Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 06:21 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » Character Development RPs
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clash Of The Immortals
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

11-05-2021, 08:12 AM

It's perhaps the most beautiful place in the world that so many have not seen.

Corfu, Greece. Not well known as a tourist destination, but it's ancient roots coupled with it's luxurious feel makes it an untapped beauty in the Mediterranean. It is also host to some of the friendliest, most wise people on the planet.

It has also been the second home of Centurion for a number of years.

We open up at the Nikita Estate - the large resort area owned by Centurion that was once known as the Cortinovis Resort until it was named after his deceased wife. There, the views could not be more picturesque - an infinity pool looks out into the Mediterranean sea, with the mountains of Albania easily viewable off in the distance.

[Image: NpOefpz.jpg]

While the Estate is owned by Centurion, he is not the only one present on this property. Near the entrance, facing the road, is a coffee shop that the entire estate was built around. The large villa also holds multiple rooms, some of which currently house locals that operate the place. In this part of the villa, however, the only people visible are Ruby, Nellie, and Erin, all of whom are sitting on lounge chairs in the sun, and Centurion, who is wearing a bright colored shirt and a pair of cargo shorts. Centurion has a glass of scotch in his left hand, which he takes a sip of, before placing it on the glass table next to him. Centurion extends his arms out to greet the folks watching at home.

"Greetings!" Centurion says joyfully. "Welcome to Corfu! I know this place looks like the lap of luxury now, but let me tell you, it wasn't always like this.

When I first came here in the 90's as a college student, this place was destitute. The owner of the property was an investment banker living in Switzerland who had no desire to use the property, and the locals avoided this place, save for some squatters who took refuge in the villa...and one little coffee shop behind me.
"

Centurion continues to look into the camera, but uses his thumb to point behind him. "The Thálassa was a family run cafe for multiple generations. The family who runs it claims they can trace their lineage back to the days of Alexander The Great. I don't know if we were drinking coffee all the way back then, but still, this one family was able to keep this shop open, even during wars, and economic strifes, and natural disasters. So, when I came here as a student, I fell in love with it.

Hell, I fell in love with the entire island. I fell in love with the abandoned buildings and the squatters, and once I was able to make a little bit of money, I knew what I had to do. I bought this place, and I gave the coffee shop to the family that has operated it since the beginning of civilization. Sometimes, I wonder if that good karma is the reason I'm still alive today.
"

Centurion takes another sip of his scotch before placing it back on the table.

"After that" Centurion continues "I got the place all fixed up, gave some rooms to the families that were living here, and turned this place into my modern day paradise. Every year, I've been coming back here to rest and reflect. Every year, I come to tap into the land and the lifestyle once cultivated by my ancestors. Every year, I give back to the people of Greece who have given me so much.

And this year, I give back to Greece once more, by giving them an absolute classic wrestling match...and by allowing them to see me punch Chris Page really hard in the fucking mouth.

Now, allow me to be perfectly honest with you all - this match was never my intention. I didn't expect to be facing Chris Page in Greece. I thought I'd wrestle some dude from the indies that was looking to get a little extra exposure. Not once did the thought cross my mind that Chris Page may want to take part in some blood feud that would lead to an all out fucking war in Athens.

And why would I think that? After all, all I've heard from Chris Page is how I significant I am. I'm apparently trash. My legacy means nothing. I'm a broken down, boring old man that has always sucked, and I don't even deserve to breathe the same air as the all mighty Chris Page, much less wrestle him. With all of that, you would think CCP wouldn't want to fly all the way to Greece to face me. Hell, you would think CCP wouldn't even want to talk about me. After all, kings don't care about the opinions of peasants, right?

It's almost like...Page was lying.
"

Centurion stands from his chair with his scotch in his hand. He slowly walks towards the end of the stone that makes up the poolside area, and speaks to the camera as he does.

"Of course" Centurion says in a lower tone "Page doesn't want to admit he's lying, primarily because he doesn't want to BE lying. He would like nothing more than to be right, and for have me be some insignificant side story to his life. Unfortunately for him, that isn't possible. No matter how hard he tries to bury me, I always come back into his mind, like that terrible video you saw on YouTube one day that you wish you hadn't seen and now takes up the vast majority of your life."

Centurion stops as he gets to the edge of the stone and looks out into the sea.

