Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 07:10 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Searching for Clues, Internal Theme Songs and The Louisville Plot Thickens...
Mark Flynn Offline
24/7 Briefcase Holders get their name in GOLD
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

11-01-2021, 05:53 PM

The Story So Far...
And now… The story continues!

[Image: c5dKCbB.png]

October 18th, 2021
Inside the KFC Yum! Center
Louisville, KY

“Crim-in-ALLLLLLL!”

NK does a forward-roll down the hallway. He glances left, then right, verifying both paths are clear.

“Doo-doo dah-doo dah-doo dah-doo DOO DOO CRIM-IN-ALLLLLLLLL!”

NK hugs the wall and creeps along the side, pointing his right finger in the air like a gun. NK puts his left hand on his wrist to steady his finger gun.

Flynn walks up behind him, with zero presentation and clearly irritated.

“What the fuck are you doing?”

NK, after verifying the hall is clear, holsters his finger into his pocket.

“My theme song, Mark Flynn.”

“…I thought your theme song was North Korea’s National Anthem?”

NK blushes.

“Well... that is my wrestling theme. But THIS…”

NK points his finger in the air, indicating towards the song in his head.

“THIS is my ESPIONAGE theme song.”

Flynn is unimpressed.

“Well, you might wanna turn down the volume on your song, so we can hear all the nothing going on here.”

NK, for the first time, seems to notice what Flynn already has. The backstage of the KFC Yum! Center is completely empty… and deathly quiet.

NK seems disappointed.

“Dash it all! No stealth necessary?”

Flynn squints at NK, who apparently thought loudly singing his theme song was being stealthy… Before shaking his head and shrugging.

“Not sure. But Dolly tipped us here for some reason. Keep your eyes peeled. Maybe we can find a records room with some documentation on what the XWF is doing here…”

NK nods determinedly.

“Perhaps we should split up and search for clues?”

Flynn laughs.

“Are we STILL doing Scooby Doo bullshit? I thought we left that with Larry in Romania?”

NK squints confused.

“Romania, Mark Flynn?”

“...Yeah, NK, Romania. Are you kidding? We partnered up with the god-damned Wolfman, don’t tell me you already forgot that shit?”

“Mark Flynn, that happens next week… On October 28th.”

Flynn smiles, bemused at first, like there’s a miscommunication.

“No, I mean… Romania. You know, we… um.” Flynn looks down, trying to recall… Wait, what is Flynn talking about?

He has memories of Romania… Sitting incomplete in his mind… Of an event that has not yet occurred.

He remembers Lawrence Talbot... How he wanted to die... The angry mob...

...How did that story end?

Flynn's eyelids flutter as he tries to clear his mind and make sense of this fog in his brain...

NK presses a palm to Flynn’s forehead, like a mother checking their child for a fever.

“Are you all right, Mark Flynn? Are all those concussions finally sinking in?”

Flynn frowns, swatting away NK’s hand. He dismisses the exercise and looks around the Yum! Center suspiciously...

“Forget it. Fine, let’s split up. Anything that gets us out of here faster.”

NK claps once, enthusiastically.

“Excellent, now, to determine the best division of labor for maximum productivity…”

NK strokes his chin, in deep ponderance. Flynn rolls his eyes and immediately cuts down a hallway to the right.

NK snaps his fingers. Eureka!

“I’ve got it! Mark Flynn, you parse to the right and I’ll search to the left! We’ll meet back here in fifteen minutes. If you find anything, the codeword to reunite is ‘MUSKRAT’!”

NK rushes off to the left, not noticing Flynn had already left...

At the end of a long winding hallway, Flynn finds an open door… Hanging on the frame is another XWF logo.

Behind the door, Flynn finds a staircase...

“Hmm, okay…”

Flynn starts climbing stairs…

“Who’s the man that commits War Crimes, but catches crooks all-of-the-time!”

NK rolls sideways onto the ground, ending up prone, pointing his finger-gun down the hall.

“Crim-in-ALLLLLLL!”

NK peeks down the sight of his… finger.

