Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:45 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Going Home
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Offline
EOL15072023

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

11-07-2021, 09:03 AM

"My battle with Marf at "Charlie Nickles Presents The Marf Show: Halloween Shove-It Spooktacular" had marked my official return to the XWF after the great XWF sex scandal of 2021. I was lucky to be afforded this opportunity considering that just a few short months ago, the internal talk within the XWF was that Micheal Graves would never work for this company again, but I knew that Marf wouldn't be able to resist a chance to shut me up once and for all, and with him also pushing for the match to happen, at a show booked in his honor no less, it proved to be the foot in the door that I needed. The appearance went off without a hitch. I think management was pleasantly surprised by not hearing about any typical Gravy shenanigans at the show. That might be why my request to face Jim was met with minimal resistance. There was also the match itself, it had left its scars, but pain and scars were something that I had grown accustomed to over my two-plus-decade-long career, and there is no pain that could compete with the feeling of satisfaction that came with that victory over Marf. Not just because I scored the win, but also because I earned it. Marf proved himself to be an equally stubborn son of a bitch who was more than capable of taking everything that I threw at him and dishing it back out, but at the end of the day, he just didn't want it as much as I did. That's not to say that Marf is lazy or unfocused, not at all. It's just that after years wasted to the psychosis that was my life, I have more to prove at this stage of my career than he. Even still, he put up more of a fight than I'd have liked."

"I think that it's time to remind myself what it is that I'm fighting for."

[Image: ezgif-7-fa4f2db65d2b.gif]

.::Pittsburgh, PA. Outside of the old dilapidated home of Micheal Graves::.

"That'll be $37.50!" The crusty old man driving the cab said as he whipped his head back to see me lost in my gaze upon the house I once called home. His words failed to reach me as all of the memories came flooding back. My wife, my kids... They were so real to me, but now I can't even recall their names. I wonder, what would have happened had I never returned to wrestling? Maybe my family wasn't real, but they were real enough to me. My time with them has proven to be the happiest time in my life, and yet they are something that I can never go back to, never replace. Figments of my imagination, only destined to find life in my twisted memories, but now even those are fading away. "Guy, are you good?" His voice broke through, but I didn't respond. Instead, I find myself further examining the question."

Am I good?

It's a question with many answers depending on the context.

Am I a good wrestler? I've collected many belts in my career. Does that make me good?

I've defeated tough opponents and lost to my fair share as well, but I never shied from the challenge. Does that make me good?

I've pushed merch and put asses in many of seat as people come from far and wide in hopes of seeing me get my ass kicked.

I used to love it when I could send them home pissed off!

I'm a controversial character. Some people believe it to be a cry for attention from an untalented has been. Me making up for my "lack of talent", they would say. Let them! It'll be me who has the last laugh when I'm carving the flesh from their skulls!

Wait! No! What am I saying? My pills!

"Hello freakshow, anything kicking around up there!? $37.50!"

Ah shit, the cabby! He obviously meant mentally, and that's the one area where I can't honestly say that I am good. I put off finding my pills in order to dig out two twenties. I toss them up to the cab driver and step out. He doesn't waste a second getting the hell away from me, and as I watch the cab roll on down the road, I can't help but recognize the fact that I've grown used to people wanting to put immense distance between them and myself. I turn my attention back to the house. I'm surprised at how good of shape it's in considering that it has sat abandoned pretty much since my return to the XWF... Not that it was of the utmost upkeep, to begin with...

[Image: gravyhome.jpg]

As I approach the house, I notice the front door has been broken and is halfway off of the hinges. I slowly creep the door open, peering in at the darkness and dust. On the hardwood floor, there are many tracks. It seems my old house has become something of a tourist attraction. Halloween did just pass. Maybe some teens answered a dare to enter the creepy home of the psychopathic professional wrestler and his imaginary family? Regardless, I sense no other presence in the house as I take my first steps inside in years. As I do, it's almost as if life washes over the place. Color's spring to life. Cracks in the walls heal. The dingy dust that seconds earlier covered every square inch of this house, now gone in a flash. It's a bit overwhelming and I stagger back against the door, closing it behind me as I continue to survey the interior of the home in shock by what I'm seeing.

"Honey is that you?" Her voice calls from up the steps and her name comes flooding back to me. It's almost as I never left my mind.

"Stephanie?"

"DADDY!"

Two children call out to me simultaneously from the kitchen. I turn my head just in time to see them running into the room. They grab me by each leg and hug tightly, as though they haven't seen me in... Years. No, this isn't real! They aren't real!

"Honey!"

Her smile lights up the room as my heart melts. She's the woman of my dreams. She's all that I ever wanted. Her arms feel very real as they stretch around me, as does her breast as she presses them firmly against my chest in her embrace.

"We've missed you so much!"

For a moment I consider the possibility of staying here. Real or not, they are the only people to have ever loved me. They do for me what nobody else can do. Make me feel safe.

"NO!"

