpy on his already stern face. He shakes his head.

I’m glad that you’re okay…but do I even ask here, Ly? As calmly as I can, what the fuck?

Lycana’s smile falters.

I was hoping we could avoid that.

She tries again, but looks away.

It was... A lot stronger than I thought. But nothing too bad happened.

Marf puts his coffee down firmly and glares at her now. He struggles to maintain a calm voice as the anger creeps in.

Nothing too bad!? Are you fuckin’ kidding me? You were practically dying when I found you. Do you realize I had to get friggin’ Damien to help me make sure you didn’t die? I had to ask him for help, now he’ll hold that over my damn head!

Well at least it wasn’t so bad I had to go to the Springs again. I didn’t end up in the In Between. I was fine Marf!

She swipes up her coffee and takes an obviously annoyed sip. He does his best at staying in control while watching her, a scowl quietly growing on his own face.

Sure, you were fine. I sent Reika with Fenrir for a sleepover. So she wouldn’t have to see how fine you are.

I was just tired Marf!

She closes her eyes, and takes a breath.

Look, maybe I shouldn’t have done it alone, when I never did before. I just maybe, misjudged a little how strong it would be. It could have been worse, but I was careful. I knew it could kill me so I put a little less...

Lycana stops, knowing she made a mistake. Marf stops and turns completely to stand in front of her. He squeezes the handle of the coffee mug too hard and it breaks off, sending the mug crashing to the kitchen floor in a mess. Marf ignores it and looks directly into her eyes.

It could have fucking killed you!? Jesus Christ, how can you even be possibly arguing with me about this? Why didn’t you take me with you at least!?

She looks down at the shattered pieces on the floor, the coffee cascading across the linoleum.

I knew you wouldn’t let me do it Marf!

She slams her cup down, grabbing from the roll of paper towels.

I didn’t want to fucking worry you!

Lycana crouches, starting to mop up the spill.

And I’m fucking here, aren't I?

I would worry a hell of a lot less if I was standing by your fuckin’ side instead of waiting in the dark. Fuck sakes, didn’t we already have this fight? What are we doing?

He looks down at her with frustration meshed in with regret for making the mess she was cleaning up. Even if he had been cleaning up some of he messed lately. Before he can try to bring the tension down, Damien walks into the kitchen.

Oh don’t stop your yelling on a count of me. I didn’t want to sleep past eight in the morning today anyway…

Damien stops in his tracks and shoots a glance to the floor. His eyes grow wide in terror.

Dude! Is that my fucking kitty mug!? Are you guys fucking kidding me!?

Shut the fuck up Damien!

Lycana rises to her feet, throwing a chunk of mug towards the sink.

Stay the fuck out of this.

She turns towards Marf, too fast, wobbling a little.

I don’t know what we are doing Marf. Seems like every time we are in the same room, all we do is yell at one another. Why fucking stop now?!

This isn’t what I want! I’m on your god damn side, why do you keep drawing lines in the fuckin’ sand!

Marf stops himself, skin burning up and face turning a fuming shade of red. His body quivers with the overwhelming anger ready to erupt underneath his skin.

Hold up! Don’t tell me to shut the fuck up, I saved your ass the other night! Forget about your shining black knight, Marf, it was all Damien!

Could have fooled me! Every day since I came home you’ve been up my ass about my fuck ups! And you wonder why I didn’t tell you?

Lycana hisses the venomous words, before whirling on Damien, staggering slightly once more.

How wonderful! My hero! Guess I owe you again, huh?

Lycana childishly kicks a piece of the mug, a combination of anger and exhaustion taking over.

I swear to fuck, both of you just never goddamn stop!

Some gratitude, you’re being a real snarky bitch! The pair of you get on my last nerve so much lately and you can’t even give me a simple thank you! And now my favourite mug is destroyed because of another lover’s quarrel…

Damien picks up the closest piece of his ruined mug before scurrying over to grab the rest. He bumps Lycana out of his way but in her still weakened state she falls backwards and slams into the kitchen counter. Her mug goes flying into the sink as Marf glares at Damien with a look of death. Marf looks over at Lycana while shoving Damien away from her.