And spots at the end of this hallway… A fold-out table.

NK can’t see well enough from down here… He holsters his right index finger and retrieves his left hand, which he cups around his eye to serve as a makeshift telescope…

Hmm…

Image is still unclear.

NK reaches into his actual left pocket to pull out his actual, real, not-his-hand telescope. He glimpses down its sights.

Through the scope, he now sees the table is covered in a red-and-white checkerboard lining. And above that, a catering spread! Finger sandwiches! Cheddar slices! Grapes off the vine! Sausages-on-a-stick!

“AHA! A clue!”

NK slides his real telescope back into his pocket, then forward-somersaults down the hall.

He puts the brakes on just in front of the catering table.

He drops his face to the table, pressing his nose into the various meats and cheeses laid out! He almost inhales a grape down his nostril.

He stands straight in the air and ponders this.

“Hmm, the spread appears to still be fresh…”

He uses his left and right hands to compare the spread… And notes that the sides are narrowly uneven.

“And partially consumed. Which means… We’re not alone.”

He takes a single grape and presses it between his teeth…

“Ah AHHHH!”

His brow furrows as he fetches the grape back out of his mouth. It’s hard as a stone.

Despite looking fresh and room temperature, the grape is frozen solid.

“Bizarre.”

NK attempts to find a napkin to wrap the grape around until he can find a trash bin. As he scans the left side of the table for such a tool, he notices standing directly at the table’s side.. A man in a black polo and black slacks!

“AHHHHHHHHH!”

NK panics, slipping onto the floor! On the way down, his wrist slams against the table and the whole catering spread buckles and flops onto the floor. NK falls to one knee, as the table comes down atop him, trapping him under it.

“MUSKRAT, MARK FLYNN! MUSKRAAAAAAAAAAAAT!”

Flynn is halfway up stair flight number 6… He stops in his tracks as he hears screaming from the halls below.

“Mark Flynn! Muuuuuuskraaaaaaaaaat!”

“Hmm, guess the arena has a rodent problem…”

Flynn shrugs and keeps climbing stairs.

NK shivers in his boots, cowering in fear, still trapped under the table...

“I SURRENDER! DON’T HURT ME! PLEASE, I’LL TELL YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT ABOUT MARK FLYNN! THE XWF INVESTIGATION! THE INTERNAL STRUCTURE OF THE BASKIN ROBBINS CORPORATION!”

After a few seconds, NK takes a brief personal inventory and notes that he isn’t dead or captured.

He peeks through his hands, currently covering his face. And sees the man in his polo and slacks.

Completely motionless.

On his chest, a logo that reads FWX...

Standing still as a statue.

NK kips-up to his feet athletically. He peers deeply into the eyes of this statue man… And sees no life.

NK waves a hand in front of the man’s face. He even presses a finger into the man’s chest. No reaction.

“...Very odd.”

NK examines what the man is doing… He looks like he’s mid-shouting and pointing… down the hallway…

NK follows the path of the statue-man’s pointing… And tip-toes down the hallway… Past a sign that says ‘THIS WAY TO ENTRANCE RAMP’...

Flynn finally gets to the top of the 12th flight of stairs… To a door that reads ‘Executive Suite’.

Flynn presses the door open with a right hand cautiously…

And steps into an empty suite. One that overlooks the entire KFC Yum! Center… A large network of glass panels gives a view of the arena below…

Flynn approaches the window carefully…

And peers down.

And he sees…

A completely full arena.

23,085 fans in attendance.

All frozen in time.

They stand, some mid-clap, some mid-waving signs, some mid-trying to holler down the Hot Dog vendor, who is also frozen in place.

At the center of this display… Is an empty wrestling ring….

And at ringside is an announce booth… With a giant green man and a woman, smiling, looking into the camera posted in front of the booth… Also frozen in place.

Like a one-to-one scale diorama of an XWF wrestling event...

“What the fuck…?”

Flynn turns back to the booth. And sees an office desk with a laptop… He walks towards it.

NK walks by an increasing number of frozen FWX employees.

