Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-15-2024, 10:40 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some changes to the fed
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

11-05-2021, 10:11 AM

As we continue to dig deeper into the survey results and how to properly address their findings we have come up with a few more changes that we are going to institute on an on going basis.

The first is the creation of a Creative Team which will consist of me, and a representative from Savage and Warfare, them being Mr. Big and Derrick Diamond respectively. The three of us will work to book all shows(with the exception of Anarchy and any Shove Its) so as to make sure there is proper continuity between the shows. Everything will be discussed to ensure that stories are being progressed and addressed adequately. I do want to emphasize that both SBW and Karen Hunt are still actively part of the GM team and will be running Warfare and Savage shows but will be taking more direction from the creative team as far as booking and results goes. As part of this Champions will no longer be allowed to book their own matches. We will put all champions in programs/feuds for each Pay Per View and then work backwards to book your matches in between PPV's. We will not control when you opt in however that will still be up to you but we will control who you face when you opt in. If there is someone you would like to face at a given event and you have discussed it with them then please bring it to one of us on the Creative Team and we will discuss it and follow up with you. We are doing this to try and ensure that all title matches are competitive. All champions will still be required to defend once per calendar month. With the exception of the Universal Title. That will only be REQUIRED to be defended at Pay Per Views. If the Uni Champ would like to defend more often then that they can but they will not be required to.

In addition to that change for the Universal Title we will no longer have Universal Title rules. What we will have is what we are calling "Champs Advantage" rules. Which means that the Universal Champion whoever he or she is can decide what RP rules they use for their matches. If the Universal Champ would like to work something out with their opponent they can but they do not have to. They can name their own stipulations, within reason. We don't want to see the Uni title defended under Anarchy or 1 rp rules. This is the top title in the fed after all. Keep in mind there is still a max limit of 2 roleplays allowed per day. Though I don't expect that people are going to be trying to do crazy numbers of roleplays anyway.

Next we have removed the Warfare and Savage roster designations on the roster pages since the roster designations were kinda meaningless anyway with the exception of Anarchy which is autobooked by Vinnie Lane. The Part Time roster designation will remain however in place of Warfare and Savage we now have "Prime Time". So if you are signing up a new character or if you are new to the fed you would use that if you plan on opting into any show. Which you can essentially do as a "Part Timer" but we expect to see more activity from the Prime Time folks.

Lastly, we are going to be instituting a match writing deadline for all matches. That deadline will be the day after the soft deadline. The reason we are doing this is because we want the staff to have adequate time to read over the matches and beef them up. Not necessarily to make the match better but to add in commentary or other information to the matches to help sell the stories and ensure continuity between shows etc. The staff will also when creating the writing threads giving everyone suggestions on how long to make the matches. IE: No more than 500 or 1000 words. You can of course do more if you wish but you won't need to. I know one of the things that people will say in regards to this is that they like to wait until after or really close to the deadline to write so as to have the match reflect the RP efforts and while we understand that we are changing the process to try and ensure better overall quality with the results and in order to do that we had one of two choices. Push back when the results are posted, or move up when the matches are due. Since the timeliness of our results was something people cited as a positive in the results we felt it would be counterintuitive to push their posting back when trying to address actual weaknesses.

We have a few other irons in the fire so to speak that still need to be discussed but for now this is what we have come up with.

As always comments are welcomed below. I hope this post as well as the one previously with the actual results in it drives home the point that we value you all as members of the XWF community and we do listen and we do try and implement your suggestions when possible. I am hopeful that these changes will all lead to a better experience for each and every one of you.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 12 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
(11-05-2021), "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (11-05-2021), (Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (11-06-2021), ALIAS (11-05-2021), Atara Raven (11-05-2021), Billy B. Blankenship (11-05-2021), Corey Smith (11-05-2021), Dolly Waters (11-05-2021), ElijahMartin (11-05-2021), JimCaedus (11-05-2021), Marf (11-05-2021), Mark Flynn (11-05-2021)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

11-05-2021, 12:33 PM

I think these are very positive changes! We'll done team. My only caveat is that so long as the door isn't completely shut on people making their own feuds, this is great.

I think the spiciest change was probably to the Universal rule. I think that was OK when we were all dumb teenagers with no lives (maybe that was just me), but as GROWN ASS people this change makes the Universal title division more inviting to a wider swath of people.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Corey Smith's post:
B.O.B. D (11-05-2021), Dolly Waters (11-05-2021), Osira Themis (11-05-2021)
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

11-05-2021, 01:01 PM

(11-05-2021, 12:33 PM)Corey Smith Said: I think these are very positive changes! We'll done team. My only caveat is that so long as the door isn't completely shut on people making their own feuds, this is great.