Are you alright?

Lycana’s foot slides on a piece of mug, sending her sliding fully down onto her ass. She snarls over at Damien.

Fuck your mug!

She tries to pull herself up, grimacing a little.

I’m fine... I’m fine.

Damien steps towards the fallen Lycana and grunts right back at her in anger.

Hey fuck you! Another bullshit suicide mission and here we all are fighting! Way to go!

Marf, now noticeably shivering with anger, shoves Damien back once again while turning to help Lycana up.

And fuck you for taking your shit out on me!

Before he realizes it, Damien fires off a sharp punch that catches Marf on the side of his face, surprising him. He stops and glares at Damien, the vein in his forehead pulsating with rage. Marf slowly looks down at Lycana, his eyes changing for a moment to pure sorrow. He carefully helps her up as his eyes well up slightly with tears. He knows he can’t control the rage any longer. Suddenly he kisses Lycana deeply.

The hell…?

Marf embraces Lycana for a solid couple minutes before taking a step back from her. She looks at him, growing concern filling her face as she notices his own facial features. She can feel the volcano that is about to erupt. Marf’s face goes ice cold and in the blink of an eye he turns and grabs Damien, slamming him face first off the kitchen counter. Blood spurts out of his nose as Damien falls onto his back. Disoriented on the floor, Damien struggles to sit up but Marf kicks him hard in the face before he can get up.

Lycana is frozen in place and can only watch in horror as Marf stomps on Damien’s face over and over again. Marf suddenly let’s a violent roar escape his lungs while he grabs hold of the kitchen counter for leverage and drives his big foot into Damien’s battered face repeatedly. A disgusting crunch starts to sound after each stomp while blood begins to splatter across Marf’s torso and face. Finally he stops, heavy breaths of rage escaping him.

Marf turns excruciatingly slow until he is facing the mortified Lycana. His face is completely blank and stoic while dripping with blood and chunks of flesh. What is left of Damien lies behind him. Damien’s head is caved in and smashed to pieces. The spilt coffee is no longer noticeable with all the blood and pieces of skull fragments and brains. Marf blinks slowly and looks at Lycana. His blue eyes gaze upon her with sadness and pain while he is utterly speechless.

Lycana is staring at the lump of meat that was formerly Damien’s face. She swallows hard, trying not to vomit. A shaky whimper escapes. She drags her eyes to Marf’s face, eyes round and terrified.

What did you do?

She whispers it at him. She takes a step backwards, starting to shake.

What did you DO?!

She stares at him, not even recognizing him. This wasn’t her Marf. This was someone else who had taken over his body. It had to be. Her feelings are written all over her face as he watches her. Her hands go up to her mouth, covering a sob.

I…

His voice cracks before he can even get the beginning of a sentence out. He slowly raises his hand to his face and wipes at it. Looking at his shaking hands, Marf sees the blood now coating it and his eyes go wide. He looks back to Lycana in desperation but she’s already making her way out of the kitchen and up to their room to get away from him. He hears her slam the bedroom door, as if that could stop him. But for now it will, as Marf can only look down at his trembling hands in horror as we fade out…

All this running around,
Tryin' to cover my shadow.
A notion growing inside,
Now all the others seem shallow.

All this running around,
Bearing down on my shoulders.
I can hear an alarm,
It must be morning.

I heard about a whirlwind that's coming 'round.
It's gonna carry off all that isn't bound, and
When it happens, when it happens.
(I won't be holding on)
So let it happen, let it happen.

About a day until Bad Medicine

We open up to a rather perturbed looking Marf, standing there all disappointed and shit. He licks his teeth as we begin.

You know, all that big talk early on from you Schism, I did not have you pegged as a runner. Seriously, for someone who thinks he knows a lot, you sure shut the fuck up fast. I hope that isn’t on account of lil ole me. Truly, I was excited to play! A game of barbs, tossed back and forth between us. The truest form of foreplay before the battle turns to flesh and blood. No more love notes Schism, time is running out before I claim my pound of flesh from you.