A poor intern holding Drunk Atty’s hair back mid-vomit into a bucket of ice-water.

In the soundbooth, a tech is mid-switching musical tracks for the Titantron…

A production assistant stares down motionlessly at a clipboard with a schedule of events, about one-third of the way crossed out.

“...Curiouser and curiouser…”

NK sees the curtain beyond the sound booth… And walks forward…

Flynn sits down at the work desk and shakes the mouse.

The Screen blinks to life, asking for a password.

Flynn peers at the screen.

The username is ‘R_M_XWF’... Last login was 3 weeks ago…

Flynn taps his nose. Around the same time Relentless took place.

He didn’t have a clue what the password might be, though… Flynn stood up from the desk.

And that’s when it caught his eye.

A lever. Wooden. Painted gold. Protruding out the wall. And beside it is a vault with a number pad embedded in the panel...

Flynn walked over to it and let his hand rest on the fulcrum of the lever...

NK walked out onto the stage and for the first time, glimpsed the completely full, frozen KFC Yum! Centre, hosting a completely paused FWX Wrestling Event.

“...What the fuck?”

With a gentle tug, Flynn pulled down the lever.

Suddenly, the arena returns to life! The previously silent arena is packed with the cheering and applause that only a capacity crowd can deliver!

“-eceiving word that our feed is currently experiencing technical difficulties! It’s April 1st, of course, things will go wrong, haha. But don’t touch that dial, coming up next, we’ve got Scarf Quayson versus Jim Beam! We should be able to resume the feed and we’ll be right back to you with more FWX action in just a few moments!”

Hezzie Halliwell turns to Pip the Golly Green Giant and they pleasantly chat for a few moments.

NK stands at the top of the ramp, covering his ears with the jarring shift in volume.

“Ahhhhh!”

He looks around bewildered at the sights before him.

“WHAT the FUCK?”

Flynn runs to the window and observes the still-motion scene below him suddenly coming to life…

A hot dog that was frozen mid-toss from the vendor finally makes it to its buyer. Unfortunately, the guy’s hand closes too soon and it ends up bouncing off his hand and into the hair of the woman two rows in front of him.

Three children run up the stairs two-by-two to make it to the restroom before the commercial break ends…

“What THE FUCK?!?”

Suddenly, and on its own... the lever lifts back to center…

And the scene stops again, and all of the arena’s occupants besides Flynn and NK re-freeze at a new moment…

Then, the lever lifts once again to a new height.

And suddenly, the scene… reverses.

The children leap backwards two-steps at a time, back to their seats…

The hot dog travels out of the woman’s hair, back to the man’s closed hand, back to its point in mid-flight…

Hezzie and Pip go from casual conversation, back to looking down the barrel of the booth cam… Hezzie’s hand returns to her earpiece.

“HOLY FUCK. WHAT?”

The lever drops back to the center. And the scene re-freezes.

Flynn scans the entire arena below. The only thing moving down there… He sees NK, looking like an ant from up here, standing at the top of the ramp, looking very puzzled.

And behind NK… A figure approaches.

“Shit!” Flynn runs for the exit…

The computer screen flashes… And records the time of Flynn's exit.

NK looks around, completely mesmerized by the scene reversing itself in place. Watching each piece gracefully move around in perfect synchronization.

As all the pieces return to their original position, he’s so mesmerized…

He almost doesn’t notice the tap on his shoulder.

“Excuse me, sir, this is private property. Your credentials, please?”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

NK spins, eyes-closed and pulls his finger-gun out of his pocket.

“BANG!”

“...Did you just try to shoot me with your finger?”

To Be Continued...

Present Day

Flynn and NK stand in a dark room, side-by-side.

“Cage Coleman.”

“Cage. Coleman.”

“Famous the world over.”

“He’s wrestled in Italy, India and The Middle East!”

“One of the most talented wrestlers to ever run the ropes…”

Flynn smiles.

“Allegedly.”

Flynn glances over at NK.

“He also apparently wrestled once in North Korea?”

NK rolls his eyes.