I can not fall for this facade again! This isn't love! This isn't a family! It's a crutch! A coupling device that I created because I couldn't build the life that I wanted for myself. I refuse to go back to this. I refuse to settle for pretend happiness. Still, I have feelings for them. Real or not, they will be missed. I know what I must do. I embrace my family one final time. I let them know everything they have meant to me. I thank them for being there when I really needed them. Then I tell them that I don't need them anymore. Their horrified expressions are almost enough to make me put the pills away, but I push through the pain and swallow them down dry. Within minutes my family fades away and the house returns to its previous dilapidated state.

A few minutes later I walk out of the front door as back smoke barrels out behind me. Going home is no longer an option. It never really was, but this act of finality ensures that I never again forget that the only thing in my life that has ever been real, should no longer be taken for granted. Whatever time I have left inside of the ring, I plan on making the most of it.

[Image: klipartz-com.png]
(Alais)

Timing is everything, and this isn't it. Let Lycanna or some other ill-prepared fool sacrifice themselves to the eater of all things, and let's scale that challenge back a bit for this old-timer. Besides, I crave something with history.

[Image: rh.jpg]
(Robert Main)

Close, but no. Not only is this a case of been there, done that, but I've been living rent-free in his head ever since. You don't think that I've tried to set this match up before? Robert's "busy schedule" always seems to get in the way. Maybe if I catch his eye with the glimmer of gold that would change? Ah shit, might as well crank that challenge up to half-past Main!

[Image: Screenshot-2019-08-28-at-2-30-47-PM.png]
(Jim Caedus)

Ah, shit... That's the one, isn't it? Feels right. Been there and done that as well. Lost the match. Survived a hundred-foot fall and nearly drowned. I also conjured a dragon or something? Was that real?

[Image: JggTqeU.png]

[Image: czwultraviolenttitle.png]

MICHEAL GRAVES
- vs -
JIM CAEDUS ©
LAST MAN STANDING- If Jim Caedus retains he earns a 24/7 briefcase

Night has fallen and we catch up with Micheal leaning against a brick wall across from a Greyhound Bus station. He takes a long drag off his cigarette before flicking it off-camera.

"Hello Jim. It's... been a while. The last time that we interacted in that ring, I was projecting a lot of anger onto you, blaming you for certain failures that I wasn't of the right mind to admit that everything bad that was happening to me was my own doing. Eh, there's more to it than that, but we aren't here to perform a deep mental probe to track down all the why's and what's that may, at the very least excuse some of the things that I've said and done. It'll just be easier if I own up and apologize."

Mikey takes a slow deep breath as he stares deep into the camera.

"Jimmy, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I tried to blame you for my failings. I'm sorry that I said that you were never my friend, and I'm sorry that I spent years resenting you for all of the wrongs that I felt you committed against me, instead of reaching out and trying to mend that fence sooner. You went through some shit too from what I hear. It lead to you missing some time here in the XWF. Right after that Big APEX reveal too. Bad timing. But you're back, and better than ever! Look at you! X-Treme Champion! Well on your way to a second case! All you have to do is get past me!"

"Ah Hell, Jimbo you've got this one in the bag! Here in no time, you'll be Universal champion again, and for you, all will be right in the world! Because like me Jimmy, you're on a road to self-healing. A tarnished legacy. A name that carries a ton of star power, but more than its fair share of baggage. Yeah, two peas in a pod we are. We're nuts Jimbo! Both of us! Maybe me a little more than you, but those anger issues don't just stem out of thin air, do they?"

"Gravy and Caddy, one and the same. Except for one thing. One small difference that sets us apart."

"You still garner their respect."

"See Jimbo, we can both get crazy in that ring, and we can both act just as crazy outside of it, but unlike you, there's not a line that _I_ won't cross. Sure, Zilla-Jim can explain away some otherwise gaping cracks in the narrative, which is easy when you ain't shooting to be no hero, but facts are facts Jim, and you do still care what these people think of you, at least to some degree. You have friends Jim. You have a mate. These are people that you have to please in some way or another. I don't have that, and I don't want it! Do you see these hands, Jim!?"

Graves holds up both fists.

There are no chains on these hands! I love you Jim, and I'm sorry for the role that I played in us drifting apart but don't you think for a minute that means I'm going to hold back on you even a little! As far as I'm concerned, if you want a Universal Title shot, you can ask for it, just like I fucking asked for this shot! To the victor goes the spoils Jim, and I'm taking that Xtreme Championship for the third time after I prove to be meaner, tougher, badder, and FAR more sadistic by being the Last Man Standing come the end of Warfare!"

That proves to be a good stopping point for now as a woman's voice chimes in over the PA system. "Now loading bus 394." Graves double checks his ticket before looking back to the camera.

"What!? I'm on the no-fly list! Besides, traveling this way gives me plenty of time to... Prepare. See you soon Jimmy!"

Graves pops a handful of pills and tosses his old duffle bag over his shoulder. He steps up onto the bus as the scene fades out.

[Image: MOSHED-2023-6-19-16-15-56.gif]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 7 users Like (Gravy_Xtreme_5000)'s post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (11-09-2021), Atticus Gold (11-07-2021), JimCaedus (11-09-2021), Marf (11-07-2021), MrBig (11-10-2021), Peter Vaughn (11-07-2021), Theo Pryce (11-15-2021)