"It must suck, Chris." Centurion says as he directs his focus towards his opponent. "It must suck to think so little of me, and yet have everyone constantly talking about me when they meet you. That's what this whole thing is truly about, isn't it? You work your way back to the XWF, get to the top of the ladder once again, win the Universal Championship, and when you walk into the airport and all those fans rush to you, you hear someone say "yeah, but what about Centurion?" So you retain your title for several months, staring down some of the best competition the federation has to offer, and you hear someone say "did you see Centurion's match?" So you finally get into the ring with me, and you beat me, and you think you've gotten rid of me forever, and the moment you walk backstage, someone asks "how cool was it to be in the ring with Centurion?"

And now? Now you go through a grueling three match series with Chris Page, end your XWF career, bankrupt a rival promotion, form your own talent agency, and pump your services out to every wrestling show under the planet, and what do you hear?

"Boy, it's pretty cool that Centurion is still winning titles, isn't it?"

That's why you're here. You want to end me. You want to murder me. You want to string my body up in the city square like I'm Mussolini, because you never want to hear about me again, but guess what? Even that won't get you what you want, because the moment I leave this earth, the wrestling industry will hold a memorial for me that is so vast and so beautiful it will bring tears to the eyes of the Pope, and you'll have to sit there and listen to every single wrestler in the world talk about how much of an inspiration I was.

That is, until YOU die...and you get a nice graphic at the beginning of the show and Denzel Porter reporting about how you were broke and lonely when you passed.

"Oh, I don't care about being liked…" Yes, you do, Page. You don't care if the fans don't give a shit about you, but you demand admiration from your peers. It's why you decided to start managing any wrestler willing to kiss your ass. You don't fear failure, Page. You fear being forgotten, and you know that will never happen to me, despite not having the resume as long and as prestigious as yours. That's why you're here, Page…

Because I'm in your head, and you hope violence is the way out. Well, sorry to tell you, but you tried that once before, and it didn't work.
"

Centurion lets out a slight laugh as he takes another sip of his drink.

"That's the problem, Page." Centurion continues. "You can beat me a thousand times, and you'll never get me out of your head, nor will you be able to erase what I've done in this business. You think you're going to spill my blood on Greek soil? Ok, I've spilled my blood everywhere, but what do you think is going to happen after the match? Win or lose, that crowd is going to be chanting "Thank you Cent! Thank you Cent!" And you'll get boo'd, but honestly...anyone would. As far as the people of Greece are concerned, you're just my opponent. YOU are the one that doesn't matter in this match. You aren't the one they came to see. Hell, do they even know who you are? Do the people of Greece have Chris Page posters in their room? I'm going to venture a guess to say they don't.

Point is, Page, you already set yourself up for failure. You already told everyone how unimportant I am, so when the crowd starts chanting my name, you will have failed. You already said you'd kill me and end my career, so when I stand up at the end of the match and walk out of there, you will have failed. And when you guarantee yourself a victory, and you already pencil in that victory in your win-loss record, and I'm the one who ends the night with their hand raised, well…

...you'll have failed
."

Centurion says the last line in an incredibly serious, deep tone. He takes one final sip of his scotch before lowering the empty glass below the line of sight of the camera.

"Chris," Centurion continues in a serious tone. "Your transition from world class wrestler to internet troll has been impressive. I admire your new gimmick of "Twitter Reply Guy". It's been fun to watch you talk yourself in circles, but we're back in the ring now, and all the tweets in the world isn't going to prevent what's about to happen to you. You should have kept your mouth shut, Page. You should never have insulted me and my career, because now, you're going to have to try to explain to everybody how losing to me WASN'T the biggest embarrassment of your entire career. Maybe you can just go "lol jk" and suddenly start talking about how awesome I am. Maybe you'll blame the weather or something. Or maybe you can finally just shut the fuck up...though I highly doubt that last one will happen.

Welcome to the land of Olympus, Chris Page. Το σώμα μου είναι δυνατό. Το μυαλό μου είναι καθαρό. Το μυαλό μου είναι καθαρό. Και θα συναντήσεις το δικό σου

TELEKI FANTASIA!!!

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-95-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Centurion's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (11-05-2021), Atara Raven (11-05-2021), JimCaedus (11-05-2021), Peter Vaughn (11-05-2021), Theo Pryce (11-05-2021)