“He was SCHEDULED to wrestle in North Korea against our Glorious Leader. When he found out that our Glorious Leader had hoped to use 10% of his full power in the match, Cage Coleman disguised himself as a film crew member and snuck on a plane back to the United States.”

“Like in that movie Argo?”

“Perhaps? I’m unfamiliar with R-Go. The only American movies I’ve ever seen are The Iron Giant and Juwanna Mann.”

“...Huh. So Cage wasn’t told to take a ‘Mike Tyson’ dive and lose by knockout in ten seconds?”

“As Cage Coleman might say, #FakeNews.”

Flynn cackles.

“Still, I’m not impressed by where you’ve been, Cage. You could have wrestled in every barn on every coast the globe over, in front of DOZENS of gap-toothed inbreds sitting on hay bales. Or you could have wrestled for, and maybe against, Saudi Princes in a fucking ring made of solid gold.”

“A ring like that would probably hurt to get slammed on…”

“It doesn’t matter to me WHERE you’ve wrestled, but HOW you’ve wrestled.”

NK waves his hands in the air, attempting to stop Flynn.

“Ah! Mark Flynn! You must proceed cautiously now. For Cage Coleman is a multi-time Match of the Year award winner. He is beloved by the critics, and every awards season, he is showered with adulation and nominations!”

“...What the fuck is a Match of the Year award?”

NK is shocked.

“Mark Flynn, how can you be unaware of the Match of the Year Award?”

Flynn shrugs.

“Maybe because I’m a god-damn athlete, not a fucking ballerina like ‘Twinkle Toes’ Cage Coleman? I don’t give a shit if my matches are entertaining because I’m not trying to put on a show. I’m competing in the greatest sport ever devised. Every ounce of effort, every move I make, every synapse in my brain is dedicated to victory and victory alone.”

“I’m not taking anyone a second longer in the ring than they deserve. We beat Kai Morgan and Ciela Luiz in 75 seconds, the last 30 of which I was tagged in. I beat Killjoy Jr in 28 seconds back in 2012. If I can get a victory quickly, why the fuck wouldn’t I?”

“...Then, why did you take one complete hour to take Thad to a one-to-one draw?”

Flynn sighs.

“THAT WAS THE OPTIMAL PATH! I assumed we’d get an overtime period and I’d beat him in the overage.”

“...Mark Flynn, the Optimal Path continues to be you just saying things worked out… or WOULD have worked out. As I said before, the Optimal Path is like 80% cheating and 20% random bullshit.”

Flynn is aghast.

“NK! The Optimal Path prevented me from getting cashed in on! If things had gone to my original intent, and I HAD taken Thad out in overtime… Corey would have cashed in on me. And he’d be the legitimate Supercontinental champion.”

“BUT! Thanks to the Optimal Path taking us down its divine route, neither Thad nor I SHOULD HAVE been crowned Supercontinental Champion, since neither of us won. Thus, Corey pinned a non-champion and I still have a valid claim to lay out down the line. THUS, the Optimal Path has led us to the best case scenario!”

“I’d also like to point out Thad had called bullshit on my claim at WarGames that I softened him up for Corey to finish him off… And then look exactly how Relentless played out. I softened him up and Corey borrowed my earned victory.”

Flynn smiles, as if his point is proven.

It’s NK’s turn to be unimpressed.

“Mark Flynn, your faith in the Optimal Path is almost as ridiculous as Cage Coleman’s statements on what he COULD accomplish.”

Flynn laughs.

“At least we agree on that. And he has the nerve to try to run down my accomplishments?”

“Cage Coleman says he COULD win in 30 seconds if he wanted to. I have, as I’ve said, won a number of my matches in 30 seconds or less.”

“Cage Coleman says he COULD be world champion if he took shortcuts like I did? I AM a Two-time XWF World Champion.”

“Sure, I cashed in a briefcase to get my first taste of world-title gold. The second time? I wrestled in a 16-man tournament. I had to win four matches in one night. One of which was against a future Universal Champion… And I DID it.”