If you believe silence will be your salvation, that keeping that cum dumpster of a mouth closed is going to save you, ooooo boy are you ever fuckin’ mistaken! Once our match is underway I will be out there to shut you up, permanently. Even if that means I break your fucking jaw so they have to wire your god damn mouth shut. You wanna play your silence is golden game? I’ll give you a fucking reason to be silent for a long time.

Marf slowly cracks his neck while still managing to look less than enthused.

So if you’re still there ole buddy ole pal, if you’re thinking to yourself with that tiny pea brain of yours that I was thoughtless before, strap in and wait until you hear what I have to say now. You think that the Marf that went all out on Damien in front of Lycana is gone? He is alive and fucking well buddy... and if I was willing to do that to her, end the existence of her close friend, just what do you think is going to stop me from doing ten times worse to you? With Xtreme rules attached, absolutely fucking nothing will stop me.

But you know what, you were right about something though, I’m not the same as I was. I’m fucking better. So, so much better. And its going to take a lot more than Schizzy the snowman slayer to stand in the way of me winning this Extreme title shot. Just like at Relentless when I won the Supercontinental title shot. I’m about to collect another title shot while you collect a loss and a trip back to the drawing board. Or whatever the fuck it is you do with all your vintage trainers.

Marf simply shrugs, clearly losing interest in this already. You can almost see his skin crawling with anticipation to just get to the match already.

Anyway, it was good to hear that you want us to beat each other senseless Schism, I certainly have no problem obliging. You want brass knuckles? You fucking got it! Chairs? Bolt cutters? Blowtorches? Fucking gasoline!? Ha, I am more than willing to play with them all. Hell, I probably will regardless if you want to or not. We’re not fucking around with snow angels, I sure hope you know just what the fuck you’ve gotten yourself into. Assuming you do any thinking at all…

Speaking of, I’ve been doing some thinking myself. I thought something was pretty fucking funny that you mentioned before. You actually think that Lycana didn’t want to stay with me at the bottom…the bottom where I wore gold more than she did? That never mattered to us. But go on, spew out the same trope that everyone else already has. I thought you said you understood the real Marf? You dont seem to know what the fuck you’re talking about Schism. Hell, one moment you tell me that I’m a dissentient, not a follower of a boring trend, and in the next breath you are telling me I’m just like the rest? Well which is it you dumb fuck?

Marf shakes his head in the purest of pure annoyances.

You see Schism, I dont need to understand you to send your teeth down your throat, or rip your intestines out your asshole to strangle you with. You can attempt to fucking play your psychologist games all you want, I dont really give a shit. All I care about is getting my hands on you and showing you how little everything you fucking stand for is. Mangling your body in the grandest fashion. Unfortunately I’m not convinced I’ll have the widest audience thanks to you, Schism. Once the fans see your name the arena will likely empty out faster than an eggy fart filled elevator.

Marf holds a hand up to shield his nostrils while looking disgusted.

But it’s okay Schizzles, I will carry your worthless, meth head looking carcass through this match. I will pummel you with my fists while puncturing your flesh with tacks, staples, shards and more. I will teach you first hand who the real Marf truly is. And after all that, well fuck at least you’ll have an interesting story to tell for once. Boring ass, quiet fuck. At least whatever other people are in your hospital room after the match will be able to get some sleep. Shit, you might even be in a fucking coma yourself.

I guarantee you Schism I’m not letting you escape this encounter without being permanently scarred for the rest of your useless life. None of your life coaches can protect you from this. If they even gave a shit about you they would have pulled you from the damn match. Walking into a magnificent failure. That’s about the only magnificent thing you’ve accomplished in your whole career. Huh…I almost feel honoured. Key word, almost. Instead I’m going to break your bones and toss you out of my way like every other motherfucker before and after you.

Marf dismisses the camera as we don’t seem to fade out just yet. Marf raises an eyebrow at the camera.

What? Fuck Schism, end of story…

Marf snarls and leaves as we actually fade out now.

2x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
5x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Member of Charlie’s Carnies
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Marf's post:
JimCaedus (11-28-2021), Lycana (11-27-2021), Robert "The Omega" Main (11-28-2021), Theo Pryce (11-28-2021)