Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 03:09 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Results Are In
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

10-28-2021, 09:54 AM

So the result are in and on the whole they were pretty positive which is great but there were definitely a few things mentioned that we as a staff need to address and we will. First let's review the questions:

Question 1 - Do you like the feds current roleplay structure? (ie - multiple shows with their own rp rules)

84.21% said Yes
15.79% said No

Takeaway: Roleplay structure stays as is.

Question 2 - If you answered no to question 1, what would you like to see done differently?

10 people answered this question and 9 skipped it. Given that the overwhelming majority of people support the current RP structure this question is kind of null and void but there were one or two responses worth putting in our back pocket to potentially revisit at a later time and date.

Question 3 - How do you feel about the XWF's current PPV schedule?

78.95% said Yes
21.05 said No

Takeaway: PPV schedule will remain as is.

Question 4 - How do you feel about the XWF's current titles/championships structure?

57.89% said Yes
15.79% said more titles
26.32 said less titles

Takeaway: Our title structure will remain the same. But we will discuss potentially removing the Freestyle Championship if we remove any.

Question 5 - How do you feel about the current shows structure (Warfare,Savage,Anarchy)?

84.21% said Yes
15.79% said No

Takeaway: Show structure stays as is.

Question 6 - Please offer any feedback you might have about XWF results. Good and bad.

Question 7 - Q7 Any general feedback about anything XWF related?

Takeaway: So I am going to combine these questions and address the three most common themes we saw in response to these two questions.

1. Making the roleplay/judging rubric public. - We have previously decided against this because we felt as though we did a good enough job of explaining to people what the key components are for what we consider to be a successful roleplay. We also don't want people "writing to the rubric" so to speak but as this seems to be a topic that comes up every so often we are going to be posting and pinning the rubric on the OOC forum.

If after this is released people would like feedback for their roleplays we will be happy to provide it in the same fashion we do now. We will not be giving you an line by line breakdown of everything. We will give you the bullet points of what you did well and where you fell short. Keep in mind subjectivity always plays a role even with a rubric.

2. Consistency- This seems like a multifaceted comment as it was often used to address consistency among how the announcers/Steve Sayors were portrayed as well as among the format/structure of the results. Regarding the the commentary team and Steve Sayors we have recently updated the Here Is Your Staff post that has been on the boards for a while but has been allowed to get outdated. Hopefully this provides some more clarity for people when writing matches/segments.

In regards to consistency in results. We try to allow for the respective GM teams some leeway in how they portray their results in both aesthetics and format however there are a few key elements we do try and keep consistent. We will continue to monitor this to try and make sure there is more consistency across the board where applicable.

We will do a better job of making sure that we edit segments or entrances to fit the context in which they are written so that they don't seem so generic.

3. Continuity - With this the general sense was that there are times when segments are allowed to overshadow each other which of course runs the risk of one segment being almost ignored when reading the results. Additionally there may be times where multiple segments may be submitted where contradictory things may happen and we don't do a good enough job editing them make sure that continuity is kept. This is something we will work on by putting in place a few different measures to make sure we catch all of these things before results are posted. As a result it is possible that results may not go up as quickly as everyone is accustomed to. The fed prides itself on always posting results on time but we may have to sacrifice some of that time(hours) for better results.

4. Twitter - A couple people mentioned wanting to see more from the XWF's official twitter account(@XWF1999). This account is shared by Vinnie and I and the two of us will work to improve the content and frequency of that accounts posts. We will continue to like and retweet all roleplays you all do. Ideally you tag the account as that makes it much easier on us to see said posts. We will also try and hype up all of our shows as well as anything posted on our media channel. We will also start posting new sign up announcements for anyone who joins the fed. If there are specific things you would like to see us do with that account please feel free to respond below.

Lastly, thank you to the 19 of you who responded to this survey. I hope we are able to adequately address your concerns to make your XWF experience better.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
ElijahMartin (10-28-2021), JimCaedus (10-28-2021), Marf (10-28-2021), Mr. Oz (10-28-2021), Ned Kaye (10-28-2021), Schism (10-28-2021)
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

10-28-2021, 10:37 AM

I haven't had the chance to do the survey, as I've had mucus in my brain for the past few days, but I can't think of anything I would disagree with here. Could do with putting me over more, but other than that, I think the schedule works.

EDIT: I will say, I still don't like that the Hart Title was scrapped, but I understand it, and I've accepted it.

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

10-28-2021, 03:34 PM

(10-28-2021, 10:37 AM)Centurion Said: EDIT: I will say, I still don't like that the Hart Title was scrapped, but I understand it, and I've accepted it.

I'll be 100% on the real with you. Knowing how much you would hate it was my sole motivation for changing it.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
ALIAS (10-28-2021), JimCaedus (11-03-2021), Mr. Oz (10-28-2021)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Theo Pryce's post!
Centurion (10-29-2021)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

11-02-2021, 02:36 PM

I was so out of the loop I didn't even know there was a survey.

Shrugs in Warstein.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thaddeus Duke's post:
JimCaedus (11-03-2021)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

11-02-2021, 03:27 PM

You and anyone else who did not complete the survey are welcome to offer any feedback you'd like at any point either publicly or privately. I did the survey just so people could do it anonymously.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
JimCaedus (11-03-2021)
Mark Flynn Offline
24/7 Briefcase Holders get their name in GOLD
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

11-02-2021, 03:56 PM

I opened the survey three times and felt bad that every time I bubbled “like it as-is” on every question and had no suggestions.

But everything’s been great in my view. ❤️
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark Flynn's post:
JimCaedus (11-03-2021), Mr. Oz (11-02-2021), Thaddeus Duke (11-02-2021), Theo Pryce (11-02-2021)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

11-02-2021, 08:43 PM

(11-02-2021, 03:56 PM)Mark Flynn Said: I opened the survey three times and felt bad that every time I bubbled “like it as-is” on every question and had no suggestions.

But everything’s been great in my view. ❤️

Aggressively passive my friend!

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
JimCaedus (11-03-2021), Mark Flynn (11-02-2021)