“You want to claim I don’t belong with the best of the best, Cage? That it’s a stretch to claim I belong in the top-tier?”

“Motherfucker.”

“I.”

“Am.”

“The.”

“Greatest.”

“Wrestler.”

“Who.”

“Ever.”

“LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVED.”

Before NK can dispute that claim by interjecting his own name, Flynn gets his face real close to the camera.

“In my career, I’ve logged wins over EIGHT XWF Universal champions. And TWELVE over the XWF Top 50 of All-Time.”

“Were these victories watchable? Were they entertaining?”

Before Flynn can answer his own rhetorical question, NK pulls up reviews on his 2003 Motorola Razr from profightdb.com… He points the screen to the camera where Mark Flynn has surprisingly high ratings: His latest match with Thaddeus Duke at Relentless was rated Five-out-of-Five Stars.

“Yes! Apparently so!”

Flynn pushes the phone out of camera view.

“News Flash! I don’t give a shit.”

“I don’t line my mantle with ‘Fan Favorite’ awards. I don’t fill my trophy case with ‘Best Performance’ medals. You know what ‘Best Performance’ sounds like to me? A fucking participation trophy. A Perfect Attendance certificate. A smiley face sticker on the top of a B+ pop quiz.”

“My name is synonymous with the only thing that matters to me professionally.”

“CHAMPIONSHIP GOLD. A FUCKING LOT OF IT.”

NK reels Flynn back away from the screen, trying one more time to urge Mark Flynn to proceed cautiously.

“But Mark Flynn! Cage Coleman is not only dangerous because of his awards and critical acclaim. Not ONLY because he has a passport and can travel to Italy AND India! But he also… has fancy moves!”

NK’s fingers twitch like he’s casting a spell.

“Those fancy moves win matches, Mark Flynn!”

Flynn smirks.

Fancy moves don’t win matches, NK. EFFECTIVE moves win matches. And plotting move counters wins more matches.”

“Cage Coleman has an arsenal of pretty, dare-I-say dazzling-to-the-eye maneuvers.”

“Dragonscrews, hurricanranas, etcetera.”

“The kind of moves that charm a yokel or a simpleton or someone writing for a wrestling newsletter. Moves that make wrestling feel like magic.”

Flynn waves his hands in the air into a rainbow shape… then wrings his hands in disgust.

"You know the fun thing about flashy moves? They're easy to counter. Usually by the receiver exerting any force counter to the direction the move-user intends the action to travel."

"Dragonscrew? Draw your foot inwards to force your opponent into your grasp. Wrap him in a front-facelock to reduce his mobility."

"Hurricanrana? Fucking powerbomb."

Flynn wags his finger.

“My moves, on the other hand, are designed to be neither wondrous nor awe-inspiring.”

“They’re designed to inflict pain and injury. They’re designed to exploit weaknesses in the mechanics of the human body and render even the fittest competitor unable to defend themselves due to JOINT FAILURE.”

“I target knees, elbows, wrists… NECKS. Pretty much any hinge on the body that breaks under pressure… One of those gets snapped… All of a sudden, those pretty moves stop meaning much of anything…”

Flynn lets a hideous grin creep along his face.

“I hope Cage Coleman squeezes in all his big spots and impressive moments on Wednesday night. Cuz the only way Thursday morning anyone might be impressed by Cage Coleman is if they think a minimally-conscious person eating applesauce through a feeding tube is impressive.”

Flynn snickers, before he gets another insidious bout of inspiration.

“Last point, Cage: The only thing YOU have in common with Purdue... is in your next match-up, you’re going to get fucking demolished by an opponent repping Michigan State.”

NK smiles and pats Flynn on the shoulder, proudly.

“Mark Flynn! I didn’t know Michigan State is your alma mater.”

“It isn’t. But I did spend a few years at the Michigan State Psych Ward.”

Flynn and NK both smile into the camera…

As the scene fades to black...
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark Flynn's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (11-01-2021), Marf (11-01-2021), Schism (11-01-2021), Theo Pryce (11-03-2021), Unknown Soldier (11-02-2021)