I think the spiciest change was probably to the Universal rule. I think that was OK when we were all dumb teenagers with no lives (maybe that was just me), but as GROWN ASS people this change makes the Universal title division more inviting to a wider swath of people.

Speak for yourself. Chris Page was posting 400 RP per match and he's a grown ass man.

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Centurion's post:
Charlie Nickles (11-05-2021), Dolly Waters (11-05-2021), Theo Pryce (11-05-2021)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

11-05-2021, 01:02 PM

I love to see GM team having more of a role in picking who title defenses are against, that seems correct. I know they had a heavy hand and it wasn't just a champ-pick-whoever before, but it's nice to see it being formalized and institutionalized to build feuds from the bookers.

If I ever, somehow, through sheer luck and conspiracy win the universal belt it will always be unlimited.

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Charlie Nickles's post:
Dolly Waters (11-05-2021), Theo Pryce (11-06-2021)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

11-05-2021, 01:17 PM

(11-05-2021, 12:33 PM)Corey Smith Said: My only caveat is that so long as the door isn't completely shut on people making their own feuds, this is great.

So in a perfect world we are going to try setting feuds up as current feuds are on going so that we always have a plan but we absolutely encourage people to come to us if they have a program they want to work with someone. We want people to want to work with each other. Honestly if you came to us and and you want to work a program with Robbie I doubt we'd say no.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
Dolly Waters (11-05-2021)
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

11-05-2021, 03:16 PM

One thing I'd like to see more of is Contendership Matches. When I first got here, I was sort of blown away by the fact there wasn't many opportunities for people to earn themselves a Universal Title shot without having to win LoF or Captain a winning War Games team(and even THAT's not a thing anymore).

But, like Corey said, overall these are excellent changes and should hopefully do alot for attracting more potential additions to the roster.

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like B.O.B. D's post:
ALIAS (11-05-2021), Charlie Nickles (11-05-2021), Mark Flynn (11-05-2021), Theo Pryce (11-05-2021)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

11-05-2021, 06:38 PM

(11-05-2021, 03:16 PM)BigD Said: One thing I'd like to see more of is Contendership Matches. When I first got here, I was sort of blown away by the fact there wasn't many opportunities for people to earn themselves a Universal Title shot without having to win LoF or Captain a winning War Games team(and even THAT's not a thing anymore).

For better or for worse, I always felt like this place wasn't big on contendership matches because there was no glass ceiling and conceivably anyone could challenge at any time. The debate could be had as to whether thats a good thing or not. Anytime I've had a title I've been open to a challenge from anyone. But I do like the more structured approach we are moving towards and I think that could be a better way to reward those who put on the work.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

11-06-2021, 05:29 AM

I was literally just having this conversation with Alias but what Corey said is pretty on point. I personally have never been too fused with contendership matches because as Corey rightfully pointed out, we really don't restrict people from challenging for titles or stop the champs from offering out shots to whoever they want. We try and do contendership matches at PPV's and then have whoever wins those either build a program with the champ or take their shot in between PPVs. Sometimes we forget who won those title shots and we rely on you to remind us but going forward we are instituting measures to ensure that no longer happens. If you guys want more contendership matches we can absolutely discuss doing that.

Hate Post Like Post
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

11-06-2021, 08:04 AM

I just wanted to take a moment to express how blown away I am by all of these changes to the Fed. For someone like me, who always considered the XWF about as close to perfect as you can get, I’m really shocked, in a good way, by these improvements.

It just speaks to level of consideration that Theo, Vinnie and the rest of the leadership team has for their handlers, and their dedication to making the XWF the best Fed in the game.

The survey alone showed how much they cared about our input, but for them to institute these changes so quickly, that takes courage and commitment on their parts to make this place as close to ideal for all of us. They’re letting us know that this is all of our home. I think a lot times you see places where Fed heads are stuck in their ways, and believe that the only way to play the game is the way they want you to play.

Across the board, up and down, this has got to be the most handler friendly Fed out there. The different RP limits, the creative freedom for match writing, the micro-shows, transparent rubric, the new Universal Title rules, tag team rules, the bridge building with new handlers on Twitter… there’s something for everyone to like. I think it’s a general reflection of the inclusive community we’ve always had here, and I’m really excited to see new handlers getting to see the best that we have to offer.

Okay, im done gushing.

Thanks Vin, Theo and the whole Fed. Y’all rock my world.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Dolly Waters's post:
Charlie Nickles (11-08-2021), JimCaedus (11-06-2021), Marf (11-06-2021), MrBig (11-06-2021), Theo Pryce (11-06-2021)